No More Tears as J&J Readies for Pelvic Mesh Trials

ethicon twoJune 28, 2016, Mesh Medical Device News Desk ~ Update on Pelvic Mesh Trials Naming Defendant J&J

What has happened to pelvic mesh trials?

For a while the defective product pelvic mesh trials were scheduled in rapid succession.

Trials were conducted naming the major defendants – Ethicon, Boston Scientific, C.R. Bard and were held in federal court in Charleston WV, Massachusetts, Dallas, in California and New Jersey. In the majority of cases, the verdicts for and jury awards to the plaintiffs ran into the millions of dollars.

Then settlements began, quietly, covertly and much too slowly.

Byrd federal court, Charleston WV

Byrd federal court, Charleston WV

AMS began settling cases when it faced financial trouble and a sale to Endo. C.R. Bard announced some settlements as did Boston Scientific.  But four years after formation of the federal multidistrict litigation in Charleston, WV, where 93,000 cases are consolidated and waiting for trials – litigation has largely stopped.

Judge Joseph Goodwin

Judge Joseph Goodwin

Judge Joseph Goodwin hoped to push both sides toward settlement and promised neither would like his future rulings.

The settlement dollars have been slow to be issued or so paltry that after legal fees and liens are paid, may not cover even one year much less a lifetime of medical care that may be needed.

Women have died, become homeless and are running out of options.

Besides one reported settlement, Johnson & Johnson continues to hold out and vows to continue in court.

That may change as defense and plaintiffs are in a head-on collision course to another succession of trials beginning in August.

j&j LOGONO MORE TEARS Johnson & Johnson Ahead

Beginning in August and through the rest of this year and into next, J&J and its Ethicon division will face a barrage of trials.

Most are filed in Philadelphia in the Court of Common Pleas. Ten cases are set for trial, according to the docket and the plaintiffs are represented by Kline & Specter of Philadelphia.

More on the Philadelphia trials in a moment, but the next pelvic mesh trial is set for federal court in Charleston WV.

TVT-O from TVT Meshed Up, UK

TVT-O from TVT Meshed Up, UK

TVT-O from beckenbodenzentrummuenster.de

TVT-O from beckenbodenzentrummuenster.de

August 12, 2016

EDWARDS V ETHICON, (Case No. 2:12-cv-09972), Friday, August 12 is jury selection, trial commences Monday, August 15, 2016, 8:30 a.m. Pretrial conference July 21, 2016 to explore any final options such as settlement.

The defendant corporation is Ethicon, a division of Johnson & Johnson, the manufacturer facing the largest number of mesh cases (33,557 on the docket) consolidated in this federal court among seven manufacturers. Ms T. Edwards of Georgia, and her husband are the plaintiffs.

This is the fifth delay for this trial. Attorneys are Mark Mueller, John Fabry, Breanne Vandermeer for Ms. Edwards and Christy Jones and Dave Thomas for Ethicon.

Ms. Edwards was implanted with a TVT-O by Dr. Harold Wittcoff.  Court documents show Ethicon attorneys, want to exclude the expert opinion of Dr. John T. Steege, who would testify TVT-O was defective and caused her present day pain.

Dr. Elizabeth Kavaler, from Linda Gross case

Dr. Elizabeth Kavaler, from Linda Gross case

Defense experts include Dr. Elizabeth Kavaler, previously seen in the Gross trial, to issue a report as well as Dr. Stanley Zaslau.

A List of Exhibits and witnesses includes the Patent by De Leval, an email chain including Piet Hinoul involving an IFU rewrite, an email chain about TVT complaints alleging brittle mesh and blue shi*, and a list of hundreds of other exhibits, many seen in other Ethicon trials.

The case was filed December 31, 2012.

This trial is limited to six days writes Judge Goodwin in a June 12, 2015 order.   Edwards v. Ethicon, see the  Complaint here.

BACKGROUND –  The TVT-O has already been found to be defective in this same courtroom before Judge Joseph Goodwin in the Huskey v. Ethicon trial. See the background story here.    Also in the Linda Batiste case in Dallas in April 2014, the jury concluded the TVT-O made by Ethicon was defective and awarded Ms. Batiste $1.2 million. See the story here.

Meanwhile, Waves of cases will be heard in groups and are currently on a pre-trial schedule heading for trial in Charleston federal court.

TVT mesh breaks apart, Wisbech Standard, UK

Photo by T. Rogers

MULLINS V. JOHNSON & JOHNSON/ ETHICON , (Case No.2:12-CV-02952), Mullins completion of pretrial should be June 30, 2016 and a trial date can then be set according to Judge Goodwin’s order of March 15. PTO #217.
Mullins complaint
, July 11, 2012, U.S. District Court, Southern District WV. Background story on MND here

This is a trial of 37 plaintiffs appearing at one time before Judge Goodwin in Charleston, WV.  All of the plaintiffs had been implanted with Johnson & Johnson’s TVT (transvaginal tape) and all are from West Virginia. Even though different implanting doctors are involved, the injuries are similar enough to consolidate them into one case before Judge Goodwin in this multidistrict litigation.

Dr. D. Veronikis

Dr. D. Veronikis

As of now, deposition is set for Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, M.D. for July 11, 2016 in St. Louis pertaining to his treatment of four women, and the deposition of  Dr. Jerry G. Blaivas, M.D. on July 7th in New York City, related to two plaintiffs.

Confidential shreading, Lomac.co.uk

Confidential shredding, Lomac.co.uk

In a filing June 27, 2016, plaintiffs ask to amend the original complaint and include the spoliation issue to case which is recognized under West Virginia law to be a stand-alone issue.

J&J purportedly destroyed hundreds of thousands of documents that were related to mesh litigation before any trials were heard. Plaintiffs have since determined that more instances of purported spoliation have occurred since it was first revealed.  See PTO#100 Doc #1069 Feb. 4, 2014 on spoliation.

See the background story on Mesh News Desk here and here

On Monday, Judge Joseph Goodwin granted plaintiffs’ Motion for Leave and to Amend the Complaint to add spoliation issue (Doc #821). Plaintiffs want to depose Ronald L Rink who oversaw the human resources files and documents that were part of the Ethicon Global Production.

This consolidated case will focus on design defect. Defective warning, breach of warranty may be added to this case. The Defendant wants  the plaintiffs to have to prove a safer design alternative design existed as part of a design defect claim.

You may recall that pre-trial order #214 had to do with the parameters set for the Defense to conduct the medical examinations of the women in Wave One.  See the story here.bs logo

ALSO NEXT UP Boston Scientific- DallasSolyx sis system

Figueroa v Boston Scientific, September 12, 2016, 8:30 am, (DC-13-03145), Dallas, Texas, before Judge Ken Molberg.

This case is in settlement mode, though has not settled yet and is still on the docket.  Ms. Y. Figueroa is also suing the doctor Celso Hernandez MD and Baylor Surgicare at Mansfield LLC. Dallas. On June 4, 2011 she was implanted with a Solyx SIS pelvic mesh for incontinence by Dr. Hernandez for SUI. Proxy Biomedical Ltc. An Irish company, Manufactures PP mesh component but is not subject to the jurisdiction of this court.

PART TWO- PHILADELPHIA IS THE STAGE FOR 10 UPCOMING PELVIC MESH TRIALS INVOLVING DEFENDANT J&J

1. k says:

Finally spoliation is allowed!!! Way to go Judge Goodwin!!!

• k says:

Perhaps he does care about our suffering. I was really beginning to wonder. People will never understand what mesh has taken from so many of us. It is a very lonely place to be because many doctors don’t understand the complications and many of us have had to work 24/7 to figure out what care we need. There needs to be a standard of care for the mesh injured and it needs to happen VERY quickly. This is so cruel!!

• Marina says:

How true. For me, 26 years of misery and just now have discovered the mesh and clips are the problem. Mesh implanted in the USA during obturator surgery, but now live in Canada. Was told last week “no help available” for my pain. Seems nowhere to turn.

Are you in touch a mesh women in Canada? Can you travel to the states? There is usually something that can be done…,please let us know if you can travel.

• Marina says:

Travel to FL each winter, altho getting more difficult. Being referred to a neurosurgeon, but will take many months/yr for appt.

2. T. D. says:

Glad to see Judge Goodwin finally getting Fed Up! Also, I don’t know who Wisbech Standard, U K is? But that photo of the mesh breaking apart is a photo that I personally took. 🙂

Then you should have the credit. I will change that…. I get foreign photos because there is less chance of facing copyright issues….. thanks. I guess your pics went around the world!

3. Toni says:

So I am in the MDL in new Jersey but I hear absolutely nothing of trials happening there. Why is that. Are we just a forgotten group of women suffering in silence. And why are majority in WV but this separate smaller group in NJ? Be nice to get some straight answers. Not getting anything from my attorney.

Toni much of that information is online so perhaps you could gather it and write a story? I’m doing the best I can.

• Cybil says:

Who was your implanting doctor?

• jennifer says:

I too am in NJ. I keep getting told by my lawyer, your case is on the judges desk but then nothing? I had to have vaginal reconstruction, removal of mesh around my urethra, it closed off my urethra causing bladder disease and I’m left with scarring, no sexual function, chronic pain and more. My life completely ruined at the age of 42. I’m 48 now and I’m in ongoing treatment. My life is nothing but pain, docs, meds. They need to settle!! It won’t change my condition but it will help my quality of life. I lost everything. I was homeless for a year. I just want to be able to move on from this bondage.

I’m sorry…..Do you have adequate medical help? It doesn’t sound like it. Is your lawyer willing to fight for you or planning to settle? Careful…. some lawyers want to be rid of these cases but that is not necessarily in your best interest, in my opinion. (Im not a lawyer) You are very young, probably had a career or job and many years ahead of earnings. Are you disabled? Pain, suffering, future medical needs, loss of consortium, loss of earnings. PTSD, … all should be calculated into any settlement $$$.

4. Paula S says:

I haven’t been able to find much info on Mentor Ob tape, any news?

5. Kitty says:

Thank you Jane. WELL DONE

6. Jimmy says:

What does judge goodwin mean by saying both sides wont like his future rulings. Why would he take it out on these poor women. They are more than willing to settle if they are met with a appropriate amount. Low balling these poor women like these companies have is sure no way to move it along. The company’s are the ones dragging their feet. Dont take it out on them judge goodwin

I believe he just meant that he will not tolerate game playing by both sides…… you know some of it gets a bit nasty….He is NOT taking it out on the poor women I don’t believe. Watching him in the courtroom, Ibelieve he understands the gravity of what is happening. I believe he reads these pages as well.

7. Robin says:

The bastards will probably find some way to delay for the 6th time. Go ahead Johnson and Johnson keep pissing us off. The more you delay the more women join us when we come to rally your bones! You J & J trollers out there go back and tell their crooked lawyers, keep hiding cause we are coming out of hiding and coming for you! You should be very, very scared! The more you delay the more pissed off and our resolve is even stronger!

8. Kristin P says:

What about AMS? Does anyone know how they are handling plaintiffs against their TVM products?

AMS is settling, settling settling,,,,,

As far as I know, not a single one has gone to trial. Even the California case we reported here settled, I found out today.

Go to the SEARCH BOX ON Mesh News Desk and put in AMS and you will get all of the stories generated here.

• Sheila G says:

I received settlement papers from AMS several months ago. I accepted the offer they put forth ($9000). Not much choice given there. About two weeks ago I got a check for $1746.40. I thought the legal fees were fair – about what I expected. However, $2200 of the money was withheld for medical liens (Medicare & Medicaid). I have told the settlement company repeatedly that I have no liens. When I called last week, I was told that it will require a court order to get those funds released. They advised me to check back about once a month. It doesn’t sound promising.

I’m so sorry that the law firm walks away with more than you….adding insult to injury. Meanwhile AMS is suing one doctor who is trying to help people. I guess they really do have some spare funds somewhere.

• Sheila G says:

It’s probably safe to say all of the companies have money in accounts that have never been disclosed. I was told to expect to receive about half of the AMS settlement offer. I also have received the first packet of documents for settlement with Boston Scientific. I sent those back to the attorney’s office in June and I haven’t heard anything as of yet.

9. John says:

So… The evil ones were caught destroying documentation again after their first “slap on the back of the hand” now it’s time to cuff their scummy little document destroying mitts forever! Their CEO is the Devil walking the Earth!

10. Toni says:

Jane I was in no way knocking you I was just posting a question. You of all people are one of the few who keep us up to date and advocate for us and give us a voice. You are wonderful and work hard to help us. So I have tried to look up info on NJ cases but I can’t really find any info of how or why or when anything will happen in that group of cases. Are we not truly in the same MDL ? I just thought maybe someone on here knew something I may not.

11. Jimmy says:

It also says that if settlements arent reached neither side is going to like it. What does judge goodwin mean by that. Its not fair to take it out on these poor women cause the big companies are low balling these women and dragging their feet!

12. Louanne says:

Has anyone heard anything on Coloplast?

13. Sue says:

I got a letter from the special master that was assigned to the j&j ethicon settlement. I know we all will be lowballed. The only people making money and all this is not the ones that had to go through the surgeries and the pain. It’s the lawyers. Isn’t it funny how we’re the ones that go through the surgeries and the pain and the suffering and they’re the ones that get rich off of us. I’m not planning to settle unless it’s an amount worth settling for

Hi Sue-

Remember, some of the law firms put out hundreds of thousands of dollars to work up cases. Even if your case wasn’t worked up for trial, the resources poured into a trial are enormous. They and their experts don’t stay at the holiday Inn express either…. Experts charge $500 an hour plus. Research takes lawyers to France and Germany. Depositions require enormous travel (some lawyers fly first class or private) … So all of that has to be paid as well. It’s basically forwarded to you or others like you, with no promises of making it back. Then again, some make it back very well, thank you.

• Rhonda says:

I’m still under medical treatment, I have to self catheter throughout the day, now the fibromyalgia, pudendal nerve & sciatic nerve pain is making me feel like I am losing my mind. Has anyone else complained of these issues after their mesh removal.

• Mary Pat says:

Yes, Rhonda. Many of us suffer with post mesh removal pain. The nerve damage is permanent. The foreign body response never goes away. The autoimune issues pop up like mushrooms. Fybromyalgia and myofascial disorders are common for mesh injured.

• K says:

They are spending a lot of money and making but if we aren’t receiving even enough to cover past medical bills it’s a tragedy! I’m sorry but this is so not fair to the injured. We are human beings people with families that will never have us back the way we once were. Isn’t our lives worth more??

Settlements in the billions with life care plans would be more appropriate according to many in the know.

• Kitty says:

You know what’s is just as bad? SSDI. This is a fund that workers paid into…never believing they would need it before 65 years old. Some people die waiting for their disability “insurance”. Professor STEPHEN HAWKINS be lives Greed will end humanity. In my mind I see factories in these factories are rows of Human Wombs…connected to various IV tubing with fetus’s inside. The name of the company ?

• Deb says:

Hi sue,
      May I ask you when you got the letter????? I would love to know. You can also IM me on fb if you would like to. I know some might not want their information out there. I also have J & J. Thanks,
      Deb

• Kitty says:

J and J? Really?

• addison says:

Hi Kitty. How are you? Regarding the text, I wondered about that, too. Are you typically on your phone when viewing MND? We see the “skinny text” when our phones are upright/in the normal position. When we turn our phones (horizontal position), the text is correct or readable. Hope that helps:)

• Kitty says:

ADDISON Thank u for your help with the text…nice. i can read it now. Hope u are ok ..glad to see u are still around.

Addison is wonderful! I’m glad she is still around too!!!

• addison says:

You’re welcome, Kitty! I remember seeing the odd, elongated comments/text and thinking, “What in the world? It’s so hard to read. I better skip those comments.” lol Flipped my phone one day, and it worked. Hooray:)

Sitting upright has been difficult the past few years, so I’m rarely on our computer and use my phone. I think you also struggle with this due to nerve damage? 🙁 Sitting (normal sitting vs. off to one side or back on the tailbone area, sadly leading to other problems) is one of many things most of us never think much about… until it’s difficult or impossible. I think of and appreciate the small things much more than I once did.

Have you tried nerve blocks, or is therapy helping? Chronic infections have prevented consecutive blocks, but we’re going to try more when possible. Has anyone had good luck with blocks (pudendal and others) after erosion, exposure and removal complications? How about with many anchors and/or mesh pieces remaining?

• addison says:

Thank you for the nice comments, Kitty and Jane. They mean a lot to us… been a very hard week, so it was especially nice seeing them. We hope you’re both doing well and have a great weekend. 🙂

14. Lara says:

I am hoping that the Judge ( hello Your Honour!) is reading these pages and these comments from us, mesh injured people all over the world – not just the USA. Please remember that mesh is used ALL OVER THE WORLD EVERYWHERE in every country…. and also in New Zealand where I am from. I am praying that the the trials in USA will create important legal precedents throughout the world, to reach even all the way to little New Zealand….so our NZ government, legislators and surgeons realise that we, the people of NZ are also currently facing mesh injuries from the likes of J & J and others. I want an end to the madness and badness of synthetic polypropylene surgical mesh, which has ruined the lives of thousands and thousands of people.

15. V says:

Rhonda. I had the mesh and the anchors removed too and I experience pain from the scar tissue and sciatica and pudendal nerve pain. And I have the same bladder problems I had before the mesh. It’s never ending. So you are not alone or losing your mind.

16. leolion says:

all it says on the New Jersey Court website regarding MDL, is a calendar when Bard and Ethicon will hold their monthly management conference. As far as I know, their have been no trials for either in New Jersey courts. There is also a list showing the case numbers. In March of this year, I was on page 3 of 157 pages, now I am on page 96 of 273 pages. My case was originally filed in 2013 in Atlantic court, and was transferred to Bergen court in 2014. They are just moving cases around it seems. These are all in mass torts.

17. Deb says:

Does anyone know any information a out J&J sending out settlement letters? Sue posted two days ago a out receiving a letter, but there was no follow up to her statement. So I am wondering if it was just her or if others have also been notified. Thanks all

• Still Standing says:

Your settlement letter will come from your attorney. It could be that her firm has negotiated a settlement with J&j, but yours has not. Firms negotiate for their own clients.

18. jan says:

Well we will see if it really changes.. I give judge goodwin credit trying to get it moving.
    I am exhausted from all. I am still facing more surgeries but niw the stress gas caused issues with my heart thank you Boston scientific. .
    If losing everything you have is not enough pain.. now facing heart stress from the worrying how to deal with it all..no home living from place to place
    Having to depend on transportation. .my health is not getting better ..
    Attorney fees out the butt because of them no matter how I look at it I am drowning in debit because of them
    Please let this end

19. gregory s says:

Has anyone ever received any settlement money ?

20. deborah d says:

well, I received a letter, from my lawfirm,stating in so many words, after looking at my records it had determined that Ethicon was what had been placed inside of my body!!!!!!! oh really???? J@J would not settle unless, I had surgery! I had sent them 3 copies from my Gyn. Doc, “that surgery would make the quality of my life, even poorer”! Attorney’s are acting as if they weren’t expecting a fight from this company! But now J@J is only settling with ones who have had surgery, is this what you have heard?

• Deb says:

I would love to know who your lawyer are, I have j&j and have been told the lawyers are working on it but no new news.

• Deb says:

I am wondering here the information is about j&j doing any settlements??? I have j&j and have had surgery but I don’t know where the information is coming from. Is it just your lawyer settling? ??

• deborah says:

Potts Lawfirm in Houston, now their phones are answered automatically , finally talked to one of the Lawyers, he was talking in circles. and this firm is one of the bigger one’s!

• Still standing says:

Deborah D. Im so sorry that your case is considered to not have legal merit. It seems to be what is happening to women who have not had surgery. The settlements that I know of are based on tiers of injury, starting with surgery #1 on up.,so, those with 1 surgery get a set amount, those with 2-3 another tier and up to 4 or more. Some settlements have given a small amount to women who have product in place with no surgery and my knowledge about settlement is based on my settlement experience compared with other settlements that have been discussed in different public forums. This in no way signifies that your life has not been disrupted or that you are not experiencing pain. It is a travesty beyond words, but this seems to be what your lawfirm has been able to negotiate in terms of a settlement with J&j.

This could be different with another law firm, so those of you who have not had surgery could get something when your firm negotiates a settlement. That is why this whole process is so confusing. Each firm reaches a settlement agreement for their clients, so there can be a variance in settlement dollars with different attorneys and J&j . There are also varying dollars among different manufacturers although there are very similar injuries.

I have no idea of what your legal steps could be now. Have your lawyers discussed any type of appeal for your case? It would definitely be worth asking the question. There has to be a better way to process these claims, but unfortunately, there isnt one at this time. I do believe that you have the right to be fully informed about how they negotiated the settlement, even though now your lawyers see your case as one that they will not receive any compensation for. They take these cases not knowing which one will have a return on their investment. However, hopefully, your attorney still feels an ethical responsibility to make you fully informed about the process.

It would be interesting to know how many mesh injured women have serious injury but no surgery to “validate” that injury.

Frankly, I never understood why someone who perhaps did not have adequate medical advice, or couldn’t afford surgery, or had no insurance, or lived in a remote area, why she should be penalized and considered any less deserving than someone who had five surgeries! It does not make sense. There are many reasons women have not had surgeries and most of them have very little to do with whether she needs it or not and more to do with finances.

21. deborah d says:

THE MESH IS LITERALLY STICKING OUT OF MY VAGINAL WALL AND ALSO OUTSIDE OF MY VULVA, I GUESS THAT WOULD BE HOW I COULD SAY THAT.DOCTORS WILL NOT CLIP OR CUT, AND SURGERY WOULD “MAKE MY LIFE POORER”

22. Still Standing says:

Deborah D., I havent read anything in medical literature over that past few years that recommends DOING NOTHING when mesh erosion occurs. There is debate about whether trimming the erosion, partial explantion of full removal is the best approach, but each woman is different and what is best for one may not be for another. Having eroded mesh in your vaginal wall and vulva is NOT OKAY. You are at risk for serious infection and the loss of function of your urethra, vagina and rectal area. It could erode into your bladder. It doesnt just stop eroding if you wait it out long enough. Have you not been treated even conservatively for this? Im sorry I seem so surprised, but I just cant imagine how you are dealing with this physically, much less emotionally. I dont know if you have seen a urogynecologist, but you said that your gyn had sent letters. You definitely need to seek out a doctor who has experience with mesh complications. A urogynecologist is a more specialized gynecologist and hopefully you could get refereed to one who has done mesh removal. If you dont know, ask them. But please, do something now. i”m concerned about you to say the least.

• deborah d says:

still standing,
      yes, my uro doctor was the first one I went to. He was pissed, acted like I was trying to get his license, the whole thing is really starting to stin
      k!!!!!

• Kitty says:

Let’s face it….what Dr wants to be notified he screwed up.

• Still Standing says:

Well,mthen, maybe you should report him to the board of healing arts in your state. That is negligence, pure and simple. Also, more and more physicians are seeing that results of health grade, vitals,and other online patient experience sites are impacting patient choices for care. Get on them and add your bad review. People do look at them.

23. Toni says:

Wow I am so amazed and confused reading about the lack of medical attn yet understand it full well. I had a great job great benefits and had the Prolift and TVT implanted in 06 Jan not knowing anything I now know . I thought it was OK being an extremely fit and healthy 40 yr old at the time. I had bad reaction at the time which I thought was the morphine almost septic. Well then a couple yrs later bleeding infection which doc gave me anti biotic and said it was just bacterial infection even though I was bleeding a couple years after a hysterectomy . I went time and time again had mono a few times . Wow it got worse and worse doc treated me like some hypochondriac or drug seeker. Said I should get used to my new normal get phyciactric help . Basically they just didn’t know or care or believe a thing I said or my complaints. So long story short in 3 yr period following that point I did finally get to a specialist who finally did exploratory surgery after several visits infection bleeding who found serious erosion and cut a small amount out and said to dangerous to get much out. I came out of that small surgery so inconvenient I had to wear pretty much diapers and in pain like I have never experienced . Well so same doc after trying to convince and talk me into even more mesh to fix incontinence you know the old gold standard. He called me again a couple days before surgery and actually said he suggested mesh unless I was planning on getting an attorney over the problems I’d already endured. He was not my implanting Dr but I was in bad shape after he took the small amount that was eroding and it really made it worse. He finally did Burch fix on me after much struggle. Well my insistence was better but pain got unbearable. Again long story short I finally got two a good doc Veronikis in St Louis who helped me by getting 85% of this painful horrible stuff out. My pain is not gone but it’s now bearable still live with it but not as horrifying as what I lived however I now have incobtenance again and we’ll after I had 6 months of UTI,s and that pain now perm antibiotics and have no job due to missing work and close to losing my home which I have had for close to 22 yrs. 15 of which I have raised my 2 SONS by my self. This is but a condensed version of the hell I have lived through. Worse part is I have had it easy compared to the horor I have herd from this mesh. Why is this happening and it goes on deaf ears in a country that claims to be the greatest nation. Our country has gone from worshiping god to worshiping the all mighty dollar. God is watching and he knows all our sins and he said thou shall not put any god before me. Money is the root of all evil. JNJ needs to take heed because their judgement will come. If not on earth it will come on judgement day. I would give all I have which is not much now to have my health and life back. Wish it was that cheap.

24. Toni says:

My post days many spellings for the word incontinence. But most of not all on this site understand full well what that is. We live with it as we live with it daily. Wow they have taken our dignity our modesty. Wetting yourself and your bed has been the worst part other than the physical pain we must endure humiliation as well. Been 11 yrs of hell.

• Anonymous says:

The fact that is so often overlooked is a ” permanents” man made fishing net was put into our bodies that didn’t even work – it was put in for incontinence and we have INCONTINENCE.
      Makes no sense.

• Kitty says:

It can be worse than urine incontinence. Nerve damage can cause fecal incontinence.

• Kitty says:

Also fecal matter can come thru vagina. I don’t have that
        But I know someone who had that. The Doc that did her surgery is no wherr in US. This lady is more than likely dead. She was very ill.

25. deborah d says:

http://www.wvsd.uscourts.gov/MDL/ethicon/index.html, CHECK THIS OUT, THIS IS THE COURT SCHEDULE FOR ETHICON

• Jimmy says:

Does this mean they are going to start settling or are they still planning on fighting them all in court

• k says:

Deborah, the only case I see that is going to trial is Edwards in August. The consolidated trial hasn’t been rescheduled yet. From what I see no other dates have been set.

26. Linda W. says:

Jane, I wrote a comment some months back, and you had asked me to get in touch with you. so much in my life has gone just about as crazy as it can?
    I went to a ball game tonight and as usual soon as I get home & out of my car the Flood Breaks open, O I have a Heavy Pad on ruins all my jeans, This Is why I stay Home so much, my life is pure Hell, The last urogyn. I went to had told me when he went to examine me, the pain was unbearable and he stopped and said Linda we will have to put you to sleep, because he saw that the pain was so severe that he could not do the Exam without putting me to Sleep! He told me if he could remove the mesh he would do it at this time, well when I woke up he said there is NO Way, because it was already up in my tissue and muscle? So it would be worse on my body, to do ANY Surgery on me. So what choice do I have ? Come back to see him if I have any more problems ??? But keep using the estrogen cream that will Help ??? I was speechless, I’m having chills everyday, I have like Cramps and pain in abdomen, I have a large Knot that no will tell me what this is, Sometimes I really think I’m going Crazy! I have bad incontience, I change clothes at night several times, this is wearing a Pad 24 24… Relationship lost after13 years, not to mention in 2006, I lost my beautiful daughter to cancer.lost her within 5 months she was gone. I thought I would never get over that, They say the Good Lord doesn’t put on more than you Can Handle / well he is trying me, I get a call from the hospital and they are doing emergency surgery on my youngest son, when he goes back for check up ( he didn’t let me go with him & he was all by his self the Dr. Told him he had Stage 4 colon cancer! I got down on my knees and I beg God Please don’t take another child, well we went through chemo for over 6 months, it was so hard on him. But when he went back they said no signs of spreading.. God does answer our prayers. I pray for all the women that are suffering, so your right Jane look at all the people that had to go through several surgeries, But I ask what about the women they can’t get the mesh out. I guess we will die with it, the women from Dallas that is getting all that money had the same mesh put in her.. But I can’t seem to get a dime or anyone to help me with a normal Question??? Boston Scientific Solyx SIS mesh. I have an attorney out San Antonio, Tx … I get the same thing for nearly 5 years .. Still in litigation? Well I’m still in pain dealing with a lot of heartache. But who really cares, all the women that ARE SUFFERING JUST LIKE ME! Ladies I say a pray for us every nite, that each of us will be treated fair and with respect