Your Turn: After the Ethicon decision

This woman who will go unnamed has written her thoughts about the Charleston decision regarding the TVT implant and the judge’s decision to cut short a jury decision and to make the decision on his own.   She admits she was frustrated and it was 3 am but she felt better afterward.  As the only reporter who sat in the courtroom all week, I’m sorry that this case ended this way and sitting in that courtroom had great faith that the jury might have rendered a decision in the plaintiff’s favor. Sadly they never got  to issue their feelings.  Here are her words:

Anonymous woman, WikiCommons

Anonymous woman, WikiCommons

Hello all,
        I have written to the FDA several times. I have filled out the 3500 form. The MAUDE database is a joke. I have been severely injured by a Boston Scientific Obtryx. This is a sling for stress urinary incontinence. My incontinence is much worse following the surgery and I’ve had so many painful complications, surgeries, botox shots, etc. I have watched the news (and lack of news) for any indication of follow through on the part of the FDA. It isn’t happening. The FDA put out a requirement that the pharmaceuticals do a 3 year follow-up study on their transvaginal mesh products and gave them a deadline date. They haven’t done the studies, and in some cases just pulled the product off the market with no consequences.

My life and the lives of so many others have been destroyed and we are being ignored by our own government officials. I tried to write to the congressmen who oversee the FDA. I do not live in the right state to get their attention, all of them refused to hear from me (I am not their constituent). The fact that the FDA decided not to investigate the SUI mesh is confusing and alarming. The product that was implanted in me was cleared based on a “predicate” device that was recalled for excessive harm. I had a Dr. who did a partial removal tell me “I don’t consider the FDA a reliable source and I do not report any complications to them.” Apparently in the US most Dr.’s do not report any revision surgeries or complications from these products. Even after the FDA put out a letter asking for complications to be reported.
      I tried to look up complications that have been reported on the Boston Scientific Obtryx in the MAUDE database and got hundreds of pages of identical reports with no details. The fact that the media is ignoring the largest MDL in the history of the United States covering several state courts is mind boggling. Why are these companies not being investigated for criminal negligence, for causing bodily harm and even death to so many? Why are these products still being sold and implanted every day? Dr. Raz’s nurse (UCLA, CA. Dr. Raz is a leader in mesh removals and complications) told me that the wait is so long for surgery (hopefully to remedy 9 pain on a daily basis) because they are still implanting this every day and they are seeing new complications daily-the list is growing for those of us who are losing our lives to this “minimally invasive” product.

I do not think it is going too far to say that you are clearing products that are actually allowing United States Citizens to be tortured on a daily basis. In my case water boarding would be more acceptable.

I have continual genital pain, pelvic pain and spasms. I have to take about 25 drugs on a daily basis just to get through each day. All this because I leaked urine when I coughed or sneezed. Please DO SOMETHING! STOP the senseless maiming of US citizens. We are not just numbers on a piece of paper. There is a big difference between claiming that a “minimally invasive” product is even 94% effective for curing incontinence than claiming that it causes severe harm, mutilation and even death when it goes wrong (6% of the time according to the companies, and they deny this happens-they admit it doesn’t cure incontinence 6% of the time).

A lawyer for the defense of Ethicon (a subsidiary of J&J) just stated in a WV court on Thursday (February 13, 2014) that their SUI product “is the gold standard of the industry.” There are many studies that show a much higher complication rate than 6%. The bottom line is money. They are making billions and are getting away with it. Dr.’s are making a lot of money and they are also getting away with it. The FDA looks the other way and allows this travesty to occur. I have never smoked, and I don’t drink. What has happened to me is so much worse than what is caused by smoking and excessive drinking. And ironically if I decided to drink and drive and hurt someone I’d pay the price. But pharmaceutical companies don’t have to worry about what they decide to sell and put into our bodies, even if it causes death to occur, they are above the law.

Our country is in great need of people who do their jobs with accountability, integrity, honesty, and pride. Who are not bought off with money and who do not cave into political pressure. The only thing that allows evil to prevail is for good men (women) to do nothing. Evil is prevailing. Please save other women from going through this and stand up and DO SOMETHING, MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

1. Annie says:

This is so disgusting to me. I’m actually laying here in my bed and cannot get up or else I feel extreme pain in my bladder and I feel like my bladder is being stabbed . When I do stand I also feel rectal pressure. I’m hurting so bad. I feel like something is trying to come out. I know its the mesh. I’ve had testing . I’ve been in and out of the hospital with infections. I am going to see a urology specialist on Friday. I’m dying slowly and my pain pills do not work. I hope to one day be free of this pain.

Annie would you get in touch with me… id like to know if you have insurance and where you live… you should not be suffering so….janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com

• Monica Atkins says:

Jane,

I had insurance when I had the sling implanted, the sling explanted and a new one implanted. Since then however, I haven’t been able to work due to the severe pain and I’ve been going through the same issues as the woman you replied to. I have constant vaginal pain and bowel spasms and can’t do anything about it because of the lack of insurance. I will admit that I received a shoulder injury at work but when I went back to work, I lost my job due to the severe pain and the lack of ability to do my job due to the pain. Do you have any advice on how to handle the pain until I can get insurance?

2. Patricia Shaffer says:

Thank you for writing this. I think we need a lawyer that can file a case in US Supreme Court. regarding all the FDA issues. I believe they only except about 300 cases a year. If the US Supreme Court writes an opinion in favor of changing the 501 policy, it would sure help us. Everyone would listen! I want the Plainttifs lawyers to look into this idea.

It seems to me that none of this mesh mess would have happened if the government run FDA did the job we pay them to do.

• John says:

The FDA does the job that the big pharma companies pay them very well to do… Faulty Device Approvals

• Carol says:

Everything is geared toward corporate America. They have deep pockets to pay for whatever legislation they desire. Even if it destroys anyone. My life is changed forever. I’ll never bet he same, for one I will never trust another doctor. I don’t trust the FDA they are not out to protect anyone. They have been very slow to do anything because I feel they don’t want to incriminate themselves. It’s t,heir fault, it’s the doctors fault by not demanding more research on the long term effects., and Ethicon, AMS, Bard, etc are definitely too blame because they knew this stuff was not supposed to be implanted in humans. They are all culpable.

3. barbara says:

This is all that matters to the Head person @ J&J http://www1.salary.com/Alex-Gorsky-Salary-Bonus-Stock-Options-for-JOHNSON-JOHNSON.html

We are just like “Lab rats” to them.They worship at the feet of the almighty dollar. I pray that the Judges will not be intimidated by their great power and wealth. And as far as the FDA goes…they are a useless arm of the government. When Obama first became President I remember the Head of the FDA asked for a ‘few million” to spend on his employees who were very stressed out. I was a Hospice Nurse for almost 30 years…THAT is stressed out. However, it never occurred to me to ask for money from taxpayers to soothe my stress. I am very disappointed with this verdict. I do not know all the details but I thought there was an order for “Spoliation”.I will NEVER buy a J&J product again. I used to believe they were an outstanding company that cared for people.I no longer believe that . Christy Jones wants us all to disappear . I am standing tall in defense of my body and I hope you all do too.

4. anonymous says:

Unbelievable. I can’t tell you how devastated this news is to me. Words don’t describe it.

5. debc says:

I could not agree more. I feel your outage & frustration. As someone who also had mesh for SUI, I am simply & utterly disgusted that this not only has been allowed to happen to so many, but that it continues to be allowed to happen. Not only allowed but encouraged. Sell sell sell! That’s all they care about. $ They are putting more of the same crap on the market all the time, rather than taking it off. It’s appalling. When will they admit polypropylene mesh is a highly flawed product? Period.

6. Bev says:

Regarding mesh failure rate published stats. They say low failure rate. They lie.

Consider that I have read many hundreds of forum posts. Not one post from a satisfied mesh implant.

Consider that in the last 3 years I have met maybe 50 women around town that have had an implant. Not one reported their mesh works fine.

Consider that even if the failure rate is low the product is not removable according to the industry. It is a permanent implant therefore not removable.

If a drug had a 10% failure rate it would be off the market in a nano second.

7. Estelle tasz says:

Alittle confused where to comment but feel free to paste this if it’s in wrong place …our stories may be different but out pain and suffering all seem the same , what sticks out most tho is after I couldn’t urinate on my own which would happen so often due to huge bladder stones from mesh I had to start carrying a catheter around this is when your product not only damaged me but now was damaging my children as they were getting awards , playing softball, swimming, attending birthday parties their friends whispering to them what’s wrong with your mom and seeing my kids look at me and say the doctors put something in her body that hurt her this went on for 2 years , bleeding so badly that your husband calls 911, being in such pain that it was now stealing your spirit but we went on because we had no choice losing parts of my organs , horrible surgeries and crying in silence ..I will not give up we all were not just injured we were lied to and our families suffered so if they want to put a dollar figure on our pain you can’t I just thank god they did get most of my mesh out along w parts of my bladder and irreversible damage but I will not let you ruin anymore softball games and we can’t let you pretend that 50,000 women don’t matter because we do and you will be held accountable that is one promise to myself and my kids I plan on keeping…thank you Estelle a mom wanting justice!!!!!

8. Burnedagain says:

I think we might have to work this from a different angle. There are too many little battles trying to work a corrupted part of the system. If we shoot for the top by changing the laws (or just making sure they’re followed) we might have more success with a broader scope to preserve basic human rights.

There are mesh victims (hernia and gynecological), vaccine victims, contraceptive device victims, and most likely more products from the medical profession’s satellite industries that we haven’t heard of yet. Then you have environmental victims of industries in general (ex – families living next to natural gas fracturing mines).

Hundred’s of thousands of US citizens, alone, are stripped of their human rights to life and liberty by private interests. I myself am a mesh victim who has lost everything , but it doesn’t stop there for us.

Mainstream doctor’s will not treat or acknowledge this epidemic. Then as victims are unable to work from all the physical complications (more now than they had before consulting mainstream surgeons), its the families that start to feel the pressure. Bankruptcy… Divorce….. Unfortunately it’s human nature for people to exercise self preservation above all else – so a greater number of these victims’ families are torn apart financially and emotionally.

Unable to work, live a normal life, not able to receive the treatment needed to get back on our feet or even recourse through the system. It’s not just the individual ‘patients’ that are effected ; It’s they’re entire families. Taxpayers. U.S. Citizens.

we can start here: our seventh amendment rights are being violated. as with this and many other cases – a jury has not decided the outcome or seen all of the evidence

Amendment VII

“In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.”

B~ You are so right…. but many people have fallen for the “tort reformers” who want to close the door to the courthouse in the name of curtailing “the lawyers” The only ones having their rights curtailed are Americans… Please think next time an industry group is behind some tort reform message. They want to immunize themselves from you. Don’t let them do it!

9. In The United Kingdom the surgeons, The Department of Health The useless public health watchdog The MHRA UK also The Government of England are in denial over mesh injuries. They are as useless as a chocolate fireguard they still do not listen.

We have surgeons going to conferences giving speeches on how to avoid litigation is name is Mr Julian Shah of University College Hospital London. This man left me to rot for 3 years and would not even mention the word mesh in all of 3 years.

It took a letter of proceedings for a Judicial Review to University College Hospital London in order for me to get the truth after 3 years. They just hoped I would go away.

They also put out an amber alert on me so that when I attended my appointments at the hospital in London they sent emails around saying don’t talk to me about mesh when I attended. How corrupt is that

I got him and a well known professor in a room on my own and I made them squirm and finally got the truth out of them. And yes the word mesh was finally used.

Julian Shah wanted to do a martius fat pad on me. He wanted to take mylabial folds and wrap them around my urethra which was destroyed by now and other things as well without any diagnosis. He wanted to mutilate me.

I told him where he could go. The medical world is corrupt and money is the root of all evil where mesh is concerned.

I did find someone else to tell me the truth and had this mesh removed last February 2013 but the injuries caused by the mesh were horrific. They should be ashamed to have taken the oath when they became doctors.

I hope they will all rot in hell if hell exists.

• Barbara says:

Teresa, I wish I was a Movie Producer because your story along with so many others touched me.What an ordeal you went through. I have been through much pain/suffering as well due to product in USA (Ethicon). My OB simply said “you will love it, It was going to make my bladder prolapse “go away”, I would be able to have sex again with my hubby of 30 years. She held up a roll of Mesh and said “see how soft it is?” I went specifically to a woman because I felt like it would be less embarrassing/more compassion. BOY was I wrong. I was 300 miles from home, climbing stairs, caring for a grand baby.Had stabbing pain all night, could not sleep, had flight home in morning.That was the beginning of the end of this GREAT product that “would change my life” per OB/GYN. It changed my life alright.I drove 350 miles to an Explant MD.(Uro/Gyno/PlasticSurgeon. Brilliant. He have me a date to come back for Explant of Mesh. We stayed in hotel and I was up @ 5am showering and so happy I was getting a wonderful MD to remove the horrible mesh that had taken over my life.When he arrived, I was in pre-op and the first thing he said was “Barbara, please understand I cannot get all the mesh out or your Vagina will be upside down”.I broke down in tears. He should have told me that BEFORE I was prepped for surgery but I guess the thought of losing all that money from my Fabulous insurance plan was just too much. The world has become so greedy and power hungry. Even the Attorneys for Defendents gets great JOY from her victories no matter the cost.I believe in Karma and its coming for a lot of people. God bless you.

• Dear Barbara

I have been approached by a producer to do a play on these issues as well as other health issues included about the terrible journey I have undertaken as well as thousands of other women throughout the world.

It is serious as well as funny as we still have to laugh otherwise we go under.

I have started the work on it but it is so emotional that at times I have to switch off.

I hope that soon it will take place as it is another avenue to open up a world of how we are suffering the lies we have been told and how corrupt the systems is.

Thank you for replying.

Love

Teresa

• HE says:

Wow Teresa, this is great news! I would love to get involved with this with you. Gag orders from attorneys are keeping many of us from speaking out. We do need to find someone who will tell the truth to the mainstream. I was talking to a friend the other day and we find it so sad that even though we have learned so much, through experience and Jane’s site, etc. They still go with what the Dr. says. Just like sheep following the leader down into the ravine. I know so many women who are afraid of “what could happen” that they are in denial, mesh has eroded twice and they don’t have any issues! What???? They are listening to the Dr.’s who are telling them that “we are rare”. My hairdresser asked her OB about her problem, things are starting to sag. Yep, first thing out of his mouth “mesh”. She said she has a client with severe issues from mesh and she doesn’t want it. He said “you don’t need to worry about that, it is so very rare”. I asked her “even if it were rare, would you really take this chance over incontinence?” Incontinence vs. your life. I also asked what other options were you given, she said he told her “this is the only option”. The truth is not being told. SAD, SAD, SAD.

• Dear HE

One can only hope you may have saved another person from having this evil mesh put in them.

If you wish to contact me you can do so by the contact form at http://www.meshiesunitedgroup.co.uk

Thanks for your input

Teresa

• Carly says:

I had this MESH put in without my approval….I found out 10 months later after bleeding and infections, a different OB found it and told me, which was the beginning of my NIGHTMARE!!!! I had my put in 2009…ha my 1st surgery 2010 my 2nd 2012….my URO- GYN did my second surgery and was able to get it all out. She told my family after surgery that we can just pray that all her pain will go away. NOPE did not work. I was still suffering with the pain that was so bad I did not won’t to live. My Dr sent me to PT and Pain Management to try and help with my pain. To make a long story short I found out I had Predental Nerve Damage….I cannot Sit. Stand, Walk or Drive for more then 5 mins….Had surgery June 2013 on the Nerve still have a lot of pain…still on strong pain meds…..My surgeon told me it could take up to 5 yrs to see if the surgery worked and at that 5 yr point what ever condition I’m in that will be my quality of life. My Dr did say there is a 66% chance that I will get better. WAIT AND SEE!!! THIS MESH SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFF THE MARKET A LONG TIME AGO. THIS IS JUST MY BRIEF STORY OF THE DAMAGE IT CAN CAUSE AND THE HUNDRED’S OF WOMEN WITH DIFFERENT DAMAGE AND THEY THINK THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM?? GOD BLESS ALL WOMEN AND MEN THAT HAS BEEN HARM FROM THIS MESH. LOVE TO ALL!!

10. Linda says:

Thank you for reporting Jane and unnamed for your story. I’m so sorry these company’s appear to be getting away with causing the grief that they have brought to women, while making billions. The support group I’m on has real women with heart breaking consequences from these mesh implants. Women trying to live their lives, care for their families, many being the financial support of their families, while they are having unbelievable mesh related pain and suffering. I have had 5 mesh related surgeries in the past year from its erosion. How do we trust this judge to hear the rest of the bellwether cases if he isn’t going to allow full disclosures and full testimonies for jury decisions?

Meanwhile the companies continue to sell their products, thank you FDA. Thank you Judge Goodwin.

11. A meshed-up nurse says:

Thank you for writing the TRUTH!

The mesh companies are like the Pied Piper, playing their beautiful music, while the FDA, the doctors, the patients, and now our judicial system (judges and lawyers) are all dancing behind them…. Right before the poor, unsuspecting patients go over the cliff!….

As a nursing professional my entire adult life, I am absolutely appalled and disgusted at the dishonest corruption of our healthcare system and with how most medical devices, especially those that are supposed to be permanent implants in the body, are allowed on the market with a paucity of data required by the FDA. I’m disgusted with how the lawyers and judges manipulate the information, the system, and don’t really seem to understand the issues involved. I am disgusted with know-it-all doctors who don’t listen to or believe their patients. And I am very disgusted at how the poor patient loses, with no recourse, when they are unexpectedly injured by a faulty, defective medical product, such as transvaginal mesh…..

12. karen says:

Thank you Jane ! We need our own money, we need deep pockets . The funny thing is we would have to get a silent partner. Time to pull favors. Start calling people that know people. We have to say its a fund raising. We need a non profit name and go from there. Sometimes we have to be silent until we raise our own money. I know the bill board sign out here inTexas are 500.00 each. We need t-shirt,sign, bill boards, we need air time radio and tv, we need to make this as big as breast cancer foundation. We playing with the big boys.Gods Will. We don’t deserve this but now that we have been put together for a reason.Now we have to fight for ourselves together. Love you all

13. HE says:

Yes, we need someone to give us a VOICE or SEVERAL SOMEONE’s. I don’t mean that we are voiceless and it’s not that I’m not so thankful for the hard work that Jane and others are doing for us. I AM GRATEFUL! I mean we need a podium that will get national attention and cause NATIONAL OUTRAGE at what has been done. I believe that most of America is still asleep and not aware of what is going on under their noses, as was I before the mesh struck. The 510k is a dirty little secret that the average person has no idea of. Hey, most people don’t even know who our vice president is. Jane’s site is wonderful and has been a help to so many, but I still feel like we are not being heard here on a big scale. One of the issues is – we’re injured, in pain and immobile. We’re broke from horrendous health care costs and the failure of the system. There is still no set pattern for getting help for mesh injuries. We have been guinea pigs and they are still writing the future books on us. The good thing is – the story isn’t finished yet. We will have a chance to be a part of the end of this story. Like Karen said, banding together, that is where great strength can grow.

I was thinking this morning about the FDA and Judge Goodwin, I know-conspiracy theory – but do you think it’s possible that someone from the FDA got him involved so the truth about the 510k would not come out? They had to keep it under the rug, so to speak. As Karen said, calling in favors – BIG FAVORS. It isn’t an accident that no major news coverage wants to touch mesh with a 10′ pole. Just thinking, but what if we went about this another way – IE. find a great singer/song writer to catch on to our cause? Instead of trusting government and due process. Or another avenue? One thing I know, together we have great strength and talent amongst us – it needs to be channeled and that requires good leadership. Just a few thoughts

14. Sandy says:

I agree we need help but who do we go to? Our Crongress person, can they help? Would they even bother to help with so much other stuff going on. The bottom line is we were hurt. It’s going to take time to heal. We will never be the same ever but at least if we had the time and money to try to heal at least that would be a start. But I have been told by my attorney I will be lucky to get 4-5 digits for all the pain I have suffered. I have lost family time and enjoyment, I have lost jobs because I am in so much pain some days I could not go to work. I have lost a relationship with my husband and a closeness I will never get back. I have lost hope of ever being able to be happy and have a future of hope. Some of us could have to walk away with out ever being given anything from someone who is making a product that hurts and destroys our lives.my work life has been cut short due to this. In march I face yet another surgery to try to deal with the pain. When will if ever, this be over. I have been told that my medical company can not and will not be able to afford to pay women what they deserve because they don’t have enough money to pay everyone! So basically I have been told to be happy if I get anything. I have mounting medical bills and lost time from work and well you all know all the things we have lost. i have no rights to reclaim damages, how the hell is that possible. My attorney has said I have to just sit back and wait while my life unravels. Welcome to the American way of life for mesh sufferers, what a crock of BS! I told my attorney every woman should get a million dollars and he said it won’t happen. Let him go through what I have and see how he feels then. Let him figure out to live the next 30 years through all of the pain and loss of happiness. Let him go through doctors lying and say we told them the dangers when they didn’t. Nothing will ever be done for us to regain what ever we can to live as normally as we can. We are expendable because we are women and no one really cares. It is so sad that in a country that brags about a decent standard of living for its people that women are forgotten.

15. love truth says:

After years of suffering with mesh, knowing the damaged inside that has gone on for over 5 years, FDA, those that answered the phones, slamming them down, disconnecting calls as I was ignorant to what was happening to me, the very severe pains at first that would take me off of my feet for sometimes over an hour and brushing it off after the pains left, , sometimes through vagina , sometimes through rectum. infections that no doctor in area would tell me the truth, (they all covered for their colleagues and lied) it took so long to find a doctor that did sit and talked to me a a human, the rest say I am crazy , but not just those in medical. I started calling politicians begging for help, governors, and more. THEY ONLY PROVOKED MORE ANGER IN ME, JUST AS THOSE IN MEDICAL WERE DOING, tHE HARDES PART IS KNOWING NOW , this is what women have to face for the rest of their life, because of those that lie and cover the truth up. NO 1 woman , has the same story, not one can be the same , no matter how many could tell the truth of the hell we have been put through. THE DOCTORS THAT HAVE LIED NEED TO BE SITTING IN THOSE COURT ROOMS WITH THE WOMEN TELLING AND L;OOKING STRAIGHT IN THEIR EYES TO TELL HOW CRUEL THEY WERE TO THEM AND HOW THEY LIED .

TRUST , how do we trust those in medical any more ???? judges and those that put into laws that they can stop truth in courts from being told. THIS IS NOT FREEDOM AT ALL.

TO go on web sites of the ones that got rich off mesh and lied , doctors and more, When we see all of those names that have interest in power authorities politicians and more that support these chemical companies using humans as those in medical , FDA. they give money to these companies as these companies also support them, tax free deductions. Truth should never be stoppped , only those that are so greedy would lie and cover truth up.

This is crimes against human beings. Those that have tore the constitution all a part , if you do not bow to their ways and call them good, what happened to me can happen to you. I don’t owe anyone favors, but have had to take everything dished out, suppressing anger a lot of times, sometimes not.

What happens in america is journalist like jane was told, that she cannot write the truth? I am thankful to god almighty that their are some that still like to write the truth , without them, AMERICA WOULD HAVE FALLEN ALONG TIME AGO.

TOO FEW , like those that will stand for truth. God be with all of those that this web site and more have helped women with mesh that was done knowing and those that got rich off covering up for favors and lied. law makers change laws for these things to be covered up to protect the truly guilty in crimes. lobbist , organiztions. and more.

people in power , gave money to the companies, for these days , I SAW THE NAMES, FOR FAVORS RETURNED, TO STOP TRUTH THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH FROM COMING OUT IN COURTS. THE NAMES AND DOCTORS AND MORE SHOULD ALL BE EXPOSED AS EVEN A GOVERNOR NOT LONG AGO SAID WE HAVE TO PROTECT THOSE IN MEDICAL, >>>>>WHO ARE PROTECTING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE FROM THOSE COVERING UP AND LYING TO PATIENTS?? THEY GIVE THOSE OF THOSE IN THEIR PROFESSIONS THAT ARE TRULY DOING THEIR BEST AND TRUTHFUL A BAD NAME.

TOO MANY COVER THE TRUTH UP.

i could have forgiven the doctors that did this to me, if they had said, when they knew the mesh was causing my pain and infections and would cause me pain for the rest of me life, if they had acknowledged and been truthful with me, not butchering anymore, but said they needed to find a doctor with more knowledge to try to remove it, but instead I was ridiculed , told that it was all in my mind, and used sarcastic remarks of the most evil and vile people with breath in their bodies. I TOOK ALL THEY DISHED OUT IN LIES. TRUTH i CAN FORGIVE, THEIR LIES AND WHAT THEIR COLLEAGUES DID TO ME FOR YEARS I CANNOT. They don’t even say they are sorry.

16. R E says:

What upsets me now is these settlement funding companies popping up promising loans against our future settlement. Just so you know, the only way anyone will give you a loan is if you have had revision surgery. Not everyone that suffers requires surgery. Therefore, adding insult to injury, financial assistance for some is out of reach.

17. R E says:

Is the same judge presiding over every case? Am I reading correctly that the next hearing isn’t until December? Will it take years until this is over? I am confused about the process.

• truth says:

What the companies offer in millions , to the billions and most probably trillions, also counting the doctors that made trillions lying to patients , and politicians and more that gave to these companies, and the companies gave money to them in campaigns , you know how the favor route goes and lies. what they are offering women is very little in millions, especially when the states want their part after supporting these companies to, and so the merry go round goes around and around, till those that have suffered greatly, that any federal doctor can exam any woman truly damaged with wittnesses and see , she is telling the truth, to the lies told even in records. IT IS TOO LONG DRAGGING COURTS OUT, JUST A COUPLE OF CASES A YEAR AS WOMEN SUFFER FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE. this is a grave wrong for courts to do this to the women damaged.

More truthful journalist need to give jane support, not many like jane , Without those journalist like jane, you can kiss america’s freedom good bye, truth hurts like hell sometimes, and even harsh and mean in truth to those that lie. What would the women have to turn to if JANE DID NOT SEE A REASON TO GET INVOLVED.

In my lifetime, in other issues, when it seemed like you are standing against the world, there is always 1, that god sends to help. Through the storms of life. THIS IS ONE OF THEM JANE. This time never ending it looks like.

I don’t understand gods ways sometimes.

i DO KNOW THAT IF THEY HAD USED EVEN RATS TESTING THE MESH, THOSE RATS WOULD HAVE TO GET INFECTIONS THEY COULD NOT GET RID OF IN A RAT, AND IF THEY DID AN ULTRA SOUND i AM SURE THEY WOULD SEE HOW THE MESH MOVED INTO THE RATS OTHER BODY PARTS AND DONE DAMAGE. THIS MESH WAS NOT DONE BY GOD TO HUMANS , BUT BY SOME OF THE MOST EVIL WORKS OF THOSE THAT WANTED MONEY, EVEN THOSE IN MEDICAL AND LEADERS OF THIS NATION. THE FDA, ALSO EVERYONE THOUGHT THEY HAD IT ALL COVERED,

they probably never knew a truthful journalist like jane. GOD BE WITH YOU JANE. YOU CANNOT SHUT TRUTH UP, AND A NATION BE KNOWN FOR FREEDOMS , WE HAVE. OR ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE ESPECIALLY IN COURT ROOMS!

Thank you Gee Whiz… much appreciated. I thought all journalists were like this. Imagine my disappointment. But I agree with you indy journalism not beholden to advertisers, is a very tough road and without it we will never know what the hell is going on nor will we know what we are missing! It’s a very scary prospect…

18. Jan says:

Thank you Jane for keeping us informed. This is so frustrating and I pray for all who have to live with pain.

Does anyone know where it stands at this point?

19. Ken says:

My Wife gave a kidney to her nephew, After surgery a few years later the left side bulged. Doctors did an incompleted surgery, They put mesh in her left side.The pain she is in, I feel so bad for her. I am a cronic pian

person , on morphen and shots 4time a year . I think she hurt much more then I. Wish I knew what to do for her.

20. Kerry Wilson says:

Can relate to your frustration with mesh injuries, shunting you around, treating you like you’re a hypochondriac/nut-job. Is there a site for Australian meshies?

21. Wendy says:

When I read all the comments, I can hear all the pain,frustration and anger and hopelessness. I believe that we need to stay calm and don’t let them break us down. We need to stay strong and committed to show that we want to be heard and can not be intimidated. That’s want they want us to fall apart and look like all we are interested in is settlements. We need to stay focused and be heard so doctors will stop injuring patients by using mesh.

You are right Wendy but understand the horrendous pain some are trying to cope with… not to mention the heavy narcotics some are using to stay alive. Why doctors are still turning their back is a mystery!! Hello!!!

22. Kristen says:

I am scared to write, so injured beyond repair and must be very careful as my case is pending! There are truly no INDIVIDUALS, DOCTORS, LAWYERS, PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS OR EXPERTS THAT TRULT UNDERSTAND EXACTLY HOW DANGEROUS THIS PRODUCT IS!

I gave birth to my child and was told I needed a full hystorectomy, a bladder reconstruction, ( including a transvaginal mesh sling) and a rectal seal) . My Son was only 3 months old when the surgery was performed! My nightmare began!

Two weeks following the the surgery, I began to run a very high fever and noticed that something was hanging out of my vagina! I was scared to death! I calked my surgeon so sick an

d in a state of panic! Not only that, but I had a new born baby that I loved dearly and was having a hard time taking care of because I was so sick!

Little did I know, that this would be the the start of spending nearly the next 4 years of my life in and out of the hospital!

5 revisions surgeries, 2 blood transfusions, a blood clot that fell out of my body onto the floor at my home the size of a baseball leaving my skin gapoing open in front of my children and niece! Another emergency surgery which resulted in a puncture to my intestine, colon, bladder, and the need for a shunt to be placed in my liver duct, and also in my my intestinal track, pancreatitis too many times to count, numerous bowl abstructions, days, upon weeks in the hospital having soap enemas to be able to go to the bathroom due to intestinal damage! Blood clot removals from my rectum, a supra pupib cathedar that was left in place so long due to damage that it crystallized into my bladder and would not come out! So I am now permanently deformed vaginalky from having it yanked out full force by my Doctor who stood up on top of the exam table with both hands and tugged , both feet planted to get it out!

I then grew a bladder mass that took over my intestines, colon, bladder, and was so twisted between my organs that they had to call in several surgeons to get it out!

I spent more of my Newborn sons life in the hospital then at home! I will never forgive myself for the time I lost with my Son and the stress on my family!

The ugly truths do not stop, . My ex husband could take take the the fact that his wife could not have sex,,,, ( tears) , so, he took it himself! Rape, along with everything else became a regular part of life and eventually the end of my marriage!

I, at this time, and there is so much more, can not urinate half the time, suffer from excruciating pain daily, am unable to have any kind of sex life, am completely ruined financially and will never ever be able to live a normal life! I am in full disability, and mycindition just kerps getting worse ever year!

The last surgeon I saw told me if they try to go in abd correct or gelp me in anyway, I will never be able to urinate on my own again! Permanent catherdization is now my last resort! I am already , and have been self catting for years now!

WHAT ELSE IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO GET THIS DEVASTATING, LIFE CHANGING, HARMFUL, DISTRUCTIVE, PRODUCT OFF THE MARKET SO THIS, AND SO MANY ITHER HORROR STORIES DO NOT HAPOEN AGAIN? Apparently DEATH, SEVERE BODILY HARM AND CONCLUSIVE PRODUCT

Kristen- I’m so sorry what you are going through. Can you tell me if you have your medical records? Do you have insurance? There may be patient advocates who can help guide you to some competent medical care which you clearly need. Can you tell us where you are located? Please get back at janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com You should not be suffering so alone. ~Jane Akre

23. Barbara says:

I was not sure where to put my comment last night for Jane. But I will repeat this here. I was on E-Bay last night and just happened upon J&J PROLIFT MESH KITS for sale! I was so shocked I just broke down in tears. When my husband finally calmed me down he also was angry and shocked that “someone” is selling “J&J Prolift Mesh Kits”!(which is what I had) on E-BAY!!! There were 2 types but packaging looked exactly the same (green and white).As I asked Jane , who the hell sells OR buys vaginal mesh on E-Bay?! One kit had price of $199.00 and the other $150.00.This whole mess nationwide is beyond understanding. Nothing ever mentioned on TV news? I had my surgery in 2008. started having problems and had to drive 300 miles for “Explant” only to be told AFTER I was prepped and under sedation by the doctor that he was “sorry, but he would not be able to get aLL the mesh out”. I had a fabulous BCBS policy so I am sure he didn’t want to tell me that I would still have pain and leaking of urine AND partial prolapse. But he did say “it will cut down on infections”.This is a nightmare that never ends and they are still putting this MESH in women.Thank you Jane! Where are your collegues? NO ONE covering this on TV. I am writing Bill O’Rielly….HE loves looking out for the “people”.When I saw what J&Js CEO makes, I was sickened. 7 million plus bonus plus stock options.

B~ Do you still have the remaining Prolift left behind? I understand that is one of the most difficult to remove. Might be why J&J stopped selling it EXCEPT on ebay!

24. harsh truth says:

I HAVE NO APOLOGIES , to anyone as I have been told I am harsh with words. harsh??? AFTER SO MANY SARCASTIC REMARKS IN doctors offices by doctors and nurses, knowing I was suffering and had to beg for anti biotic, and something for infections, I TOOK EVERYTHING DISHED OUT TO ME, or I would have torn their doctors offices up, AS THEY PUT ME IN EXCRUCIATING PAIN ON TABLE, WITH ME BEGGING THEM TO STOP, WITH RESPONSES OF i AM NOT HURTING YOU, AFTER EXAM, BLOOD WHERE IT FELT LIKE THEY WERE TRYING TO SHOVE THE PROTRUDING MESH , CUTTING ME INSIDE. i WAS NICE, i walked away, as they covered for their sorry colleagues, doctors and nurses lying.

Trust< is gone , those that give those in their profession a bad name, like other professions also. lies are for cons , and those that deceive, cover up, and put into laws where truth is stopped from being heard in courts. A GRAVE WRONG FOR THOSE THAT GOT RICH to offer just millions after so many in and out of those big business pay off those in courts to not expose truth.

THE RIGHT THING , MAKE THEM SELL OFF THEIR big mansions, all their limousines ,yachts, jet airplanes, all their vacations with partying with politicians and more in power that covered for their crimes, , why didn't the media warn americans years ago, the fda , ALSO WAS IN ON COVERING IT UP. every state politicians run by health, politicians that did nothing, governors that said they had to protect doctors, but never warned in their states what mesh was doing to american citizens, destroying their life, permanent damage. millions after billions maybe higher they all got, how much did media get to not report the mesh ?

It is very easy to show proof the women truly damaged and suffer, not drag these courts out, an exam by doctors for federal , that will not lie, maybe some of the companies need to see the scars, women carry from their lies and greedy hungry eyes for money and power with those in authority positions in america. YOU HAVE TO LIVE THROUGH HELL TO BE ABLE TO TELL ABOUT IT IN TRUTH, LIARS HAVE TO COVER LIES UP BY TELLING ANOTHER 1.. iT DOES NOT TAKE AN EDUCATION TO KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG, IT TOOK DECADES FOR LAWS TO BE PUT IN TO STOP TRUTH FROM BEING TOLD IN COURTS. i know what they can do in and out of court rooms, to some people as they cover for others guilty.

america's shame.