Women's Words Speak Truth About Mesh

Woman statute wiki commons victor nicolas courtesyRemember the Stories of Anger series from a couple of years ago? Read it here.

Women were speaking out and expressing their frustration with the medical system, their anger at the Food and Drug Administration and of course, their disgust with pelvic mesh manufacturers.

The following are some of their quotes.

I am now looking for a few quotes that are attributed that can be added to a White Paper about the history of J&J  that is going to financial analysts who will be discussing J&J and its financial future this month. These are the guys that advise the industry and your words will be heard!

You do NOT have to be implanted with J&J mesh… since it is all polypropylene.

They should be heart felt, personal and you should be able to have your name added, just your name.   The paper could eventually go to members of Congress as well so you must be comfortable with you name being public.   The first five attributable quotes will be used. Here are some examples.

Thank you.

See if these expressions sound like something you might say. In fact if you said them, let me know!!

“You actually start to think that maybe

you are going crazy. You start to lose

hope that you will ever get better.”

Anonymous Mesh Survivor

#

“I was living, not day by day, or even hour to hour,

but many times, moment by moment.”

Anonymous Mesh Survivor

#

“A tampon made of steel wool

inserted permanently.”

Anonymous Mesh Survivor

#

“It triggers a fiery pain in nerves randomly

all over your body.”

Anonymous Mesh Survivor

#

“It is just so unbelievable that a “minor problem”

outpatient procedure that is minimally invasive causes life

changing results. I know my life as I knew is gone.”

Anonymous Mesh Survivor

1. terri white says:

Odd that I would pull this article up first thing this morning. Just stood there in the hall, with that oh so common thought that death would be easier than this. Nine years and counting since J&J forever changed my life. Another UTI, pain, fever, chills,and all the emotionally disturbing thoughts that go along with being chronically ill. Lord forgive me for my thoughts. Show no mercy to those that have hurt and scared your children.

Terri- Your words are so powerful and I”m so sorry… can I ask you if they can be used for a paper on mesh? Your name would be used.. call me 904-613-2828.

2. vernie howard says:

Johnson and johnson has destroyed my life as a women and wife and mother there is no words that can even come close to just how bad it really is 2008 I had mesh put in my body thinking it would help me as my doctor told me it would after 3 surgerys later going in for the 4th soon I found out I was used like a animal for testing of this mesh the pain that I have is everyday never stops and they dont care I have been married 36 years I have 6 children this destroyed my marriage my sex life is over starting in 2008 and did not end even after all the surgerys all I could do is pray for healing because the doctors say they cant get it all out the pain will never stop and all I can hear is they want to keep selling this mesh so they can keep destroying peoples lifes this breaks my heart why put something in wemon that destroys peoples lifes that doctors cant remove god bless

3. kristine says:

I wake up every day feeling like just maybe today will be the day ,that the pain will be gone, but then I stand up and realize the pain is still their and I begin to cry as I do every waking moment. I live in fear that today will be my last day alive. I no longer feel valid as a wife and mother.pain, fear, tears and anxiety are my life now. I find no joy. Mesh has taken my life as I knew it away.

4. Sandy says:

I wake to the birds singing hoping today will be better. Then immediately I feel the pain. I start to cry as I realize I have another long painful day ahead of me. While the rest of the world goes on with life I must spend the time incarcerated in my own home. I can’t go to the grocery store for my family, I can’t do any activities I use to do. All i can do is wait for my punishing pain to be gone. Summer is passing me by. I see families laughing and having fun and I cry because that use to be me. I don’t even know who I am any more. I cry, I get angry, I get depressed, and so many emotions I can’t even explain. People said go to a counselor and she told me I would have to become one with my pain, I had to get to know my pain and find a pleasure some how. I did not go back. I know my pain. My pain has cost me several jobs and my career now. It has cost me a marriage, and lost family time I will never get back. I have thought about suicide because the thought of living every day for the next 30-40 years like this would not be living but existing. But I try to hang on knowing that I want to be around to make AMS pay for making billions while they destroy lives and families. I want to sign my name to an agreement that will send a message to them that they are wrong for selling this product. However, with each delay or excuse from the courts my hope fades as does my life. How many more days can I keep hanging on to the empty promise that you will be vindicated. I will lose over $400, 000.00 just in income. My retirement, if you will my golden years which is suppose to be my right as an American to have has been stolen from me by people who don’t care about the health product they claim will help you live a better life. They only care about making money at the cost of my whole life. I really have very little hope that any dreams I had will ever come true now. I pray to Jesus to take me if this is the life I have been condemned to by big medical companies who don’t care. Every thing near and dear to me has been taken from me. Life is not enjoyable anymore it is a struggle to just get thru another day. Each new piece of bad news tears my heart apart. I wish just once all the judges, attorneys, the doctors, the medical companies could live a day in my shoes, never knowing if the pain will go away. Not knowing if your life will ever hold any hope or happiness again. This is what the mesh product did to me. Before this I was health and happy. Now I am a shell of a woman who once looked forward to my life. Now I have nothing to look forward to. If it was not for my family, my sons, I would be gone. And medical companies have no idea what they have done to me if they do they show they don’t care. I just pray some how some where someone will be heard and our country will finally say enough! I just pray it is not to late for all the people who have had to suffer and lose everything and die never knowing happiness again.

• Kitty says:

Sandy—I was crying when I read your post. I myself am having a very bad day—-see my post below. Please hang in there. I was so happy I could come home from the Doctor and tell you all about what she daid to me. It was really shocking. I thought she understood.

• Kitty says:

Dear Angela I read your post and am crying for you. You are so young ——-This is a tragic. What horrible care and butchering I have a daughter your age. . Please take care and keep talking with us. I don’t know what I would do without Janes site. My journey with mesh has been a slower degeneration and late vaginal erosion that the Doctors’ can now say “The old bag is just old and demented” Her body’s just falling apart. No one in my family ever had the health problems I have–No One.

5. Sandy says:

Jane, I think I wrote the last the last expression at one time. Like I said it is so unbelievable that you go in for a minor procedure only to have the rest of your life changed forever!

6. Dawn says:

GOLD STANDARD ?

Polypropylene is the best of the worst …

WE DID NOT SIGN UP TO BE GUINEA PIGS FOR THESE MANUFACTURERS !

A PERMANENTLY IMPLANTED MEDICAL DEVICE THAT WAS NEVER TESTED properly.

We did not ask for this.

WE ARE AND WILL FOREVER BE ,” THE WALKING WOUNDED”

This is a money making venture by these manufacturers.

Half of the world is FEMALE . And over half of those females will have continence issues in their lifetime.

I think to myself daily, this is THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA that I live in !! The best country in the world ! HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING TO US ????

POLYPROPYLENE MESH : the holocaust in my lifetime.

• Kitty says:

Hello Ladies. I just came back from my 3 month post SUI mesh explant I reported to Dr that I had the cramping and the other night was in the worse pain–close to transitional pain prior to birth of a baby–with pain in pelvis both hips, legs et al. I have POP mesh remaining in me. —I told her about Dr Margolis and his concerns with the inflammatry process and I believed I had that going on. She informed me that Dr Margolis is a Quack. She also said the lawsuits are not that many and not true. She told me it was my Arthritis and I should see my primary for this particular pain. I am so confused at this point.

• msm says:

Run away from her as fast as you can! She is prime example of what is wrong with the medical community (one of many). She sounds threatened and jealous that you found a better doc who can do things she can’t. I had one of those also who tried to tell me that ALL mesh cases were bogus. So sorry for what you’re going through.

7. Angela says:

As I read these stories, all I can do is cry. Vaginal mesh has destroyed my life as well as these other women. My heart aches for them. Believe me, I understand. In 2010, my life was forever changed when I received my vaginal mesh implant. I was 33 years old. I am currently the youngest vaginal mesh implant person my ob/gyn has treated. I have had many revision surgeries, the most recent was just 2 months ago for prolapse yet again. Every single day of my life I have pain. I deal with chronic bacterial infections, multiple surgeries, loss of income, lost jobs, lost time with my children, I have lost my life. I have literally lost everything. I can no longer function in “normal” society, because I do not, and am afraid I will not ever feel normal again. The pain has taken away my Ability to ever have children again. It started with one ovary that they “suspected” caused the pain. So they removed that. Then they thought maybe it was my uterus that was causing the pain so they removed that. Still had the pain. And finally, they removed my last ovary because they thought that was the cause of the pain. So now I am 37. I am in surgical menopause. I have to take hormones daily just so my hair doesn’t fall out and guess what? I STILL HAVETHE PAIN!! WHY? BECAUSE A PORTION OF THE MESH IS STILL INSIDE ME! They lied to me and said there was basically no risk involved with the mesh, that the only risks were the “normal” surgical complications. My ob/gyn assured me I would have no problems with the mesh because I was really young, and the only people who had problems with the mesh were elderly woman because and I quote “the elderly do not heal as well as you young ones do” which was obviously a lie. I have had multiple erosions, severe scar tissue build ups that also caused inflammation on my female organs. I have had too many uti’s to count. I do not even feel like a woman anymore. I cannot have sex without pain so I just dont. I feel like my partner deserves more than I can offer to him, and that he deserves better than this. I feel like we both do. I also found out that I was Parr of a blind study that my doctor at the time was doing on the benefits of the mesh. The only reason I even know this is because her kind nurse let it slip to me one day as I sat crying in her office. I feel like a ruined piece of garbage. They should have told us. They should have warned us of the complications. They should be liable for their negligence. The united states supreme court should make it ILLEGAL to insert mesh products into a human body! According to statistics I still have an average of approx 50 years left in my life. The thought of having to live with the side effects of this mesh in my body for the rest of my life terrifies and traumatizes me. I honestly don’t know if I can do it. My kids deserve their mom back. My partner deserves his fiancee back, and I DESERVE MY LIFE BACK! WE ALL DO! I PRAY DAILY THAT SOMEONE FINDS A WAY TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN FOR ALL OF US! I wonder how these manufacturers sleep in there beds at night knowing what they have done not only to me but thousands and thousands of women. If it were their own mothers, daughters, sisters, wives etc how they would feel. If another human being had knowingly and purposefully posed harm to or harmed me they would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I want someone to tell me why these manufactures are not held up to the same legal standards. I wish good luck to all of the other vaginal mesh victims (and yes, we are victims) of the vaginal mesh manufacturers. May we all find a way to be able to live again.

Angela– Do you have competent medical help? Have you gathered your medical records and do you have insurance to travel? I’m assuming you may have to seek a competent doctor who understands because it seems you have not received adequate help. If you want, please pose a question on the Facebook page associated with this site so women can reach out to you with their recommendations as to who has helped them. If you want, you can contact me at janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com and I will try to connect you with a patient advocate…I’m so sorry this has happened…~ ja

• Janet B says:

Angela, my husband and I were just having this conversation yesterday. About whether younger women have more or fewer problems with mesh implants. I was 40 years old when mine was implanted 4 years ago. A happy, healthy, active wife and mom to our four kids. In fact, my urologist said I was “the healthiest person he had ever done a mesh sling surgery on.” My bladder prolapsed while I was out for my daily run, and I had just mild SUI. He talked me into the mesh surgery, and at the time, there were no warnings out there. But back to our age discussion. We were thinking maybe younger women react more strongly to the mesh – our bodies are healthier and stronger, and maybe our foreign body response is stronger as well. Our pelvic muscles are stronger, so (at least in my case) they go into a tight charlie-horse-like spasm as a reaction to the mesh invasion – and because the muscles are strong, it is very hard to relax them once they’re in spasm. Mine took 15 months of daily pelvic floor physical therapy, along with nerve blocks, to finally relax after my mesh was removed. Many of my mom’s friends, ladies in their 70s, have had mesh slings with absolutely no problem at all. I wonder, if someday someone studies this, if they’ll find that the worst mesh reactions/complications are found in the youngest, healthiest women.

8. kristine says:

Sandy. Its as if you took the words out of my mouth. I completely understand. I cry every time I read the effects of this mesh. I suffer every day minute after minute.its like knives pieces of glass are cutting and stabbing me. I had the AMS monarch sling. When I lay down it hurts when I stand up it hurts. I can’t find comfort. I have had infection after infection. So many hospital stays. I feel like I have a weight in my vagina and rectum. Life will never be or feel as I knew it. No sex no fun… all I do is cry. I started seeing a counselor psychologist a month ago because I’m so confused , I have so much anxiety, fear , sadness and anger. She says I have PTSD from mesh and a constant fear of dying.everything just feels so wrong. I see several doctors on a regular basis. A pain specialist a neurologist who says I have pretty bad nerve damage. A Gyn due to vaginal and rectal infections. I have thigh hip and rectal and bad burning in my foot I cannot sit or lean onto my left side or my left buttox. My physical therapist says my pelvis is out of alignment due to leaning on my right side of my body . My surgeon cannot do surgery to remove the mesh which will only be a partial until I complete pelvic floor therapy. For insurance reasons. I can’t stand knowing that my surgeon can only remove part of the mesh , she says the part of mesh in my groin is difficult to remove and it could cause me to bleed to death. Every time I see a commercial which I see a lot now about mesh I panic and have to change the channel. I feel every one of the women writing comments pain and suffering. God bless you all stay strong. We will win this fight.

9. stopmeshimplants says:

Kristine,

Please be careful about getting a partial mesh removal. I wish I had not done that. I had such bad fibromyalgia symptoms after that surgery. When I went to another surgeon, one of the best, he said he wished I had not done a partial removal. It made his job more difficult to locate remaining mesh once it had been cut. . Be sure to ask questions about partial removals. Take care.

• Kitty says:

Thank you for that information. I believe I had the full mesh removed from sling–and heaps of scar tissue removed from failed posterior mesh. I still have POP and I believe I may die young with it in me. I am 69 and most likely will not survive that surgery. My father lived until 96–when he was my age he was unstoppable. I should not be in this shape with my genes.

10. kristine says:

Thank you . I’m trying to get disability benefits. So I will be able to go see DR. RAZ if I do but if I do not. Im stuck with medical. This sucks. I cannot work either.

11. Stacey says:

I have been reading this site for several months now and feel compelled to post today. I too have been suffering since 2002 when I first had the SPARC sling implanted. Nine surgeries later…..and worse than I was before this all began…..I completely understand how you all feel. To those feeling desperate, please reach out for help…..your families need you!

12. Lana Keeton says:

Please do not portray women as “crazy” in the quotes with Barbie dolls on the home page.

It feeds right into the narrative the mesh manufacturers want…”It’s all in your head. ” and all the other classic denials of the substantive complications of mesh.

This takes advantage of women’s most intimate feelings, disrespecting and demeaning them.

There are plenty of ways to influence Congress without exploiting their profound sadness at being so injured.

Please fight for women in a way that protects them.

13. pam says:

lana, I HAD A PRO MESH DOCTOR JUST THIS WEEK TELL ME HE WOULD MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A PSYCHIATRIST FOR ME. He was so nice as he walked me to his appointment receptionist, after telling me I had no infections, your urine is clear, I SAID THEN WHY HAVE i BEEN IN AGONY SINCE THAT SURGERY ,WHEN YOU PUT ME TO SLEEP, That INFECTION DID NOT SHOW UP ON URINE TEST? I said I was in agony last night , didn’t sleep because of infection, he said oh I will give you a prescription for that, (urine clear? no infection? now who needs the psychiatrist?) I told his secretary, I SAID NO, HE WALKED AWAY, I SAID THIS WHAT i am going through is real, not in my mind at all, it is hell. do not make that appointment. and left. he also said my infections for over 5 years now and pain was not caused by mesh. I AM NOT CRAZY, BUT SOME PEOPLE DO HAVE MENTAL PROBLEMS WITH LYING,

SOMETIMES i think I AM THE ONLY ONE GOING THROUGH THE HELL WITH DOCTORS AND MESH, I COME HERE, to see others that have similar stories of hell the mesh has caused them. IT IS A WONDER ANY OF US HAVE ANY MIND AT ALL LEFT. i have prayed , God, you have got to hold my mind together or I am going to snap. I AM AFRAID TO DRIVE , NOW, i am wobbly from weak, and all doctors in records say i appear to be healthy. what is healthy? I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE THAT LOOKED HEALTHY TO ME, BUT are suffering , in pain.

I AM 1 THAT REFUSES TO BE DOPED UP, god willing I WANT TO SEE THIS THROUGH, WITH OUT STRONG , MEDS. i might feel like noah, after the storm passed, (I don’t even like alcohol, don’t drink) after putting up with all he did on that boat, (it happens) I’D HAVE TO GET DRUNK TOO.

I WONDER IF THE ATTORNEYS FEEL THIS WAY TOO? i cry enough, sometimes I need a laugh. THINK OF IT THIS WAY WE ARE ON THE SAME BOAT, CAN YOU IMAGINE THINGS GET TOUCHY WITH THOUSANDS OF WOMEN, I WISH THE THOUSANDS OF US COULD SHOW UP TO 1 OF JUDGE GOODWINS COURT’S ON MESH. think he would allow a mesh woman then to tell all the hell she has been through not holding anything back with mesh. Jane this is where we come to gather. through anger, frustration, pain and , to tell each other we are not crazy. how could this minor surgery destroy our life? shows our bodies reject what is not suppose to be in them, what this is made of, and we can’t get out. trust gone with medical. GOD HELP US.

THE JUDGE’S ALSO NEED TO AWARD ALL WOMEN A LIFE TIME SUPPLY OF DIAPERS, THE SURGERY DOESN’T STOP LEAKAGE, IT GETS MUCH WORSE. THAT STUFF GETS EXPENSIVE.

• Kitty says:

Pam I went to my Primary Dr this week. . He told me the cramping and spasms were the inflammatory process—caused from the scarring. Somehow or other we have to get the right surgeon.

14. pam says:

STORIES OF ANGER! i was cussing more than any back 2 years ago.women like me wanting to know what had happened to them, what to do, what would help, home remedies, HELP, WHERE DO i GO, WE WANTED ANSWERS, THAT DOCTORS WERE NOT TELLING US, . SO IGNORANT TO WHAT THE MESH WAS DOING, PAINS WE WERE HAVING , WHY. INFECTIONS WON’T GO AWAY. i tried so many home remedies, nothing worked. victimes yes we are, victims of mesh, BUT WE ALSO ARE SOME THAT HAS SURVIVED. SOME DID NOT, HOLD ON. i have gone through not wanting to live with mesh, too, the infections and pain gets to you.

Jane has listened to all of us for years , FOR SOME THE BATTLE IN COURTS ARE OVER, BUT THE MESH DAMAGE WILL NEVER BE OVER. IT’S LIFE TIME DAMAGE, DONE PURPOSELY FOR THE GREED OF MONEY AND THOSE THAT ABUSED THEIR POSITION OF POWER AND AUTHORITY AND LIED.

15. Lsp says:

Not that I wouldwish my experience on anyone else, but if our legal representative, the judges, jurors, and of course the FDA, and executives of our Mesh makers could feel the pain, and live the frustrations we live daily, only for a short time, maybe they would take them off the market. And help us, and for Gods sake, not inflict this on anyone else.

16. Stacey says:

I am a daughter of a mother whom is scared and concerned for how this is now affecting my poor mom and have read all your comments. She today told me she never knew there was a website that showed everyone’s experiences on this damn mesh(excuse me) and what it has done to all of you! I am so scared for her and why she has been going through and what she will continue to deal with. She thought something was just wrong with her and that mentally it messed with her wondering if she was the only one and thankful now that she isn’t. (Crying) I definitely don’t want to lose her and neither of my other siblings would want that. She isn’t herself at times because she wakes up feeling like her period has hit her everyday(the cramps) and it is just the weak product that was inserted into her body. Not realizing that this would effect her for the rest of her life as well as her family and my father. Whom has been very understanding and would never leave her side thanks be to God. I appreciate the words that have been left by all of you brave women! God bless you all and thank you.

STacey- She is NOT alone… there are probably 100,000 lawsuits filed in this country by women just like her. This dark chapter in medicine continues today as women are still implanted with polypropylene mesh which was considered experimental at the time it was launched. That didn’t stop it. Mesh makers profit and the public suffers and the trials are taking their time. ~ ja

17. Kim Z. says:

My life will never be the same, my husband will never have a healthy sex life with his wife and has looked to other women to fill his needs because his wife was no longer able. My family is forever destroyed and my children and grand children will suffer the loss of family, separation of affection, love and financial support of belonging to a real family. I on the other hand know that my future will be without the love of a man as I am unable to have a heathy sex life without pain and spasms that cause me to urinate during intercourse. I will never be able to empty my bladder without the use of a catheter. I will live with chronic bacteria infections and nerve pain. I will live in fear all alone and I am only 51 years old. This was not gods plan for my life.

Kim Z- I’m so sorry… you might want to consult with folks on the Facebook page attached to this site. many in your area may have found adequate doctors since it sounds like you need intervention. Contact me if you need more….~ ja

18. Jan Urban says:

My mind and eyes are the most active part of me these days. I look around my home and gardens daily with the thought. Maybe today I’ll wash the dishes, weed the garden, go for a walk, sweep the floor. Only to find it is easier said then done. Yesterday I tried to drive to Akron from Canton to a Pretesting appointment for Exploratory Surgery on the 15th . I went a few miles and the Vertigo was such I turned around and came back home. Maybe tomorrow I say. My legs, feet and abdomen have been swelling up as soon as I get up. People ask me how am I? My reply is,” I feel awful just awful”. What can you say to a Mesh Survivor? Let’s all Live for Today…….and Dream for Tomorrow..Jan Urban

19. Janet B says:

There is hope, though. i’ve felt all of the feelings described in the posts above. Every single one. I felt the pain of a rough piece of plastic sawing through my vagina and urethra. The pain of my pelvic muscles going into a giant charlie-horse-like spasm because of the mesh. The pain of having to try to self-cath when the mesh cut off the flow of my urine through my urethra. And I think worst of all, the emotional and psychological pain of having many, many doctors tell me that I was crazy. That I “shouldn’t be in this much pain” and that the pain was in my head. But that was 4 years ago. And I’m here to tell you that it can get better – there is hope!!! Full and total removal of the mesh can change your life – it did mine. It’s been a long journey. But the turning point for me was the full mesh removal. That is when that grating, sharp, cutting, steel-wool type pain disappeared. Pelvic physical therapy and nerve blocks for 15 months after mesh removal worked well to get that “charlie horse” spasm out of my pelvic muscles. Other surgeries took care of neuromas/nerve damage, Bartholin gland infected cysts, and Pelvic Congestion Syndrome (vulvar varicose veins) – all of which were caused by the mesh. But here I am, 4 years later. I can’t sit yet, or have sex – those things may never happen. And I still take some pain meds – but just a fraction of what I used to need. But I can walk – I walk 3-4 miles at a time for exercise now! I can pee on my own, with no pain, no retention. And I actually have some moments during each day where I feel pretty darned good – even pain free, occasionally. I will never be the same woman I was pre-mesh. I have accepted that. But I’ve spent every single moment of the past 4-1/2 years trying to get as close as possible to the woman I was. Remembering what the pain felt like when mesh was inside me, and reading all of your comments, I am very grateful that I’ve come this far. Please don’t give up. It is possible to improve. Maybe not get back to perfect – but at least get to a point where you can enjoy your life. If you need a private support group, please join us at tvtno.org’s facebook support group. If you want more info on pelvic physical therapy, nerve blocks, or pelvic congestion syndrome, email me at janet4554@gmail.com. I don’t work outside the home anymore, mesh took that from me. But my “work” is now helping other women who suffer with mesh complications. <3

Thank you so much Janet. Really strong women often take their pain and turn it into helping others so thank you. Do you have some adequate doctors to share with others? That is so much needed. ~ ja

20. Tracey Ryan-Smith says:

I, like these women documented here, will never have the life I’ve had prior to my surgery in 2010. I was chosen as one of the bellwether cases for Johnson & Johnson, and was actually deposed by one of their attorneys here in St. Louis. When I tell you the amount of restraint it took to contain my composure as this female attorney asked me what did I want her client to do for me was purely based on my faith in a Power greater than myself. My entire life has been turned upside down. I quit working, divorced my husband. Went on anti-depressants, and sought therapy. I also consulted with Dr. Veronikis for possible removal and was informed that 1) I probably should not have even had the implant due to women of color not suffering stress incontinence, but rather urge incontinence, and 2) he was uninterested in treating me because my complications weren’t serious. Whew! Albeit I have not had some of the damage that my other sisters suffer, I have constant infections, bleeding, psychological confusion, and a fear if having a healthy sec life. I’m not sure how many women of color (I’m s 50 year old African-American) are going through this? But I am beginning to suspect that our sufferings are being diminished. I pray my suspicions are false, but I have not heard anything to calm my doubts.

21. Janet B says:

If any of you ladies are on Facebook, please join our closed (private) women-only support group for mesh injured ladies. It is called Women’s POP/SUI TvMesh Complications Support. There are 300+ intelligent, caring, supportive women who help each other every day.

22. Julie B. says:

I was told by my ob/gyn that I didn’t have the type of mesh that caused all the problems. That my implants could not be the cause of my high WBC count for the past 8 years. That the stabbing pain I feel when I feel the urge to urinate was not normal with the tvt sling. I also wonder if these implants played a role in the development of fibromyalgia. I am only 42 and I feel like I should be 70.

I’m so sorry your doctor is ignorant. The question- is it a polypropylene implant? if so, regardless of the name, it potentially is causing your problems. You doctor is ignoring you as a person and a patient. Just what kind of mesh does he think causes problems? A little too much CYA it sounds like. …. just my opinion of course. Perhaps all of these polypropylene mesh implant complications are just a good coincidence. Please get in to see an expert in mesh complications and do not undergo a partial explant because often they leave the patient in worse shape. janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com

23. Shirley says:

There are so many doctors ignorant to the fact that they still believe implanting these devices helped many women overcome bladder issues when the issues and concerns was never discussed along with the risks. I was first implanted in 2004 J & J Gynacare now witht that being said it was extracted as a defective device partially mind you with no hope of ever totally removing it with future surgeries in mind. But the shame of all of it is the scar tissues build and intwine causing much 24/7 pain no medications can relieve. Sometimes feels like your in labor not to mention partial hysterectomy and yet you bleed every now and then plus the infections can be overwelming. Not once does your mind think that your body is going to heal itself when theres so many complications from what was suppose to be put there to help control urination yet is slowly killing you. Never have a been able to tell a pain med doctor my pain level was under 6. After all like anything else pain becomes part of life right? How many of these people who work for or have family members by these Companies have the same treatments we do and was successful? My guess would be less than 1 percent. They know thats why they destroyed the evidence but we have the proof because when they were extracted what{ little mind you they could remove}, is all the evidence victims like myself need. Two different Vaginal Mesh Implants two partial removals. No matter what we will never truly live the rest of our life normally I lost relationships because I couldnt stand the thought of someone going there so how and what are these companies like J&J Ethicon waiting on. Mine was discovered in 2012 implant was in 2004 yet another case sits on a back burner.