Peace on Earth and Health to All this Holiday Season !!!

polar bears

Polar Bears World Wildlife Fund

We can wish can’t we?  First of all, it is an honor to have so many  readers gather on Mesh News Desk, and to get to know many of you AND to see you connecting with each other to offer support and love.  I feel honored by your appreciation…. but I see this as a site for stories, answers and hopefully progress in helping bring an end to this horrendous chapter in women’s health.

It’s an honor to write these stories and pursue answers.  I wish this holiday season to have a magic wand and make your pain disappear…. May you all find some peace and resolution to the difficulties you face.   Let’s hope that the veil of secrecy lifts and those in the position to help the injured do so  – Finally!   As long as we are wishing, how about the Precautionary Principle being applied to the manufacture of all medical devices, err on the side of caution and of the patient when it comes to the manufacture of a device, especially one that is permanently implanted!

That is just common sense, which as it turns out, is not so common after all.

I’ve enjoyed meeting many of you, on the phone and in person and I am in awe of your grace under pressure.

May 2016 bring you some answers, you all deserve it!

With respect and love and admiration,

Jane Akre

Editor Mesh News Desk

1. Cindy patten says:

Thank you Jane. Merry Christmas. You are our angel.

Cindy Patten

2. Mindy says:

Merry Christmas to you, Jane. Have a very wonderful New Year. Thank you, for all you have done and continue to do. God Bess

3. mary says:

Jane i think you so much for letting us know what is going on wont to wish you a very merry Christmas and a great new year the information is great as we dont get it from our lawyers you are great mary

4. Debbie Edwards says:

Merry Christmas Jane. Thank you for the amazing Christmas wishes. I pray for all of us , and in my heart this is going to end soon. 2016 is going to be a big year for us!!!!!

Thank you again for all you do, and may you have a wonderful Christmas and New Yorks……..

5. Linda h says:

Thank you Jane for all you do to bring awareness and disclosure to many of us waiting for help and answers to why. Merry Christmas to you and all your readers!

6. anna says:

Wishing you, and your family a Merry Christmas.

7. kitty says:

Merry Christmas Jane. — and to all a good night.

8. jennifer says:

Got a letter today from my attorney stating that j&j has settled 200 cases and since I haven’t had a removal surgery I might not qualify anymore. Two surgeries and can’t afford to have third to have this crap out of me. By the way the second surgery was for that but the doctor put another in me saying that fixed me. RIGHT tired of hurting and peeing all over myself. Feeling the mesh in my vagina and I could go on but won’t. Who is to decide what tier I belong in. They don’t know! I seen my doctors report from the second surgery and it don’t say anything close to what he told my husband. Lairs

You bring up a good point… check out your doctor’s narrative about what happened, in fact, write your own and put it in your medical file. Sometimes what you said during the visit does NOT appear in your report. This is very important to check and make sure its accurate…

• Still Standing says:

Jane, correcting your medical record is important but can be rather difficult with electronic medcal records and especially if the physician is having to prepare notes for a lawsuit. Bizarre, isnt it? But, here is a link to a comprehensive explanation of medical records, how to get them, and how to change them..it takes some effort, but this site gives a pretty detailed explanation of the process. I firmly believe that every person should stay updated on information in their medical record and challenge inaccurate or omitted statements. Here is the link: https://cdt.org/insight/getting-your-medical-records/

• kitty says:

JENNIFER. I think the whole transvaginal approach HAs Got to STOP asap. Maybe you should go after the Dr that did this. CUTTING INTO THIS HIGHLY VASCULAR AREA SHOULD BE RESERVED THE MOST CRITICAL LIFE AND DEATH cases ONLY.

• jennifer says:

I refused to pay him for the damage he caused and he took me to court had no choice to pay him. I am not having another surgery just for more money plus I can’t afford it. Still paying bills from 2011. Even with another surgery there is no guarantee it will fix the mess down there. My attorney is out of Dallas. I quit thinking there is going to be a settlement. I GIVE UP. They can have their money. Hope one of there wives have the surgery and it ruins their sex life and not able to do anything. Very angry person right now.

• Debbie E says:

Hi Jennifer, I am with you on how they judge the tier.?. I have asked me lawyers that and I still have no answer, I am told it is the amount of surgery etc. But never a true answer. May I ask who is your lawyers? And when did you get the information about j&j???? I am sure there are a lot of us that have J&J in us, and it would be nice too know. Happy New Years to you, and may 2016 be filled with closer for all of us. God bless

• Still Standing says:

Jennifer, please request your surgical records for your second surgery. There has to be an informed consent there.. It is required to be in place before surgery begns. Most hospitals have you actually write in your own words what you understand to be taking place on the consent form that you sign and it has to be witnessed. If your doctor did not inform you that it was possible he would put another mesh in place, you were certainly not properly informed and you have the right to legal action against your physician unless the statute of limitations has run out. However, if you just find out that your doctor did not inform you properly, then your attorney could argue that the time started when you became aware. By the way, was your surgery transvaginal or abdominal for POP or was it for SIU? Please, please dont give up. I hear your despair. Been there. I have had 8’surgeres over seven years and still many pain filled days, but then I spend new years eve with my six year old granddaughter making confetti, playing games and blowing horns at midnight. We camped out on the sofa and I just watched this beautiful child sleep, paper confetti everywhere and even though my pain was high, this amazing joy in her presence makes it worth it to keep on..she is my life line and I am grateful. We all need a lifeline when we want to give up. i pray that you have that.

Now, as far as the tiers, from what I can figure out, the tiers vary widely depending on the company and the law firm. it doesnt seem that all the litigants against one corporation get the same tier designation. It is what your attorney negotiates in their settlement talks with the company. Doesnt seem quite fair at all, but some settlements give money to product in place with no symptoms, a product in place with medical management, one surgery, two surgeries and more than two,surgeries. Some pay out higher for transvaginal POP than for SUI. Again, it depends on the corporation and the individual law firm’s abilty to negotiate the settlement. It appears that your firm has desided not to include product in place, more than likely because j&j would not pay out enough for that to justify their continued time on your case. They still have considerable client cost after settlement agreements are reached as they have to have a team to manage the lien searches, payouts, etc. However,if this is true, they should tell you that up front, instead of just sending the BS letter you received. Please contact them and ask for a full explanation and of course provide them with your second surgery consent form if it says that the purpose of the surgery was to remove the mesh. That could change things.

Im sorry this is such a long post, but I hope the information is helpful. Hang in there.

9. Sheila says:

Thank you Jane.

You are my go-to gal for current, accurate information about transvaginal mesh. Thank you for your tireless pursuit of truth and justice. May your life be filled with abundant blessings.

10. Tammy (KY) says:

Merry Christmas Jane, I’ve been reading your site for around 4 years. Thank you for all your hard work and honesty. God bless you and your family. Can’t wait to meet you in April. Happy New Year….

11. Tammy (KY) says:

Merry Christmas Mesh Sisters….God bless you ALL

12. Sandra Vangilder says:

I look daily for news from you. We are blessed to have you giving updates. I know you will give us what is going on in the court . I try to be patient but the pain and sadness those companies have brought havoc in our lives. There is no way or amount of money can bring back what we have lost. But it is time for Boston Scientific to step up to the plate and accept what they have done. But thank you for keeping us informed on what is going on. I wish you a wonderful holiday and a happy 2016.

13. Mary Pat says:

Jane, thank you for ALL that you do. There are no words to express the gratitude that I have for your unrelenting, tireless, sacrificial work that you do! May God bless you richly, this Christmas and in the New Year!

14. Jan says:

Jane, By providing this site for woman to read and learn from, you have given more than you could ever imagine. I can’t imagine having all the mesh issues over the years and feeling alone as though I were the only one with the problems. Our mental health is better because of you. Our friends and family don’t understand what we’ve gone through, how could they unless they’ve actually walked in our shoes. Our commonalities, regarding the mesh can only be seen here on your site as doctors won’t admit and don’t want to discuss all the issues we are having. None of us really know what our future holds when it comes to our health because of what the mesh has done to us. But at least, we know we’re not imagining our symptoms and we’re not crazy. Thank you, Jane, from the bottom of my heart and may the New Year bring you joy and happiness!

Jan, thank you so much. Your words mean the world to me. I can only imagine how you all must feel, I can hear it in your words… I’m upset how women can be so disregarded. I’m afraid it speaks volumes about how we really view women in this world… I hope i’m wrong.

15. Payton says:

Happy holidays to you and yours. Thank you for all you do to keep us informed.

16. Barb says:

Happy New Year Jane!!! I’m so glad to have you give us such updated material and cases!! You are here to support, give your opinion and truly believe we mesh men and woman that has been on this journey for years~You are exposing many things that are for the public to be aware of but we also have done much research on our own! We/many would have given up if not for all the love support and understanding of everyone on this site! When someone is ready to through in the towel, feel why we exist any longer we get the out pouring support from one another!! Let’s all remember information is coming out in court, reports and different websites these manufacturer’s will be more exposed and all things will be for the whole world to see what and how these products has caused such sever injuries. Love you all—