Update on Status Conference in West Virginia on Pelvic Mesh Litigation

Prolene Mesh

Prolene Mesh

MND, Nov. 23, 2015 ~ A status conference took place Wednesday, November 18 and Thursday, 19 in Charleston, WV concerning the progress made on pelvic mesh litigation.

At last count there are 85,000 cases filed in this one federal court before Judge Joseph Goodwin. Pelvic mesh cases were consolidated there in January 2012 in multidistrict litigation (MDL) where cases of a similar nature are put into one court for consistency in rulings.

No one had any idea when the MDL was created that it would swell to this number, the largest number of cases ever filed in a single MDL.

The conferences are scheduled to update Judge Goodwin on the progress being made, or in the case of most of 2015, the lack of progress being made in this litigation.  Both sides tell Judge Goodwin about the difficulties they are having in reaching settlements and give him enough information to know what direction to put pressure to move things along.

Judge Joseph Goodwin

Judge Joseph Goodwin

Representatives of six of the seven mesh manufacturers were requested to be there.  Unlike a telephone conference, Judge Goodwin can make points emphatically in person to both sides.

In this case, the Court was pleased some defendants were getting cases resolved, such as American Medical Systems (AMS) and he emphasized more manufacturers need to do so.

According to one source close to the  proceedings, Judge Goodwin said there is so much posturing by all sides this is taking too long as he was hoping these cases would be resolved by now.

Not every case has value or the values sought by Plaintiffs but regardless, most need to be taken seriously.  The coming year will be very, very active in litigation, he promised saying he’s very serious about giving people their day in court.

The following day, Friday, November 20, Judge Goodwin in pretrial orders (PTO) #205 and #206 in the Ethicon MDL, proposed a schedule of deadlines for its “Wave” of cases readying them for trial.  Wave 1 and Wave 2 each contain  200 cases.

See  PTO #206 here.  See PTO #205 here which refers to Wave 1 cases specified in PTO #195 here.

Many cases will be sent back to other federal courts in the states from where they came.  Already set for 2016 is the April 11th trial of 39 Plaintiffs with cases filed against Ethicon will be heard in Mullins et al 2:12-cv-02952,

These women were implanted with the same mesh, TVT (transvaginal tape), to treat stress urinary incontinence (SUI).  The physicians vary among the Plaintiffs but all of the surgeries were performed in West Virginia over a 12-year-period of time and each woman is a resident of the state.

There were no other orders issued to any of the other six mesh manufacturers, other than Ethicon, after the status hearing. #

1. K says:

Unbelievable! My attorney keeps saying they anticipate this taking up to 2-3 more years but it looks like many of us will never see compensation. I am now spending money on physical therapy after my removal. This is so cruel!

2. Debbie Edwards says:

I’m I reading this right, is the Judge saying he is not going to let J&J keep postponing the trials? I have the TVT Tape and the trial in April 2016 is very important to me. You would think Judge Goodwin is getting pissed off at J&J for taking up so much of the courts time. If any of the LAWYERS that read this site has any help in understanding the Status Conference please let us know ther ideas. I for one do not know the legal side and I need help understanding it. Thanks

• K says:

He is letting them get away with it and allowed them to postpone the December trial until April. Why would they in any hurry because he allows it.

3. KLP says:

I’m tired of this same bru ha ha over and over while my insides feel like they are pulling me apart…Coloplast won’t win. I can’t even begin to say what these monsters are continuing to get away with.. I would be under the jail…I’m not giving up. No one has even asked me what can be done or how can they help. All I know is my God is bigger and has my back… No human being can be proud of these company’s lies and betrayal not only to us but to themselves. I guess we will just wait and see. I hate that they stole my freedom to stand on my own…my dad became disabled too but he did it defending his country for people to live in peace not to hurt one of their own..I’m disgusted….

4. Linda says:

Well Judge Goodwin if you think it’s taking tooooo long imagine how we feel??? I guess I don’t understand why there is not a case going all the time. There are so few trials and soooo many cases. Why are there not more trials??? Who is in charge of speeding up this process? I would like to know how the decision was made to move the J and J case to April. Why is that continually happening. J and J has it made. They have the most cases, refuse to consider settlements and say it sarcastically, destroy records, work to hide evidence and have no consequences. Of course they will not take responsibility. All they have to do is ride it out, wait for us to DIE and if there was an award, appeal it and get it overturned. Why should they progress along? They are continuing to make millions from “gold standard treatment” Largest MDL and still adding to the numbers, still marketing the product., still maiming women despite the largest number of law suits. Johnson and Johnson will never change their behavior until someone or something makes them change. In 4 years what has changed. The number of implanted women just INCREASES. Advocate why don’t you use your time to write an actual letter to someone you are helping represent. I am absolutely disgusted with the entire system and what this corporation gets away with. JOHNSON AND JOHNSON TERRORIZE WOMEN, FAMILIES,CHILDREN BEWARE OF ALL THERE PRODUCTS. Look at how many law suits for all their health and hygiene products Beware

• Tammy (KY) says:

Linda please write YOUR Senator and voice these concerns. We all need to speak up with our Senators. Thanks

• Bejah Blue says:

Linda, I understand your rage so well but transform it into action, don’t let it just evaporate. Tammy is right, write the legislative representatives if you think it will help (I would only write those who may listen not just those representing my territory but also there is something you can do every day in your life. You can voice your opinion by boycotting Johnson & Johnson products and you can spread the word. Please do this. Jane posted a list at one point of J&J products and it is probably still up somewhere on the site but you can go get it (I think) from their website. If their sales started to fall the tricky devil would put up false mfg. names set up as subs of JNJ but I think we can still find their name because most people still believe the “wonderful old American company” brand crap. We are so trusting, so naive. Please check the labels of what you buy and avoid JnJ (Listerine, Aveno moisturizer, for example). THANKS. Remember, “don’t get mad, get even”. And remember too, that EVERY LITTLE THING makes a difference.

5. GH says:

Thanks for the update … I think The judge should sanction all manufactures for causing significant delays… I was told AMS wants to settle but has gone through at least ten sets of council because they dont like what the lawyers are telling them about payment that should be made to the victims…If Judge Goodwin doesn’t step in on all of these excuses or delays it only acerbated our pain and grief over the loss of our quality of life. My other question is what did Judge Goodwin mean when he said not all cases have value or values sot by Plaintiffs attorneys…. this is sad for some to join our plight with no injury to make a fast buck… how and why did they get so far to be on the docket ….. this makes a mockery out of our pain and injuries… I think all non injured parties should of been sent to a class action suit not a MDL … Just saying….

• Barb says:

GH AMS is settling their cases slowly but surely. I know with the 2 firms I have they came to an agreement however I have been trying to find the agreement filed document but have not been able to find settlement agreements, I have found 2 other law firms and it says what is included in their settlements. Each attorney firm individually made arrangements with AMS some include all infections, pain and suffering, no past future monies for surgeries, no compensation for loss of income. I’m going to search through Jane’s archives.

I’ve intentionally not published anything about settlement amounts. It will never be fair. AMS is paying from zero to $300k or so. Some have been paid already. Many are saying “No”…. I’ve no idea if they will make their 95% agreement among plaintiffs which is required before the settlement is approved, or at least that’s the theory.

6. Diva 64 says:

I know Bard was suppose to be in talks this past week also, I haven’t read anything here about what that company is doing. There are not Chevron Gas stations in the areas where I currently live, but ladies please have your families boycott Chevron, they developed the polyurethane type material that the TVS was made of. It erodes in our bodies, and the cells don’t get along with the plastic in our bodies, so there is a war going on inside of us called auto immune disease where good cells and bad cells are fighting one another, they don’t know who is good and who is bad. My autoimmune have progressed to Lupus. I spend a lot of time in bed. The stores all have fluorescent lights which aren’t good for me. I have to stay out of the sun, and I live in Florida. The Sunshine state. I have developed Raynards so I can’t tolerate the cold either.. I really have no idea why these manufactures are delaying the process of the settlements or why the Supreme Court is allowing it. The science is there, proving what it has done to our bodies, we well never be well. The settlements can help pay for our medical care and maybe someone to take over the housekeeping chores we probably all are getting behind with. And I haven’t even mentioned the years of pain and suffering. The years of not being able to be intimate. The years of having to go from doctor to doctor because most of them have their head stuck in the sand, or in the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies. I want to be able to enjoy making love, I well be like Madona’s song. Like a virgin as they have to rebuild me a vagina, sounds awful doesn’t it, Is it worth it, I sure hope so, Being told I didn’t have a vagina, was about like saying hey guess what you are no longer a woman but your not a man, you are a nothing. I still can’t urinate hardly, There is something blocking it, the stream when I have a stream comes from over to the side not straight down, I have to take a male medicine to increase the flow, plus lasix , I am already stage 3 kidney failure, have had cancer to the Vulva, the doctor literally dug a tunnel attempting to get out all the cancer cells, I sure hope he was successful . I haven’t had sex for so long it nearly scares me, yet I have a younger friend that is making me feel like a woman and bringing about the desires to proceed with things, he has been on hold for 3 years, will I don’t know if he has been on hold, he may be going elsewhere for sex.. But how do I even date, I have so much lower abdominal pain, I have had diarrhea for nearly a year, it started last Nov 2014. I am not skinny because of it, as I have so much inflammation from the Lupus.. I take so many pillls a day it is crazy.. And to think all this started with a cough that a GP couldn’t seem to get under cntrol and waited forever to send me to a phonologist, who cleared my cough up within a couple of weeks however I had already developed urinary incontinence , my bladder would not hold, I was still working, and kept arriving at my job heading s straight to the bathroom to clean up and change cloths. But at least then I could void, not feeling like I have a brick setting in the way, keeping the urine from coming out.I finally have one of the top doctors, so I have high hopes and a lot of faith in him, however the office manager wants my bill cleared up, I guess I owe something a little over $200. and have an appointment on the 4th, that is a little scary, I will have to drive 90 miles and then find out if I am going to be seen or turned away. I don’t or can’t believe this wonderful doctor has put a hold on my care.. I wish all you ladies with the mesh and those that has gotten the mesh out a HAPPY Thanksgiving, I know it may be hard but we do still have to find the positive things in our life, and place our faith for healing and for our settlement to come soon.. Don’t let this still all your joy in life or you are surely allowing them to win, regardless of how much damage they have done.

• Tammy (KY) says:

Diva 64

Pleas write or call your Senator, please voice your concerns where we can be heard and helped. We need to sand up for ourselves….. Thanks

Tammy Jackson KY

• Bejah Blue says:

Dear Diva64, Thank you for your post, for sharing with us. It especially helps those with the same symptoms but is helps all of us to understand what can happen, what to watch for, and so much more.

Perhaps it is magical thinking but I pray that potential researchers monitor this site who do not have to depend on the defendants and their ilk for funding. I wonder if we might appeal to Harvard, for example, as funding is probably not an issue and the University is, I hope, quite independent because of this.

I would not personally be comfortable with any research coming out of Federal research centers at this juncture, at least not where this issue is concerned, the NIH, CDC…I no longer trust them. But if potential researchers or doners read this site I believe information like that which you have shared can be potentially very helpful and perhaps Jane could one day provide a link with your permission so that you could share more information that may help others in the coming years. Who knows what the possibilities may be.

To hear of the suffering of our sisters keeps us all on point. And if Jane is correct and Judge Goodwin does on occasion read these pages let him take home a truer image of our suffering which is worlds away from the dry stale discomfort of the courtroom.

Come to this place in cyberspace Judges, I challenge you, and see the blood run from our eyes, feel the pain erupt from our bodies, taste the toxins that pollute our bodies. Like the lush green forests around Chernobyl we look normal, but we are fatally contaminated and the rusted matter of our old lives clings to us like boils. It hides like the debris in the lush overgrown fields of the radioactive soil in that part of Russia. If one looks closely they can see bits of it….a bicycle handle, the arm of an old doll, a headless carousel horse. We too have invisible remnants of our past that cling to us forever reminding us of who we once were. I feel I have become a ghost, a shadow…I am becoming invisible and one day soon there will be only the rustling of leaves or wild grasses where I once stood but Johnson and Johnson will still stand.

So please people, continue to speak your truth here because it may well change the future. Language has great power and it is a tool we all can use. The Internet was created by a person for the people, to connect the people of the world together, not the governments so let us make full use of it. We have seen it topple rouge regimes and organize people. We must use it to try to bring bad corporations like JnJ to their knees, to bring them down, to break them apart. We will need a President with the power to do that, the political power, the economic power and the personal power, someone with a new message…I long for peace but we need a person that is a warrior for these terrible days we live in today, someone who can get through to JnJ that IT does NOT own this nation.

7. Tammy (KY) says:

Can someone post link to the Wave 2 names.? Please not not to computer friendly….would know be to look at that list….thanks if you can help. All women need to contact their Senators….ask congress for help…alot of women medical device in Washington right now….speak up against Mesh…we have to help Our selves…. We have a voice Use It

8. Chell says:

Does anyone have any information regarding Caldera Medical? I never hear anything about them in the media or on any website. How are they managing to keep themselves out of the MDL? I don’t understand. When I question my attorney’s office about my case I always hear the same thing…. Caldera is a smaller company than J&J and they don’t want to go to trial so they are trying to do the right thing and settle… but yet I haven’t heard anything other than they are in some sort of interpleader phase. This has been the story for months and months with no other news. I never see their name mentioned in any of the blogs either. I know I’m not the only victim of this manufacturer but I’m really concerned that I haven’t heard a single thing regarding them. Can someone enlighten me about Caldera and why they seem to be able to avoid any of the attention that the other manufacturers have received?

9. Nanny Bug says:

This is so sad I just wonder if we went to the press & TV if people would be shamed a little more to help urge a settlement ? Jane what do you think ? We’re told to keep our mouths shut not get on Internet don’t talk to media . May he doing this keeping our mouth shut is hurting us more it sure isn’t helping us !! Three judges changes the decision of a jury ! What the heck gives them that right . What’s the point of a trial by jurors if it can be changed by 3 men .then we have the case of precious Mrs. !!!!!!!!! that passed away from cancer after a long battle of side effects from transvaginal mesh . I have everything she had I don’t have cancer !! Was that a good excuse for the courts to pay her family $000 dollars after she died. I can see how this mess can turn malignant because I live in fear everyday because the horrible side effects that mine is changing . Changes are happening I can feel my body I’M SO AFRAID !! If these frequent bladder infections & UTI’s won’t cause cancer from neglection (not my own either ) I don’t know what would . No doubt in my mind this nasty mess caused her to get cancer !! God help this poor family get justice !! Anyone’s word on our turning to the media , our Congress, our Senate our Govenors our President !! No man is an island , no man stands alone !! Where there is 2 or 3 gathered together in MY name ( GOD) there I will be in the midst of them !! There is POWER in numbers . We all set here waiting to hear from Jane & praying for a change & a miracle & 6 years later for me nothing has truly changed !!!

• Bejah Blue says:

Nanny, No one ever told me to not discuss these cases or this matter, no one ever told me not to talk to the media, etc. and I think that would be illegal and an infringement on your (1st amendment?) rights.

What you can be asked NOT to do by your counsel is to not discuss your own case and it is entirely appropriate for them to ask that of you and for your own good you must refrain from discussing your own case, and I would advise that you not discuss it with friends or even family except perhaps your husband…”keep it close to your chest”, as they say. If, for example, it turns out that your case is a very high value case and you share that with relatives it is conceivable that they may sell you out for a pay off….it is a terrible thought, but it happens.

Where money is concerned people can become monsters. Maybe that is why it is referred to as it is in the Bible. It is true. Best action: Keep your mouth closed and your ears open.

10. Tammy (KY) says:

Ladies Please call your Senators…. We need to be in Washington. Medical Devices that have harmed women in being looked at rght now…..we have to stand together and BE HEARD

11. Joan Gwyn says:

All of this has been dumped on Judge Goodwin, he didn’t know the magnitude of the evil drug companies. Of course they want to wait 2 more years because many people will not make it, like my mother. She has fought this for years and she is totally bed bound. If anyone in the suite dies, there lawsuit is out the window.GOD I call you down to settle this In the Name of Jesus

Does the litigation not continue with her estate? Please check with your law firm…. I’m so sorry.

• Advocate says:

Jane,

The tort doesn’t go out the window. The plaintiff’s family takes it through probate. For those who hired a local attorney for the mesh tort, they usually will handle the probate for them. If they don’t or are not licensed, they usually refer the family to a probate firm in their state who can assist them.

Everyone should have a will, including those not involved with the mesh litigation. If you do have a will/trust, talk with the attorney who drew up the documents about your involvement with the litigation. Trusts are not just for the “rich” people and are often a wonderful way to take away burdens of a family, upon ones passing.

• Samantha says:

I don’t believe that’s correct, as Jane said check with your law firm.

• Bejah Blue says:

Samantha, Advocate is very knowledgeable and I expect we can take whatever Advocate suggests to us to the bank, as they say, especially where matters of law are concerned, such as Wills and Trusts.

Best wishes,

• Bejah Blue says:

As others will tell you Joan, her case will not be dead in the water but it will lose some value. Make sure she has a TRUST. I am so sorry for your family and will pray for you all.

12. Billie T says:

Can you please notify me of any thing that may be happening with Elevate Mesh and /or AMS? I have a law firm in
    Houston, Texas, that I NEVER hear from on my case unless I call them. But in the beginning , they were certainly expedient to get my information ! Now I am suffering terribly. I can’t even go anywhere because of incontinence of bladder and bowel. There is no knowing how much money I have spent, on pads, panties and running from place to place, Dr. to Dr. who say they cannot remove the mesh because I ” may be worse, may be better , or may be the same.” I have suffered horribly because of this mesh and cannot even get a decent answer from the lawyers, doctors or anyone . I am praying though. Because regardless of how this turns out, the lawyers will have their day with Jesus Christ for putting me off, not telling me the truth , and not letting me know anything at all. Am I suffering? Yes indeed. Physically and mentally as well now as financially, since I am on SS. I do have an attorney here who wrote my will for me. I suppose I should let him know I have a case with mesh (I think) with lawyers in Houston , Texas. Your advice, please. cbt@centurytel.net

13. Linda says:

I checked with my law firm 2 years ago and I was told if you are deceased the suit goes forward but the settlement award is less because the pain an suffering ceased. I was told to have a very clear will in place. However just look at the Batista case. I have contacted senators, congressmen, Oprah, the Doctors, Ellen, Michelle Obama and everyone I could possibly think of. It seems to me a cancer data base needs to started. There seems to be many more women blogging about having been diagnosed with Cancer. I doubt that this is being tracked in the court ordered follow-up studies. Has anyone seen any information as to whether the studies are even being done??? It is all just so unbelievable! I expected the corporations to drag, however I was not expecting so few trials to take place. Happy Holiday’s Ladies

14. Karen says:

Ok ladies let’s start with writing politicians .

ELIZABETH WARREN , Washington office 202 -224-4543

WE ALL HAVE TO FOUND REALLY GOOD POLITICIANS AND WRITE THEM ALL TOGETHER .EMAIL , CALLS WHAT EVERY IT TAKES . We have to contact every state political parties so they know we are serious.

SO PLEASE POST ALL THE NAME OF POLITICAL REP SO WE CAN CALL AND WRITE ALL TOGETHER .

I sent my letter to my governor and Eric holder and attorney general in texas they did nothing . But I can across her name so here goes. Remember we’re not share holders .

• Bejah Blue says:

Karen, I think Eric Holder is no longer with the DOJ but I could be wrong. I forget the name of the person in that chair now but I think it may be a woman not that it makes any difference. It’s the chair that does the decision making, not the body in it.

15. Bejah Blue says:

It is just the same thing over and over, the same behavior by Judge Goodwin making him seem to me completely inept, no compliance on the part of defendants in general, and contacting Senators and/or Congress people is a waste of time because most of them are corrupt, and/or do not think this is a very sexy or high value matter, nor is it one that will bring in more re-election dollars…I could go on and on. All of this is just taking up space, taking up time as this matter moves further away in time and the voices grow fainter as the plaintiffs weaken…do we not understand that we are not the first plaintiffs to be thrown under the truck…this kind of thing is business as usual for these corporations and always has been. I will tell you what these punks would say to you….”If you were stupid enough to allow this to be done to you then you got what you deserve and you are responsible for your fate.’ ‘Your pain, your problem”. ‘Take your whining and shove it”. These are the same people, mostly men, who are responsible for the mortgage crises of 2008, the mortgage brokers, the bundled questionable quick buck mortgages and all that…now they work in sales for JnJ and the others….they follow the money and run their game. We will get nothing and this government, this nation, will do nothing to help us…mention of a “settlement conference” is a tool to pacify, and these are completely useless. The job of Goodwin and the others is to manage this Tort monster, that is all. We always think that when a new administration comes into office that things will change, get better for the people but it is always a lie. How many of you think that Obamacare is good for people? I see that it requires by law that people have health insurance or they will be penalized. That is what I see. The truth is that it no longer matters who is elected President of this country because nothing will change that will make the lives of the people better. The lucky ones are those who have good insurance, have a sizable savings and who have managed to stay out of hospitals. The rest of us are just dead meat. If this seems very harsh I am truly sorry but there is little value for us in believing in something that is only going to cause us pain. We can find a little hope in research that is conducted outside of the sphere of influence of the defendant corporations or their allies, there is that but such research would just be discredited or sabotaged just as climate change research has always been. Public opinion is manipulated by forces that are well positioned to destroy any credible effort to build support for the position of plaintiffs in an array of commendable and just complaints but in the end it means nothing because to put it horribly simply, the one with the most money and the most influence and the best attorneys (The ones that would eat their own young), those are the ones that will in the fullnss of time win these cases even when they lose them in the present. We have been caught in a web of evil. We must extract ourselves from it or it will destroy us.

16. Debbie Edwards says:

I would like to start by wishing everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. My thoughts are, we are writing our Senate’s, Congress man, and other government offices, but instead, why don’t all of us start flooding the FDA…. I am thinking we should put the pressure on them. If they start getting 100’s of emails a day they will have to take another look at us. I would think if for no other reason but to get us off their backs. I truly believe that the FDA is the best way to get this done. If we can get them to take a closer look at us they MIGHT take this off the market, or Black List it. This is just me thinking out loud, but I would love to know everyone’s opponent’s.

17. Fred M.. (CT) says:

It is a crime what J and J has done to women.,My wife was,implated with Prolift in 2007 and suffered ever since. No accountability on the part of thr manufacturers, nothing but BS delays and because they are BIG business, they get away with it. IT SHOULD BE CLASSIFIED A CRIME!!! My poor wife has nerve damage in her groin, mesh that has eroded through her bladder which has caused massive infections, one after another. She has indured 7 surgeries with the end result being , NO RELEIF. The embedded mesh in her bladder,,if it can be removed present a,50 to,70% chance of complete lose,of them bladder.

She was promised “better quality of life” from,simple stress incontinence, WHAT A JOKE. She cannot walk more,than about 50 yards without doubling over in greater pain, she should have been promised “A CHANCE YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE”!! If you or I did what J and J did to our cusromers , one we,would have our credentials stripped and then put in jail.

It would not have taken 8 to10 years either. GOD BLESS ALL.

So tragic Fred, can she get to a competent doctor?

• Bejah Blue says:

Fred, I am so sorry this happened to you. Blessed are you among men to stand by your wife as you are. I think we will all be praying for you, for the strength that goes beyond understanding, for the courage to face whatever comes in faith, knowing that this world is but a dream and you and your loved one will be together in Paradise when all of this agony is finished. Remember that we are only here for a short time and you are an honorable and loving husband. I am sure GOD is well pleased with you Fred and comforts your wife, and you as best he can. I have learned how to tell…when you quiet yourself and feel a sort of cloud of comfort and peacefulness come over you the FATHER is tending to you. One can learn to hear and feel in this special way and distinguish from ones own inner chatter, the message(s) from Heaven. This is a good time for you to do inner work I would think, in accordance with your personal beliefs. Blessings,

• Bejah Blue says:

Dear Fred, First of all my heart goes out to you and your dear wife…how unbearable, unbelievable and then to be faced with an adversary so unrepentant, so cold and calculating and profoundly evil.

Call Dr. Blavis in New York City to see if he can help. He was willing to try to help me after three experts I consulted with told me that the mesh could not be removed. I did not have the mesh removed because, silly me, I thought my insurance would pay for it but it seems one has to pay for the removal themselves and I was not able to do that. I think that is referred to as “adding injury to injury”.

Please, if you feel comfortable doing so, let us know how the two of you are doing from time to time. Who knows, we may be able to offer you some ideas that may be helpful.

GOD Bless,

18. K says:

I blame Judge Goodwin for how slow this has and will be. So many women could get better but he allows the games.

• Bejah Blue says:

Right, the poor old guy is kind of in the hot seat isn’t he and I am thinking he does not want to do anything to cast shadows of any kind on his coming retirement or the years that follow. I have a feeling this is taking a lot out of him and he is a reluctant participant, especially at this point but he is also a symbol of a kind of stability in an arena that suffers from a severe lack of it. He remains generally well respected by all parties and probably does struggle with this matter and endure many sleepless nights, not good for a person of his age. He does seem, in the end, like a good person, but what do I know, I am just an old meshed up fool. Right Alex? How are you sleeping these days, having many nasty REM dreams? You will.

19. Linda brown says:

Listen ladies let’s just have a big protest about this. Let’s get together and start marching on the courts to be heard. All for one and one for all. Let me know what you think . It can work

• Bejah Blue says:

Linda, Shall I try to tell you how many times so many of us have asked this same question you ask, actions you propose? I hope you have more success. Sometimes it really makes me mad. I wonder if the terrorists arrived on our shores in American with their swords and scythes and axes and came at us after our heads, would we just stand there, dumbfounded while our heads rolled, incapable of action? Thanks for trying, all who now make these proposals.

20. karen says:

Hi everyone

We should also try flooding the big name brands sending out text , email letting them know what has happened and they should stop investing with j n j .

We have nothing to lose at this point .

• Emmie says:

Hi Everyone!

Hope all had a great Thanksgiving.

Holidays are depressing for me. Thanksgiving and Christmas are difficult and a reminder of all the activities and preparation I use to be able enjoy.

I need to find my way out of my depression. Giving up hope of ever seeing justice from the pharmaceutical companies. They can go on their merry way and celebrate like the way we could before mesh.

I never imagined I would be 57 years and feel like a 100 year old. Cannot be the grandmother I want to be to my 18 month grandson. Well I can shop on line for the best bargains I can afford for his Christmas. Must be very budget minded since I lost my great paying job that I loved so much in 2012. J&J…. you promised me a “new” life with my mesh implants. This was not the “new” I trusted with your promise. I am very angry with your uncaring attitudes. Wish you could spend one day in our shoes.

Ok…I must stop my pitty party and let you all know I ordered myself a new sweater on line that is made of the same “poly”crap of my mesh! Plus I got free shipping! Spent Black Friday in pain and sleeping the day away. Just spending some time with my family Thanksgiving took all my energy. Good thing with my “poly” sweater…if it is uncomfortable, I can give it away or trash it.

Wish we had those options with our mesh implants.

Let’s all hope 2016 brings us better times.

• Bejah Blue says:

Next time Emmie, Buy yourself a beautiful wool or silk or linen sweater. You deserve it and you will not need to give it away or want to. I even find them at thrift shops sometimes. Do you know Goodwill has an awesome (and I do mean awesome) auction website on the Internet? You will be shocked but hold on to your wallet because you will be tempted to spend more than you should. Be very careful, set limits and be disciplined but it is OH, SO MUCH FUN. My best find was a mid calf length white fox coat for $250.00!!!! I also got a gorgeous coat that is beautiful soft suede on one side and faux fur on the other, reversible for $5.00. No one bid on it because it was wrinkled and hung on the hanger in the photo very badly. I took a chance and scored big time. Just GOOGLE GoodwillAuctions or something like that. Have fun but don’t get carried away. Read the advice about what to do and not do. Ask me if you want advice but since it is off topic do keep it simple. On the other hand we could make the argument to Jane that it is really related to mental wellness that takes ones mind off of the pain….:-)

PS Yes I struggle with PETA argument

21. Don't give up says:

Fred my wife has been through hell and back too, I try to get her out of the house just to go for a little walk so much bad crap has happened to her because of this mesh revision surgeries having nerve damage and so much more horrible things she’s in constant pain daily. I know it’s hard ladies you here one thing then another thing about settlements or settlement talks.Then trials are getting put back that doesn’t make sense,you have to remember Judge Goodwin is just one man alone he has a lot on his plate.To me it looks like he’s at least trying and it looks like he’s just about had enough with these manufacturers trying to always delay trials one after another Judge Goodwin has told J&J to get trials ready in the hundreds it will happen.When these trials do go to court in the hundreds with the grace of God hopefully they will get hit and hit hard and come to there senses and come up with something decent that’s why there not or don’t want to settle as they know they just can’t offer peanuts as they know you most won’t except it.I wish all of you to just have one day of peace in your life as I know from seeing my wife go through this all of you are hurting so so bad.

Thank you for speaking up. Men need to be heard from as well since they experience their wive’s pain. Children as well. Families too.

• Bejah Blue says:

It is really reassuring to see that there really are some good men, good husbands out there. It is comforting for us all. Sometimes we forget the care providers and the impact of all of this on them. We should take a moment and pray for those who support us in so many ways. God bless the caregivers.

22. Randy Hefner says:

My mother has been suffering daily with abdominal pain, urinary problems, UTIs, etc… with no relief. Her golden years have turned into suffering and depression and has impacted the entire family in trying to care for her on limited income. God bless you all and hopefully these manufacturers will ultimately pay for the pain they have caused. I have 4 daughters and am trying to also care for my mother. This is terrible for her. I wish she could enjoy her golden years and her grandchildren.

Boston Scientific and these manufacturers are playing games and buying time. They will pay. I just hope my mother gets some type of relief and peace of mind that her suffering results in justice being done.

Your story is very sad. Do you have access to competent medical care? Do you need names of mesh aware docs in your area?

23. Dea says:

Hi,

Anyone have information on Bard AJUST, I see very little about this case not do I know where to look. I saw somewhere a court date sometime before December with plaintiffs TBA? Anybody else have the Bard AJUST and have trouble with it? I had it implanted in 2010 had a surgery ten days later because of internal infection, last year had it removed as it had shrunk and my incontenece was worse than ever. After removal I had a cathider for five days then a month later was in the hospital for five days because of a very bad kidney infection. I have been in a lot of pain since, had several bladder and urinary tract infections. I now have another bladder infection and on Monday have a referral appointment with an OBGYN to check on any remaining mesh?!?!

Any information anyone has on Bard AJUST is appreciated.

Thanks

DeaMeshed up

• Still Standing says:

Are your filed in West Virginia? If so, you can go to the Bard MDL page. There have been several orders re Bard regarding individual law firms. The orders have been to appoint special settlement masters between Bard and certain law firms. Check there to see if you see your firm. your firn should send you a settlement letter areound the same time the settlement master is appointed.

24. peggy hiick says:

I have suffered for years ! It is hard for me to walk now.My pelvic bone hurts so bad! Please help me. My muscles are gone that support my bladder and bowels.