Jury Awards Plaintiff $100 Million in Boston Scientific Pelvic Mesh Trial

bs logo$100 million in damages.

That is the amount a Delaware jury today awarded to mesh-injured woman Deborah Barba. The amount includes $25 million in compensatory and $75 million in punitive damages, established to send a message to the company.

The 51-year-old from Newark, Delaware, sued manufacturer Boston Scientific for her permanent and serious injuries caused by the company’s Advantage Fit and Pinnacle transvaginal meshes.  She was implanted in 2009 and has suffered significant complications and endured two surgeries that did not fully remove the devices.

Fidelma Fitzpatrick, Motley Rice

Fidelma Fitzpatrick, Motley Rice

“While we are extremely pleased with this verdict and the relief we hope it will bring to the Barbas for Deborah’s unspeakable suffering, we also hope Boston Scientific and other mesh manufacturers take note of this verdict and resolve all pending cases swiftly. Deborah’s case will hopefully bring more awareness of mesh issues, however, no woman and her loved ones should have to endure the stress of going to trial and baring their souls publicly to achieve justice,” said Barba’s attorney Fidelma Fitzpatrick of the Motley Rice law firm.

The jury found Boston Scientific was negligent in its design and manufacture of the Pinnacle and Advantage Fit devices and that the warnings were insufficient to unsuspecting doctors and their patients.

“I am thankful for the jury’s verdict and hope my story can help other women who are suffering from mesh complications to receive the resolution they deserve,” said Deborah Barba. “While difficult to share, I hope my case demonstrates to all mesh manufacturers the dangers of their products and the justice they owe victims.”

The case is Deborah Barba v. Boston Scientific Corporation, Superior Court of the State of Delaware in and for New Castle County, C.A. No. N11C-08-050 MMJ.

Boston Scientific has seen some of the highest jury awards to plaintiffs in its pelvic mesh cases, most notably, Martha Salazar who was awarded $73 million in a Dallas courtroom last September.  That amount was later reduced under Texas caps on jury awards.  Last November, two multi-plaintiff cases resulted in $18.5 and $26.7  million jury awards against Boston Scientific with a finding the mesh products were defectively designed.

Your editor spoke with Fidelma Fitzpatrick within the hour of the verdict.  Also a call was placed at 1:45 pm to Boston Scientific for its comment, with no response as of this evening. Bloomberg reports Boston Scientific denies its product caused her injuries and plans an appeal. Also the verdict came down in Delaware the most corporate-friendly state as it’s the home of more than half of publicly traded companies.  MND has requested another response from BSX this evening.

According to Fitzpatrick, this is the first time a retropubic sling has been found defective!  That is signifigant because most trials have focused on larger meshes used for POP repair, ie mesh kits,  or transvaginal mesh placed through the obturator space.

The trial began May 11 with jury deliberations beginning Tuesday. The jury of 12 was made up of five African-Americans and had slightly more men than women. Their decision was unanimous.

The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) was one piece of compelling evidence shown to the jury.  The MSDS is supplied by the polypropylene resin maker, in this case Phillips Sumika and goes to anyone who buys the raw material. It clearly states the resin is not to be used to make implantable medical devices.  Boston Scientific proceeded anyway to do just that.

Fitzpatrick says the company began monitoring complains with the Pinnacle in January of 2008. Earlier studies had indicated what complication rate to expect, but when complications came into the company at a rate six times higher than predicted, instead of recalling the product, sending a warning letter to doctors or to the FDA, the company did nothing.

Boston tried to blame Deborah Barba and blame the implanting surgeon, everyone but accepting any blame themselves, says Fitzpatrick who continues, “We are thrilled for Ms. Barba. She was so strong and courageous going through this. We are honored she trusted us to tell her story we hope, and Debbie hopes, this will make a difference for all women out there.  She feels a lot of kinship and compassion for their suffering.”

Ms. Barba’s complications continue, the result of scar tissue that remains behind after an unsuccessful explant surgery.

Fitzpatrick worked alongside Fred Thompson of Motley Rice and co-counsel, Phil Edwards of Murphy and London, a law firm in Delaware.  #

LEARN MORE:

Sanchez v. Boston Scientific Settles Before Closing Arguments, May 11, 2015

Boston Scientific Offers Settlement to 3,000 Mesh-Injured Women, MND, April 28, 2015

$18.5 Million Loss in November Trial of Four plaintiffs, MND November 20, 2014

Jury Awards $26.7 Million to Four Women Injured by Boston Scientific Meshes, MND November 11, 2014

Salazar $73 Million Jury Award Slashed in Half Due to Tort Reform, MND, October 2014

1. Mesh Medical Device News Desk and Jane Akre: thank you for your public service. Harm for profit criminal activity is revealed in pelvic mesh jury trials. The mainstream media has got it’s priorities wrong by ignoring this very seminal story.

Joleen- you are so right. Where is the media on this? Do they only report when large awards such as this one are achieved, then sneer under their breath about women seeking “paydays” and the lawyers helping them. Media- WAKE UP to this story. It needs to be on the FRONT PAGE everyday!!

2. anonymous says:

OH MY GOD A 100 MILLION pardon my french but holy s***!! it’s about time are you listening everyone AMS J&J and all the rest 100 million dollars that is what the people of the united states of america think we deserve is damaged people!!! I may be hurt worse I may not be as hurt as bad but I know one thing this gives me resolve to hang on and get what I deserve!! this gives us all hope know we will not get this much but at least people are listening and realizing how much we have been mutilated and destroyed for the rest of our lives! I am so happy for this woman this is a victory for all of us when a decision of this magnitude comes down all I can say is praise God!!!

3. Hal Lewis says:

Wow!

Great timing with the settlement conferences set for next week.

But… is this another instance of the MDL lawyers lining their pockets with the proceeds from big verdicts just before entering into a global settlement where all the other victims get much, much less?

• msm says:

HaHa! Good one, Hal. You know it’s coming….

• Anonymous says:

Hal I think you hit it square on. I would like to talk to you privately, any way to do this?

This conference is coming up anyone know if settlement talks could happen?

• Jane akre says:

Hal- I”m surprised at your comment. Do you expect them NOT to give their all when pursuing justice for the client, regardless of the timing?

• Hal Lewis says:

Not at all… but the system of who gets to be on the “steering committee” for these MDL’s is flawed. The same big firms muscle their way into these every time, and then no other firms are allowed to try cases while these big firms line their pockets. It is like getting a license to own an NFL team — the recipient is guaranteed to make money.

I am in no way criticizing the work they have done. I am criticizing the process that allows their clients to have their day in court and obtain $100 million verdicts… while everyone else is “on hold” until the MDL plays its course.

• Barb says:

I’m wondering why these are or seem to be Motley Rice?? I have a huge firm in Texas and Florida as well…………….one from Texas is on the steering committee and 2 member’s from the Florida Firm is on the committee as well. Does that not help us all by having them on the committee?? I know my attorney said I don’t have to take first offer and they would go back to the Special Master and negotiate………………So is it just the Special Master that after Doctors have gone through our records, put them in certain categories based on the severity of each injuries. Do you think that they will come across cases that they have never/or even heard of RE: 2 defective devices by the same manufacturer???

• Bejah says:

Hal, Do we know who is on the steering committee in question and has that information been published here on this site. I would like to look at this list and I am sure many others would as well. I think I remember that one of my attorneys from Bernstein & Liebhardt is on the steering committee. Also you spoke on a couple of ocassions of settlement dollars and tiers. I believe that tiers are defined differently in different legal matters. If that is so, who determines the composition of those tiers, the perameters I wonder. FInally, I have not seen any comment on what becomes of those human beings who have been told they can not have explant surgery because the risks are too high of death in surgery. Where do those people fit in the structure of tiers? Thanks Hal.

Bejah

• Tammy (KY) says:

Hal,

Who says we will take “much less” ?

• Anonymous says:

Tammy, it is obvious. it has been stated this $100 million verdict to the mesh victim is to set an example. No company in their rightful mind will sit and play stubborn case by case with between 5 to 100 million in overall damages for them to pay, so far.. It is in the remaining (stubborn as mules)- especially Ethicon- companies best interest. To: settle out of court to avoid long run, punitive/court costs. The tiers of other settlements give a -very rough estimate- of 50K if you just have mesh in and no current problems or surgeries needed. If revision/removal surgery; I have seen it guesstimated completely – ballpark … (AGAIN PURE SPECULATION guessing) of upper six figures in expected settlement. Any other LOWER figures of settlement per person: for revision surgery tiers, is out of the question for attorney’s accrued fees alone. 5 years ago the top dog attorney’s were only taking revision surgery cases only. Being that many have had the mesh removed and ARE STILL HAVING chronic pain. No one knows what the mesh could do to anyone down the road many years. So the person that has no documented pain, suffering from mesh would IMO get a smaller amount of $50,000. When they do act in settlement; they will make it all go away at once- and cover all possible- futuristic mesh problems with nondisclosures signed so no one can talk about it, To the ones that only get the lowered tiered amounts, I would hope if they need revision surgery many years down the road- the matter could be addressed but I doubt it. As I can say I had the chronic pain, something just wasn’t right- not long after surgery.

• Barb says:

This is for Hal or anyone else who may have information. So these MDL trials that have a chance for them to be heard in our court system are these not set up to set an example for those who will not get a chance to go to trial so that we possibly could be heard and our personal life exposed> Having a Special Master in place and am I wrong by saying some of our attorney’s or representatives are attending as many trials as possible and getting the clients information on injuries, is this bias if the Special Master is made aware of injuries, rewards?? What knowledge will the Special Master have based on what monies should be awarded per individual cases?? If these woman are being awarded past future monies for medical expenses wouldn’t that be a fair statement that we also should be awarded compensation? What about monies for pain, suffering, our families, our suffering, how does one put a figure to that? Are we sure that for those on medicare/medicaid will still take car of all future medical bills pertaining to this mesh? I find the word TIERS inapropriate categories should be used. So as example having 2 defective devices, had original, plus 2 revisions and going on 3rd to remove as much mesh erosion as possible and being put on 3 different medications to try and help relieve pain among other major issues and doctor’s note stating I will never be 100% how does one look at clients cases, other issues caused by mesh and a life time of unknown? some of my meds are $200 plus and also having faucet injections, I’m considered a complicated case due to injuries, do they consider us who can’t go to court to receive some compensation for those who can be heard in court??

4. Stopmeshimplants says:

Yes! This is what we need. So happy that the plaintiff and her attorney’s have won this case. We all know that no amount of money will help her get health back. This is just the momentum needed before these women go to Charleston for the June 2nd meeting in Judge Goodwin’s courtroom. I can only pray and hope these manufacturer’s get the message to settle and give everyone what they need for medical care now and in the future. Huge thanks to Debra for sharing her story. She is another of my hero’s in this mesh nightmare. Thanks for filling us in Jane.

5. kitty says:

Thanks for your reporting Jane.

6. Jan Urban says:

Thank you Deborah Barba for being so strong willed to standup against a mesh manufacturer that continues to market these evil medical devices that cause so much harm. My wish for you is to continue your journey to heal your body from the devastating effects that the mesh has caused you. Thank you again….

7. Diane Elliott says:

Thank you Jane, for keeping us updated. Hopefully, so many who are suffering will see some light at the end of this long and painful journey.

8. Donna says:

OMG! I’m speechless. What timing. Hopefully good timing. Thank you for reporting!

9. David says:

“The $75 million dollar punitive damages message,” sent to Boston Scientific, is from a jury of potential, future U.S. medical device implant recipients. Their collective voice is representational of the legally informed patients’ understanding for the despicable crimes that the surgical mesh industry, specifically, and greater medical device industry at large, has and continues to be allowed to perpetrate against an uninformed American public. These trials are a window into how the medical device industry conducts its business: to systemically undermine, via its control over the practice of medicine (aka: the standard of care), a person’s fundamental human rights, with intent – by using a patient’s trust in a doctor against them – to illegally exploit a profit opportunity in an unsuspecting patient’s body. The crimes of this industry are crimes perpetrated against all of humanity.

• kitty says:

David. It’s so good to hear from

You. Thanks for all your Comments

• janUrban says:

David, I agree, what a commodity a women’s pelvic system has become, ripe for picking and during manufacturer’s big push in 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12. that continues to this day. It’s like one BIG conspiracy You are also right it is criminal to cause bodily harm and knowingly. Why are this manufacturer’s above the law. How do they get away with this? So what we have the largest MDL ever . They still are able to manufacturer most of these devices to continue to cause harm. And who says and why is it that 8% – 15%(figures more then likely higher) failed mesh implants are acceptable, is it really okay to say that these women’s lives are expendable? It is complete insanity. Is there Justice for a mesh injured women? The severity of our injuries says no. Our bodies have been sentenced to a life of uncertainty, relentless pain, sheer torture. It does not matter if the mesh remains in a women’s body or if it has been removed. The damage has been done and our bodies will never recover from these mesh implants….never. It is so wrong.

• David says:

I agree with you Jan. The mesh conspiracy which has, and continues to be perpetrated against unsuspecting women, is so wrong. In that, these manufacturers are knowingly, with intent, using a women’s trust in a doctor against her – to undermine her rights – to exploit a profit opportunity in her body. These manufactures call their efforts “innovation.” But can their, I believe, criminal efforts (which undermine fundamental human rights – when exploiting patient vulnerabilities) be innovative when women are deceitfully denied the mitigation of past, unwarranted, surgical treatment risks, without the current, unreasonable, indiscriminate mesh abuse? I also do not think the surgeon efficacy self-gratification is a justifiable excuse, for their preying upon patients’ vulnerabilities, upon own “need” to act out regressive, one-side training limitations.

• Barb says:

Dear David: There has got to be away to get the media active!! Are they not reporting when cases are heard and awarded?? I would really like to find a media source to bring out just what complications and pain we have all been through! To me I thought this was noted to be the biggest global settlement ever done………………I would be willing to put a glitch in someone’s ears after all this is all public knowledge with names, manufacturer and would love to have more of an idea exactly all injuries these woman have /had. I think will spend some time doing as much research on paper’s filed as exibits . I wish we could get a reporter involved remain undisclosed with our names for the time being and sign a petition!! Would there not be reporter’s in these court cases??

• Bejah says:

David, Beautifully stated. Thanks.

Bejah

10. Jennifer says:

Wow! I am in shock at how large this award is but, thank God. This truly gives me hope. I cannot see Bard paying put something that high, but, nevertheless, this still gives us all hope in that it sends a very loud and clear message to ALL of the manufacturers that juries don’t f**k around!

11. Linda says:

Jane,

After having a colectomy (Lower bowel removal) and an ileostomy, a reversal ileostomy, and two hernia repairs due to the colon surgery, I now have a third hernia. The doctor wanted to insert a J&J mesh last November but I was adamant that I did not want J&J Mesh. I now have to have a third hernia repair in less than two years and the doctor is talking about inserting mesh again. He does not want to do the surgery unless mesh is used. I know we don’t hear much about mesh in hernia repairs, but I’m just as nervous and worried there will be problems.

Any advice?

Linda

Linda, I’m not a doctor so giving medical advice would be unwise… but I can say “run like hell”… is dear doctor incapable of repairing a hernia without mesh? Then again, there are some cases where mesh might be the only resort because of poor tissue quality but I’d make sure that’s the case. Shouldice Clinic in Toronto (Dr. Robert Bendavid) and Dr. Kevin Petersen in Las Vegas do hernia repairs without mesh. Somehow they have figured that out.

• janUrban says:

Doctor Dean Borth, Aultman Hospital, Canton Ohio does hernia repairs without mesh. Doctor Borth’s words “never put mesh into your body” 6-7 years ago he said this to my husband. Repaired his Belly Button Hernia with no mesh.

• Lana Keeton says:

Find another doctor!!!

12. Just tired says:

i needed surgery 2 months ago. I need to go to another doc…can’t afford it. I needed this case settled 2 years ago. By the time they come to an agreement , then the 120 days to get all signatures then the 8 to 12 months my lawyer said it will take to even get the settlement then they hold it for several months due to lein activity….it will be too late for me. I HATE you Boston Scientific. You have destroyed my life and my family’s lives, we will never get it back. None of it. Gone. Now I’m going to lose my home because Our wonderful government has taken 2 years and still has not approved my SSDI. We live in one screwed up country. Where was my protection?! They should all be going to jail. Read the freaking MSDS!!!! They knew they were killing us! And our fine legal system is sitting back doing nothing. As I said, it’s too late for me. Now what I want is justice.

13. msm says:

VERY nice! Finally the MSDS was allowed. Now the cat’s outta the bag. The MSDS should be admissible in future trials. It would be hard to argue against it. Also, it appears that Delaware doesn’t take any of the award for punitive damage as do other states.

The bad news….

How many Advantage Fit slings were implanted today? There is still no recall and BS continues to sell them as we speak. As a matter of fact, BS is advertising this about the Advantage Fit:

“Designed to create a new standard for transvaginal sling placement.”

Geez- You are right. The defective device is still on the market. No so for the Pinnacle which was quietly removed for sale without a peep!. Wouldn’t you like to be a fly on the wall of corporate headquarters tonight!

• Bejah says:

I wish we could somehow be organized enough to send letters to every medical office, every doctor in all of the cities and towns in this country, and those in other nations could do so in their cities and villages and townships,,,, warning doctors about these devices and providing them with a truth in medicine fact sheet. Think globally, act locally!

Bejah

• Barb says:

MSM I’m not seeing any advertisement anymore from any company trying to promote their products but I’m sure their reps are still pushing. Finally the mesh ads are slowing down I saw an advertisement July 15 is the deadline!! So if we already have the MDL in place and anyone who has AMS they should have cut off the timing for more clients when they reached an agreement I know my firm did shortly after………………if your not on board through the complete process, then they jumped ship.

14. The “”FDA”” is allowing these companys to make billions of dollars of these and all people.lnsurance companys doctors, and lawyers at the same time paying off the FDA to keep there mouth shut.What a system we have here..And they have the nerve to say we are just sueing for the money.What a joke but no one that is in pain is laughing or the familys of the those in pain.

• Bejah says:

Donald, It is my understanding that after the second warning was issued by the FDA they called a meeting to discuss what to do. I believe that was in 2012. I think the American people have heard NOTHING from the FDA since. It is beyond shameful. Clearly the FDA is corrupt and needs to be reorganized and have its head removed. I now believe we can not depend on the FDA at all for anything. It seems we can only depend on ourselves and eachother. So sad…

I heard a group of academics, economists, discussing our nations gold reserves. I am now under the impression that the country has been selling off our gold making our currency worth less. They warned of dire consequences and a global economic crises in the next year or so. I do not understand this well but if there is an economic collapse we should probably stock up on beans and rice. Who knows what will happen to the corporate citizens in such a situation.

How would we feel if we learned that China owned most of our gold?

Barbara

15. Angie Shackelford says:

I wish we could find a lawyer to take my husband’s case! We live in Ky and he had inguial hernia surgery with the Bard3D Max Mesh and he has been treated by so many doctors and all they could say was his symptoms was in his head! He had surgery July 14 and the very next day his body was already rejecting the mesh but yet no doctor would listen and his health just kept getting worse and worse! I was lucky that after almost a year of research and 12 doctors that I found one to remove the mesh and that was this past May 21! The mesh left the doctor no choice but to remove some nerves and now he is laying in bed with 372 stitches inside and glued together on the outside and is facing more surgery in four months and will have to live the rest of his life at high risk for another hernia! It’s a shame that a 42 year old man goes to a doctor for help with the hernia and was given no choice but to have surgery with mesh and then the surgeon not listening to him when he was having severe problems! He has aged alot over the past year and even looked like he had juadice besides the staying broken out in a rash and develop breathing problems, fatigue, no sex drive and getting sick after he would eat! Needless to say nolonger able to work and to care for me as I am disabled! God just pointed us in the right direction at the end of April and we found a doctor in Ky who took one look at my husband and said he had seen this quite a few times and got him into surgery to remove the mesh! He said it was killing my husband! I’m just praying that he will heal and be able to feel like a man again!

Ask Bruce Rosenberg 954-701-5094… he is hernia mesh injured and knows all about litigation and mesh injuries. Good luck. I wish it was easier.

• Tammy (KY) says:

Angie, you s call Bruce, I’m a meshie. I also live in Ky. Call me anytime. Be blessed

• Tammy (KY) says:

Angie, please call 859-421-3998, I’m a meshie in Ky

• Barb says:

So sorry Angie! Gosh such a young man…………….I do not have the hernia mesh but it took me being n advocate for myself when our bodies tell us something is wrong then deff is! I wish you and him all the luck and being in chronic pain, having to endure what he and you both have we do age quicker. It drains us all emotionally mentally and physically along with spouses and the rest of the family!! I hope they do eventually really start listening, putting our lives in danger no one has that right!! It took me from 2008 till this month to find a Doctor who has empathy, listens, has redone all test because other doctors didn’t fall through. This is not just for woman and I hope more of us posting here understand that!

16. Abandoned says:

Thank God !

17. Tammy (KY) says:

Praise God. Truth is coming forward. I’m so happy for Deborah. God be with her and her family.

18. Corinne Everly says:

I think this pretty much fires it up, who has the authority and audacity to implant a device that is made of material that has a warning label such as this?? FDA..what the … are there real people there, knock, knock, knock ???? THE BIGGEST INSULT OF THIS IS WHY NOT ALLOW THE MDFS BE ADMISSIBLE IN COURT TO BEGIN WITH, IT WOULD SAVE ALOT OF TAXPAYERS TIME AND MONEY, IDIOTS!!! WHO ARE THEY WHO CHOSE TO INVADE US FOR A PROFIT? NO WONDER YOU WANT DETAILS KEPT QUIET, WHEN IT ALL COMES OUT YOU STAND TO FACE CRIMINAL CHARGES TOO RIGHT??? It makes me sick to my stomach, no amount t of money is enough for what they’vthey’ve ddone to us.

19. Newhopemom says:

Congrats for the victory and prayers to those of us who hope to live long enough to see our day in court. It’s a bittersweet thing…I just feel so saddened by the years of waiting and desperately need some closure myself..like many others do, I am sure.

20. karen says:

Thank you Jane for all the information on these trials.

Lets also Thank God, The Judge and staff for allowing the truth too be told.

Congratulations to Deborah and her Attorneys.

Now FDA PULL THIS PRODUCT RECALL NOW!!!!!!!

How about reclassify ALL mesh to Class III? It will never pass clinical trials. The FDA is WAAYYY over due on that proposal…

21. Anonymous says:

The plastic the mesh is made from specifically states that it is not intended for humans. It is petroleum base. That is why these companies did not get it sent directly to them. These CEOs knew this. So they purposely hide this from everyone. Intentionally hurting people for money.

We do not want money. We want prison for them.

• Barb says:

Agree with your statement! AMS has 1.6Billion in a fund to take care of most if not all there cases!! I think that is very generous and I believe we all will be some what satisfied once we have the figure in writing. I have an issue with these woman who only have mesh no other medical information about any other complications. There are lot #’s that are not defective I hope the attorneys have really looked to make sure that are in deed defective. I have a hard time believing that they don’t have any issues!! I say NO MONIES for those and if they have no issues now the chance that they will in the future in unlikely. I don’t believe that those who only have had the mesh should receive any compensation that money should go to the next tier saved for those in Tier 4,5…………..thats where alot will fit.

22. Andagain says:

I had hoped to go to the status conference in Charleston tomorrow but since my last surgery 2 weeks ago I am just not able, I will be keeping everyone in my prayers though. Until things start healing I am left to self cathing. The humiliation continues to grow.

23. Faith & Blessings says:

I thank everyone who is traveling to West Virginia to rallying for women that are so desperately hurting physically, psychologically and emotionally. May God Be With Everyone Tomorrow!!! Thank you so much for everything! I wish I could be there, but I have a lot of health issues and medical bills and cannot travel.

24. Ruined says:

I am not sure but I may or may not be appart of the status conference tomorrow. I can’t get a straight answer from the firm that is supposed to be working for me. I have had a total of 4 surgeries including the original Advantage sling. Is it common when you call for an update to be told “we are still working on a settlement? I feel like I am getting the run around. They never have anything to tell me

25. Bejah says:

Holy Kaka…the Gods have not abandoned us! Think of the message this sends to the evil bastards. I hope their tactic of appeal after appeal comes back and hits them where it hurts. People keep telling me it is all in Gods hands and that I must trust that HE is in control and that things happen for a reason and I try, Heaven knows I try. This is wonderful news but it is not the end, but it may be the beginning of the end for these defendants in this game. I pray for criminal prosecution. If the light of public opinion is brought to bear and with verdicts like this it becomes more likely, then we may begin to see real change. They hoped to control public opinion by controlling the press. If that strategy backfires what do you suppose the American people will feel about their attempt to control freedom of the press? Thank you GOD for this but we must keep fighting. My computer has been offline for a couple of weeks and what a sweet surprise to read this headline this day. This calls for a group cyper hug! God bless us, every one.

Bejah (Excuse me while I go jump up and down and howl at the moon 🙂 )

26. Bejah says:

I was just thinking….did we all take notice that their were six men on this jury (Is that always the case?) and they delivered a just and long overdue verdict. Thanks especially to those six men!

Also, during the time of egregious mortgage fraud (Was 2008 the peak?) people who were victimized at least had a resource in the form of a website like Jane’s where they could go and discuss their situations, concerns, and plan actions in their defense. One of the things they did was picket in front of the homes of the CEO’s of the banks involved. We could do that also I would think. Probably need a permit? The goal was to embarass them among other things. In the end it was the same old story for most…they lost their homes and BIG BANKING won. But they fought valiantly and some were lucky. The rest limped off into a life of “quiet desperation” and obscurity. Losing your home is like losing a loved one to a terrible death. It is like the end of a marriage. For those women (people) fighting this battle against mesh manufacturers who also lose their homes…my heart hurts for you. I know what it feels like. I also know that you must always have hope. Hope is like a candle in the dark. It illuminates the space where the Father sits with you in your sorrow. Never give in, never give up. As I write this events are unfolding as the “Settlement conference” takes place. I am meditating and praying for a favorable outcome to this event. Thank you to those who went. I went to the dentist yesterday to address the problem of my teeth and the alleged mesh involvement. I must have an emergency root canal tomorrow. I have never had a root canal and hardly ever had a cavitiy until now but my thoughts and prayers are with those standing for us at the settlement conference. I am sorry I could not be there and sorry I am late with my mail to the organizers.

Bejah

27. Deborah says:

HEY YA’LL ,I FOUND A PRETTY COOL SITE, THAT GIVES YOU DATES AND UPCOMING TRIALS DATES “CAROLYN ST. CLAIR . IT IS A LAW FIRM, BUT SO WHAT SHE STILL GIVES YOU DATES AND HOW MUCH WAS SETTLED FOR ETC.

28. Deborah says:

ARE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING THESE LARGE SUMS OF MONEY, WITH MDL’S OR ARE THE INDIVIDUAL, LAWSUITS?

Both… this case was in state court in Delaware. The MDLs are held in federal court and it could be outside of West Virginia.