Settlement Dollars are Slow in Coming in Transvaginal Mesh Claims

MTMP logoMND, Nov. 5, 2015~ Your editor recently sat down at the Mass Torts Made Perfect session on multidistrict litigation (MDL) to hear the latest on the settlements purported to be in the works concerning transvaginal mesh.

Attorney Henry Garrard told the crowd that four of five mesh manufacturers are in the settlement mode.

It started with American Medical Systems (AMS).  Judge Goodwin who heads the multidistrict litigation (MDL) in Charleston, West Virginia, has praised AMS for setting forth the first settlement model, though many complain it is short in compensation dollars, certainly not enough for a lifetime of medical management.

Henry Garrard III

Henry Garrard III

AMS – MDL 2325  ~ In April 2014, AMS, now part of Endo Health Solutions, announced $830 million to settle 20,000 product liability lawsuits. That number was upped to $1.6 billion by September to resolve about 25,000 mesh injury claims.  See the story here.

The settlements vary and are reached by individual law firms, some working together to hammer out an agreement.  The agreements may not all be the same, but regardless, they have been slow in coming. Many women report to MND they have their paperwork yet no dollar amount has been specified.

The higher “Tiers” of injury are worked out individually. The lower Tiers may represent no compensation after a 40% legal fee is removed, along with any outstanding liens or medical bills.

Remember, when you agree to a settlement, you forever give up your right to seek redress through the courts as do your family members.  You do have the option to refuse the settlement and insist your law firm take your case to court.  At that point you may get pushback from your firm.  It’s easier for the law firm to settle and move on, but it may not be in your best interest.  They are officers of the court who must act in your best interest!  Check with your state Bar Association to see if you can be dropped as a client if you refuse a settlement!

A June 2013 agreement specifies $54,500,000 as a Settlement Fund held in escrow. It requires 95% of claimants to participate.  There is no admission of liability by the company in offering the millions to women implanted with the Perigee, Apogee and Elevate transvaginal mesh implants. See the Master Settlement here.

Endo Health Solutions took over AMS in 2011 for $2.9 billion and in doing so acquired more than 22,000 lawsuits claiming the polypropylene mesh is defective and doctors were not adequately warned about the complications associated with the mesh.

bs logoBoston Scientific – MDL 2326 ~ Boston Scientific announced it would pay $119 million to settle 2,970 cases back in April of this year.  According to Garrard, Boston Scientific is working with national settlement counsel of the Sedgewick firm of New Jersey, specifically Mike Tenanbaum. See him here.

At least 130 cases may be sent back to their own District Courts in the state where they originated in an effort to reduce the load on the MDL in Charleston, WV.

Boston Scientific says it has over 27,000 product liability cases.  More than 2,700 claims have been assigned to one judge in state court in Massachusetts. In its August 2015 SEC filing (here), the company says last April it entered into a master settlement agreement with certain plaintiffs’ counsel.  It will provide $119 million to resolve 2,970 cases including the federal court in Dallas County, Texas. The company has also entered into a Master Settlement, without admitting any guilt or liability, regarding 1,627 pending cases.

Boston Scientific says it plans “to vigorously contest the cases and claims asserted against us.”

aaabard logoC.R. BardMDL 2187 ~ Bard is less than forthcoming about the number of lawsuits it’s currently facing and settling in its October SEC report. The good news, according to Garrard, is that Nina Gussack, a partner with the Pepper Hamilton LLP law firm of Philadelphia (here), a settlement firm is helping things along says Garrard and they are about to settle 60 percent of the docket.

Bard was reported to be prepared to settle 500 product liability pending actions for $21 million last year.  See the MND story here.

Bard’s October 2015 SEC report (here) says there are about 90 pending claims in federal and state courts involving the Composix Kugel hernia repair products.

Additionally, the company says its reached agreements with 6,470 Women’s Health Product Claims agreeing to pay Medtronic $121 million toward these potential settlements.  These are claims not included in the  12,850 claims presently in the MDL, making the actual number of product liability lawsuits murky in this report.

Bard says two subsidiaries of Medtronic (as a successor to Covidien plc) supplied the company its mesh products and therefore has an obligation to defend and indemnify Bard from product defect liability. Bard has reached agreement with 6,470 claims agreeing to pay Medtronic $121 million toward these potential settlements.

While Bard continues to talk to Plaintiff law firms regarding potential resolutions and “intends to vigorously defend the Women claims that do not settle, including through litigation, it cannot give any assurances that the resolution of these claims will not have a material adverse effect on the company’s business, results of operations, financial condition and/or liquidity.”

Bard Avaulta, Miklos and Moore website

Bard Avaulta, Miklos and Moore website

Covidien – MDL 2187 ~  The company based in Ireland is now part of Medtronic and two subsidiaries of Covidien supplied pelvic mesh products to C.R. Bard, which is named in the litigation.  According to Garrard, they are reaching settlement with Williams and Connolly’s Joseph Petrosinelli (here).

In July of last year, Covidien announced it planned to take $180 million from its third quarter profits to pay the costs associated with pending lawsuits.  In July 2015 Covidien and Bard agreed Bard would pay Covidien $121 million toward the settlement of those claims while other claims remain unsettled ( see the Bard story above).  Law firms represent about 11,300 claimants and as of September, Covidien has reached agreements to settle about 2,300 of those claims.

See the Corporate 10-Q September 9, 2015 filing here.

See PTO #181 (here), June 23, 2015.   Cathy Yanni was appointed the Special Mater for administration of the settlement reached between Blasingame, Burch, Garrard & Ashley P.C., and Covidien.  By September, Blasingame, Burch, Garrard & Ashley, P.C. set up an Escrow Agreement account with Wells Fargo bank.  Law firms Motley Rice and Beasley Allen also filed motions to establish a qualified settlement fund.

Judge Joseph Goodwin

Judge Joseph Goodwin

Coloplast – MDL 2387 ~ The Danish company has been in the settlement mode since day one, according to Garrard, but they’ve not had much discussion of settlement with Plaintiffs’ lawyers. Now they are reported to be in a speed- up mode.  See Coloplast Pretrial Order #77 (here).

Judge Joseph Goodwin, who oversees the MDL, says if significant progress is not made in the MDL he will put a half docket in the fast track for work up.  It would be on the trial dockets in early 2016. A Minnesota judge working up PSI order in 15 days and pushing discovery. The judge in Minnesota is pushing those cases.

In September, Coloplast announced it would increase its mesh legal budget by $448 million for a total of about $727 million.  The company had settled 400 lawsuits last year for $16 million.  Coloplast is facing 2,323 lawsuits filed in the MDL and likely more claims globally.  Since it is not a U.S. company, there is not SEC report filed. See the announcement here.

TVT Secur, Megamed Service

TVT Secur, Megamed Service

Ethicon – MDL 2327 ~ Is the ten thousand pound elephant in the room.  A trial is set for December for 30 Plaintiffs implanted with the TVT (transvaginal tape) which will be a product defect case only.  There are no individual cases. As a sterile design defect the trial is a disadvantage to the Plaintiff, however if they are successful with the TVT trial, it will represent a major problem for Ethicon, a division of Johnson & Johnson.

Ethicon is facing 44,400 personal product liability cases,  according to an October SEC report. See it here.

Also set were 200 cases for November addressing the oldest filed Ethicon cases.  These are good for the Plaintiff because many of the older cases are the better cases.  Recently Judge Goodwin sent out a notice to Plaintiffs’ firms to work up another 200 cases and have that to him by November 9. That process puts pressure on the Defendant.

The problem with Ethicon it says it will not settle TVT and TVT-O cases with a product in place and a non-surgical outcome because there is no demonstration of injury, says Ethicon. We are exploring how to deal with that said Garrard.

See Pretrial order #203 which dismisses without prejudice the 87 Plaintiffs listed in Exhibit A attached to PTO #199.  That means then can be filed in the District Court closest to the Plaintiff, in this case North Texas.  Here is the list of Plaintiffs.

According to Garrard, the mass advertising campaign currently seen on late night television is not helpful to get the Ethicons of the world resolved, largely because these cases dilute the better cases.

Ironically, not five minutes after a conversation with Mr. Garrard, I got a call on my cell phone from “Steve” of Medical Healthcare Center.  He told me medical compensation might be offered if I had bladder sling surgery in the past, which I have not.   #

1. Pam says:

Thanks for the update as always Jane!! If it weren’t for you, then the 100’s of 1000’s of us wouldn’t know anything about what’s going on. Your commitment & dedication to attend every meeting & trial is noble of your life! !

Thank you again! !

Now, what is the last comment from Steve? Can you elaborate what it meant if he had mesh then it would have already settled? ?

2. K says:

It’s sad they chose cases that are a disadvantage to the plaintiffs. If Ethicon wins the December trial they will low ball everyone if they settle or continue to drag it out. So unfair and tragic!

• Telicia says:

I am a single mother of 4 kids, I trusted my Doctor who knew it wasn’t a good idea. He had me sign a waiver and is not liable for his horrible surgeries. 3 surgeries later, mesh never completely removed. Bladder issues. No, it isn’t fair to me and my kids who went without because I was the only one working and providing for me and my kids. :'( mdl 2327

3. Diva 64 says:

I just had my ” DYNAMIC PELVIC MRI+ this week to locate the mesh, then arrived at the doctors office 4 days later, where I was sent o a different to a different office, I am thinking they must schedule the surgeries from this side. But instead I was greeted by a more stern lady that tells me I need to bring my bill up to date, or pay at least half, or I well not be able to be seen today. I informed the woman that I had been called and reminded of the appointment no one said a word. I drive 90 miles to get there and 90 back.I had just paid out $78 co pay on the MRI 3 days ago, I live on SSDI, I was informed she would go back and talk to the manager , then she returned and said if I paid half I could be seen. I paid a hundred I did not have. Looks like my TVl phone and internet well get shut down this month. I have been really sick and had extra expenses due to an upper respiratory infection/ basically pneumonia , it has taken 3 rounds of antibiotics and a medrol dose pack, cough meds, etc to get me back up. With my auto immune system now compromised from the mesh ( I now have Lupus) I was short financially. And to top it all off, they had me scheduled with a ARNP, who had never seen me and knew nothing of my case. What happened to my beloved Dr Christopher Walker. . I was not getting very far with the nurse practitioner that didn’t know my case ( if I had wanted a nurse – I could have stayed home and looked in the mirror) so she did get me a doctor, this was alady that had recently joined Dr Walker service I had meet my previous time, that went a lot smoother, we did speak of some surgery to lengthen my vagina as of this date not even a child speculum will work. My next appointment is Dec 2, Ladies or Ladies and gentleman I am going to ask if you all get together and take up a collection of maybe $5.00 each and send it to Jabe maybe she can buy a pre paid Visa to send to my doctor to be sure I see MY DOCTOR. CR Bard is talking settlements now. I well me more than happy to donate back for the next lady that finds her life in Crisis, and it is this close to the finish line. I was hoping if we could get the mesh out we could reverse the auto immune disease it does not look like it well happen for this FL gal, who loved the ocean and the sunlight and now must avoid it all. Thank you lady, and the very best to each of you. Your all in my prayers

4. kitty says:

What is going on with appeal for Linda Gross.

J n J?

5. janet says:

I keep reading that these cases will come to a end

But they will never come to an end for us women that have been butchered by these manufacturers.

I understand the amount of cases these courts have but if you watch these attorneys are constantly changing dates and pushing back

We deserve to have this come a end and the outcomes should be greater than what I have read about

I am still having procedures and the cost of them and my med from pain,depression ,nerve pain, and other medications. My insurance only allows 3000,a year I can not even afford that the rest of the year

Antibiotics for my constant UTI’S I have to live like this the rest of my life because of manufacturing companies were neglagent

It seems the courts are letting them do what ever they want

I really wish they could fill our pain it’s real

I have list everything and my one child still at home during this ordeal lost so much of being able to enjoy her life during jr. And senior high it was taking care if me

Living out of a garage going outside to a bathroom in the cold because I could know longer work my jobs .I list everything because of these manufacturers. .but these people could care less what they have caused for us they do not care we live in HELL day by day hour by hour

If they did they would stop complaining and take care of us for as long as our health is bad because of them

Boston scientific made a product similar to this and it did the same to women and they settled those cases in 2003 I believe about r close 800

So, why was this product back on the market once again

Please will someone stand bold for us and help us get what we deserve so we can get back what we have lost and be able to take care of our health before we start losing women that we should not be losing

Judge Goodwin please hear our cries

This is way to long, please help us get justice

And to Jane ,everyone is correct if it has not been for you and this page we would never hear anything regarding anything

Because most of the cries I see and hear are from women that are getting very depressed because there has been know communication from the attorneys working for them we are all in limbo hanging out here with bad health and a system that is taking there time and trying to play God with our health

But you have been our voice and our ROCK

6. K says:

My attorney is still saying three more years for Ethicon.

7. Is it going to really be another 3 years for Johnson and Johnson

No one can say that. If they suffer more losses in court, they will settle…. its all a numbers game for them. Though they have said they will not pay for just a mesh in place case and no medical management is my understanding.

8. Diva 64 says:

I have to almost laugh , they won’t pay if no medical management. Damn , I think the doctors most of them are in bed with the pharmaceutical companies. You might want to look up the word Pharmacy in a Greek translation. Then there is not much left to be surprised by about the Mesh killing off us women. So how did we get all these women haters together, the mesh manufactures who knew not to let the mesh be placed in a human body, the bio mesh. Then I am amazed that they are still placing these kits in women. I think I would have rather walked around with a small Cather bag, than have ended up with Lupus, No vagina, ulcer, rectal poll ops if that is what it was, and recotocele where my bowel is moving into the vaginal wall area. God to think how healthy I had been. How active I had been. How much exercise by walking I used to get. Like last night I was standing in line at a Kohls, the cashier and the lady in front of me was having a long conversation in a language other than English. I started hurting over my right pelvic bone, with pain radiating down my leg, I have 3 toes that have nerve damage ( no I am not a diabetic) and today when I got up the area on my right side has a horrible big bruised area. although I hit up against nothing. My stool looks black today like old blood. Well I ever even see a penny from the settlements I wonder. some days.I wonder if I will live long enough, if not it should be a wrongful death suit.

9. Diva 64 says:

I wonder if we set a date and we all got together or as many as possible and did a “PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION’ maybe in front of CHARLESTON, WV Superior or federal court., or appeared at every case possible filling the court rooms and lobbies and streets. Where people, the world put faces tortured racked with pain, diseased bodies after the mesh implants, instead of just the TV commercials sponsored by attorneys offices. The public , the judges , the attorneys, the manufactures, actually see us, would that make a difference. Or we get someone like Oprah to fill her audience full of us ladies, and interviews people at random throughout the show. There has to be a way to battle this publicly where we get the manufactures to stop dragging their feet in the settlements, so we can get the medical care we need. So we can convenes these doctors to stop putting these kits in women, To stop the other doctors from turning their heads the other way, Ok No mesh, where did it go, what about the supporting anchors or tie downs to the pelvic bones or super pubic anterior ram bone. I was having pain from this long before things ever appeared on TV telling of symptoms, I had a doctor tell me I would need to go to Malibu for reconstructive surgery.. Yet to date all I have had is a lot of MRI’s and pelvic ultrasound that says I have no ovaries or uterus. Wow I have known that since 1984. All those thousands spent to tell me what I already told them without charging them a dime. Do any of the women have a plane or their husbands have air plane a large one, and the kind of money or buses it would take for us to travel across the US to make our statement…..

Lets pick one person a week and have everyone contribute/contact that person at the same time….Ican get that going…. think of women of influence, broadcasters, lawmakers, authors, radio folks etc…

• Jan says:

I like the idea of every mesh victim emailing Oprah, not just for one week, but for a month!! She may just take an interest.

• Kris says:

I need advice my lawyer said cr bard wants to settle . I have had 6 years of hell and 6 surgeries and so many procedures. Can u email me I really need advice should I take it or not . I have CREATED BARD AND JOHNSON AND JOHNSON. PLEASE EMAIL SO I CAN ASK UR OPTION PLEASE.

• Karen Haney says:

I’m in….they think I now have dysautonomia due to this mesh….I may not live to see the settlement!

10. janet says:

Spoke with my attorneys office yesterday

Apparently they know nothing about these meetings

They informed me that Boston scientific only settled AMS

They also informed me that Boston scientific is going to trial on all cases they eill not settle any of there cases

So, I see all this and finally hoping and praying that God has finally taken care of us

But, now after talking with them there is no hope for anything soon

My attorneys stated they are looking at another 6,7 plus years

So, what is the truth please

The truth is they don’t know, they are guessing. A few major defeats at trial and it is very likely all will agree to settle,,,, but it could take years…. really no one knows, in my opinion.

Jane

I really believe they want us not to get well

We are being stripped of everything especially our health

And trying to work only part-time it really puts alot of difficulty on our lives.

We really need this to be over

I will not be able to keep up with my medical

Soon

I think they are not thinking of you. It’s a business model where profits come first. As soon as profits are hit by verdicts, then they will settle. It’s hard not to take it personally, but I don’t think they see you as persons…
          I’m sorry. It really is a sociopathic business model in my opinion.

11. Debbie Edwards says:

I am so on board with emailing someone ever week/every day for a month, what ever you want. I am NOT doing anything anyway. Please let us know who and when.

I was fixing dinner a few nights ago, (Fox)and I heard them talking about a internet blogger why goes after companies that are messinng over people and go after them on Facebook, Twitter, etc. They use media to explore them to the public, but I don’t get the name grrrrrrr. So I was wondering if anyone watched the same program? I am not good with computers and not sure where a person would even start looking, so if anyone does please let us know. That would be a great place to start emailing.

• Still Standing says:

Be very very careful getting on social media to call out your mesh manufacturer. I would almost guarantee that the law firm that represents you will be extremely upset about it and could use it as a means to drop your case. Then no one will take it if you have splattered all your anger on social media. Just not a good idea at this time. Also will remind the readers here who want to contact powerful people to write as one voice. A More organized campaign will be more impactful where they are given the facts about mesh, how women are suffering, and how women are being treated. If they get hundreds of rambling emails that dont represent the basic facts, it will have less chance of being noticed.

• Nancy S says:

Why would the companies even care. The only reason they take notice is because of pending lawsuits. If they lived one day in our shoes it might be different. I would be curious to know how many women were involved in the manufacturing of these products.

12. Diva 64 says:

Sent an e mail to Oprah’s staff tonight/am asking them to read the MEDICAL MESH NEWS DESK ,and see all the problems that hundreds of thousands of us ladies are going through including the slow to settle when money is needed for medical care. I suggested she contact Jane Akre. We can all pray this well happen. Oprah is a Big name and carries a lot of power with her name.

13. stopmeshimplants says:

Jane,

I think Erin Brakovich would be an excellent resource for us to contact. She is intelligent, confident and is not afraid to take a stand for causes she believes in. I thought I read that she has already helped women outside of the US with this very topic. Perhaps we could start with Erin. What do you think?

Sorry but she was contacted early on and she took a pass. While she does advocate for women, she is also a front person for her law firm…. in other words, she is soliciting cases. Nothing wrong with that but you should know, that is what she does, that is, at least partially, her motivation. She got into the mesh issue too late where others were already represented so she went to Australia I believe. Then got into the Essure issue. Her assistant called me once, and I was friendly but never heard again. Yes, she should have seen this as an important issue early on. I’m surprised she didn’t. I know the person who contacted her initially, but again, she failed to get involved. ….too bad. But it doesn’t hurt to contact her and see what she says…..

• Sara says:

The worst court to desl with. 60% of clients refused to accept the paltry sum and as a nurse i know they plan to pay bak my insurance company and take more beyond their 40% to a charity. I have most of the surgeries i had last summer another revision and 6 surgeries after all after permanent damage and internal mesh causes infections almost 100% of the time bladder and UTI with bladder spasms and. Renal colic. The pain we women suffered these men will never comprehend. Ive got a bladder full of mesh sfter 3 revisions and ecternal in the cavity it wrapped around an ovary its enlarged full of cysts and they needed it to rupture or go after it in 4 to 8 weeks. It was found in ER as i felt cramps worse then labor pains. They restructored the court in April pretending we dont know that and still want me to accept minimal funds they put $75.00 lost wages ( a licensed nurse and liced Realtor) only would include 2 revisions. I told them they missed thier calender deadline, the court restructured without any contact from them. As up until i was notified in writing in the fall of 2014 we couldnt recieve a settlement until Jan 2016. Well i was resturctured too and they wish to ignore my recent medical records of another revision and 5 more surgeries with the sacral spinal stimulstors. Other women got the money for future care of this stimulator. We must pray and continue to not sign anything! AMS and ENDO didnt file bankruptcy or auction their company. They are still profitting and they make so many other supplies that they got to advantage of restucture their court.. But exspect the victims to accept the old paultry sum. Because if you accept a settlement you cannot ask your insurance to cover any future problems even UTIs all out of pocket. It will pay off the bills and supposed to cover future bills. Its true other companies paid women over several million ( most that achieved that are nurses) had the sacral spinal stimulars and permanent damage. My vagina is now so frail Liquid BM is leaking out. If it is unrepairable i will have the tissue removed and no vagina possibly lose my bladder… Im 55 9 years of this and im was denied an appeal or a jury trial… Which a few simple law malpractice books say they cant refuse you these things or they are not supporting you but qick money for themselves and good terms in the end with the perpetrators of these things inflicted by these liaible companies!

14. Shauna says:

The website says that my case was filed March 2015. Do you know how long this case will go on against Boston Scientific?

It looked like they had some meeting the last two days.

• Mundy says:

What website r u using please email me

• Pam says:

Shauna, mine was filed in 2012, & according to the lawyer they’re still a ways from settling. Although, mine is J&J, & they’re certainly going to be the very last to do anything if ever at all. It’s a sad situation all the way around, & they’d rather spend Millions to Billions fighting this rather than settling their screw up!!!

But, they say they make no profits from TVM. Well, then why keep fighting to keep it on the market is my question?

• Janet says:

I have Boston scientific was implanted Feb 06

Had 3 revisions and so many procedures

Filed my case in 09

My attorneys stated another 7,8,10 yrs at the most

If even then..I will not be able to afford insurance soon. I only work part-time because of all the pain like others have list everything. I live from place to place right now

• Nanny Bug says:

Sweety I had surgery 4 times done since 2011 & my suit was filed almost 4 years a go. I had two meshes TVT by J & J . All I hear is absolutely NOTHING !!!! I was blessed to have some of it removed. Some is still inside me & I have terrible nerve damage too. I recently pulled my own records & saw one of my specialist had not put the things I had told him was wrong with me in my file. He actually put I had no complaints about the issues .I left his office crying because of the harsh way he talk to me. He even said he watched me before as I was leaving & he had talk to my prior surgeons. It was his opinion after two years I was lying to be able to file a law suit . I wanted to go got his throat !!!! He referred me for a vaginal ultrasound to see what was going on . The lady could not get the probe to go into my vagina past may be an inch . The man doing the test tried to insert the probe and he couldn’t get it inside me either. The report said nothing out of normal was found . I felt like I was being raped while they were trying to force that probe into me . I can tell you if it had not of shrunk so much it may hVe not been so painful. I laid on the table crying silently with tears flowing like a river. I begged her to please try to make it go further so it could reveal what was happening to me !!! One doctor put a shot of something into my vagina right after my 1st removal . It hurt so bad yo lay on that table the surgeon gave me s wash rag to bite down on to keep me from screaming . It was so unbearable I couldn’t drive home & almost caused 3 wrecks before pulling my car off of the road . My grandchildren have saw me bleeding out badly & one grandson had to drive me to the hospital . He wasn’t even old enough to be driving yet. Two grandsons have had to help me up , watch me try to make it to the bathroom & ruin my clothes . See & hear me setting on the toilet or laying in bed crying from such terrible pain . The nerve damage had got so bad down my right leg that four of my toes have no feeling . I had started getting something called drop foot & I fell over my foot and broke the tibia, fibula in my leg, broke my foot and ankel & was bed tinned for 4 months . It gets worse but I’ll stop here . I’m sure you ladies all understand my pain . I can’t even walk on the beach right or the floor . I have fell several times & have a walker and Cain that Im so imbarassed to use. Example urinating on the front of the toilet seat & my legs , frequently having UTI’s , can’t tolerate setting for long at all , urinating on myself before I make it to the toilet on my clothes . I even urinated on myself in Walmart checking out . I couldn’t hold my urine it just comes when it wants to . I started back wearing pads again within 4-5 months after they were put in . Within 3 months I knew something was bad wrong & the surgeon refused to see me until a balance of a little over $300.00was paid. I didn’t have the money & my heart was so broke. I have run off and talk about several events here but you all get the jest of my stories . I feel my grandchildren should be compensated for all the terrible things they have witnessed . Trust me if there ever is compensation they will be getting s part of mine because of this too. This is s family horror not a husband wife nightmare !!! May The Lord have mercy & help every single injured woman in Jesus name I do pray Amen !!

• Janet says:

I am going g in surgery 3 and about 100 procedures and still having procedures for pain do to the band’s. My implant of 2 meshes was 06..filed In 09 still nothing my attorneys will never update me..I find out things through this site..

I really believe our health does not matter to anyone but us.

Attorneys are for what they make off us 40% per woman

So even if we get 5 thousand they come out the winners

• Diva 64 says:

Your story sounds so much like mineand others I am sure, I am on hld until I can pay my doctor also, but IDK where I am suppose to find this extra $300. dollars, they want to hit me with, took ten years to find a decent doctor now $$$ stands in my way. My medicine to treat my lupus even moved up to tier 4 costing me more than I can afford to pay. Dooms day. Jade Helms by pharmeceutical companies of TVM. We don’t have to do boots on the ground. Prays to you and all of us women wounded and nearly killed or dying from TVM complications.

15. Diva 64 says:

THE JUDGE DOES NOT WANT THEM TO FIGHT IT JUST TO SETTLE IT

• Janet says:

Does anyone know the manufacturers that want to settle

My attorneys advised me Boston scientific wants to fight in court other than the AMS side settled

Johnson & Johnson same they want to fight until they both win

Which could be the 10 yrs r more

No one knows how long it could be. Realistically, how could they? J&J always says it doesn’t want to settle, just before it does! Boston is settling some cases,,, in fact they all are, J&J settles before or during a trial generally. Put your search terms in the search box of Mesh News Desk and you will find out more… put in “settlements”

16. Jill Singer says:

. Is there a specific amount of time a company has to pay that settlement or can they just not pay forever? Also I have new health issues like auto-immune,could that be related the pelvic mesh?

17. Diva 64 says:

HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO PROCEED. , I HAVE A GREAT DOCTOR, BUT NOW I CAN’T GET SEEN UNTIL MY PAST DUE ACCOUNT IS CLEARED. IS THERE ANY FUND TO HELP THOSE IN NEED. i AM SO CLOSE TO THE END OF MY MEDICAL CARE IF THEY ARE GOING TO DO ANYTHING. I HATE TO HAVE TO STOP NOW, AFTER FINALLY FINDING THE RIGHT DOCTOR,BUT IT IS TOUCH WHEN YOU LIVE ON SSDI, HAVE NO ONE TO DEPEND ON AND LOOKED FOR A DOCTOR THAT ACTUALLY AGREES AND DOCUMENTS THE CAUSE OF YOUR PROBLEMS.. NOW I AM STUCK , NO MONEY, MY ROOM MATE MOVED BACK TO HIS HOMETOWN, THAT LEAVES ME SHORT ANOTHER $600. A MONTH. OH WELL GOD DOES LOOK AFTER US AND I AM SURE HE WILL MAKE A WAY. I STILL HAVE INTERNET AND TV AND IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CUT OFF FRIDAY.

I hesitate to ask, but can your law firm help?

• Sara says:

They refuse to restucture clients as the court was able to restructure. They excluded the most and worst prodedures so far. Only 2 past revisions. Since 2007 second revision i had to obtain disability… They wont pay for the surgeries such as sacral spinal nerve stimulstor!! Other courts approved and gave resonable compsentation.

• Jan says:

It is so sad that they treat us like trash you throw out and put in a waste field. .what makes since is to give 5/6MIL across the table for each person.. that’s what an honest forth person would do after injuring someone. .
          But instead these BILLION dollar manufacturers hit us with insult to injuries. .
          This is what moral and honest people do I would never use ang of there products. .always ask before you receive anything from a manufacturer. . Because who will protect you not them and thee Judges are trying so hard and believe me they are most likely hanging there heads low because of there dishonesty to the public KEEP FIGHTING THEY OWE US FOR THERE MISTAKE AND THERE CHOICE TO INJURY US

18. Janet says:

Tell me when and where

• Sara says:

Im too ill to travel easily but i will one way or another. They take so much of your paultry some beyond 40% so if you must pay any further bills even bladder or kidney infections out of pocket it you accept it, otherwise you’re on your own insurance wont pay a dime that has anything to do with your pelvic organs!

19. john wimer says:

These people ruined my wife and my lives we have been dealing with this since 2006 still nothing I would like the names of the ceos when these meshes came to market !if anyone could find them all for Mr would appreciate it especially cola plastic and Boston scientific!

20. theresa says:

I signed a settlement agreement almost 2 yrs ago. I was told at that time by my attorney that I would receive my settlement within the next month, since then my attorneys will not give me any information, They say the money is with a holding co. and they have no information as to who has it and how long it will take to receive it. Basically just blowing me off after they received their 40 percent. Does anyone have any info on who I can contact about this?

• Jan says:

Following some if the details
      Ck wells Fargo
      They were suppose to be some if the holdings
      Thus is very sad
      Who is your attorneys and we’re r the located

21. jan says:

This is all so sad
    The brag on how much they have to fight these cases $185 Billion
    But yet they want to settle with nothing
    These judges need to wise up to these manufacturers
    Our bodies have been altered we will never be normal.
    If they took that money and gave each woman $5 mil they could get good healthcare. This should not be up to us to pay for there mistakes
    But yet the government and all the judges are letting it happen

22. Vi says:

I have had 6 revision surgeries and have at least three more ahead of me that I know of. I can’t have sex with my husband . It’s been over 3 yrs. I have so much vaginal scarring and pain that is ridiculous. Let’s not talk about all of the urinary issues I’ve had .. I had a bladder obstruction from the mesh and had to self catch ..hydronephrosis.. multiple UTIs ..blood in my urine ..scarring of the bladder.. scarring of the urethra.. severe abdominal and groin pain that moves into my legs at times.. and I feel like my femininity has been taken. The sad thing is we pay medical providers to take care of us and I have come across more than one doctor that was not willing to treat me because they felt like the symptoms were bogus and I was just looking out to make money. The funny thing is I complained of symptoms immediately after the mesh was placed.. oh and did I say I had 3 mesh products place in me the first initial surgery. I knew right away something was wrong. my doctor said I just need to give it a year for my body to heal. I had my mesh placed in 2009 but didn’t file suit until 2012 so I went 2 years without even knowing that there were litigations against the mesh makers. The last surgery I had October 20th 2016 to remove mesh i almost died. A 30 minute surgery turned into an eight-hour surgery and I almost bled to death. These pharmaceutical companies haven’t even touched the scope of complications that us women have suffered at the hands of their negligence. Just a thought I wonder if they would have implanted these devices in their mothers ,daughters and wives? The sad thing is if we win our lawsuits we probably won’t even see most of the money.

Vi-I hope you have competent representation that is fighting for you… six revision surgeries it a lot to endure…. Please make sure they have all of your records! I’m sorry.

23. Diane says:

Jane,
    Isn’t there a limit on how long these mesh companies can drag out these cases? Like 5 years maybe?? Thanks for what you do.

I’m not a lawyer but they are being worked up for trial and the trials is scheduled when the judge says time’s up! As far as appeals, they get an initial bite to the court of appeals, then as is in the case of Huskey, they appeal to the state Supreme Court or the U/S Supreme Court. If that court denies listening to the case( which they usually will unless there are some conflicting lower court rulings) then it’s up. That’s about to happen in the Husky case. That would mean that Huskey, Linda Gross, Christine Scott and Donna Cisson have all survived appeals! Stay tuned on Huskey!!!!!