Mesh-Injured Woman Facing Homelessness

homeShe is a reader of Mesh News Desk.  She belongs to several Facebook groups started by mesh- injured women. “Suzy” must remain anonymous because she is represented by legal counsel.

Suzy is losing her home.  Many women and men, disabled by their polypropylene pelvic and hernia mesh devices, have also lost their homes.  Many more are in the process.   Being unable to work will cause a cascading series of events that eventually end up with failed mortgage payments.  Banks do not care.chase

In Suzy’s case, her home will soon be turned over to Chase, which is a major shareholder of Johnson & Johnson, maker of her pelvic mesh implant.

She could simply not make her mortgage payments on disability checks. And Chase would not qualify her for any program or work with her to re-modify her mortgage payments even though her home is worth less than she invested.   Her law firm has been unable to help. In fact they will be first in line when/if she receives a settlement from Johnson & Johnson.

Her story is being echoed around the country – Thousands of dollars that might have kept her doors opened went to her medical care. “There are no standards for care in mainstream for mesh complications,” she complains. “Men and women are dying but not before being treated  really horribly by mainstream medicine due to the lack of standards for complications.”

Woman statue resized“These patients are being tested and retested repeatedly to standards that do not apply.  These patients are humiliated, belittled, drugged, ignored, dismissed, told they are crazy, thrown out of ER’s begging for help, treated as drug seekers, repeated hospitalized without resolutions,  they are metabolic messes in excruciating mind-blowing pain – that has the intensity of childbirth pain but is 24/7 with no relief in sight.  They are flat out being treated less than human.”

And there are only a handful of doctors worldwide that can actually help them.

Along the way, Suzy visited the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota to have the middle piece of her TVT-O removed.  Altogether she’s had eleven surgeries, some exploratory just to find the mesh and many  guided nerve blocks. She’s had over 80 tumor growths removed from an area around her pelvis where the mesh was.  Dr. Hibner in Arizona removed about eight more inches of mesh within in the last ten months finally giving her some relief.

At this point, Suzy says her options are exhausted.  Chase is just waiting for the Sheriff to throw her out of her home.  She found out about the sale on the courtroom steps just days before it happened.  She did everything the bank told her to do but the sale went through anyway.  “They are dirty low down crooks,” she says about Chase.

Fall leaves

Fall leaves

Suzy paid $335,000 for her home in 2004. She says back then it was a “dump” so she spent thousands cleaning and repairing it.  She needed a home for her children.

Suzy worked in the medical field.  She was able to invest a sizable $112,000 as a down payment. Then she got sick after a TVT-O implant.  She says it became an issue immediately and she was paralyzed within eight months post-op.    Currently her home’s value is $159,337 (after the hit in real estate values in 2008).

“Chase jerked me around from day one. They didn’t care I was sick and disabled. They threatened me, my kids, folks showed up at my door, parked in the driveway and constantly were coming and taking pictures.”

Why … she doesn’t know.   “There was constant submission of documents, phone calls, each person tells you something else at their office. You never get the same response twice.”  Lately she is being passed around between what she calls the “Greedy-Tier (Chase/Seterus/Fannie Mae)”.

Suzy says Chase did a mortgage modification but it was $400 over her current mortgage she was already having trouble paying on disability.  Chase has sent the policy to Seterus to decide how much she’d owe to keep her home.  It was all over the board, first $135,000, then $351,000. Now Chase wants over $466,000, she says, for a house worth $159,337. She recently found out her mortgage was backed by Fannie Mae so she complained to them. She feels she should have qualified for something through them long ago.  No entity would even help to relocate.

Leaving her homeless is like a death sentence, says Suzy. She suffers from Clarkson Syndrome, which is a stealth, autoimmune systemic shock-like condition she developed post-mesh.  She has nowhere to go.  Thanks to the foreclosure on her record, most landlords will not even show her an apartment let alone rent her one.  And again no one seems to care.

Suzy would like others to be aware of what is happening all over the world and in mainstream medicine so that others may avoid the hell that she and her family has had to endure. She has no idea how she will break the news to her youngest.  Her youngest will even have to give up her fur babies and has already lost out on so much over the last 5 years.  Just breaks Suzy’s heart even more.  Suzy says “The children of mesh have suffered and seen so much.  No child should ever have to see that nor their parents in that condition.”

Susy want’s everyone to know if any doctor offers you a blue polypropylene mesh, device, sling or tape or any reason do not walk away but rather RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!   All MESHES per the NIH’s own admission ARE NOT INERT.  Some may just be worse than others.

*Postscript – Monday Suzy met with a judge.  “He didn’t want to hear anything,” she tells MND.  The judge did grant me ten extra days to get out of my home.  I get to tell my daughter we’re homeless for her b-day. So tired of no one wanting to hear anything nor caring. I almost lost it in court.  I told the chase lawyer she works for a horrible corporation and she laughed. So tired of this, thanks for listening.  #

LEARN MORE:

Consumer Affairs on Seterus

Seterus Reviews- a Total nightmare

NIH – ALL MESH NOT INERT

JNJ Major shareholders

1. anonymous says:

My heart just breaks for you and your family there are no words that I can say that will comfort you. Welcome to the good ol United States of America where nothing matters to anybody but making the almighty dollar by hurting the average person all I can do is pray for you my dear and your family just know that I’m crying right along with you

I’ve tweeted this out to JP Morgan Chase…. Bad PR!!! Share it any way you think it may help her…especially if you have a twitter account or Facebook.

2. so much lost says:

I am so sorry Suzy. I have been there. My family and I were homeless too for a longtime and even lost all of our possession all the way down to the baby pictures and keepsakes from all of my boys. I pray that some way some how someone will finally listen to us. Bless you and your daughter… prayers and love to you both

So many share her story…. it is the latest tragedy in this cascade of devastation from seven mesh manufacturers and their pursuit for profits above people, their consumers.

3. Bejah Blue says:

Those of you who think that Donald Trump is our fairy god father and can solve all of our problems with one pass of his Diners Club card….I tell you this: THIS is the kind of thing he would respond to if approached in a respectful and intelligent manner and NOT by a basket of cackling women.

Mr. Trump and his organization are no doubt quite overwhelmed these days but I would not be surprised if he responded to this woman’s situation IF it can be demonstrated that she meets stringent criteria regarding legitimacy, credibility and faces constraints that are no fault of her own.

I would suggest that ONE person prepare a draft letter and submit it to a few of the well qualified in our community perhaps through Jane and only then deliver the letter.

It is true that such a situation responded to positively by Mr. Trump could accomplish a couple of meaningful things: (1) Help this woman who sounds like a hard working, worthy person, and (2) It would be well received by a nation who sees someone’s need addressed by someone in a position of power, probably through a company he owns, and (3) Hopefully by extension it would illuminate the issues we all face and more importantly address the excesses of the American an multi-national corporations who hold great economic power and abuse the responsibilities that come with that territory.

I agree, as I am sure many of you do, that the suggestion made by a beloved and caustic political commentator recently , that Johnson & Johnson, for example, is too big…and needs to be forced to sell off some of its divisions is an excellent suggestion.

Suzy, please know that you are not alone, that so many are in your position…a position that should bring shame to this nations’ government and corporate elite. I have been to save the home events, at the LA Convention Center I saw thousands of people from all walks of life, all of us there for three days waiting for a chance to meet with the evil bank reps and address the issues with our mortgages (In my case it was mortgage fraud). At that event alone there were 45,000 people. I wept for days from the sight of it. How could this happen in America I kept sort of chanting. Stay strong Suzy. There will be other houses, there will be a new day and a house is not your home, your family is your home even if you must live in a tent or a shelter or under a tree. Children are very resilliant so long as they have their loving parents with them and some consistency. Remember this too shall pass and you will learn from it. I pray that those reading this who have the resources will reach out to help you.

Bejah

• Kitty says:

Bejah please prepare the letter and we will sign. You do have a way with words.

• Bejah Blue says:

OK, I will prepare a draft and send it to Jane if she would not mind reviewing it, and perhaps StillStanding as well. This will be just to create a beginning, a place for all of you to build on, it is not my letter. I want to make that clear. I wish to remain anon. and on the sidelines. Give me a day or two. I do this assuming there is general support for the idea.

Bejah

• Kitty says:

Thank you Bejah——but if what you told us about UCLA is true they will track you down and find out who you are.

• Bejah Blue says:

Kitty, it is true. You should know me well enough to know that and your intuition should inform you further. I have needed to speak of it. to share it for a long time and have not because I was asked not to. Now I feel strangely drained and powerful at once. If I am dying I feel oddly peaceful about that now. I do not think they will come after me but they may. In a way I feel I am at the end, it doesn’t matter anymore, I truly feel it is time I tell some of my story for the rest of you, for posterity, and I know there are thousands of stories out there far more horrific than mine, far more troubling.

UCLA knows what they did to me. The University knows what it did. I do not hold Dr. Raz personally responsible but I do not understand how he could not know, why they would not have consulted him about my case. I think the equipment you refer to must have been purchased after I was a patient there, but probably not long after.

The word “transparency” just entered my consciousness…not sure why…does the University need more transparancy? Surely many of the entities involved do for our sake. Do we need more transparency in government, in the private sector?

I know a lot about the University that the Regents (One in particular who did not like me) and certain individuals at specific campuses would prefer I not discuss, for example, truths concerning grants and the treatment of certain academics. It would not help make things better to dredge up that past but we should learn from it in general terms. Maybe that is why they try to keep staff and academic populations separate to help control these truths. Anyway I think that would be best for the common good not to go into any of that under any circumstances. I would not retaliate with release of information that could tarnish the image of the great University that I have loved well for many years, but we will see what they do. I am unafraid.

Once I was asked to sign a statement saying I would not ever sue the University or hold it responsible for what had happened to me at a certain campus, this well before the polypropelene issue, and I refused to sign it. I was offended that I was asked. I never “sued” the University then but I would have now due to the gravity of this, but it would have been with a heavy heart. It is a little like being betrayed by your own family, by those you loved, respected and held dear. We shall see. As women, how do we know we are not raped by orderlies and others while unconscious? How do we know? I think the mafia may be involved in the maintenance staff at UCLA or local gangs and I have good reason to think so.

The important thing is the overall lesson for us all. We must follow our guiding principals as people and as organizations. If great universities always tried to do the right thing where their faculty and staff and students were concerned, if that were its guiding light wouldn’t the world be a better place? If tenured professors actually cared about educating young people and saw it as a sacred calling as they should, if they taught their own students and had proper office hours and did not task assistants with that we would produce better qualified and more honorable and ethical students. If we taught ethics within the framework of each discipline we would create better people. But we have not been doing that which is why we have individuals like Alex running major conglomerates. I would like to look at his academic record.

Do we really need to make endless amounts of money? Do we really think that we will be happier in an academic setting that pays us more money or are there more important considerations, reasons to stay and make the University where we are a better institution of higher learning. If we are intelligent enough to be tenured do we really need to compete to see who can solve the great problems of physics and mathematics first?

Why can we not do these things for humanity and accept the accolades that follow with grace, deferring to those who reached for those truths (or working theories) in the same space and time that we did?

Don’t we understand yet that we move through what we call time together there is a reason why certain of our fellows seem to curiously arrive as the same conclusions at the same time…there is actually a name for it. It is a different kind of “spooky action at a distance” but not unrelated.

Could it be that there is a Universal Mind of some kind and if there is are we not harming ourselves as a species by clawing at each other, stabbing each other in the back to “Get there first”? Is that not a bit childish?

Would it be the end of the world if we tried to create devices that actually benefited mankind and rejected any data that suggested that some component may be harmful?

If we make billions and billions of dollars and cause incalculable harm to millions of human beings and other creatures where does that leave us? What are we going to do with those trillions of dollars…where does it end? It doesn’t end until we have destroyed each other and humanity is at last extinct.

We do not need another country, another kingdom another despot whose derangement makes him desperate to rule the world. That is a sick fantasy that never ends well. We need a world court that is not castrated to address these individuals.

We are running out of time. We need to evolve. There are signs some say that this is happening. I for one pray for it every day.

Our concern with the issue of polypropylene is but one example of the evil that is consuming us as a species. We must stop its use in the human body if not elsewhere as well. I, for one, would much rather have a nice wooden chair than a day glo polypropylene one. For me it has come to represent the poisoning of the world. Everything you and I do to stop this slide into oblivion matters. Look at the Sahara desert. Look at MARS. Do you think this planet will never become what MARS has become? Do you think the loss of the rain forests matters or that we will lose another 50% of living creatures and plants forever before this century is out.

Do you see any other earth like planets in the cosmos where others like us exist? What if we are alone? What if there were others but they are gone, having also destroyed themselves. Polypropylene and materials like it can lead us over the edge with our chains and chests of money in tow, just like Jacob Marley (The Night Before Christmas)…a cautionary tale. Next time you reach for a Johnson & Johnson product please think about that and know that every choice you make matters.

Bejah

4. Bejah Blue says:

One more thought, Anyone who has interests with JP Morgan and or Chase Manhattan please consider moving your assets elsewhere, perhaps to a credit union, and for investments to Fidelity, etc. Maybe this would be a good time to “go green”.

Bejah

5. Mindy says:

I am sorry Suzy that you are experiencing the homelessness. I understand and empathize with and for you. I, too, lost everything and was homeless, lost my children in trying to protect them. Fought and got them back! Thank the Lord! I sought and was able to get into public housing . My children and I lived on less than 700 dollars a month and 355 a month in food stamps because I waited 3.5 years to receive social security. Hang in there Suzy, you can do it. I know you can having been there and experienced losing my home, and my life. A direct quote from my oldest daughter who was 12 at the time of the implant and is now 20. “This mesh stole my mom”! I was 34 when it was implanted and am now 45. Remember God will be the one to judge these people involved for what they have done.

• Bejah Blue says:

Absolutely, Mindy speaks pure truth, everything she says is true. Please listen and believe her. And what I love is that you do not hear anger or the will for vengence in her voice, resignation and sorrow of course, but a hard won peacefulness and gratitude for what her life is now, for what is good in her life now. And did you notice she did not walk away from us into this curious new life she is creating, she is still here, she is still telling us her story so that it might help us. Thank you Mindy, to have lost your children, even for a time, the thought of it is unimaginable yet you lived through it, you survived. I think that all makes you a heroic person. Remember that beautiful song, “A Hero Lives In Me”. Lets dedicate that to Mindy and all of our sisters who have lived through what this has done to us.

Bejah

• Mindy says:

Your words are kind. I am not a hero. This experience I believe has made me more humble and realize what’s truly important in life. It has increased my faith beyond belief and made me a stronger inside because of it. Even though I struggle physically everyday to be able to do some of the most simplest things I used to be able to do quite easily, I try to be happy with what God has given me for tools.

This too shall pass ladies. We never know how much time we have with all the ailments and struggles we are enduring. I believe it’s important to savior each moment with our families and hopefully have the peace that endures. I never dreamed that by 45 I would be disabled from something that was supposed to do good. I am hoping and praying these manufacturers come to realize how many lives they have affected by their poor decisions they have made to make a few dollars. I know that no amount of money they offer will give us back the lives we had, but hopefully they will have a sense to realize that now the damage has been done and we all need to be able to acquire the appropriate medial care and physical needs for the life we have left here on earth.

Keep the faith and never stop believing! God created a conscience in all of us. These individuals involved will have this on them for a very long time considering all the women involved could still be living for decades.

Hugs

6. Mimiboops says:

This poor lady. Bunch of crooks….ALL of them. I am so disgusted with this country and how all these criminals operate….from banks to big pharma, they all only care about one thing. A piece of paper backed by nothing…the almighty dollar.

Please share this story with your friends on social media….. perhaps Chase will see it.

• Bejah Blue says:

Just don’t say anything on social media you don’t want the whole world to know about and remember it is out there forever. One of the problems with social media is that we are social animals and we love to talk and tell stories (Especially me!). This can get us into trouble if we began to discuss things we should not without even realizing it. Be careful what you say, it may come back to bite you. Think first, open mouth later!

Bejah

• Mary B says:

I believe you are absolutely correct. In general, the population doesn’t know or care about the damage done to people by an improperly produced product that some regional or national sales manager wanted on the market more quickly than the quality control people could safely get it manufactured and into a doctor’s hands. Should those who have been affected by damages from decomposition, infection, inflammation, pain and other problems be speaking up instead of allowing ourselves to be silenced?

Should the men and women who’s lives have been changed or will be taken earlier speak up to the media? This is just one product. How many other killer products are out there or will be produced in the future if there is a precedent set by allowing a manufacturer to do harm in exchange for money in a failing economy?

Two days ago, I was ready to leave this world. (Probably due to mood fluctuations from steroid pain control) I can no longer imagine doing that after reading the comments left on this site. I need to fight! Thank you, everyone.

• Bejah Blue says:

And Mimiboops, let us also remember that some time in the 1970s the US Dollar was taken off of the gold standard by then President….was it Reagan, I can not recall. So now, ladies and gentlemen, our dollar is..is it fair to say it is not worth the paper it is printed on?

There is so much more at stake…the whole global economy is on the brink of collapse I tell you but don’t believe me, go to the academic economists, not those paid for by bigpharma, bigbanking, and their bretheran who would have you think all is well.

Put whatever money you do have is a safe place and that may mean gold, it may mean things that average Americans cannot afford….from here on out think like the banks could fail any day….off shore investments can be good for those with the capital and knowledge but for most of us burying the cash under the dog house may be the best bet, and paper money may prove worthless so try to have some gold and silver you can barter with. Just in case….

Bejah, wishing you all a nice day. Remember to take care of those you love and those you find it difficult to love, so says Vicar Jane at my exquisite little jewel box Episcopalian church (Does one’s ability get worse as one ages?). I just discovered that this site does do spell check, just highlight the pesky word and then right click and select the correct spelling! Hurrah.

7. mary babb says:

i AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN THE SYSTEM I HURT FOR SUZIE HOW CAN THIS COUNTRY BE SO CRUEL I HOPE SUZIE THE BEST AND HOPE CHASE AND j&j PAYS FOR WHAT HAVE DONE TO ALL OF US WOMEN BLESS YOU SUZIE

8. kitty says:

Suzy should contact Obama with this siory. Maybe Trump could help her. Believe he eould

Please share this story with your Facebook friends and twitter account if you have one. It’s important to get the word out… she still has a few days to pull this out and corporations hate bad Publicity… You can be that publicity. Thank you!

• Mary B says:

Sure, get her some publicity. Then send someone my way. At the age of 67, I, too, will lose my home. At least I have a car to live and die in with my disabled vet husband and cat.

Who am I kidding. It’s much easier to die than live off oxycodone and tranquilizers.

Manufacturers providing jobs and economic stimulous will win these cases. It doesn’t matter that they have insurance to cover this type of problem.

Heck, I would have been happy to walk for a whole block again (or a wheelchair). Oh well, it should end soon.

• anonymous says:

Mary I feel the same way you do doctors don’t care about us just took meds at us and salads to go home and be quiet I don’t dare say anything on Facebook or anywhere else because I’m involved in a lawsuit and of course we’re not able to reach out for help talk to anybody or anything we become prisoners in our own home distress and surgeries I’ve been through are slowly deteriorating my body my attorney doesn’t seem to want to fight for me to get me the settlement that I deserve and that I will need to be able to have a decent life I’ve lost everything I’ve ever worked for and now at the end of my days I will die indigent and with no hope for the future at all the settlements that they’re offering AMS, an insulting and demeaning people say well at least they’re trying to settle ok should I take the panty now or should I wait and see what I can get later oooh maybe I can get to pennies then sorry I’m just very upset when they take your life and the offer you panties I mean literally it is an insult to what I’ve been through and what they’ve done to me but everybody says oh you should take that settlement by the time like I said before I take the settlement I will walk away with nothing I would rather have my life back and they can take their money and put it where the Sun doesn’t shine but that will never happen you see I will never be normal again I too will lose my house I will be homeless I will live in government housing all because of the medical companies and the attorneys who only want to make sure that they get a pay day out of it and can give a care less about their clients this is the sickest thing I’ve ever experienced in my life and I’m sure that I probably won’t live another couple of years

• Mary B says:

Anonymous–I could love you dearly.

My difference is that I had a caring doctor remove my decomposed during a 6 hour surgery. Unfortunately, some of the pieces had infected, inflamed and destroyed organ parts. One of the organs was vital. I imagine your experience is quite a bit like mine has been. I’m just tired of my body and mind being held captive. How long are we supposed to put up with being treated like we’re brainless? I’m done.

I think you’ll appreciate this piece of irony. Johnson and Johnson sent a head hunter after me about ten years ago for their management team. Thank goodness I didn’t accept their offer.

• anonymous says:

Who are these people who keep calling me telling me they can get me compensation for my bladder surgery that they don’t even know if I had or not so frustrating!!!!

Did you get a number? We need to post them…..

• anonymous says:

786-701-4001 they asked me if I had bladder sling surgery they said they can help me get a settlement and they wouldn’t charge me a dime to do it they just needed to find out some information about me I told him I already had a lawsuit going which they promised me that could start for me also with no cost anyway they told me already had a lawsuit going in a good attorney and I hung up on him they kept calling me so I finally answered this number I usually don’t answer numbers I don’t know but my phone kept going off so I did answer it I just wonder how they got my phone number how did they have any idea to call me are they calling every woman in the United States I doubt it once again my privacy stolen from me

There is something going on…… whether it is industry or the manufacturers putting out a campaign is unclear. I’d love to talk to insiders on this…. Others- pleased post your phone numbers that callers have made asking if you’ve had a recent mesh surgery….. thank you.

sounds like Indian accent… in a boiler room…. that is, many people in the background. Medical Healthcare Center…. “Where did you get my name from” I ask ….. Mam I told you online medical service… he says… I ask again. He answers again.

9. Marcie says:

Jane,

This is intentional and also happened to me. First GE poisons me and then I go for treatment and GE’s CareCredit will finance my treatments at a high-interest rate. You are correct they don’t care and further they bet we are going to fall and then they can harm us again. Sharing.

• Bejah Blue says:

CareCredit is definitely a trap, a last resort….stay away from that organization unless you are literally without options. They present themselves as helpful but ultimately they are not. This is why Americans need to go back to saving money. These banks are all destroying us because we give in to their temptations rather than use them to our advantage.

Bejah

10. John says:

Maybe the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau would be able to help, this seems to be the type of thing the CFPB was created for.

11. anonymous says:

Doctors throw drugs at you and you are offered pennies to settle

12. Mstgb says:

Has anyone else thought about a book of combined experiences, stories and consequences?. It wouldn’t be negative only. The people who actually helped us should be mentioned. All profits could be set into a fund. Money could be distributed as dictated by a board. I’m sure we all know a few people who would comprise that board. Now, a project, may appeal to Mr. Trump. He would probably receive the majority of this countries votes

13. Bejah Blue says:

Suzy, I am working on the letter for you now, just FYI. I may have a couple of basic questions at some point. Will send it to Jane first and she can share it with you before we ever post it for others in the community, if in fact you and Jane determine you wish to do that. I have been sidetracked lately by doctor appts. and more diagnostic tests and some other things. Please be patient. Hope you have at least received some hopeful news and/or counselling. Take care, I understand a little as I had to sell my house as a short sale due to mortgage fraud no one would help me with. You are not alone. It is amazing what we can survive.

Bejah

14. Anonymous says:

Jane do you know what ever happened to this poor woman I’m almost there myself being homeless how do we continue to go on when all seems hopeless