Scotland Mesh Ban Continues With Your Help

Elaine Holmes, Scottish Mesh Survivors

Mesh Medical Device News Desk, July 24, 2017 ~ Scotland has led the way with a ban on mesh procedures due to the tireless campaigning of the mesh injured.

You can help them and here’s how:

Elaine Holmes testifying to Parliament

In Scotland – Elaine Holmes of Scottish Mesh Survivors is urging women across the world to add their own views and experiences to help campaigners persuade the Scottish government to keep the mesh implant suspension in place.

Scotland does not have the authority to outright ban mesh that lies with the MHRA, Scotland’s version of the FDA.  It is almost wholly funded by the medical industry many of which make mesh implants, according to the group.

However Scotland can continue the suspension for as long as it takes for more awareness to show the dangers.

If Scotland’s leads the way in protecting women from further injury. “Let’s hope other countries will follow suit and stop playing Russian Roulette with women’s lives,” says Elaine.

Doctors have failed to lodge the true injury figures allowing manufacturers and watchdogs to continue claiming these procedures are safe. Women everywhere need to use their voice to get the truth out there

Photo from Daily Record, UK

We hope women all over will send their views to our Parliament so we can make a difference around d the world,” says Elaine.

The links are below and it is vital that campaigners around the world help each other by spreading the truth about these dangerous devices.  If woman will please take a few moments to write their views to add to the petition, this will help influence our politicians and hopefully others will follow.

Secretary Shona Robison to continue to suspend the use of such implants in hospitals.  Campaigners hope that if Scotland continues to suspend the use of mesh, other countries will follow suit.

Submissions must be no more than that which fill 3 A4 sides of paper. For you in the U.S. that’s a 9 by 11 inch piece of standard printer paper.

Please include full name and mark it clearly Scottish Mesh Survivors “Hear Our Voice” Petition PE1517 and email it to: petitions@parliament.scot for consideration by the Petition’s Committee. It must be received by 1 September 2017.

1. Bejah Blue says:

Dearest sisters….I am sorry to be so dense but the paper size description is way over my head as are most numbers, alas. Can you state paper size more simply so even I can understand? Thanks. I will then submit some words that may be of service to our common cause. Love ya,

Bejah

2. Jeanette M says:

Good Morning, I had sacrocolpexy surgery done in 2004 and had continuing UTI’s. 2005 Things went very wrong. I had 3 more major procedures that year. My husband was told they could not get it all as it had grown into my bowel and to remove it would have perforated the bowel. My life steam rolled into one of infections, debilitating pain and chronic sadness. (That is only a small preview of what happened to me for years) I continue to decline with pain all over my body. In 2011 I was diagnosed with Lupus/SLE. I thought this was the end of my problems and I was now going to get better. This was not the case. I continued to get infections. Although i did for a small amount of time have some quality of life I have never felt well. People with Lupus once diagnosed have long lengths of time with good health and can at most lead a normal life. This is not the case for me. My health has continued to decline till now my world is very small. My husband does just about everything. I am still working this is a terrible struggle as I lose a lot of time from work due to infections and pain. I am ill at this present moment and really now have decided I cannot carry on working. I want this mesh banned and for all women injured to get the assistance they require to ease the burden of this terrible debilitating, excruciating life of pain and misery that we now live. Thank you.

Jeanette- I’m so sorry… at least for repeat UTIs d-mannose, Superior labs has been suggested. It acts like an antibiotic. Buy it on Amazon… This is my understanding from a pain specialist. It sounds like you might not have gone to a specialist in mesh complications to have it all removed. Please let me know where you are located janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com and I can suggest someone based on other’s recommendations. Thank you.

3. Sheila Cassidy says:

This mesh should be completely banned. Implanted in me 2004 have had numerous bladder infections been on anti biotics since 2004 signed off by consultant 13 years my health has been on the decline rheumatoid arthritis was the conclusion. Now I cannot walk asked for years if it could be mesh related as health was declining too fast. Then discovered Scottish mesh group my symptoms clearly discribed. Took this to doctor now I have referral to urology life now non existent but small light to have removal better late than never. I do not wish anyone to suffer like I still am so please ban this product.

4. Maxine says:

My tvto was inserted in 2010.i have had problems now for 3 years and I am getting worse daily and still no one listening or doing anything we are just left to get on with it.jyst being prescribed pain killers then that becomes another problem. Its discusting no words will can express how we are all feeling

Maxine, pain killers are not the answer in my opinion and in the opinion of mesh doctors…. please seek help from an expert. Do you have the ability to travel? Where are you located? Insurance? Please reply.