Speak to the FDA Now!

can campaign estelle Midnight Wednesday July 30, the opportunity ends to weigh into the FDA concerning the reclassification of POP mesh to class III or a high-risk device which it certainly is. Mesh will never survive that scrutiny.

Mesh News Desk and Corporate Action Network, a consumer group, are asking you to share the link below with your group and all of your links!  Again the door closes Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at midnight! This form makes it very easy, you can write if you want, but you don’t have to.

The FDA has never before asked your opinion. Please share it.

The new mesh survivor coalition is trying to collect voices from all mesh survivors who have been injured from transvaginal mesh used for incontinence and prolapse as well as hernia mesh survivors. It is the same mesh- polypropylene plastic- permanently implanted.

The trials so far show us that industry knew there would be an unending foreign body response and a basic bio-incompatibility, but mesh makers marketed it anyway.

Included below is the website but we really need help – can you ask your members/ friends/ family/ co-workers to sign our FDA comment? Ask 5 people, share to your lists, your Facebook, your email list – WE CAN DO THIS!

If we want the FDA to listen to us and not just the medical device industry, we need as many survivors and allies to sign on as soon as possible.

Here’s the link: http://meshsurvivors.org/tell-fda-reclassify-mesh.

We Are Mesh Survivors” is a new coalition of mesh survivors working to make sure government, the media, and the medical device industry pay attention to us. To make our voices heard keep the medical device industry from drowning us out, we need as many people as possible to sign our FDA comment. This makes it very easy, you do not have to write anything, just add your name to the letter that goes to Margaret Hamburg, the head of the FDA.

All you do is Click the link, then add your name and state on the right hand side of the page. When you click, ‘submit’ your signature along with this letter will be directly submitted to the FDA via electronic communication. Wednesday is the deadline!

This is important – please add your name! The final FDA deadline is July 30, Wednesday at midnight.

1. Gail Cameron says:

Polypropylene Mesh implanted in 2008 and removed bt having to have 3 separate surgeries has ruined my life. I lost my jon as a public school teacher my home my husband of 20 yrs my horsrs and my life is destroyed. Please do notlet them use this mesh for any type of vaginal ssurgery. I may be homeless in a few months.

2. All Meshed Up says:

If you or a Loved one has or is experiencing a mesh complication, please sign the Petition. The FDA is not doing enough to protect people from the dangers that are inherent with Polypropylene (PP) mesh ‘products’. By forcing the FDA to re designate POP mesh to a Class III hazardous product, we will have won a small victory against these products and the Manufacturers that make them.

Gail has told her story of losing everything to a benign medical device. How many of you can identify with what she has and is going through? I know I can. Both Hernia meshes that I was implanted with were made of PP. What came out of me did not resemble in any way what had gone in. The damage is irreparable and the complications are life long. When is the FDA going to recognize that these mesh ‘products’ made of PP have scarred and disabled too many people? I have no idea. But by signing the Petition to change the product designation of these POP meshes to a Hazardous class, we will have saved many women from what we have all experienced from our implants.

Many Thanks to Jane for her continued work and reporting of all things Mesh. I hope that some day she will have a chance to report this to the nation and not just to us Victims. Thanks Jane.

Best Wishes to All………

All Meshed- You are so right… It seems like a small victory but it is so important. Lives will be saved! Those of you injured know this. Today- have five friends sign the petition. Let’s do this! Thank you all…..

3. pazwel mays says:

The mesh must be tested on all persons before usage, I got an infection the transpired in to a autoimmune disorder and now I’m battling CHF. I was blessed compared to a few, I had my man removed 8 months after it was placed in me and it was infected, the physical damages extended to me having to retire and go on disability since Feb 2012, the emotional damage caused me to lose my family, divorced since July 2014, there are to many lives that are destroyed because of these hernia mesh, there has to be a safer way too help someone and give them a better quality of life.can’t give up hope our lives will never be the same but we deserve a better quality of life, pain controlled medical coverage and finances to restore our independence.

Mr Mays- I’m so sorry… I hope you told the FDA what you think…. they need to hear it loud and clear! POP and SUI mesh and Hernia mesh- it’s all the same mesh!

4. connie Gayer says:

I agree that the mesh implant has got to be banned at all cost. I know what it has done to me and many others. How our lives have been affected by this implant. Stop experimenting on all humans. I believe all people that had anything to do with these implants should be accountable for there actions. I have had mine removed but still no energy. I am still fancy more surgeries ahead and wonder what this is going to do, to what little energy i do have now. Stop the greed and experimenting on us.

5. Janet Varnes says:

It is a tragedy that women must stand up to the Device Companies

as well as the FDA ! It has harmed many women. Marriages have been

severed, we had no idea the risks were in this category

otherwise their would not be so many women in health care suffering .

I couldn’t urinate all day I wod try by pushing into my abdomen . I was put

on an antidepressant and sent home on my six week visit of which

I still had a catheter ! Lastly do you know how hard it is

to Cath yourself ? Try this, maybe it will make up your minds.

These devices have risks involved. Let me choose to be a lab

rat if that is what I want to do. I will never be the same and

I pray the 1/4 I still need have removed doesn’t kill me before

It can be found and removed … Please ! Our lives are changed forever

Change, mandate thorough testing and clarity on all risks, possible difficulties

on these devices !

6. Janet Varnes says:

It is a tragedy that women must stand up to the Device Companies

as well as the FDA ! It has harmed many women. Marriages have been

severed, we had no idea the risks were in this category

otherwise their would not be so many women in health care suffering .

I couldn’t urinate all day I wod try by pushing into my abdomen . I was put

on an antidepressant and sent home on my six week visit of which

I still had a catheter ! Lastly do you know how hard it is

to Cath yourself ? Try this, maybe it will make up your minds.

These devices have risks involved. Let me choose to be a lab

rat if that is what I want to do. I will never be the same and

I pray the 1/4 I still need have removed doesn’t kill me before

It can be found and removed … Please ! Our lives are changed forever

on these devices ! These devices are not made of a material to be placed into

the human body …. Ban them !

7. June Farrelly says:

I had TVT O a year after treatment for Cervical Cancer stage 2B I have worsening conditions and I am finding it very difficult to get help or a scan to determine if my symptoms are the result of my Cancer treatment or the TVT O procedure. I don’t think that I should not have had the TVT O as it is intended to be permanent and to have it removed could involve several operations. As a result of my treatment for Cervical Cancer I was advised against any surgical procedure to the pelvic area. I still have incontinence as the TVT O did not work for me. Every day I worry about the position of the Mesh, it was hard getting through my treatment for Cancer I am now struggling with my symptoms and I think it is the result of having TVT O.

June- It would seem that cancer would be contraindicated for a mesh placement, but I’m not a doctor. In animal studies cancers were incited at the placement site of polypropylene implants… cause or correlation? Why is cancer not a contraindication for mesh?

8. Samantha Squires says:

Please take a look at the devastation that this product has caused so many people and you can change that. Please take a stand and reclassify. This is a chance to defend and protect innocent victims, the ones of the past, the ones of the present and especially the ones of the future.

9. Maria says:

I’m the victim of Essure which uses the same material as the mesh used to correct problems but it causes life altering problems instead . Some of these health issues we will not recover completely from. I had surgery to remove the poison products from my body over a year ago. During my surgery it was found that I had severe scar tissue and adhesions that tethered, pulled and attached several organs together, they had to be cut apart. I still suffer from inflammation in my intestines. This material is dangerous, can cause auto immune problems and cancer, this does not include the side effects of debilitating pain from inflammation. How does this product help a situation if it makes your health worse? The job of the FDA is to protect the public from bad products, not help manufacturers harm the public

10. Janis Urban says:

My life has been ruined by having a vaginal mesh bladder sling implanted December 15, 2011. I was never explained to about this sling by the doctor. I only found out what he was going to do to me minutes before it was going to be implanted. The nightmare started in recovery room with it’s side effects and the list has grown. My Autoimmune System, TOTAL INCONTINENCE, Lichen Sclerosus, Sever pain deep in my lower back, severe pain that radiates from my pelvic area and hips down both legs to my toes when I lay down to sleep. These are just a few of what this mesh implant has caused. Doctor’s are in DENIAL so most of us just suffer for this product is permanently part of our bodies now and forever. PLEASE BAN THIS MEDICAL DEVICE. I’m 61 years old and was in great physical shape. Now I can’t even stand to do a sink full of dishes. Please HELP! Let no other woman suffer and ruin there lives from this mesh.

11. kristine says:

I will never be the same. My life is forever changed. I have been in and out of the hospital with severe pain and infection. I’m fighting for my life. I need surgery to remove the mesh but my insurance requires all this other stuff first. I just got released from the hospital on August 2 2014 after spending five days in for infection that was causing me to have trouble breathing. Mesh infection. I was treated with three pain medications they did not work. I was treated with two antibiotics one helps in life threatening infections. I’m home feeling like something is trying to come out my butt, I have a heavy pressure. I have been suffering the effects of mesh since 2011. I’m 43 years old and what was the purpose of having a sling placed if it does not work on me. I’m constantly in pain. I still leak. I have nerve damage , I limp now , I see a pain specialist for pain control. Nothing is working. I started seeing a psychologist because I cry and cry its so frustrating and confusing for me and my family. Something needs to be done. I’m glad I have this site to express myself and I’m glad I’m not alone. Thank you all especially Jane.

Kristine- Can you get a consult with an expert… if you have mesh your may still be fighting it… I don’t recall your status….

12. Bob says:

Iam a 64 yr old man. Who had inguinal hernia repair bi lateral with mesh…June 6th.Its now Sept. 5, 2014,

and I realize I made a huge mistake. Have never ending groin pain….Drs cant tell me if its infected..

I am planning to go to Mayo clinic to have mesh removed, before its too later.

Bob in Denver.

Bob- Please talk to Bruce Rosenberg. 954-701-5094. he is hernia mesh injured and a researcher… please confer with him… thank you.

13. Sharon B. says:

FDA .I may have been too late to add my name to the list , but hope someone, anyone is listening . Ban this product, it hurts us and members of our family’s. We may have to die with the pain as the older generation, ME. This peice of trash has now entered too many internal organs for me. If I had the removeal, I end up with the colostomy bag and urineostomy bag. Two so instead, I’m now in process of spial cord stimulation to help with the pain medication. I and my family has always taken much pride in how we look and feel.

I can’t take much part in Family activities, because of the pain. So I have taken myself away from most everything , so my children, Grandchildren and Two, yes Two Greatgrands. So I’m not the Grandmother I once was. But still a young one at 67.

We may never see any compensation for all that has been taken. But may protect others from this Tragedy.

Sharon B. Kansas.