Suffering in Silence: Estelle Tasz Turned Away From the ER with Raging Pelvic Mesh Infection

Estelle at UCLA

Estelle at UCLA

Estelle Tasz calls her home “organized chaos.”

The 37-year old mother of four is home now after more than one month in Los Angeles where she went one night in a desperate bid to find medical help. Estelle thought it was necessary to travel 2,400 miles to get help after four hospitals in her home city refused her help, even though Estelle says she had an elevated temperature and a raging infection.

Estelle should know, she worked in the medical field in her career.  She was septic from a urinary tract infection, and unable to void (urinate) or to defecate.

Tasz has plans to return to the urology department at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) for further medical treatment but a chronic bacterial infection has her grounded. The infection has caused spots all over her body so Estelle was prescribed penicillin. Such an infection is believed to be associated with transvaginal mesh. See research here.

“It’s rare. It’s seen in cattle” she tells Mesh News Desk, “and commonly affects the face and neck.”

What would drive this young mother with four children across the country for medical help?

In the Beginning

Plastic polypropylene mesh has been her life following childbirth in 2004 when her bladder dropped. She had transvaginal tape, a form of pelvic mesh used to treat prolapse, and was told it was the “gold standard” of treatment.

When interviewed in April 2014 by WTAE television, Estelle told investigative reporter Paul Van Osdol   that this “gold standard” felt like knives inside of her.  See the interview here.

Estelle and Audrey

Estelle and Audrey

The mesh has also damaged her love life. Estelle remarried in 2012. Because of the surgeries, she cannot have any more children. Wanting a child together, she and her new husband adopted a daughter Audrey.

They took Audrey home when she was only three days old and are still in touch with the birth mother.

MESH DISCOVERY

Estelle says she never knew it was a polypropylene mesh inside her until it was found migrating and degrading in her body during surgery to remove what was thought to be “sutures” to relieve her pain.

Mesh was retrieved during one surgery that took more than ten-hours. It was one of eight she’s had over the years. Only this time Estelle says she died on the table twice. Four doctors treated her during the first surgery, with them only referring to the mesh as “sutures” and never going into more detail.

By early April 2014, Estelle was experiencing bleeding, pain, what she believed was a kidney infection and overall flu-like symptoms. “Mesh Flu,” Estelle calls it; every mesh victim knows the feeling she says.

The young mother returned to the leading mid-west Women’s Hospital to see the female surgeon who had done four of her eight surgeries, including what she called a “removal” surgery. The doctor agreed to order a cystoscopy.

“I was lied to until 2011. I was never told I had mesh and where it was in my pelvis” she says.

During an evaluation by two doctors, one doctor told her to seek psychiatric care. “She gave me a prescription for a vibrator to order from Dr. Oz.” Estelle says remembering she was told this was to be an alternative to her husband.

At the same time another doctor said, “Did you know your cystoscopy showed you have mesh? It needs to come out,” Estelle remembered. Same hospital, same department and two surgeons with two extremely different results. Estelle was confused.

HOSPITAL REFUSALS

The in-depth WTAE report aired April 30, 2014.

Estelle and CAN campaign at J&J headquarter

Estelle and CAN campaign at J&J headquarter

Estelle joined Corporate Action Network, a consumer group that holds corporations accountable, and appeared with other mesh injured women at a Johnson & Johnson shareholders meeting this past year.  She spoke to Huffington Post and was quoted by Associated Press and other media.

See Huff Post here.

But upon returning home, Estelle knew an infection was raging out of control. She visited altogether four local hospital emergency rooms seeking help. In every case, she was turned away.

First Visit –

Estelle hadn’t voided in several days and knew she had a problem. She went to the local hospital reporting her problems and the doctor there tried to get a Foley catheter in but couldn’t. The doctor said he would call a specialist, someone from urology.

“I said, Thank God!” she says.”I was screaming in pain.” Instead the doctor came back with discharge papers saying urology declined to treat her. Nurses told Estelle to seek treatment somewhere else as she was sick but this hospital was not going to help her.

At that point a sick Estelle returned home. Her sister, a nurse, got a catheter in and white puss and particles and urine were coming out. Estelle called everyone she knew including the reporter who had done a story featuring her the week before. She called a PR professional she knew; she called a patient advocate; she called her attorney – begging for help.

Second Visit

By 9:00 the next morning the president of the ER she had left a few hours earlier called and apologized, inviting Estelle back for treatment. Estelle says her return to the hospital she got the red carpet treatment. A catheter removed 800 ccs of urine in her bladder, almost double what the typical bladder holds. A temporary relief which Estelle predicted would fail. It did the next day.

Visit Three –

That’s when she called 9-1-1. About two days later, Estelle was having trouble breathing and pain.

She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. She says her body was hard as a rock. She was given a shot of Adavan and Vicodin. She was unable to void or to have a bowel movement.

The nurse tried to catheterize Estelle to relieve the urine building up in her bladder but she was leaking all over the bed. Estelle recommended a different type of catheter and requested a urology consult, but that help never came. Instead, Estelle was given discharge papers she says.

Estelle knows the procedure. When you leave, you sign the discharge papers from any hospital, that is how they bill for their services. No one required her to sign but she knew she needed to urinate.

Prolene mesh

Prolene mesh

Fourth Hospital Visit-

Because they had shown some compassion, Estelle says the next day she went back to the original hospital where she had received great care just days before.  The doctor “walked in and said ‘I have five minutes for you.’” Estelle recalls. She said the last catheter failed and she needed urine to come out. She asked for a gastrointestinal consult and urology consult.

The doctor said those are not Estelle’s rights but that that he would call urology.

Two hours later the doctor came back into the room and said that Estelle should call urology on Monday and that she did not need a catheter today. Estelle tried to explain to the doctor that she had a fever, could not urinate and that the doctor had not even examined her – she needed help. The doctor simply discharged her instead.

Upon being told she was being discharged instead of receiving the help Estelle needed, chaos erupted. Little Audrey was on her plastic phone, calling God, “Please help my mommy.” Estelle says her husband was on the floor overcome with grief, even her lawyer tried to help unsuccessfully.

Estelle was panicking. She had a fever, could not void (urinate) and was afraid her bladder would rupture. Her body was covered in black puss pockets and she was swollen – looking like she was seven months pregnant.

The doctor did not seem to care. Estelle was asked if she had an appointment at UCLA in two weeks. “That’s the first time my husband got it in his head they didn’t care if I died,” Estelle said.

Estelle and her family eventually left this hospital too, her husband carrying her. Estelle says two nurses were crying and no one asked for her paperwork. “They just stood there and watched me walk out of there. They knew I was going to die,” Estelle recalls. The nurses told Estelle to try to get help somewhere else.

Estelle knew she had run out of options and decided to get on a plane to Los Angeles the next morning.

In the meantime, Estelle went home for the night. It was an act of kindness that kept her alive that night. She received much needed medical care of antibiotics and an IV. She says it saved her life. Ironically, she notes, that medical savior would his or her their job for that help, while the doctor who turned her away to die still has his.

IN CALIFORNIA Dr. kim ucla

By 5am Estelle and her sister were on a place to Los Angeles. In the tiny bathroom plane, her sister catheterized her. Some urine came out and Estelle says the puss pockets began improving. She arrived at UCLA for a much needed consult with Dr. Ja-Hong Kim at the Department of Urology.

For the next month, doctors would work to stabilize her infections, look for mesh with a translabial ultrasound and with a cystoscopy which looks inside the bladder and the urethra. Her June 10 surgery had to be postponed due to the infections. Her daughters had flown to California to be with her. She’s spent about $12,000 on airplane tickets alone.

Estelle talks about her meeting with Dr. Kim. “My head was down. She said what did you do Estelle that was wrong? I said I don’t know. I guess because I spoke out in New Jersey and on television so my life got worse.”

Estelle remembers that Dr. Kim told Estelle she was a brave woman who Dr. Kim respected. Dr. Kim also said she was ashamed to be a doctor in the same category as those who treated her in her home town.

Surgery is scheduled for July 7, to help remove mesh, take fascia from her own body and create a biologically compatible sling to put under her bladder. More surgery will be needed to reconstruct her pelvic floor and vaginal wall. Dr. Kim is unsure if all of the mesh could ever be removed.

Estelle says, “I realized when my dog broke his leg, he got better care than I did. We rushed him to the hospital. He had the best orthopedic surgeon.”

She worries about the other women she’s since heard from who received the same treatment in their hometowns. Did they have media connections, an outspoken lawyer, and a medical background to demand their rights? What about the women who simply follow the doctor’s instructions, leaving the woman to get worse?

What has happened to them? #

Learn More:

WTAE Television Interview featuring Tasz

Huffington Post Interview, April 2014, 10 min in or so here:

Estelle Tasz v. Ethicon Estelle Tasz complaint

1. kristine says:

I’m so terribly afraid of this happening to me. I know what the mesh flu feels like. I have also had sores on my body and major rashes. I feel like I’m in labor all the time. God bless you Estelle.

• Estelle Tasz says:

Thank you!!! Prayers to you also.

• kristine says:

I ended up in the ER on the 27 of July with bad pelvic pain and trouble bleeding it felt like razors are cutting through my buttocks. If I push in the area where they put the hooks through by my groin on the left I feel the pain sharp stabbing all the way back to my butt. The emergency room said I was having an allergic reaction. To what? Im not stupid I know its the mesh . They injected me with steroids, epinephrine, benadryl. I was still having trouble when I went home. Two days later I ended up in the ER with a fever and dry heaves and violent chills. I was admitted for an infection and was told they would tackle my infection with Rochephin and flagyl . I was in the hospital four days with no relief. Three different pain killers and felt like blisters were popping under my skin. I was released and told by my Gyn that he will not do surgery on me that its to complicated. I’m currently seeing doctors at arrowhead I saw them before my hospitalization the surgeon said your insurance requires pelvic floor therapy before removal I have been waiting since march for that therapy. The doctor can’t find a place to do the pelvic floor therapy. They keep submitting to places that don’t do it. I’m suffering in bed in pain afraid I will die. I am going to my primary doctor tomorrow to demand that he speak with me and I’m demanding to see a surgeon who can go in and look at what’s wrong. If that surgeon can’t fix me then close me up and send me to one who can asap. I’m going to report to the department of managed health care as well. I’m scared.

• Karen says:

I so understand what you are going thru. Your story filled me with more anger than I already have. I have gone thru everything except all of the surgeries. I had 1st one when they put mesh in, 2 more to what the doctor called “tweak” it, and then 12 weeks ago finally some of the mesh removed. We looked all over Texas for someone to help me, finally found a OB/GYN right here in our hometown that said he would help me. I have been put on hoe health services because I can no longer function. The depression has kicked in, and my 35 yr marriage is all but gone as there is no intimacy anymore. This has also affected my husband. I wish you luck. Will be thinking of you.

2. stopmeshimplants says:

Estelle, You are a true hero for speaking out about your experience and this awful mesh. I am praying for your upcoming surgery and complete recovery. You have one of the best surgeons with Dr. Kim at UCLA. Take care.

3. Aaron Leigh says:

Wow. I still can’t believe this and what this woman and family have been through. Who could turn away a mother to die at home? I just can’t understand that.

4. Michelle says:

This is insane! How is this possible!!!!

Estelle you are in many prayers and good hands now. Please get better and SUE THE CRAP OUT OF THOSE MONSTERS!!!!

5. msm says:

Each one who turned her away should have their license revoked. That is criminal. How can a medical board of any kind turn a blind eye to this behavior.

It absolutely would have been different had it been a man with the same symptoms. Infuriates me!

• Karen says:

I have been turned away with response by doctors, “there is nothing we can do” for the last 3-4 yrs. Heartbreaking!!!

6. Terri says:

While my story wasnt nearly as bad i can understand just how horrid we can be treated. My mesh ruptured though the vaginal wall with a large abscess of blood & fluid (hysterectomy prior to mesh) I had a fever, high wbc & was told after being examined I was told it looks like vaginal warts (imagine the looks my husband & I gave each other) i was discharged with nothing but a referral to a GYN. A week later after finally seeing my GYN I was sent upstairs to my implanting surgeon because the mesh was exposed & infected. I hope others don’t go through this..

• Karen says:

There are so many of us who are going thru this. I finally found a GYN in our hometown after looking all over TEXAS for one to help me only to be told there was nothing they could do. He said all of this is the very reason he did not want anything to do with this stuff when it came out. I was the 1st one he had ever helped. We have a long way to go but he is a Godsend.

7. Kitty says:

The Doctors’ are becoming very guarded against us when we ask questions or speak out and question them.. They are in a large AUGS cult. Estelle is so young and I hope Dr Raz helps her. I was treated like a very old demented woman at the Doctor’s officer yesterday because I dared to mention Dr Margolis and his thoughts on synthetic mesh. I am 69 and received the implant in 2002. I am considered an old Nag to be put out to pasture-

8. Mary pat says:

I want to see a “bad doctor list”. Every doctor who mistreats mesh patients gets his/her name on t he list. Could we start one? What they did to Estelle is criminal. They need to be reported to their medical boards. Outrageous!

• pam says:

Mary, I also said that awhile back, I AGREE, NAMING DOCTORS,, and allowed to tell exactly what happened in offices, and on phones. I have read my records, and they do not tell exactly what happened , Estelle is not like me at all, I KNOW , when someone is being cruel on purpose to me. it seems they try to push your buttons to get you started. I HAVE GONE THROUGH so much, that , my anger is at the world, I cannot help it. I HAVE GOT RED FLAGS UP ON ME, , 4 i believe is the last count ,trust is so hard now. I JUST CAN’T TAKE WHAT THEY DISH OUT, WHEN THEY KNOW YOU HAVE MESH, BEFORE THEY EVEN MEET YOU, THEY COME IN THE ROOM WITH AN ATTITUDE. SO WE ARE NOT GETTING GOOD HEALTH CARE ,WITH MESH.

I READ SOMEWHERE , where someone with a chemical company I THINK, THEY SAID AFTER COURTS WATCH THEM GET BETTER. WHAT IN HELL CAN WE DO , WOMEN DAMAGED BY MESH, WILL NEVER GET BACK TO ANYTHING CLOSE TO WHAT THEY WERE BEFORE MESH, THOSE THAT MESH CANNOT BE REMOVED LIKE MINE, WILL DIE FIGHTING INFECTIONS AND PAIN FOR SURE.

I would love to get to a doctor against mesh, , to see what they say, my hope is gone. I DO NOT KNOW HOW WOMEN YOUNGER WITH KIDS ARE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR HOME AND KIDS, FORGET HUSBANDS, the last exam, that doctor had me coming off the table, IT WAS SO PAINFUL, AND BEFORE THAT DOCTOR ALSO.

MARY, how can any doctor that their name gets on mesh list of damaged women , that most definitely need to be exposed , say anything to truth being told. We can put men on the moon, but america cannot come out with a no fail lie detector. I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE ONE, i bet the ones that knew what it would do to humans , damaged for life , would not take one. if there were truth and justice in america today.Some need to lose their license, and not be allowed to go around a dog calling their self, medical doctors, The mesh does not work, leakage is worse than it was before mesh implant, much worse.

• Kitty says:

I think It must be done–but how can we do this without being sued for defamation of character?

• msm says:

It might take someone on the inside like a nurse or PA who would have protection through the Whistleblower Protection Program. Otherwise, it becomes a battle of who can hire the most powerful attorney. Docs usually have an institution and their legal deptartment behind them.

• Kris says:

Pam, I would highly recommend calling Dr. Margolis in the San Jose, CA area at least for a phone consultation. He has spoken out against mesh from Day 1 & is very well known in the medical industry for his opinions on the subject. In fact, he wrote an article titled “Getting the Mesh Out,” http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/featured-articles/pelvic-surgeon-dr-m-tom-margolis-on-getting-the-mesh-out/. He spent 2 1/2 hrs meticulously picking mesh out of me bcuz not 1 local doc would touch me (liability issues or didn’t know how to remove it, I would guess.) All my mesh was removed in 1 surgery. He went to extreme measures to make sure he knew where every piece of mesh was, & took the time to ensure it was all out before he closed me up. My mesh had been cut in half, w/out my knowledge, & while half was heading all over the place, the other half was hanging out of me (which my husband found, Ouch!) & had cut thru the nerves in my right leg. I was bedridden for over 2 years as several different docs said things like, you have MS, you have Lupus, it’s all in your head, & my favorite… It’s anatomically impossible for you to be in that much pain over mesh! Needless to say, I wanted those male docs to have sharp knives placed in their “dedicate areas” for a yr or more, & ask them how they felt! Dr. Margolis was so compassionate, understanding & communicated w/me, as well as educated me on what was happening to my body. The most awesome thing he did was sent my mesh to a lab after removal & it came back showing Giant Cell Reaction, meaning my body was rejecting the mesh the moment it was put in… which would explain the labor pains I felt immediately after the mesh was put in. The doc who put it in was unconcerned & said it would stabilize. To this day, I’m still in pain & have to urinate standing up & bent over. However, the pain I have now is nowhere near the pain I was in before the mesh was removed. I’m just now starting to get on my feet. It’s been a long road to recovery, but I have some peace of mind knowing I’m not 1 off those patients who will need several additional surgeries to remove all their mesh, bcuz Dr. Margolis took the time to find all the mesh beforehand.

9. the way women are bullied by the medical profession needs to be addressed….. those doctors who turned Estelle away need to have their names posted on a wall of shame by their medical boards !! and they should be prosecuted !! May God , Karma …and justice prevail for Estelle!

• jane akre says:

Noni-

What’s interesting is that the nurses here didn’t speak up and override the doctors. Increasingly, I’m hearing that hospitals are encouraging nurses to challenge doctors if they do not feel the advice is in the patient’s best interest. I saw it in action first hand in the ICU at Henry Ford Hospital in downtown Detroit. A doctor told a nurse a patient could come off the ventilator. She said “Doctor, are you sure?”

He said “Yes.”

She said, “Doctor can I speak to you outside.”

They came back in.

The patient stayed on the ventilator!! Yeah Nurse!!

Nurses! Speak Up!!!!!! Seek that authority within your medical facility. You know it’s right.! You know you know the patient, oftentimes, better than the doctor does.

Nurses out there, have you been given that authority?

• Kitty says:

Jane–I have always questioned an MD when I knew something was not appropriate for a patient.–This is in the “Nurse Practice ACT.” Believe me–some of these Drs that are implanting mesh and most likely are being supported by very very big bucks—A nurse that would question some of these Drs would put their career in jeopardy. I believe–we nurses that are retired or consulting part time would be the best ones to speak out. We have to get together.—somehow..

• another meshed-up nurse says:

Jane, I ALWAYS advocated for my patients, especially when I could see possible harm to them by either something done or not done for them. Those ER nurses, instead of crying, needed to empower themselves to speak out, AND to notify The Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and the Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) or its equivalent in PA! NO excuses for them to not have done this! As Kitty said, it’s in the Nurse Practice Act. At the very least, a nurse needs to do what is morally and ethically the correct thing to do- otherwise the nurse (imho) is complicit in contributing to poor patient care and safety- they KNEW it was WRONG for Estelle to be “discharged” or they would not have been crying….

You are so right Meshed-up nurse!!!! Nurses- do your job and advocate for patients! You have more power than you know. Do not let another mesh injured women be turned away to die!

10. Cindy says:

Estelle,

All my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family, such a devestating story and journey you have been on. You are in excellant hands with Dr. kim and the team at Ucla..my Dr is Raz (7) and your upcoming surgery on Monday will give you some peace of mind if you havent already felt it that they care there and will never turn you away, EVER. Godspeed to your recovery and please keep us posted as you have touched so many of us.

11. Kris says:

For mesh patients looking for an experienced surgeon who has been against mesh from Day 1, read the following articles. Besides doing my surgery, I personally know 1 other person who used him w/great success. I researched many surgeons before choosing Dr. Margolis, & here is why I chose him: He took the time to speak w/me for over an hour during our phone consultation, realized the urgency & had me fly to San Jose the following week (I had to bring my husband & 2 small children), & bcuz his schedule was full, he made arrangements to schedule my surgery on a Saturday! The following articles are what prompted me to call his office in the 1st place:

(1) Surgeon Doing What is Right Through Adversity

(2) Dr. Margolis’ FDA Presentation (referred to in the above article)

(3) Pelvic Surgeon/Urogynecologist Spoke Out Against TVT Since its Inception

(4) Pelvic Surgeon Dr. M. Tom Margolis on “Getting the Mesh Out”

I’m sure if you googled his name and mesh you could find a ton more articles. These are just the ones that convinced me I had the right surgeon for my particular situation.

12. Estelle Tasz says:

Thank you everyone, I’m doing much better I’ve had 1 out of about 3 or 4 surgeries that are needed, when I came home that night I thought my god how did I get here and can mike raise Audrey and will my kids ever recover as I looked at my families faces I realized I can’t leave , for 10 years I’ve been treated inhumane and lied to time and time again …we are mesh injured , we are moms if 4 beautiful girls that need their mom how dare we be treated like drug seeking money hungry crazy women. Thank you all so much I pray I can be part of the change we need!

• Kitty says:

Estelle–God Speed. Thank you for your words of wisdom.—–Someone wil have to get a Jane Akre Scrap Book and she can sell the book.

13. Liz Lauren says:

Estelle its really sad to know that you had bad times and great to know that you are doing better. Thank for sharing all that you been through wishing you good luck to recover soon

14. Kitty says:

I guess my thought was I self Cath myself for urine retention. why was she not taught this?

Kitty- the story states the mesh was blocking the urethra. As a nurse our story subject understand self cathing. I’m not sure I understand your comment…..

• Kitty says:

Hi Jane I guess I would question readbetween thelines comment “The story doesn’t add up.” My comment that I was getting paranoid was more or less an apology to Estelle for not reading the entire story. What happened to the comment?

15. Estelle Tasz says:

I will try 2005 implant between 2006-2008 several bladder stone removals by dr satbar singh 2009 surgery by dr sagen of Magee hospital , 2011 another surgery Magee , 2013 started getting sick had another cystoscopy where more mesh found , 2014 made appt w dr Kim for May 29 started getting infection around May 9 th was turned away from er’s went to ucla where dr Kim performed mesh removal June 10th between June 13th and present continuing infections 3 of which were bacterial also pain returned so I pursued second opinion, I will not be having anymore surgeries at ucla the distance is to far especially when I get infections , do you need more? Just lmk

16. Malinda Hamilton says:

I’m sorry, but I can’t just read this & stay quite.. Estelle, you don’t have to explain yourself. I speak for myself – when I was so sick & over taken with pain, one test after another, another Dr saying it’s not the mesh & so on. If ask when, where & why – my dates may not match. Some days I may not been able to give you the current date / yr or time. There were days I’m not even sure how I made thru any given day. So, you keep telling your story & it will help some one see they aren’t alone in this battle & they to should keep fighting . As, I read your story, I could care less when or what – you are a sister with mesh – in pain & is striving to survive & have her life back. You keep fighting, hoping & praying. God will lead you where your next plan of action is to be. Thru my searching & need to survive – I did find an awesome doctor. Dr. Veronikis in St. Louis, Mo. is a blessing to all he has helped. Highly educated on mesh removal . He has made it his mission to help & educate women. I have never met a Dr. with such compassion as he has. His whole team even including the team @ Mercy Hospital are just amazing. I’m over excited to say I’m blessed & a survivor of mesh as of Oct.2013. My prayer is for all still suffering to never give up, keep hoping & keep praying. Don’t worry over dates & times – the mesh issues speak loud enough. And please if anyone is looking for a Dr. – Give Dr. Veronikis & his team a chance. God has truly blessed him to bless us. : )

• Estelle Tasz says:

Thank you Melinda I wish the mesh injured would remember what mesh injured is and your right I’m sure there is a mistake or wrong day but the big MORAL of the story is I need another surgery and I was gonna wait for my attorney to read my update but yes Dr. V is going to remove the mesh very soon. I met this man that I was warned about often even was sent private pt information and messages between the pt and this person telling them this dr hurts patients. My point he’s none of the things I was told. He is KIND, SMART, UNIQUE, EMPATHETIC , SKILLED, just to name a few things by observation but his staff was truly the best too, Brittany was kind and no problems making an appointment she was very nice made me feel better!!! I don’t know what’s going on in this world where hurting people who are sick is ok or posting things that were private and said with trust it amazes me that they don’t see and remember all the things I could post but I won’t , I’m gonna focus on getting better then all this mesh maze after. The doctors I guess will keep lying until we say enough so I’m saying to the doctors and others ENOUGH worry about your own health and stop because stories are never one sided and messages were not one sided . I have a voice and an attorney I will do things the right way but not until the mesh is TRULY REMOVED!!!!!xoxo Melinda stay well!!!

• Kitty says:

Estelle you do not need to apologize or verify his dates and times of your medical care. It’s best to be a bit paranoid–perhaps Linda K is not Linda K but in informant from one of the big Pharma’s

• Estelle Tasz says:

Ya I’ve heard that but I don’t think pharma companies would allow the things that are being done but then again nothing would surprise me, thank you kitty !!!

17. Malinda Hamilton says:

Point well made. I’m learning even with mesh – people get a fix on causing more pain & that’s sad. We’re all victims that been hurt & continue being lied to. We need to support one another. Not knocking a sister down farther. I can try & help anyone with what info I have, but it’s up to each one what they do with it. If we pulled together on what we have learned – look at the time we could of saved searching as one. But, bashing Dr. Veronikis is just rude & cold. But, even Dr. Veronikis work speaks for itself…. I have to say : I had never met a Dr with such compassion, wisdom, knowledge & skills as Dr.Veronikis. His whole team is amazing, helpful & caring. We need more like him in all areas of the medical field. I was excited to read you will be having your surgery with him. Your in the best hands & I can’t wait to hear as you go thru recovering – how much better & stronger your getting. I’m working on getting healthier each day. One day at a time. And a person has to get to that point of ENOUGH. You stay strong & keep me up dated… Blessings to you

18. Sandy says:

I am so sadden by a few post here. Estelle is right we are sisters in pain. We have been humiliated, we have been hurt, we have been cut into and told to go home and see a counselor suggesting we are mental. We have had to fight medical products companies and attorneys. Some have lost everything from husbands to homes. Why are we drilling each other to details? Yes I know the are some who see the mesh issue as just a way to make some money off the medical companies. Unfortunately there are people like that. But ususally they are very private and don’t like to post their problems because it is easier for them to be found our. I believe Estelle could never ever be one of those. I choose to believe in the honesty here from all. Perhaps I am a fool but I’d rather be that than to think that people are not honest out here. I alsoI believe it is not our place to judge and tear down each other. Sooner or later if and I say if some one would lie they will be found out. Estelle, I believe you have been thru hell and you still trying to regain your life back. I have met a few really wonderful people because of this web site. This site has been a life savior for me. I plan on sending Jane money once my income starts back up in October. I believe in her and love her for what she tries to do. Jane, I see Dr. Hibner next week and I still plan to see if he will get a hold of you and shed some light on the damage mesh does to the pudendal nerve.

All in all ladies we must continue to support each other with love and compassion. We must remember that many of us are on pain meds which really mess up your thoughts. Some days I can’t tell you what day it is. Just two weeks ago I lost a whole week. I thought it was a week later than what it was. If you asked me now to give you each detail of the last 3 years of the hell I have been thru I could not do it. My mine is just not clear any more. Perhaps if I stopped the morphine for a week I could clear my mind but then the pain would be so bad I could not think straight anyways. Yes pain will make things confusing too. So please, please if you have something you want to confront someone on get a hold of Jane first. She has all our emails. But perhaps your time would better spent trying to heal your own situation rather than question someone else. Perhaps all the details are not being shared because one does not want to share every last detail. I was advised to be careful what I say because yes the medical product companies are watching, reading and noting things that are said. I will not let them use some comment to hurt me further. But even more so I will not let anyone use things posted to hurt me or anyone out here. We have had to explain things as I said to doctors, PT, attorneys, friends, family, social security and the list goes on. I have read about a doctor who said there are to many of us ready to commit suicicde because of the hell the mesh has put us thru. He understands the confusion we have in our brains now due to pain and stress. We need love and support not some saying our story does not add up. Please, every one enough negitvity. There is power in positive feed bad. We all must stay focused and have faith that we will get thru this and we will win in the end. This is not an easy thing to have to live thru. I lost so much already but thanks to Jane and this mesh site I still have faith things will be ok. I care about you all and I wish and pray that some day we will all be pain free. But until then love one another, have compassion for one another, support one another. If cant do that, my personal opinion is that maybe this web site is not for you. This is Jane’s web site and I can’t tell you not to post out here, but for those of us who need to believe that some day the sun will shine again on us and there will be no more pain please do not cause any more heart arch and despair. The medical companies will give us enough despair before this is all over. We can not tear each other down. God love you all my sisters in pain. Stay strong and believe and keep your faith strong. God really is watching and he knows.

• Estelle Tasz says:

Thank you sandy I think you are right but I think deflecting attention away from ones own agenda is a big red flag that you are not an advocate nor a trustworthy person. I have said from day 1 I want help for all the women/men but especially the voices who are now not as loud or even silent. We all deserve good days and the truth. When you begin to distort the truth and make it a campaign of tearing women apart you are no longer apart of the coalition of women who get up everyday hoping for a better day. I have hope that thru jane and the rest of the women/men who speak for others who even if they are going thru their own hell still fight to be a voice for all of us. I will not be silent in my war against mesh but I will never downgrade or tear a woman apart on a blog because that goes against the very thing I’m fighting

19. Unfortunately this is becoming more common than it should. Not only is the E.R. declining TVM Patients but so are doctors! We’ve had patients come to us with the same problems, but we have solutions to this problem.

We’ve arranged flights and appointments for our TVM patients so they can see a doctor who will treat them with the respect they deserve. Not only do we find them qualified doctors but we also supply them with our expert network of attorney’s to get them a piece of the transvaginal mesh settlement. Besides that, we’ve turned the lights back on for people under financial stress while awaiting their settlement.

If they don’t win their case, there’s no need to pay us back.

Visit our website http://www.transvaginalmeshsettlement.com and fill out our contact us form for your free consultation!

or give us a call and talk with a paralegal today! – (415)549-0479

Who are these doctors they are referring you to? Are they considered experts who have explanted many meshes? Are they from industry therefore supporters of mesh? Might they put in more mesh? What is a legal loan and what is the interest rate? Does it vary? What is the absolute most I could be saddled with? Do you limit how much you loan? Can the loan be dismissed under any circumstances such as bankruptcy? Why do you want to loan to me? Some questions you may ask…..the doctor is especially important. while everyone can put this in, so few can do successful removals… and if are going that route you want to have a full removal, not a series of partials.

20. Sandy says:

I am still fighting for us all. If I am more quiet it now it is because of the advice of mt attorney and his concerns who is might be reading all of these posts. I am a support of Jane and as soon as I can will be sending her money. The last 8 months of no income because I can not work any more has been hell. Jane has my email and phone numbers and I would be more than happy to talk to anyone Monday I fly to Phoenix to see if I can finally be free of pain I pray so! Otherwise if this is my life I don’t know what to do. I will say this again, this is suppose to be the greatest country in the world, yet we treat our women like experimental rats! What a shame in the 20 th century. I am sure like others I am tired. I am worn out and some days it is just a struggle to get thru the day! I think those who are out here and have thie own agendas and who maybe are not really hurt will be found out. Liars always are! But I always thought this web site was a safe place to come and get support. To maybe find some hope. To at least find out what is happening in the courts and get some feed back. It is sad that now it kind of feels hostile out here. I will always support Jane and pray for her because she is a special lady for all she does. I will alway pray for the friends I have met out here and all the women who have been hurt and who have gone thru hell.

21. Sandy says:

Has anyone thought of trying to contact Lisa Ling? She seems to not be afraid of exposing people and companies or terrible situations. I just wish we all could get together and go to Washington and demand to see congress! I know this is an absurd wish but it is my dream to help all women finally have a voice that is heard finally!!!!!

22. Sandy says:

Monday aug 6 I just pray Dr. Hibner can confirm what I already know has happened to me! Please pray for me sweet heart. Once I can walk I plan on keeping the fight going!!!!!

23. Karen says:

Reading thru these comments make me more angry than I already am. It’s sad that women have to be treated like this. I understand what so many are feeling. I try to not voice anything also for fear of who may be reading. If I ever let go I will not stop. My life has totally changed, not for the better. I have been torn down, mentally and physically. Depression is now a huge factor because of all of this. I used to be somebody! Now I can’t even hold my youngest granddaughter on my lap! I can’t walk w/o a cane or my walker because of all the damage done. Everyone of you will always be in my heart and thoughts.