Mesh Rally Plans Moving Ahead for New Jersey

Mesh Medical Device News Desk, April 19, 2017 ~ The time and place for a peaceful rally over Johnson & Johnson’s mesh implants is set for April 27, 2017, at the State Theater, 15 Livingston Ave. New Brunswick NJ. 9:15 am doors open.

Johnson & Johnson plans its annual shareholders meeting on April 27 and women and their families from around the country are planning to converge outside of the State Theater to voice their concern over the  company’s troubling products.

The shareholders meeting will be broadcast as a live webcast at www.investor,jnj.com under Webcasts & Presentations. It will remain available for three months.

Protesters at J&J shareholders meeting, April 2014

The meeting will see the annual election of board directors. During the presentation, by CEO Alex Gorsky, they will listen to the operational sales growth and reports on shareholder returns.

Gorsky, the CEO since April 2011, receives an annual bonus set at 135% of target goals. Add that to direct compensation in 2016 and Gorsky received $22,228,019.  The CEO has his pay aligned with company performance. There is no automatic or guaranteed annual salary increase.

Board members are compensated $200-$300,000.  Their role is to provide independent oversight of management and the CEO. Alex Gorsky is CEO and Chair of the Board of Directors. There will be a proposal requiring the Chairman of the Board to be an independent director to minimize any potential conflict of interest. P. 88 Ultimately the decision will be made depending on what leadership structure serves the interests of J&J and its stakeholders.

Alex Gorsky, CEO J & J

Gorsky has been deposed to provide information on the Ethicon transvaginal mesh litigation in New Jersey. See the MND story here.

Shareholders of 2,710,891,992 shares of common stock can vote at the annual meeting. You can vote in advance www.proxyvote.com and follow instructions.   Here are the J&J materials.

See the Facebook page for MAM (Mesh Awareness Movement) for rally information.

At the peaceful protest there will be a film crew chronicling the protest for a documentary based on Patient Safety.  The rally expects to also see those whose lives have been affected by the J&J drug, Risperdal, Depuy Pinnacle Hip Implants, Power Morcellators, Levaquin, etc. for this event.

The film crew will also be conducting personal interviews from anyone who would like to participate in this documentary by sharing your personal experience.

There is a GoFundMe option to help defray costs from those in attendance. It is overseen by MAM.

Three years ago, mesh injured plaintiffs and their families gathered at the Boyd federal courthouse in Charleston, WV for the first peaceful protest of mesh manufacturers.

Johnson & Johnson’s Ethicon division has nearly 40,000 cases filed in that consolidated federal court.

There are another 10,000 filed in a state court in New Jersey as well as various state courts around the country and overseas in Ireland, Scotland, the UK, Israel, Australia etc.  J&J/Ethicon remains the manufacturer with the largest numbers of product liability cases filed in the U.S.

Mr. Gorsky was the head of Janssen Pharmaceuticals when Risperdal, the antipsychotic, was sold to nursing homes and for use in children. It cased strokes in the elderly and caused boys to grow large breasts.  Data was concealed while the marketing and market share grew with help of a sales force called ElderCare.

Eventually J&J got caught and paid more than $2 billion in penalties and settlements. The lawsuits continue but Risperdal brought J&J some $30 billion in sales, so overall is on the profitable side.

After a brief time with Novartis, he returned to J&J in 2008 to head the Ethicon medical device division. By 2009 Gorsky, became worldwide chair of medical devices and diagnostics.

Mr. Gorsky earned $25 million in 2014. ### ###

LEARN MORE

Mesh Rally, April 23, 2014

1. Kitty says:

Everyone who lives in that area should be there

2. Kim E says:

I plan on attending even though it will take me several days with a driver and a bed to get there! I do want to speak for the documentary and am planning on bringing some signs as well! Truthfully, this has been the most difficult and painful time in my life! I hope I can help speak and be the voice of the tens of thousands of injured women who may not can make the trip! All that can make it, we need to stand strong and make our voices heard against J&J Ethicon!

• Kitty says:

That is amazing. Thank you. I guess none of us have any excuses except for money to travel.

• Still Standing says:

Kim, safe travels for you and your driver. It is a sacrifice for anyone who lives with pain to travel. They dont go together very well. One word of caution: advise your attorney that you are going to the rally and that you are going to put your name to a filmed or printed comment, especially if it is lodged against J&J mesh specifically. They may be just fine with it. Other attorneys may not be. ( mine would not be ). Since they are litigating your case, they need to be kept informed about what you are doing. If you do settle, there will be restrictions on your public comments about your case. It would be unfortunate if you settle your case, then the documentary comes out and J&J decides you breached the contract and petitions you to return your settlement dollars. It is just always safest to keep your attorney informed so they know what could possibly come up. I imagine these companies have staff that just monitor social and traditional media of those many individuals that have settled lawsuits with them over the years. I DO know they have attorneys who specialize in tracking digital footprints.

• Kitty says:

Wear a wig and glasses. Don’t be afraid. If u have the money ..go

• Still Standing says:

It has nothing to do with fear. It has everything to do with upholding your end of the attorney/client contract. If you signed a contract with them you more than likely agreed in that document to refrain from talking about your case with others in print or social media. If you don’t want to keep that contract, get out of the lawsuit and say whatever you want. To me, it is being true to your word. We expect that from our attorneys, though many of you don’t believe your attorney has done that on their end. However, you only have control of your behavior and your word. We change the world by being true to that covenent we make with ourselves and every single person we encounter.

Here is an interesting story. I wrote an article for a magazine before I filed my lawsuit. I briefly mentioned mesh. Really, one sentence. I used a pen name for several reasons. Didn’t even think about mentioning this to my attorney because it was not the main focus of the article and was published a few months prior to filing. At my deposition, the defendant attorney asked me if I had ever written about mesh in any media. I said no, which was true. Then he produced a copy of my article and asked me if I was the author. I said yes. He accused me of lying. My attorney called for a bathroom break. He had no way of preparing for this possibility because I had not told him. Your case depends on not handing surprises to your attorney. Defendants are way more sophisticated than a wig and fake name. I don’t think some of you realize how serious and very advanced their capabilities are. Failing to fully inform your attorney is putting your case at risk. I

• Anon says:

Any and everyone that has been harmed by JJ Ethicon’s defective products (mesh) directly or indirectly should be there if possible.

• Kitty says:

What is the reason u are using fake name? U told us about your injuries. Why are u questioning our integrity? This could be preventing some of us from sharing our concerns.

Everyone here is encouraged to use fake names here. You do not need to hand anyone the ammunition to use against you. Please no full names!

• Kitty says:

So we should keep our word..not use fake names or get out of lawsuit?am I reading that correct?

3. "Sharon" says:

Everyone who has had there life affected by or know someone who has been affected should be there. It doesn’t matter what the device or family member or even if it is you everyone should go. If you need help getting there some funds may be available to help. If you are in pain I will tell you I am in pain. I will be flying 1/2 way across the states to attend. This is about patient safety for everyone who has yet to need a device. It’s about you standing up and saying I HAVE BEEN HARMED. This may be
    Your only opportunity to be heard by those investors who can make change. There are no excuses not to be there.

4. Collena says:

Want to be there but hurt and need to find surgeon somewhere to help me, and the funds to get there and pay for some operations. Will pray and spread the word!

5. Nadine says:

Victim of mesh implant 100% disabled living with daily pain and mental suffering lawyer been dragging my case for6 years need help please please help thanks God bless all the victims of medical malpractice mesh

6. Sara says:

Has anyone heard when Ethicon case will finally go to court?

7. Kathleen says:

There is a new article about Johnson and Johnson On NJ. COM

If anyone wants to see it.
    Here is the link .

Thousands of women await day in court against J&J

8. Christine says:

The women, and their husbands/partners, going through this horror deserve compensation for pain, emotional and physical. I know someone personally and the pain she experiences on a daily basis is nothing short of torture. There are no pain medications to help, physically or emotionally. The Companies that are responsible need to be held accountable. My message to anyone out there would be to try and raise awareness on this. I’m going to try.