*NEW – Pelvic Mesh Litigation Ahead

//*NEW – Pelvic Mesh Litigation Ahead

*NEW – Pelvic Mesh Litigation Ahead

Gavel  500For those court watchers who may want to attend a pelvic mesh trial, here are the upcoming actions around the country.  Please be advised there may be more, but these have recently come to the attention of Mesh News Desk.   This list will be expanded as more lawsuits make their way to court.

At the present time, there are 72,000 pelvic mesh actions filed in the federal court in West Virginia alone!

As it has become apparent the court was never set up for that many cases, settlements will be forthcoming, when and by which of the seven manufacturers is a closely held secret,  [with the exception of American Medical Systems which at the present time is secretly settling its cases, with no disclosure or admission of liability,  under parent company Endo.]

Here is the schedule. Please attend if you can or find a buddy to attend with:

We have Perry v Ethicon going on now- Bakersfield CA – Cartmell, Freese and Goss, de la Cerda

Debra Wise v. Bard, February 18, 2015, Charleston – Garrard, Blasingame

Figueroa  v.  Boston Scientific, February 23, 2015, Dallas,  Tx  – Freese and Goss

Bellew  v. Ethicon, Charleston, WV –  March  2,  Ben Anderson

Boston Scientific  trial in Delaware – May 4, 2015  – Motley Rice

By | 2015-02-01T09:08:42+00:00 February 1st, 2015|Legal News|15 Comments

About the Author:

I’m National News Editor, Jane Akre and I began Mesh Medical Device News Desk aka Mesh News Desk (MND) in the summer of 2011 just after the Food and Drug Administration issued an explicit warning to the public that complications associated with surgical mesh used for prolapse repair (POP) and incontinence (SUI) are NOT rare! That was the starting point for the litigation you see today and thousands of lawsuits have been filed by women whose lives have been altered, some permanently, by the use of this petroleum-based product.

1. Diane Elliott February 1, 2015 at 3:09 pm - Reply

How many more days left for the one in Bakersfield? May be able next week. Have the flu.

2. paula February 1, 2015 at 4:18 pm - Reply

My mom suffers everyday. 6 years going on 7 she’s not the same person… She can’t hold her grandkids she’s in bed 24/7 ethicon has done nothing for my mom she’s looking everything… I’m so sad bout this mesh

• Jane Akre February 1, 2015 at 11:56 pm - Reply

Paula- Can she get medical help? Has she filed litigation? Let me know… thank you! J. Akre

3. Bilal Robinson February 2, 2015 at 2:30 am - Reply

I would like to attend any hearing in california. .can you please post info

• Jane Akre February 3, 2015 at 10:53 am - Reply

The perry case is underway in Bakersfield now… for another week or so.

4. Aaron Leigh February 2, 2015 at 9:48 pm - Reply

Thank you Jane. I’ll publish on TMWF too!

5. Aaron Leigh February 2, 2015 at 10:24 pm - Reply

Jane, do we know which courthouses for the trials yet?

• Jane Akre February 3, 2015 at 10:21 am - Reply

Charleston WV for the federal cases… Dallas before Judge Molberg,… I do not know about Austin TX

6. Donald Rainey February 3, 2015 at 3:46 am - Reply

It’s time that mesh companys start paying for the harm they have caused woman and the families of the woman that the have had to watch suffer.

7. Diane Elliott February 4, 2015 at 6:27 am - Reply

Bilal Robinson, where are you in Ca? I am staying in Redlands until my surgery. Maybe we could rideshare if close enough? Diane

8. Dawn February 4, 2015 at 10:57 pm - Reply

Common denominator???

POLYPROPYLENE…

Why can’t the courts make it simple?

This material was never tested properly, so pay up !

The manufacturers took a chance and it backfired, we the victims now have poor health and pain for the rest of our lives.

How do you measure who has been harmed the most ? Most surgeries?? What if some of us really did our homework and researched, coming to the conclusion that one complete revision surgery is the best option.. Should we not receive as much compensation??

Why can’t they pay according to device?

I don’t know what the answers are

9. Lorri February 6, 2015 at 8:02 pm - Reply

I truly believe that we all should be compensated according to prior to mesh how was your health, then age at the time of implant, if mesh has caused you to loose spouse or ruined sex life, the length of time mesh was implanted before it was extracted, and if the mesh failed and you had to have a repair/revision; and mainly pain & suffering to be compensated beginning with $1million!

10. Bec February 7, 2015 at 9:12 pm - Reply

I live about 40 minutes from Charleston think I will try to attend some of these.

• Jane Akre February 8, 2015 at 12:24 pm - Reply

Please do. I would love your company ( if I make the next case) and others would love your support. Thank you! Please let me know if you are there if I’m not and what you see… janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com

11. Christy January 6, 2016 at 11:39 pm - Reply

Are there any Attorneys in Arizona for the Ethicon Polypropylene mesh for hernia repair?

Christy