Welcome to Mesh News Desk

Jane Akre, editor MND

Jane Akre, editor MND

MND, November 1, 2015 ~ Welcome to Mesh News Desk, AKA Mesh Medical Device News Desk.   For more than four years now, this effort has focused on putting a face on the mesh-injuries suffered by thousands of people globally. It should be front-page news.  It is not.  The injuries come from the use of polypropylene mesh for treatment of pelvic floor prolapse, hernias and incontinence.

It’s quite clear with hundreds of thousands of injuries globally that there is a problem with the polypropylene. Numerous trials have uncovered the material shrinks, erodes and harbors bacteria. Anecdotally, many report they developed autoimmune issues after they received their mesh implant. Frightening when you consider it is still used today by mainstream doctors. Even meshes already found to be defectively designed in a court of law are still used by many doctors who view mesh as an improvement over old fashioned suture reinforcement or using a patient’s own fascia to reinforce weakened tissue.

The use of mesh has become a front line defense rather than a last effort. Even our U.S. Food and Drug Administration says the risks may outweigh the benefits!

It’s quite clear that many readers are new to the issues and there will be more stories upcoming on the basics of mesh.  Please use the search option to research your topic of interest. Join the mailing list to receive an occasional newsletter. Mesh News Desk 200

Settlement talks are underway with four of five manufacturers and many women are finding their case is worth virtually nothing. Remember when you sign a settlement document, you agree not to disclose anything and you agree not to pursue legal remedies in the future for any mesh-related injuries. Think carefully about what you are throwing away. Many women insist their case go forward to trial, no matter how long that may take.

This is not just a U.S. problem as we export our mesh products globally and the number of pelvic mesh injured women exceed 100,000 globally.

Pudendal Nerve, YouTube

Pudendal Nerve, YouTube

If you have not checked into it, please consider a further medical workup for pudendal nerve damage.  Life Care Solutions and Dr. Greg Vigna, who is a sponsor, is offering to work with your law firm on that diagnosis and a life care plan to outline your medical needs in the future. The dollar amounts will be considered as part of your settlement before the Special Master.

Dr. Christopher Walker of Orlando is also a sponsor. A caring, kind and compassionate doctor, he understands mesh injuries and is very willing to lend his expertise to consult with you.  Click on his photo to contact him.

There are now 85,000 lawsuits filed in one court, consolidated before Judge Joseph Goodwin in Charleston, WV.  That will be the location of many of the upcoming trials.  Expect rallies outside of the court.

As a publisher, Mesh News Desk will do what it can to provide information to empower those injured.  This is not intended to substitute for advice from your law firm (your editor is not a lawyer or a doctor). Law firms are welcome to issue a press release to their clients and reach thousands of readers a day through this website.  Mesh News Desk is not a legal referral service.

Our policy is to label sponsored content as such. Comments on this site may result in enrollment in a Mesh Newsletter, which is published occasionally. Please consider writing for Mesh News Desk. You can remain anonymous.  Your opinions are welcomed and valued.

Federal courthouse, Charleston, WV

Federal courthouse, Charleston, WV

PayPal donations are much appreciated. See Page One for the link.

Stay well everyone. I’d love to hear your thoughts.   Let’s carry on shall we?

Your editorial assistants! Ella, Bruiser and Peanut

Your editorial assistants! Ella, Bruiser and Peanut

~ Jane Akre, Editor and editorial assistants

Mesh News Desk

janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com

1. Bejah Blue says:

Indeed, let’s carry on. The defendants will believe that we will wear down, fall away and as the statues close, our numbers will be reduced as victims give up, die or become to sick to participate in our community as they may wish to. What I see is a healthy refusal to settle in many cases, despite the odds of a just outcome, and a healthy commitment to an issue that is both intensely personal and also far larger than one own life. We do not know what the future will bring in many respects. Perhaps it will that this issue will be a catalyst for the change we want to see in this country, and even in the larger world. What are the voices that call for less government intervention in free enterprise, in Capitalism? When we think about individual rights and our nations founding documents we fold into the individual rights arguments, and sense the appropriateness of fewer government controls but is that the best thing for the people? Clearly these bad corporate citizens are out of control, and do not have the best interests of the people at heart, or the common good. We need more government control of corporate America, not less. Corporations whine about not being able to grow their businesses and so create jobs, etc. But those jobs…are they in this country? No, they are in other nations where the labor and other costs of doing business are lower. We need more “good” government control, not less. Corporations should serve the nation, not the other way around. This seems to me the only way to stop the abuses that cause our suffering.

Bejah

• Still Standing says:

Bejah…just to put a different perspective on your post. Corporations dont exist to serve the people. They exist in a capitalistic society to generate a return on investment for the shareholders. Charitable organizations have an ethical purpose to serve, but not corporations. Their purpose is to produce products and that is driven by the consumer demand. One of the reasons corporations in the US have high costs is government regulation, especially their exposure to litigation. Below is an interesting link,that discusses product liability laws in other countries and they are very very different. There generally is no pretrial discovery and lawsuits are heard and decided by a judge, not a jury. Punitive damages are not allowed and class actions are limited.. Im not saying that this lets corporations off the hook for their terrible decisions and actions, but we do need to keep in mind that in most other counties, the ability to seek damages is very limited and that our legal system, while flawed, still provides its citizens the most generous opportunity to recover damages. It is hard to step back and take that in objectively but I think we should from time to time. I am thankful that US citizens do have the ability to seek reprimand for product liability in a way that is not permitted in other countries.

Goodpoint Still Standing,,, we hear from mesh women in New Zealand for example and they have NO recourse. Instead the govt. bails out the corporations by paying a modest compensation rate to citizens when they are harmed. But with corporations commanding more power and even “personhood” we have to ask where are the checks and balances? A $40k settlement check hardly represents the cost of doing bad business. So essentially aren’t we allowing corporations to outsource their downside and reap the rewards of the upside? Does this represent to shareholders the REAL value of the company? Are taxpayers picking up the tab for bad behavior? When will we evolve to the point where bad behavior is punished to the degree it represents, ie prison time? Just some thoughts…..

• Still Standing says:

I guess we will evolve when victims dont put a monetary value on their injuries and will settle for the government initiating criminal charges. The payback will be the satisfaction of knowing someone is paying for the actions with prison time and not a settlement check. It really cant be both ways. I know Im not there yet.

2. Jaque 10 says:

I need help with my attorneys, the manufacturer will not discuss my case and it maybe dismissed, this means I cannot get any medical cost, what it has cost me so far and for revision surgery. I would like to contact Dr Greg Vigna or Dr Christopher Walker mentioned above for some advice? I have had to go it alone all of these years and now my last hope is fading as it seems I am being thrown on the rubbish tip, I cant even claim my costs up to date, let alone 11 wasted ruined years of my life. If anyone can give me any advice I would be grateful. P.S. My mesh was pulled off the market in 2007 because of serious complications it caused, Had it been recalled I would have been entitled to revision surgery free of charge.

• Bejah Blue says:

Jaque, I think you need to tell us more or connect us to previous posts so we understand your situation and can then hopefully offer advice, etc. Are you in England? Personally, I have a very good feeling about Dr. Vigna and he seems so generous with his time and knowledge. I am sure you will be treated kindly by his office. So very sorry hear this devestating news about your case. It is not unexpected from these defendants. It is what they seek in all cases. Can you tell us the basis on which the dismissal might be based? Is it something you suspect will happen or something that you know has happened? Praying for you this day and I will light a candle when I go to church Sunday. If you do not see a great response here to your post remember that all of us carry a terrible burden now and sometimes we can not be the good communicators we want to be. Blessings,

Bejah

• Jaque10 says:

To Bejah Blue,

Thank you for your reply, I am desperate just for advice on USA litigation which I am involved in for product liability, no one is even replying, I cant say too much in public for obvious reasons so could I speak with you in private? I do not know who to turn to just for practical advice everyone who supposedly says they offer advice in private do not even reply to my emails.

I do janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com where are you located?

• Jaque10 says:

I am in the UK, I qualified for USA attorneys because I had some surgery to do with mesh in the USA. I need to speak with someone who can give me advice on USA litigation in private, this is for obvious reasons. I am very ill now and do not really want to die in silence, I have had to suffer in silence for years along with I am sure millions of others before me.

Can anyone offer me any advice on this matter in private.

Sure janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com I’m not a doctor or lawyer so any conversation is just based on my talks with others and is not advice.

3. Debbie Edwards says:

Jane, thank you for all your time and work!!!

Do you have any information on the rally in Dec. I would love to go, but I would not be able to help the whole time. So if there is going to be a rally I am wondering if it will be set up in schedule times.

4. stopmeshimplants says:

Thank you, Jane. I appreciate all that you do for all of us.

5. Jolind says:

If the mess has so many problems. How to you find a Dr. the will fix it without using mess to fix it? I am having trouble fining one that will help and fix it without using mesh. I don’t want to keep going through this.

Check out the docs on this site who are good at removals. Where are you located? do you have your medical notes so you know what you are dealing with? janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com

• Connie says:

Jolind,

I had my mesh removed (tot by coloplast) by Dr Miklos. He removed all of it except what was in my groin. He replaced it with the birch sling. The birch is the old way before they started using poly. Slings. It is working great for me. I had it put in June 2 2015. I highly recommend Dr. Miklos. You can find his info on the mesh medical device news desk website. I hope this might help.

I must add though I still have pain in my groin and hips were the poly mesh still is. It was dangerous to have it removed from there because it goes through layers of muscle and nerves. I don’t know which one would have been better taking it out or having the pain of it in? I have tested positive for auto immune disease. I am damned if I do and damned if I don’t on figuring out if I should have left it in my groin. The poly mesh is not suppose to be in a humans body. Which probably is why I tested positive for auto immune disease. As each day goes by I pray to God that no more women have a poly sling put in. I am very verbal to everyone I speak to. I let them know of its danger and that it should be outlawed. I also pray for everyone that has this awful mesh in their body. It sickens me that the FDA has not put a stop to it!

Sincerely,

Connie

Connie- when you say you’ve tested positive for autoimmune disease, what do you mean? Lupus?

• Connie says:

Jane,

My ANA blood work came back positive by 2 separate test. Then my Doctor referred me to a Rheumatologist. Which I went to and she did more blood work. She has not ruled out Lupus but did say my ESR test came back high. ERS has to do with inflamation. So as of now she wants me to have more blood work. This is all a learning game for me. Autoimmune disease was a new word to me. Thank God for the internet. That is were I find all the information for all the abbreviation and new words concerning my health. I never knew that damn mesh would cause me to have all these problems. I always was in good health until it was put into my body. 🙂

Connie

6. Patricia from Orlando says:

Dear Jane:

Thank you for all your hard work and information. I find this page extremely valuable. However, I have to alert you that I keep reading about Dr. Walker being such a caring physician specialized in the subject right here in Orlando. I wanted to consult him to get his expert advice about the problems I am still suffering.

He also is in my insurance network, so I decided to try to schedule an appointment.

When I originally called his office, the receptionist told me that if my case involved a mesh I needed to talk to somebody else in the office. She stated she was going to proceed to transfer me and that if the employee was not there to leave her a message and she would call me back. I left a detailed message and repeated my phone number three (3) times. I waited two weeks with no response. So I tried to call again, the phone rang and rang with no answer or a chance to leave a message.

I gave up. I am not sure the staff at Dr. Walker cares enough if they cannot return a call.

Let me point I am a Medical Practice Manager for the last 25 years, I think I am very familiar with policies and procedures when dealing with patients. I would not tolerate any staff member being dismissive of a patient that needs care.

I think the only way you can get to Dr. Walker is by scheduling online through a third party called ZocDoc, where you have to disclose information I do not care to disclose. I had an unrelated experience with ZocDoc and I found them not very professional in their dealings.

I hesitated to write this comment, but I thought other women might have the same experience and I wanted to let them know they are not alone.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

7. so so sick says:

Thanks Jane for everything.

ok ladies, I have to write this. This is not only the best advice I personally have ever given anyone, it is also the worse!!!!!

My daughter begged, and begged and begged me NOT yes that is correct, NOT to have reversal surgery to remove the mesh.

Yes, I was in pain, suffering and everything that went with mesh death while you are still alive, and I am still going through those problems.

BUT, the surgery has taken more out of me now. I am so sick every minute of every single day. I can’t go into details as I have to remain anonymous, but please, be careful if you decide to have reverse surgery. Research everything that could happen to you afters. IMHO, once the beast is disturbed, the effects fly into our immune systems and into our blood and -lymphonic systems.

if you are not in really good shape, or are older than 50, or if you smoke, or if you are over weight, you better think a hundred times before you have the mesh taken out. Doctors STILL WILL NOT TALK ABOUT MESH!

8. so so sick says:

Jane,

The commercials are running on TV again, and every time that happens, mesh victims are treated worse at doctors and hospitals. The commercials are so cheesy and it makes it look like you can just pick up the phone and become an instant millionaire.

Not true at all.

Attorneys, please listen: Make the commercials more like the pharma companies do with not so much like you are selling a car on July 4th, instead of helping women who are sick and dying.

Stop screaming. You can do a lot better in 20-30 seconds than what is being played. It makes us look like the car crash victims who want justice instead of the sick and dying mesh victims that we are. Don’t these attorneys have PR people?

How can they take on more victims and cases when there are thousands that are still waiting to be processed?

If you need an attorney, what to do? Well, I am an expert on that now. Jane, how can I help?

9. Greg Vigna says:

Received a call from a woman with all the symptoms and dysfunction consistent with pudendal neuralgia who was formally dropped by her lawyer for ‘breakdown in client-attorney relationship’ that just happened to be when she refused to accept a settlement. That attorney lien for ‘value of settlement’ will follow her and make things potentially difficult going forward.

If she had the ‘diagnosis of pudendal neuralgia’ there is an argument that ‘ethically’ the lawyer can’t drop her because from an economic standpoint the case is viable out of the litigation or if prepared for the Special Master can potentially receive acceptable compensation. Potentially it is Legal Malpractice to drop a client with a case that is economically viable to take forward.

PLEASE LADIES if you are in the worst 1-2% get evaluated by capable doctors. As a Life Care Planner and Expert in Pudendal Neuralgia with that diagnosis I can provide a letter regarding ‘ball-park’ future care or do a formal ‘trail ready’ Life Care Plan with a Letter of Protection. ‘Letter’ would likely be enough to put the lawyer ‘on notice’ that you mean business, a Life Care Plan is needed for the Special Master for binding or non-binding situation, based on the Settlement.

PLEASE LADIES, understand effect of the RELEASE as it pertains to your Settlement.

10. Ana says:

I have had two pudendal block injection and now I am scheduled for pudendal radiofrequency injection. At first when I spoke to my case manager she told me it might not be relevant to my case. I insisted that she files it in my case anyway,

how could I know if she did it? Could you explain a life care plan.

11. Connie says:

Jane,

I must Thank you so much for you and this website. It has helped me so much to not feel alone with all my health problems from this awful mesh.

My doctor that put the mesh in gave me the wrong information. When I contacted their office they told me I had a Boston Scientific tot. Later when my lawyer received the information from the hospital I found out it was made by Coloplast. Can you please tell me if you have any information on any settlements that may be coming from Coloplast mesh implants? I researched all about Boston Scientific and now have not seen much about coloplast. Your site only has info from 2014.

Any new information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Connie

This is just what I hear Connie …Coloplast – has been in the settlement mode since Day One. But they’ve not had much discussion of settlement with Plaintiffs’ lawyers. Now they are in the speed up mode. The Judge says if significant progress is not made in the MDL he will put a half docket in the fast track for work up. It would be on the trial dockets in early 2016. A Minnesota judge is pushing discovery. Expect to see trials next year….. Sorry I don’t really have any more details.

• Emmie says:

HI Jane:

Do you know how many Prolifts were implanted before Ethicon removed them from the market in 2012?

And how many Prolift cases made it to trial as of this date?

Any info you can give me would be appreciated.

I have

I really do not know how many trials are Prolift. Linda Gross case was a Prolift. I believe Wicker was but that just settled. Only J&J knows how many Prolift meshes it sold. You can still find them for sale on ebay… even though they are off the market, in the U.S. alone I believe.

12. kitty says:

Generally a rheumatologist can make a diagnosis for autoimmune disease. Whether it is related to polypropylene mesh is another question. But because there was a warning from Chevron Phillips not to implant permanently is the key.

13. janet says:

Will we ever see anything from these manufacturers

It’s so sad that they butchered us and we are receiving nothing from them not even an apology for there mistake

My attorneys office advised me that Boston scientific will not settle they want to go to trial. The also advised me that it could take another 7,8 to 10 years

I find this very sad that our health is nothing to these manufacturers. .

When will it ever be over really are will it

• Greg Vign says:

Lectured the Department of Neurology/neurosurgery/psychiatry at University of Indiana yesterday. Very well received.

Topic: Pudendal Neuralgia Before and After Mesh Debacle.

• Barb says:

Greg, how I would have loved to have seen your presentation!! It is my understanding that no matter what we have been diagnosed with only certain things are being CONSIDERED!! They are going to continue to come across cases where they don’t fit in the category’s or tiers. They are not educated/nor appear to embrace anything that was not in the settlement talks! They already had in place exactly was going to be compensated and not!! Where it is noted that I have had injections and stated for mesh pain/nerve damage/Pudendal nerve damage/Life care plan in place they don’t/won’t put me in a different category however I can refuse my settlement!!

14. ana says:

Dr. Greg Vgna I went to the foot doctor yesterday because, I haven’t been able to hardly walk on my left foot. He told me that I have plantar fasciitis. Now i have to take prescribed anti inflamatory pill for three weeks, in addition to needing radiofrequency ablation injections on my pudendal nerve. Do you think this come from the fact that I have been limping from my left leg due to pudendal nerve pain? On the brochure he gave me I read its caused by poor foot mechanics. Now not only I am suffering from pelvic pain, left leg pain but. also excrutiating pain in the bottom of my foot.

15. kitty says:

The sacral nerves have control over feet. U need a neurologist. Maybe the shots hurt your nerves. It’s the ” gift that keeps on going g”

16. Vicki richardt says:

I went to the doctor cause it seem this sling doesntvwork anymore .I was told they cant remove it .so now what do. I’m stuck with it and nothing can be done. So I guess I live life peeing on myself the rest of my life. Or wearing a diaper at the age of 51 . are you serious . its bad enough I cant have sex like I’d like to now this other problem . this is all crazy .

17. Kitty says:

Does anyone have any information on the use of doppler to check how much urine you have in your bladdfer rather than just straight cathing? How accurate are the ultra sound for urinre retention?

18. Kitty says:

Does scar tissue affect post void residual results from bladder scanner? PLEASE reply asap

• Still Standing says:

My urogynecologist frequently doppler scans my bladder to check for post voidal retention. It is highly accurate. Generally, if you retain more than 150, you are not emptying your bladder properly. Generally, this is a muscle problem, but scarring from Hunners ulcers, which are readily identified in a cystogram, could possible impact post voiding retention. At my worst point, I was retaining 400-500. I dont register the message that I have to go. An er trip after one awful mesh surgery revealed more than 1600 in my bladder. Very painful to say the least.

• Greg Vign says:

It shouldn’t. We have been using bladder scanners for about 15 years in Rehab. Sometimes they get off but accuracy but we call the vendor and they get fixed.

19. kitty says:

It is odd that straight Cathi g shows higher residual. Then the new Dr used scanner and post was very low. May be I’m suddenly getting better

20. Kitty says:

Ladies be very careful of what is being done. The post void scanner was NOT done right, I have had this done previously and this new Dr I went to –his nurse did not do the scan prioperly. She pressed it–or should I say tapped it on my Right side and got an immediate answer—much -lower than I have ever been. . I do not buy the results because I know it was not done right, I have had many scans and this is not how it was done.

21. kitty says:

More drama–‘so I called the clinic a d asked about their scanner. If your a woman with hysterectomy– they scan u under male. I told them I do t trust their scanner. It’s way off my norm.

• Still Standing says:

So Kitty, what is it you are trying to diagnose with the bladder scan? Im sure operator error is possible ascwith any sonagraph type test. Give some more information. Im Interested to hear your experience with this.

• kitty says:

I

SS. I don’t really care if I have 30vc or 400

This was a new 2nd dr I was seei g and it just seemed peculiar that PVR was so low when they used the scanner–once before cystoscopy and once again 2 weeks after cystoscopy

I had high PVR just

• kitty says:

SS this counication didn’t come out properly due to using phone–sorry. There has been too much descrepany between cath PVR and scanner. MY concern is I am having very delicate neuro surgery this month. I don’t trust this dr. He will not be doing this surgery–but PVR is of the essence

22. Barb says:

I just wanted to give more information with the AMS settlements! I’m still demanding to speak with an attorney, just being tossed around. In the beginning I was told by both firms send in all paper work, new Dr.s diagnosis, new test and results, all medications I’m being prescribed and everything would be considered, even was prescribed pelvic floor therapy however do to the distance, the pain that I have had, the sharp knife pain that is 80% of the day and since my revision of mesh erosion in July 2015 I have had this pain in my woman hood it wakes me up at night. I have had 4 faucet injections and 4 blocks sepsis where I read one of the causes is having several infections, SUI, POP and still 2 defective devices! I was told to continually seek out medical care to take care of my health issues which have done however compared to whom ever put the so called packet together on what AMS decided what they would/not cover it is costing us on government insurance it’s just draining me financially since there have been changes made for the worse and good lord what 2016 will bring! I will never understand even the FDA has stated that these products can create a huge health risk! The plan is they will not be any compensating for all these infections, IC the girl chuckled and said she doesn’t believe in such a thing so as nice as I could explained what it is and extremely painful, will not cover for SUI to be corrected because we had these issues prior too, my point was well if we were inserted with proper devices that had been properly tested then we would not still be seeking SUI procedures, we would not be having all types of infections, we would not have dropped bladder’s, nor would we have POP which I did not have prior too. So what I have been able to get from these firms is compensation for not being intimate, pain and suffering included but I’m wondering how in a $ figure did they come from that, pelvic pain I could not get an answere, bleeding not sure mine was caused from mesh erosion, since in the agreement packet there was a cut off date of surgeries and other issues not told what I will have to appeal for more money for the most invasive surgery, I also told the person I spoke to that their communication to their clients was very poorly done, when they came to a settlement on what was/was not going to be included they would not have had so many sign the agreement letter so attorney’s 40% they hold back 20-25% for government insurance and depending on what the lien company can get them to take which so far some only pay half or a smaller amount!! We will basically end up with 40% if lucky. Of course the tiers I feel what they should have done was have a number in each category’s applied injuries and remember the figure put on our packets does not include any deductions, I think the attorneys should just take their portion .I keep being told there will be other options for us to consider.

It is very possible your law firm is no longer handling your case but is “co-counsel”… in other words, for 5% they pass you along. It does not represent any more out of your 40%. For that money they should at the very least have someone answer all of your questions!!!!! You can take your case elsewhere but it will be up to you to reach out to another firm. They cannot contact you.

• Barb says:

Jane I did just that! However due to my agreement I had to be careful with what was said. She said she did not advise to change attorney’s since they will/can put a lien on any monies awarded in the future.

• Emmie says:

Three mesh were implanted on me.

Prolift…TVT-S and TVT-O

I am depressed with the chronic pain. Feeling like there is no hope.

Get your medical records, where are you located and do you have competent medical help?

• Barb says:

EMMIE, Do you have legal counsel?? Some have had to stop taking anymore cases unless they are not in settlement mode!! Good luck…………

I have the names of a number of female attorneys who are still taking these cases… and welcoming them. Please write janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com

• Emmie says:

Thanks Jane and Barn for your response.

I have a law firm who has my case since 2012.

One of the female lawyers came to my home last week. I thought the meeting was a conference call and was very surprised when I answered the doorbell. I was having a difficult day and she found me in my pjs…house a mess and me looking like crap. Probably was good to see my reality. I know if I knew she was coming to my home I would try to be more presentable.

I asked my lawyer to look into a life plan for me with Greg Vigna. I told them if they cannot do that for me, I would like to move my case to another law firm.

And then they show up….. good for you to insist! I hope they comply.

• Emmie says:

Sorry Barb……did not catch the Barn..

23. Emmie says:

I have issues with losing the submit button and often lose my comments.

Want to make this quick and short.

When I called my legal firm, they could not tell me what mesh products were implanted. I felt my case was stacked on a pile with other mesh victims and I requested research and documentation that my pudendal nerve was damaged with other nerves. I had three nerve blocks last year that only gave me minimal pain relief. Tramadol is my only relief from chonric pain.

Also informed them I have 8 hooks in my groin from Prolift and TVT-O. I lost my job due to always feeling sick and in pain and won SSD on the first attempt.

I think making waves was what I needed to do to make sure I got the attention I needed for my case. Dr. Vigna told me I was in the top 1 to 2% of worst mesh injured.

I am looking into going to Dr. V or Dr. Hibner. I been told surgery could make my condition worse and would be difficult. . I am afraid of the surgery, but do not want to live the rest of my life in pain.

Can someone explain if a recotcele and cytocele (sp)? is part of the mesh implant or something totally different? My new issue now is I lose my bowels while I am urinating. Don’t feel the BM at all….only realize when I turn to flush.

I am discouraged and depressed. This was not the life plan I wanted for myself. I lost my job in 2012 and I miss working and all the other life actvities the mesh took away from me.

Emmie- Here is a good basic work on what a rectocele and cystocele is…. its from the FDA in 2011.

This might be the best thing the agency ever produced concerning mesh!

• Still Standing says:

Emmie. Call the hospital where you had the inplants and ask for your surgical records, specifically your implant codes. That has to be in your records. You will probably need to fill in a request form and then FAX or mail signed document. Also, ask them the cost of providing this directly to you,rather than a physician. Many medical facilities charge nothing to send records to other doctors or facilities, but charge to copy records for you. A really stupid protocol, but just make sure you ask. If they charge, just ask for the product implant record if that is all you are needing. Hope this helps.

24. shannon says:

omg i am in so much pain now completly incontinent and 6 mos of infection. I just can’t take it anymore. As being implanted four mos. B4 AMS recalled the Monarc, why? As i read more on here and how long they knew this was a bad product would after years of lawsuits was this still being highly praised as my dr told me how safe and the chances of getting better were so great…44 yrs old live in diapers…. Now i was sent to see a rheumatologist as many joint and pain in other parts of my body. Until reading this i had no idea either that this may be cause of these problems that are debilitating. I called my on call uro this wknd as i went now too complete incontinence and the pain is horrific. It was not my dr on call but he had acsess to my records and told me “look your wasting my time as this is not an emergency” wow another blow. At times i feel a pressure like a baby trying to get in canal along with sharp pains coming and going. My kidneys ? Lower inner back throb. Idk but my life is not of any quality. Lost husband, homebound as much can as i have to put two to three diapers at a time especially if out as it leaks through sides. Can’t wear jeans anymore, i just cant take the pain the peeing and no control of it.. I just cant go on much longer this way….

Shannon-

Can you seek help from an expert in mesh complications? Do you have insurance? Do you need a suggestion on docs in your area? Write the Facebook page and see if anyone in your area responds…. or you can write me for some docs I’ve heard good things about janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com Sounds like you need to advocate for yourself now…..

• Still Standing says:

Shannon. You ARE WORTHY of care, regardless of what the SOB doctor said to you. I would definitely report this to the hospital CEO. He marginalized your pain and in doing so, he marginalized you. Please know that there are physicians that can help you and there are things you can do to help your emotional pain. Please dont loose hope. That is such a dark place to be. I was there many times. Jane…im wondering if we can set up kind of a skype support group where I can teach my curricula but also teach and suport each other. I think it is time. Contact me via my email address if you think this is possible. .

That is very good advice. You know pain. You know your pain. For someone to marginalize that is contrary to their role, in my opinion.