J&J Tries to Overturn Batiste’s $1.2 Million Verdict

Linda Batiste

Linda Batiste

MND, September 20, 2015 ~ Linda Batiste was awarded $1.2 million by a Dallas jury last year as compensation for the injuries she suffered from her defective pelvic mesh implant made by Johnson & Johnson (J&J). Now the healthcare giant wants that award overturned.

The 65-year-old Batiste died from cancer last month. She never saw her compensation award which is to be paid to her family whenever J&J runs out of appeals.

Law360 reports that one of those appeals was presented before a judicial panel at the Fifth Court of Appeals in Dallas, September 16.

Attorney Stephen Brody spoke on behalf of J&J. Besides failing to establish the TVT-O mesh was defectively designed, Brody said Plaintiffs failed to prove her injuries were caused by the mesh used as a treatment for stress urinary incontinence.

Dr. M. Tom Margolis, urogynecologist

Dr. M. Tom Margolis, urogynecologist

Batiste had numerous health problems and J&J told jurors at trial her mesh injures were caused by previous surgeries.

Representing Batiste to the appellate panel, attorney Sarah Turman-Vedral argued the expert doctor at trial, M. Tom Margolis MD, who removed Batiste’s mesh and is considered a mesh removal specialist, testified her injuries resulted from her TVT-O implant.

The Batiste trial was the first to show the TVT-O was defectively designed. Transvaginal tape-obturator requires the polypropylene mesh to  hammock the urethra and then exit through a woman’s obturator space which includes up to eight layers of muscle, ligaments and tissue.

In Huskey v. Ethicon, (here) jurors also found the TVT-O to be defectively designed.  The mesh medical device remains on the market.

At trial, attorneys for Batiste showed jurors there were safer alternatives to TVT-O that could have been used by her doctor, but Brody for J&J argued on appeal Plaintiffs did not prove those meshes had less risk than TVT-O.  Turman-Vedral countered some alternatives, shown to jurors, are not yet approved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The Batiste case was tried under Texas law which requires Plaintiffs show another product existed that was a safer alternative to the defective product used – creating a higher burden for the Plaintiff.

According to Law 360 (subscription required) here:

Justice Bob Fillmore asked Turman-Vedral several times to point out the specific evidence that Batiste’s injuries were caused by the TVT mesh the jury found to be defective. Justice Bill Whitehill said he didn’t know how to draw a line between evidence that injuries like those Batiste suffered can result from a design defect and evidence that Batiste’s injuries were in fact caused by that defect. “

C. Lewis, art by Akre

C. Lewis, art by Akre

The J&J argument directly echoes the directed verdict it achieved in the case of Carolyn Lewis in February 2014. See MND coverage here  and here.

At the end of the Plaintiffs’ case in Lewis, J&J asked for and received a directed verdict in its favor because of alleged failures in the Plaintiffs’ case.  Brody’s letter arguing the failings of the Lewis case can be found here.

The Lewis case was also tried under Texas law, though heard before Judge Joseph Goodwin in multidistrict litigation proceedings in Charleston, WV where more than 83,000 pelvic mesh product liability lawsuits are consolidated.

Besides Brody, J&J attorneys included Charles Lifland of O’Melveny & Myers LLP and Scott Stolley of Cherry Petersen Landry & Albert LLP.

Batiste attorneys included Peter de la Cerda of Edwards & de la Cerda PLLC, Richard A. Capshaw of Capshaw & Associates, Tim Goss and Sara Turman-Vedral of Freese & Goss PLLC and David P. Matthews of Matthews and Associates.

The case is Johnson & Johnson et al. v. Batiste, case number 05-14-00864-CV, in the Texas Court of Appeals for the Fifth District.

LEARN MORE:

Lewis v. Ethicon is Over!  Judge Grants Ethicon’s Motion to End Trial, February 18, 2014, MND

Day Five: Lewis v. Ethicon: Ticking Time Bomb

Please use the Search Bar on MND page one and put in “Lewis ” for all coverage.

1. kitty says:

They couldn’t wait till the dirt settled over her grave. I just put back dental floss that I was going to purchase. There is a special place in Hell for select persons.

• Bejah B says:

Hi Kitty, Good for you, there are lots of dental floss options out there.

Some say that the truly evil have no hope of redemption but their souls are actually destroyed by GOD and cease forever to exist. And those who would cry out that they were just hired hands, just doing their job will not fare much better. It is said that some evil souls are absorbed back into the GODHEAD and therefore also ceace to exist as any form of former “self”. Some believe that there are those souls that are sent immediately back into life on earth and into the womb to live a life that will leave them to suffer as those they harmed suffered.

I do not know if SATAN exists or what happens to those presumably soulless entities that may walk the earth among us, or those who have sold their souls. I do remember though that one day I went to meet with a woman at the medical group I was assigned to (I no longer need to belong to a medical group, it costs a lot but it is worth it)…anyway this woman exuded evil and admitted coldly that she did whatever needed to be done to support physicians and did not care at all about patients. The most terrifying aspect of her was, and I swear this is true) she had black eyes…no whites even, just flat black eyes. I will never forget it and never went back, dropped the medial group as soon as I could.

So I believe there is evil in the world, all manner of evil. I look at the face of the CEO of JnJ and I see evil, in his countenance, over time I believe it alters the appearance. If you study the images of his passage through time to date you can see it…it is not aging, it is something else.

I grow white sage in my yard, one of the benefits of living in the desert. I sage my house regularly but it is a sacred space anyway. You can feel the light, the lightness of it even in the evening. Notice that when you visit others and in your own home. When you can, open up your house and let the air move through to help clense the space. (I think I am rambling…sorry :-).

I have one kitchen thing to share: I wanted something sweet the other evening but did not really have anything that did not need to be made and I was, as always, just too tired and I certainly did not feel like going to the market. Sometimes when the cupboard grows bare near the end of the month we must be creative (Its either that or saltines and peanut butter). I think I invented something really yummy to share with you all. Hope you like it.

Get your bag of ginger snaps out of the cupboard (always keep ginger snaps, they are very good for you). If you buy at Big Lots they are cheaper…there are differences in quality and snap but all are good enough. Get out of the cupboard some chocolate, either pieces of dark chocolate or Hershey’s kisses. Take a block of cream cheese out of the refrigerator (Also a good thing to keep on hand, so much you can do with it). Cut a piece of cream cheese and place it on top of the ginger snap. Then put the chocolate on top of that and devour. Soooo good. You can substitute and add other things like coconut (I buy unsweetened coconut, organic, at Trader Joe’s and it is actually very sweet naturally). Even the wounded can have fun and it will make you feel better.

Thinking of alternative therapies I have decided to do some sort of wild and wonderful things…I may not live long now so if not now when? What are they going to do, arrest me? Encourage you all to think up some happy things to do also….remember that T.S. Elliott told us to “Fight the dying of the light” so fight on…

* I went to Michael’s and bought very large canvases and some oil paint and art supplies I was out of. I am going to do paintings inspired by how I am feeling, what I am going through. There are no rules, paint free. I once lived in a beautiful brownstone in Manhattan behind a very famous old hotel. On the first floor there was a little French bistro. My then husband and I purchased the flat that was the top floor. The floor below us was occupied by an elderly artist and her home was full of beautiful paintings. She befriended me and taught me to paint. The most important thing she taught me was to not look at the canvas while working but to look instead at the subject only glancing once in awhile at the canvas. This teaches us skills that we can use in other areas of our lives but I did not understand that at the time. So do consider taking up drawing or watercolor or something. Picasso once famously said that if they took away his paint he would paint with charcoal. If they took that he would use pastel, and if that were denied him he would use pencil or crayon. He needed to express what was inside of him. He needed to let it out. That is a very human impulse. We need to have a release for our pain…play piano, or flute or guitar, sing, speak your pain and sorrow. The impulse to express is enhanced greatly where there is trauma, sorrow and woundedness. It is a gift from GOD by whatever name you know him. One of us has given us an example with her cartoons. You do not need to be a “good” artist, whatever that is. You may think you have nothing so say. That is common. Just begin. Just move and your soul will be moved to follow.

Another thing I am going to do is paint the interiors of my house, every room a diffrent color. I am going to buy wallpaper, beautiful metallic tapestry rolls and who knows what else at Home Depot or online at discount, or at websites that sell past season or left over rolls. I am going to buy chandiliers at garage sales or thrift shops or even make them and hang them all over my house. I am going to have a wonderful time and when I am ttired I will stop and rest. When I wake I will continue. If I get really audacious I may paint the eves of the house purple! BTW you can buy oops paint deeply discounted.

I took a course in Upolustry at a community college in San Marcos (CA) several years ago and got certified. I have a beautiful upholstrey toolbox now full of wonderful tools and I have bolts of wonderful upholstrey fabric. I am going to reupholster some of my furniture in fabulous colors and fabrics. I will begin with the dining room chairs. Leopard seats and purple raw silk backs perhaps.

Then I am going to rearrange furniture with the help of a neighbor.

I will do these things until I can no longer move and then I will enjoy looking at them and one day I will fall asleap in my little castle and wake in Heaven with my mommy there to greet me. She will say “Welcome home dear child, all your sorrows are now over”.

Keep your eye fixed on Heaven and be not too troubled by the sorrows of this world. They say that GOD is in control, that things happen for a reason, and that HE knows what you bear and is with you always. A priest once told me that bearing our sorrow, it is a sacred participation with the sorrows of Jesus as he bore the terrors of the cross.

2. Emmie says:

J&J you are unbelievably disgusting.

If only the public would know how you treat the victims of this mesh mess.

Linda is not here to support her claims. What an insult to Linda and her family and also to our justice system.

J&J supports the nurses by taking their ads off “The View”

Words hurt and I am glad you support nurses.

However J&J has physically ruined thousands of lives with much more than worrds.

• Bejah B says:

Emmie, Are the nurses you refer to real nurses or are they actresses? I do not know but would not be surprised if they were hired hands, so to speak. I do not see that ad much which is interesting. I have the sense that most people do not believe the JnJ ad campaign. It seems weak to me.

3. MAMOHIO says:

J & J are a bunch of rotten SOB’s, how dare they try and deprive her family of some type of compensation. Im sure they would rather have their loving wife and mother back. How callous are you going to let J & J go Judge Goodwin before you stand up and use your authority and shut them down with all these appeals and destroying evidence, etc. You are just as bad as they are if you continue to let them play these games. They are laughing behind your back, thinking they have you fooled too! Do they? For God sake let the woman rest in peace. I will never buy another product from that company as long as I live. Murderers!

• Advocate says:

I know you want to lash out at someone MAMOHIO, but Judge Goodwin has nothing to do with this case or the appeal. It was tried in a Texas court, not his. While Judge Goodwin is the judicial authority in the MDL, he’s not exempt from following trial rules, even if his personal opinion might side with the plaintiffs. I don’t guess at what Judge Goodwin might personally feel, because those feelings have nothing to do with his judicial responsibilities.

I understand It would be wonderful if these cases were before a judge, who was openly on the side of the plaintiffs and ruled according to his/her personal feelings. Of course the downside to that, every decision would be an automatic appeal with judicial prejudice and over reach. The Appellant Court would have no option, other than, to overturn verdicts and remand them back for retrial.

Then too, there’s the flip side of the coin. How about the defendants get the judge of their choice and that judge rules against every plaintiff, causing them to have to appeal on the above mentioned grounds? That would be a miscarriage of justice as well. See, a judge must lean on case law for a decision on procedure or rule. He can’t say, “because I said so” on anything procedural. Texas law requires proof something safer existed. I have not read the transcripts of the trial, but I know these firms and I know they know to get that done, so the assumption I make is, they did so.

The defense’s job, (put the emotional issue aside for a moment) is to attempt to draw uncertainty to the trail procedures or interpretations under existing case law.. it’s the only thing the appeal can be based on. If there are no trial errors or wrong interpretations of law, then the appeal will be denied. This is the American Judicial process. No emotions, only rules and cases to support the arguments as each side views the writings.

This is a perfect example why “trial” for any of the mesh cases, won’t be the “slam dunk” that many injured feel they would be. I’ve read too many times, just let me get on the stand and tell my story and I know that justice will prevail with a fine verdict. We can’t predict what a panel of jurists will do, in any venue in the country, no matter how hard we try to get that feel.

I trust the system to work and the attention to detail that these firms have shown in previous trial cases, to help come out with a denial on the appeal. JnJ will always appeal, even on the thinnest of threads, but please understand these things have a process and nobody is bigger than the process, including Judge Goodwin.

Ms. Batiste is no longer in pain, and resides in a beautiful world and for that, I’m joyful. This appeal verdict is now for the family and the rest of you! I pray for your win, in the appeal.

• Bejah B says:

Advocate, Thank you for that timely and very well crafted education.It occurred to me while reading it that we need to remember that a defendant is always concerned about each case because of what Advocate referred to with the reference to “Case law”. I think what he means is that any case has the potential of becomming a case that other cases in the future point to in order to support their argument, their position. Is this correct? That is one of the reasons why the defendants in this matter so aggressively seek to either win a case or settle so that they avoid seeing that case standing up in the future as an example of “Case law”. This does not in any way excuse their conduct but I believe that the more we understand the way things work the more chance there is that we may find some small measure of comfort. Thanks agan Advocate. Please stay with us.

• Bejah B says:

I do not wish to offend those who belive in Judge Goodwin but I have never thought he was…let’s just say…I have never felt he was a free man.

I feel so badly for Linda’s family… to have to bear this added abuse, this dishonor is so obscene, such a desacration. I have the feeling though that they are not surprised at this knowing what they are dealing with. I think they have a lot of strength and they probably expected something like this.

These defendants do not want us to “win” cases,, they do not want us to have to even have an award of even $5.00, such is their sick desperation for profit, their greed, and level of disease of the spirit. Imagine a person or a company or a nation for whom there would never be enough, they could never be content, satisfied…they are like rats on a wheel, forever spinning. Is that not a kind of HELL? There is no humility, no apology in their losing, quite the opposite. And they have lost many cases which is why they have that settlement ever ready to pull out of the hat and their spin machine on high alert. The more they lose, the more they dig in.

I truly believe that a trial for crimes against humanity is appropriate…these are conducted I think in The Hague if memory serves me well, which it sometimes these days, does not. But that fine court lies dormant, gathering dust in an age when we need it more than ever. We are a global economy now so why are we not acting like one? Why are we not utilizing the great court? Has it become an anacronism? Has the Rule of Law, like the Hippocratic Oath become obsolete?

There is a theory of economics that suggests that civilization is actually devolving. What think you, good people? How many centuries will it be, I wonder before we start breeding and eating the people of fourth world nations as the carrying capacity of our planet becomes way over burdened? Will the Nazi ideal rise again from its ashes yet even more terrible? Are we still human? In 200 years will we still be human? The way we treat each other is a core definition of humanity. I tell you my dogs are more human than many people I come across these days.

Lindas family will move on. They will continue to go to church, to count their blessings, remember their mother, their matriarch, and leave this evil behind them because I do not think for a minute they expected any fairness, not from the defendants, not from the court, not from the judge and not from a system of government that has betrayed them for generations.

Bejah

If these beasts think they can seek salvation on their deathbeds and have it granted they are mistaken, one must atone for what they have done in life. There are those that are forgiven for their human transgressions, but we too must atone for what we have done that may have hurt someone’s feelings, for any number of human frailties but the scale of this is so great that a dark and terrible afterlife awaits those like these defendants.

4. PLC says:

One step forward, two steps back 🙁

5. anonymous says:

You know stress kills too. I wonder how many more years Linda would have had if she had not had to deal with all the stress that comes from the mesh hell! The stress of pain, surgeries, meds so many meds, not knowing how to pay your bills, not to even begin to mention what the stress does to your family life and every day activities. If anything there should be a law suit against J&J for accelerating her death. I am sure they were made aware of her death and not figure this is an easy target now. J&J you are exponent of Satan himself !!!! So many words that describe you I can not put into writing. This woman suffered greatly as many of us have. The one thing she could have had, should have had is money in her account the day she died. Many be she could have had a few moments of happiness before she died. She deserved that!!!! I hope even though I never wish this on anyone that the day you see your maker he says sorry you can go to hell and burn alive the rest of eternity because of your lies and greed.

I am so sick of being screwed over by these companies. AMS is the same way. Oh yes they are making settlements and that is ok. But they are taking forever to give them out. And then there are so many rules about when you can get your money and that it has to come in three separate payments and drag this hell out even longer. There are so many rules about what constitutes damage and what you have had to have done to get compensation. This whole deal makes me sick !!! WE HAVE BEEN HURT BY MESH!! WE WERE NORMAL BEFORE THIS!!! IT IS AS PLAN AS THE NOSE ON YOUR FACE AND FOR YOU TO APPEAL OR FIGHT THESE LAW SUITS IS HORRENDOUS!!!

IS THERE NO ONE OUT THERE, NOT ONE COMPANY THAT WILL STAND UP AND DO THE RIGHT THING. HAS GOD AND MORALITY LEFT EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE IN ALL OF THESE COMPANIES. HAVE YOU BRAIN WASHED YOUR EMPLOYEES TO BELIEVE THAT 100,000 WOMEN ARE ALL LYING. GET REAL!!!

AS ONCE SAID “STOP THE MADNESS BEFORE YOU KILL US ALL”!!!

AND WHERE IS GOOD ALL JUDGE GOODWIN IN ALL OF THIS? I HEARD HE IS SYMPATHETIC? HARD TO BELIEVE WHEN ALL OF THIS IS TAKING SO VERY LONG. IT SEEMS LIKE IT IS 1900 AGAIN AND NO ONE GIVES A FRICK ABOUT WOMEN. OUR COURTS, OUR GOVERNMENT AND OUR JUDGES AND MAYBE MANY ATTORNEYS HAVE LEFT US DOWN. THIS IS IS JUST BEYOND ABSURD!!! AND MY FEAR IS THAT WE WILL NEVER BE OK AGAIN EVER!!!!!

• Bejah B says:

Thanks Anon, I expect that they drag out disbursements of settlement monies because that way they lose less money than if the law required that it be given to you in one lump sum. Where settlements are concerned does the fricking state take up to 70% or is that just with trials and damage assessments? If so I wonder how long it will be before the states decide they want to cash in on settlement dollars also.

Our innocence, whatever was left of it when this began, has been as if drained like the blood from our bodies now. I feel like a ghost….like a person that is not quite here, translucent and no one can hear me, like I am trapped between the worlds of the living and the dead.

• anonymous says:

Bejah oh dear I understand how you feel. I am one of them they cannot go out to stores or flea markets or movies or anything. Even after four surgeries I still have pain. I understand about being a ghost while everyone continues their life we just struggle through the day trying to relieve the pain. If it wasn’t for God I think I would have left this world a long time ago. Everything is pretty much been taken in my life that I had before mesh. Do you ever feel like you’re just waiting to die. I’ve been told my settlement is coming and then I just wait and wait and wait well I try not to lose my house and everything I own. If the physical wasn’t bad enough the mental anguish that we live in every day is taking its toll. I’ve been on this site a long time and I keep watching about verdicts being giving and read about hope for tomorrow most of my hope is gone. There are many days that I wish I could just fade away and become a ghost that I could just go home and live in paradise. I try to encourage friends that I know who have had mesh to keep hanging in there but sometimes my words are just empty I don’t have the answers and I have very little hope left. I thought perhaps with a settlement I could try alternative medical procedures that might help me but doctors have told me don’t have any more surgeries it’s just going to cause more problems. Still standing has good ideas but let’s get real ladies no one gives a damn about us at least not in the government. Perhaps many years from now a big story will come out about mesh and all the dangers maybe it won’t. I like the village idea I wish I lived somewhere close where everybody can support everybody but yet I sit here day in and day out all by myself trying to hang and do anything I can to keep my mind busy. I actually wrote Donald Trump but have heard nothing. Besides that I’m scared to death to put my name out there because if I do my attorney says it could damage my case. I recently found out I have even more damage than I thought there seems to be no end to this nightmare. I have tried to fight for so many years now and have people hear what h as been done to women, and nobody really wants to hear it and none of us I think begin to realize how long the arms of J&J are. Understand what you mean when you say people look right through you especially when you tell them and pain and they look at you be wildered because they can’t see your pain. But all I can believe is that someday over the rainbow I will be free of pain someday over the rainbow somebody will hold me and take all my pain away someday over the rainbow I will smile again

• Bejah B says:

Dear Anon, Yes, remember when Jesus was upon the cross and turned to the person near him and said that soon they would be together in Paradise? Hold fast to your faith and your sense of humor. God has a marvelous sense of humor and loves to see his children laugh…consider the beautiful song, “Smile though your heart is broken, smile even though…” I can not remember the rest but laughter is good medicine and it seeps down through your pain and warms you.

Regarding housing concerns….are you aware of SECTION 8? You should be able to get information about it on your county website. Search for “XYZ County Housing Authority” or just “Section 8”. I will give you an example but my knowledge is sketchy. In my case I lease a house from friends. The house is a large 3 beroom house in a lovely area and it really is too expensive for me but I can not afford to move and I will not sell my family things and I will not move into an apartment. It is possible to stay in your own home. The rules for home owners may be a bit different but this may help many of us who like me never thought of it until very recently. Actually my friends who own this house suggested it to me. They said they would list the house as Section 8 to help me. I pay $1500 a month, let’s say. My income is under $35,000 so I qualify. I am one person in a three bedroom house so they will only cover me for a one bedroom residence which means that after doing the math and allowing me the savings for a one bedroom (rather than 3) I save about $200 a month because the state issues a check for the difference to the owner of the house each month. It is not a lot but it would be a big help to me. In my case the waiting list was open this past winter but is now closed probably for three or four years. The first thing to do is get on the waiting list if there is one. Maybe you will be lucky and there will not be. Then when your name is selected you receive a voucher and can then make the connection to the house and get the discount. This is a bureacuracy, what can I say.

For those of you who are in a different position, please know that there are other housing options, new construction housing units that are very, very reasonable for which you can also receive assistance funds. Hey, it is the least they can do for us after all this, isn’t it. I strongly encourage all of you who are in need of safe secure reasonable housing to investigate these options. Tammy, are you reading this I hope. You may be in pain, you may be alone, (In a way we all are) but do not let them leave you to die on the street.

In the FATHERS name.

6. matt says:

I wonder if we should picket J&J, which now has some 26,000 mesh cases filed against it. The company refuses to accept responsibility. J&J is the only big mesh maker not to come to the settlement table, despite having lost Linda’s case and many others. They are evil, evil people. Maybe a large gathering at J&J HQ could get their attention.

• Debbie E says:

I would picket with you!!!!! We need to do something for sure. Also, I talked to my lawer about any settlement I might recieve in a law suit and how would the money be handled in the case I have passed before and she told me I have to have it in writing with my family lawer in my well…..so that is a little info for everyone

• Bejah B says:

Matt, We have talked about doing this over and over and yet little has been done. We are not well, we have no resources and no financial support from any benefactor(s) and the defendants like it that way. Maybe you can try and get some of us organized to do something meaningful.

7. tammy says:

Ams is doing the same thing it has been 6 years for me i have lost my family my self worth an all posetions my stress level is so bad homless too an all i get is more lies they. Do not care they all should be in jail god help us please i do not have the money to fight these devils something needs to be done now. I was told i should write the judge like he is going to help do not have no faith in that any way all l knowwill be dead this is crazy some body needs to help us yes i was haveing health promlems some what before this devil mesh was put in me but my life has been destroyed now for sure they need to stop this greed an do whats right an the help these wemon …..!!!!!!!

8. anna says:

I just don’t understand why petty are printed in the front pages of the news, but the destruction of women’s life are not. What happened to DATELINE-CNN-MSNBC-2020. Where are they when we need them, why isn’t anybody listening to us. Why isn’t anybody opening up pandoras box on them, so that we could boycott there products. So sorry for Ms. Batista, and her family.

9. Mimiboops says:

How utterly sickening. I can’t even say anything else.

10. Josie says:

Hey lets push it forward with Facebook Twitter hashtag etc and see how many of us can go have disgusting johnson Johnson is and and get people to ban all their products

11. Debbie E says:

??????? What needs to be done to have the executive of Johnson and Johnson put on trial like the peanut manufacturer executives on trial for damaging all of us????? Could this trial set a precedents to bring Johnson and Johnson to trial for putting money before people????????

12. Emmie says:

Let’s communicate our mesh mess to Donald Trump who is not afraid to speak and hear the truth of the antics of powerful pharmaceutical corporations and politicians who are financially supported by them. (President Obama and many others)

The justice system spoke for Linda Batista. J&J now wants to overturn the 1.2 million jury verdict since her death. This is an INSULT to Linda, her family, other mesh victims, and our justice system. I understand Donald Trump used the loopholes of our laws to declare bankruptcy for some of his corporations and understands our laws need change for benefit of the little people!

POLITICIANS SUPPORTED BY PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES MUST END!

Together we can loudly express our VOICE about Johnson & Johnson and other pharmaceutical companies who hurt women with their bladder mesh implants.

It would be to our best interest to include our names and address; but cannot do that because of our legal gag orders. Express this info in your communication along with the

meshmedicalnewsdesk website for Trumps reference.

_________

Google

Find contact info and write an immediate reply on his website

_______________

Or Trump’s Legal Firm:

Donald Trump

Manatt Phelps & Phillips

11355 W. Olypic Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA. 90064

• kitty says:

Thank u for Trump address. Also a demonstration has to be seen. They have to see us with our walkers canes and wheelchairs. The nerve damage is devastating

• Bejah B says:

Emmie, Since I think you are new to the community maybe before we discuss doing all this you could tell us a little about yourself. Thanks.

• Emmie says:

I have been quietly watching and following the Mesh News Desk for the past three years.

My first bladder implant was in 2006 by a pioneer doctor whose name has been mentioned many times in trials and who sold me on “the gold stand” that would change my life.

He was right; it forever changed my life.

2006…….Prolift and TVT-S.

Never informed by doctor about TVT-S implant. Learned of this implant when I received my medical history.

2007…….TVT-O

Attempt to correct what the Prolift and TVT-S failed to accomplish.

Searching for resolution to my health issues of chronic pelvic pain and UTIs. Removal of my gall bladder (2008) which did not help resolve issues. 13 doctors and no resolution.

2009……My colon broke open while going through treatment for breast cancer. Thank God a doctor found my colon issue. I was so sick I prayed for death. Lost 12 inches of my colon.

Plus had fistula from my colon to my bladder which I learned years later that all this could have been a result of the mesh implants.

Implant mesh doctor blamed painful sex due to menopause. ( 2006 to present date.)

Oncologist said estrogen plan by mesh implant doctor was not an option due to the nature of my breast cancer. Eventually found through a second opinion that intercorse pain was due to mesh. The pain trauma endured by my body triggered diabetes.

2010….Second opinion doctor removed some of my mesh which did not resolve problems.

Initial mesh implant doctor said my second opinion doctor was wrong about mesh and I would be back to him to repair his “butcher mesh removal surgery”.

2011….Lost my great paying job that I loved in a well known company due to chronic health issues and many short term disability claims since 2006.

2012….Pain Management GYN finds that my pudendal nerve is damaged and three pain block attempts only bought short term pain resolution. Third block increased severity of pain.

2013 to present….Quality of life sucks. Researched many options for mesh removals. Currently working on paperwork to have complete removal attempt by Dr. V in St. Louis.

Living in chronic pain and fear that removal surgery will cause more pain. Spasms bring me to my knees. Pelvis area bloated so much I look pregnant. Depressed how my life has changed dramatically since the 2006 promise of “the golden strandard”. Yes the three mesh implants have truly changed my life and sadly my marriage of 31 years.

• MAMOHIO says:

you should contact Dr. Greg Vigna to help with a life care plan like Jane has suggested to quite a few people. It will cost you down the road like the lawyers but he may be able to you get a better settlement when that day ever comes. I talked to him today and you sound like a perfect candidate. He will at least take the time to talk with you. He answered my call immediately and also called me back. He has drs that he refers also, the main drs for mesh removal is Dr Veronikas, Dr. RAz and another Dr in Phonenix that Dr. Vigna preferred. Please talk to this man first, only ladies who had multiple surgeries and is in life threathening or altering conditions. Jane will get you his number and email. I believe it is listed on the front page of this also.

look at mesh news desk. click on his picture it links to his website with phone number. thanks. too many attnys are not taking advantage of this avenue. If you had pudendal nerve damage, shoudn’t you be compensated for that?

• kitty says:

Just read your story

I hope the breast CA is in remission.

• Emmie says:

Kitty…Yes my breast cancer is in remission.

January 2016 I will be 6 years breast cancer free!!!

Mamohio…. Thanks for info.

Jane….. Thanks for keeping us informed. Without your updates and mesh info, we all be in the dark. I plan to follow through with the doctor who supports the pudendal nerve issues.

• Bejah Blue says:

Thank you for sharing this with us all Emmie. I am so sorry I questioned your identity and hope you understand. I really do not even know what to say about all you have been through and do pray that you have the best care. There is always hope that tomorrow may bring a better day, renewed hope, some good news.

• Emmie says:

I wrote to Donald Trump last night and forward my email to him again tonight. I kept it simple and concise. Tonight’s email asked him to please not forget the bladder mesh victims. Also asked Mr. Trump to again help keep pharmaceutical companies out of politicians’ pockets.

Years ago I worked in the human resources for a large corporation. We had a person who wanted to be employed by this company and wrote an email every day reminding the company of his desire.

He never let us forget him and the company eventually hired this person. This person is more than excellent employee for this company for over ten years.

My point is that we need to keep reminding Donald Trump of the bladder mesh issue and how many victims have been hurt by the mesh. Remind him that we need his support.

• Emmie says:

Bejah B.

No problem about asking about my background.

I understand where you were coming from with your question.

It has been a rough 12 years for me. Forgot to mention I also had thyroid cancer.

God is not finish with me yet!!

• Mamohio says:

To contact Donald Trump by email it is. info@donaldtrump.com

I tried the other email address which had 2.. in the email. I took 1 . out and it still came back to me. I finally got thru to his campaign trail and I sent him our petition and also links to this website, our MAM fb site and Polly Montgomery’s video. Whether or not he does anything with it. We’ll see. I also wrote again to Dr. PHIL and Robin. The story section can only be 250 words. It was so hard to narrow it down to that and get the point across but I will post it and anyone that wants to copy and paste and send to Dr. Phil or Mr. Trump may do so. The more that sends it the better. I made it generic to tell our story as a whole not just the individual. You can write or change whatever you like to fit your needs. God Bless

MAMOHIO

13. guest says:

I am so sick. I keep telling all of you how sick I am, because if I die, someone has to have it documented that mesh killed me. So many surgeries, procedures, meds, trips to doctors, stress, poor, scared, too much to take at times. New doctor: Infectious Disease Specialty. Reason? Severe Immune System problems.

J&J, give the family the settlement. Their Mother suffered for it. You make this much money in less than a day on baby powder. What is the problem? The women of mesh are telling the truth. We are suffering.

No one will talk about mesh. No one. Everyone is scared of J&J.

• Bejah B says:

Guest dear, In order for us to remember you we need a name of some kind….something, we can not just pray for the soul of our sister “guest”, you know? Make it something nice. Jane can show you how to change it if you need that. But please do not leave us. We care about you. Imagine if we all lived in the same village and could walk to eachother’s homes to visit. Wouldn’t that be nice. We care about you like that in this odd village we live in online. One day at a time….tomorrow there could be some good news.

14. Still Standing says:

I would like to give a little war room advice about contacting political people. I have some experience in advocating within the legislative walls of states and US congress that I would like for you to think about:

1. While our physical and emotional pain is personally top of the mind daily, it is not for others unless they are personally impacted by it.

2. Most of the letters or emails get dumped in an aide or intern’s box and they are the ones who determine what goes forward. They sift through hundreds of angry letters daily from many people who feel that their problem is the most important thing in the world. Remember that interns and aides are young people fresh out of college or some who are still in college. Empathy at this age is not always deep. You have to communicate with them in a way that brings them to be touched by your story. An angry, accusing , or disjointed letter may give them a good laugh for the day before it is discarded so be deliberate and thoughtful in what you have to say. It is not the time to invoke references to satan or to go into great detail about your particular case.

3. There is strength in numbers and more strength in a common message. It would be best to agree to one format of a well written and concise letter/email so that the same message is put out there. I cant emphasize this enough. This is called branding in marketing. A powerful example is Target…their commercials dont even have to say the word target, we associate the red bulls eye without even thinking about it. That is because they have spent years building a consistent brand. This can work with our advocacy efforts as well…consistent message, compelling stories, concise wording.

4. A phone call is still impactful and while you will never get to the legislator or senator, calmly visiting with someone in their office can leave a good …or bad…impression. You should develop talking points that everyone uses and agrees to stick to. These should be based on the facts, not personal feelings. There will be time to communicate these as well, but first you have to establish the issue as a credible one. Establishing rapport with office staff is exxtremely beneficial. Thank them for listening to you..do not get angry and yell at them.

5. Find out when your Congressman will be back in your district. Most of them set up “listening posts” or town hall meetings where you can bring up your issues. Even if these are done by an aide, you have the chance for them to hear your story and take it higher up. That is why a cohesive message is important.

6. Coming from a position of strength is vital. I know many of us do not feel “strong” but asking others to have a pity party for us will not move minds as much as delivering the devastating facts of the history of mesh while also showing that we wont back down in our resolve to work AS A GROUP to uncover and publicize the truth.

Establishing some form of singular messaging, using the above points can really be beneficial to advancing common goals. Taking the time to formulate a plan is important.

• Bejah B says:

This is one of the most valuable posts I have ever seen on this site. I pray that we all read it very carefully, stay focused, take notes and then make a plan. I hope we all present ideas with this advice in mind. Mine will be that we form a small committee to gather drafts, ideas, etc. and write out:

1. A first draft of a letter to elected representatives

2. A mission statement for ourselves to help keep us all on point

3. A list of do’s and don’t simply spelled out to reach all in our community (This helps when one is in a lot of pain and/or medicated

4. Talking points document draft that we all contribute to initially and then whittle down to something readable by third parties

And, God Bless Still Standing for helping with always astute and meaningful advice and observation.

• kitty says:

Important point today–check with our law firms to determine if they will fight aftet we pass

It is a slow insidious nerve dystrophy– whether pudental or other sacral nerve.

• Bejah B says:

Dear Kitty, I did sort of ask my counsel that question. What happens as I understand it and please confirm, once you pass away your case loses some value but the firm representing you does carry on. Please talk with your counsel about this. Stay strong. This is important, I am not sure why, but I feel very stongly that it is.

Bejah

PS This is one reason it is important to have a TRUST or a will or some instrument in place that will protect your estate.

15. PLC says:

What we need is to have a world wide “Mesh Hurts”convention.

Try to have thousands of us to attend . If we can get some advertisement , bill boards, etc, I am sure news would get involved then. Too bad we couldn’t get a few sponsors .

We could try to get Erin Nrockovich, maybe someone like Donald Trump as already suggested.

I’m sure there are other big names we can get to Jump on board

We have to be “heard”. We have to be loud

Worldwide we need to get into Local papers, local news. It would be nice if Dateline or fifth estate??

Of course speaking to our lawyers before we do anything is a must.

Just an idea.

• Bejah B says:

A wonderful idea PLC but gosh, it makes me exhausted just reading it. Maybe I could volunteer to sit and fold pamphlets. 🙂

I know it is not funny, but sometimes it is all I can do.

16. MAMOHIO says:

FYI Trumps email address has 2 periods before the com. Just FYI if you are cutting and pasting

17. Bejah B says:

To Digress: Did anyone notice what a good artist Jane is? See her illustration I think in this piece. Very impressive. Please consider sharing more of your work with us Jane and explore your talent.

18. MAMOHIO says:

Here’s what I sent to Mr. Trump if you want to copy or edit and email to Mr. Trump info@donaldtrump.com

He is the only one not connected to the big Pharma Co for his campaign. The more women that contacts him maybe he might take it on.

Mr. Trump,

You want to win women voters over the right way? Read below. Please go to our websites and read our horror stories. Not one TV show, News show, Politician or anyone is hearing our stories. You know why? Because the Politicians running have their hands in the pockets of these Pharmaceutical companies who maimed us, some of us have already died due to the mesh, some have committed suicide. Right now we have no jobs, some have husbands have left us because loss of marital consortium, loss of our livelihood, no insurance, no money, SSI/SSDI won’t help most of us even though we paid in and worked 20 to 40 yrs. No one cares about us women?! I believe in you, cause you are funding your own campaign and don’t need the big Pharma Co’s $$$. Please join us and help us get the word out to other women. This product is still being

used in women for Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI), Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) and Hernia patients all over the world. You have a wife and a daughter, special women in your life? You wouldn’t want this to happen to them? This mesh which is made of plastic,(basically fishing line interwoven to make a mesh) affects the lives of women and their families, unfortunately we have already lost some due to complications, auto-immune illnesses, multiple surgeries, infection, and suicide. Yes, women have taken their own lives cause we have no one to stand up for us and no where to go to get help! Women today that are dealing with daily pain, multiple surgeries, trying to find competent Drs who will remove it. This mesh was not intended to be removed. Some say it is like taking rebar out of concrete. WE are trying to manage our lives we got dealt and didn’t ask for, we were used as guinea pigs by these Pharma Co’s that make billions especially Johnson & Johnson who choose to try every case then appeal if they lose. This can go on for YEARS! to make a living and deal with pain everyday. This is still being used by a multiple number of Drs and Pharma Co.s and soon the women of the future will also be affected if this product is not taken off the market and these companies and the FDA is help accountable!

I took an action on Action Network called Tell the FDA: Reclassify All Mesh as High Risk!.

Add your name and comment to join our renewed call to the FDA to reclassify all transvaginal mesh

as high risk. The FDA is currently considering a proposal to reclassify mesh for pelvic organ

prolapse (POP), but most mesh is implanted for stress urinary incontinence (SUI). Add your name to

our message to the FDA: Move quickly to reclassify POP mesh, and begin the process to do the

same for SUI mesh. More women are getting hurt every day.

Here’s our letter in full:

Margaret A. Hamburg, M.D. Commissioner, Food and Drug Administration Department of Health and Human

Services Jeffrey E. Shuren, M.D., J.D. Director, Center for Devices and Radiologic Health Food and

Drug Administration Department of Health and Human Services Dear Drs. Hamburg and Shuren,

We, the supporters and members of the We Are Mesh Survivors Coalition, respectfully request that

pursuant to 21 C.F.R. §§ 10.30, the FDA immediately reclassify non-absorbable surgical mesh

products specifically designed and labeled for transvaginal repair of pelvic organ prolapse (POP) as

a Class III ‘high risk’ device. We understand that the FDA is currently reviewing a proposal to

reclassify mesh for that treatment, and we ask that the proposal be adopted promptly. We wish to

supplement that existing request by respectfully requesting that the FDA also reclassify nonabsorbable

surgical mesh products specifically designed and labeled for transvaginal repair of stress

urinary incontinence (SUI) as a Class III ‘high risk’ device. As the FDA itself has documented,

reports of adverse events surrounding implantation of pelvic mesh are legion. As of 2013, more than

85,000 individual lawsuits were filed against mesh manufacturers as a result of these injuries. The

FDA reports that from January 1, 2008 through September 30, 2011, it received 1,876 reports of

complications associated with surgical mesh devices used to repair SUI. As reported by the FDA,

the most common complications reported through Medical Device Reports (MDRs) for surgical mesh

slings for SUI repair, in descending order of frequency, include: pain, mesh erosion through the

vagina, infection, urinary problems, recurrent incontinence, pain during intercourse (dyspareunia),

bleeding, organ perforation, neuro-muscular problems, and vaginal scarring. We fully support the

FDA’s issuance of a proposed order to reclassify surgical mesh for the treatment of POP as a “high

risk” Class III medical device that requires premarket approval. Moreover, we believe that it is critical

to providing adequate protection to women to go one step further and to immediately reclassify mesh

used for SUI as a Class III medical device . Given the number and severity of adverse reactions to

pelvic mesh, the FDA should immediately reclassify non-absorbable surgical mesh products

specifically designed and labeled for transvaginal repair of pelvic organ prolapse (POP) as a Class

III ‘high risk’ device and initiate similar action for non-absorbable surgical mesh products specifically

designed and labeled for transvaginal repair of stress urinary incontinence (SUI). Class III

designations will prevent more American women from being injured by these devices. Thank you for

working to protect the health of American women. Sincerely, We Are Mesh Survivors Coalition and

the following individuals:

Facebook: Mesh Awareness Movement

Video of Polly Montgomery

Educational website: meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com

Can you join me and take action? Click here: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/tell-the-fda-reclassifyall-

mesh-as-high-risk?source=email&

Thanks!

19. MAMOHIO says:

He is the only one not connected to the big Pharma Co for his campaign. He unlike other politicians has his own money. The more women that contacts him maybe he might take it on for his campaign trail.

Mr. Trump,

You want to win women voters over the right way? Read below. Please go to our websites and read our horror stories. Not one TV show, News show, Politician or anyone is hearing our stories. You know why? Because the Politicians running have their hands in the pockets of these Pharmaceutical companies who maimed us, some of us have already died due to the mesh, some have committed suicide. Right now we have no jobs, some have husbands that left us because loss of marital consortium, loss of our livelihood, no insurance, no money, SSI/SSDI won’t help most of us even though we paid in and worked 20 to 40 yrs. No one cares about us women?! I believe in you, cause you are funding your own campaign and don’t need the big Pharma Co’s $$$. Please join us and help us get the word out to other women. This product is still being

used in women for Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI), Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) and Hernia patients all over the world. You have a wife and a daughter, special women in your life? You wouldn’t want this to happen to them? This mesh which is made of plastic,(basically fishing line interwoven to make a mesh) affects the lives of women and their families, unfortunately we have already lost some due to complications, auto-immune illnesses, multiple surgeries, infection, and suicide. Yes, women have taken their own lives cause we have no one to stand up for us and no where to go to get help! Women today that are dealing with daily pain, multiple surgeries, trying to find competent Drs who will remove it. This mesh was not intended to be removed. Some say it is like taking rebar out of concrete. WE are trying to manage our lives we got dealt and didn’t ask for, we were used as guinea pigs by these Pharma Co’s that make billions especially Johnson & Johnson who choose to try every case then appeal if they lose. This can go on for YEARS! This is still being used by a multiple number of Drs and Pharma Co.s and soon the women of the future will also be affected if this product is not taken off the market and these companies and the FDA is held accountable! Automobiles are treated better than a human life at least we get a notice when our car has a defective product and it affects a fire or safety code. But Humans, we didn’t get nothing from the FDA, we saw the Lawyer Ads on TV, or word of mouth, that’s how we finally found out for all these years we have been suffering, going to dr after dr, meds of all sorts, physical painful therapy, been told we were nuts and went to counselors or just get the door slammed in our face when we try to get help.

same for SUI mesh. More women are getting hurt every day.

Here’s our letter in full:

the following individuals:

Facebook: Mesh Awareness Movement

See the Video of Polly Montgomery, her story is our story.

Educational website: meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com (Jane Akre is our spokeswoman who cares and knows alot about mesh, she is not a victim, she is a hero cause without her we would have no place to go to get strength and support from her website for our other mesh victims, our sisters).

mesh-as-high-risk?source=email&

Thanks for your support Mr. Trump! Are you tough enough to do what no one out there has the guts to do for us? Talk about this personal and deadly atrocity to women worldwide.

20. MAMOHIO says:

Here’s the one I had to modify it down to 225 or 250 words. If you go to the Dr. Phil website, go to the section to be on the show. It’s the subject that is so big no one will talk about it, or something like that. It doesn’t matter just as long as we get as many women to write to him with the same story. I already have it made if you want to copy and paste it in the section on his website. Please delete the portions of my situation and tell him about your own problem with mesh. Just remember to keep it under so many words. His website will tell you if you have too many and then you will have to edit. Please tell your story, maybe he will help?

Dr. Phil & Robin,

It saddens me that no one is talking about this story? Please make it a #1 priority for all women everywhere. We need a hero! It has now affected almost 100,000 women worldwide & growing at a very fast rate. It is called TRANSVAGINAL MESH used for SUI/POP. Designed by many Pharma Co. causing women to suffer every day from this product. We want women worldwide to know the dangers because it is still being used. Most of us didn’t know the root cause of our pain until we saw the lawyer ads on tv?! Go to this website by Jane Akre, our spokeswoman, Medical Mesh News Desk or our FB page Mesh Awareness Movement to hear women’s stories all around the world. Listen to Lisa Montgomery’s video, her story is our story. I had this product implanted in 2005 for SUI with no knowledge of its complications. It eroded into my vaginal wall in 2008 & has caused much pain & many problems. It was never designed or tested for removal. So I had a revision surgery & they put another mesh around it! I suffer from depression, stress & pain every day. All due to complications from this mesh, plastic. We want justice, accountability, monies for future surgeries, retribution for their neglect but mostly to be heard! Most of us have no $, no insurance, no jobs, marriages lost, etc. We need help to communicate the risks of this product & put pressure on the FDA/Pharma Co. for level 3 testing so that future generations of women do not go thru this same tragic event.

PLEASE HELP US DR. PHIL,

Mesh Awareness Movement

21. MAMOHIO says:

Jane please delete the first story for Mr. Trump I hit the button too soon, The second one is correct. I will also put them out on our FB page. Thanks!

22. Still Standing says:

This post will undoubtedly make some readers angry, but the type of letters above to Donald Trump and Dr. Phil are an example of why the mesh awareness movement gains little traction. The letters, while passionate, will not bring hoards of supporters to your doors. They are too long, have misspelled words and need editing for punctuation. The biggest issue, however, is that it is signed The Mesh Awareness Movement with no personal name or organizarional contact information. How are they to know whom to contact? And who grants the use of the Mesh Awareness Movement name? Can anyone just write a letter and “sign” it as the organization? How on earth would you keep the message relevant and accurate? How do you come up with the .”fact” that most of us have no money or jobs? How many of the 100,000 mesh women do you have that kind of information about? How do you know that most of us didnt know what was wrong with us until we saw an ad on tv? I find that insulting somewhat, to presume that I would be so unaware of my body that it took a sleazy tv ad to make me realize I had a serious issue with mesh. Exactly how many have died? How many have committed suicide? Those could be compelling if you had actual data, but not at all in general terms. That is why I will restate that you need to carefully think through your communications, have a common action plan, and coordinate how and when you get the right message out. If you say you are representing women with mesh, who exactly gives you that authority? I certainly do not want to be associated with broad general accusations of the government, politicians, doctors, pharmaceutical companies, etc. i will gladly study facts, however, so that I can form an educated opinion of my own. If you want to write a letter to Mr. Trump or the President, you have every right to do that and sign your own name. If you write a letter, however, and sign it as representing all mesh injured women, there needs to be broader collaboration with more stakeholders.

• anonymous says:

dear still standing, i agree with you. Although i believe we should continue to try to contact people to get the story out i did not find out what was wrong with me because of a tv ad. i had severe pain that would not stop. after a year with the implanting doctor i went to another doctor who told me my mesh had eroded and needed to come out. i never paid any attention to tv ads before this. believe now i do. i am afraid to take meds because i dont know down the line what other terrible disabling effects it will have on my body.

The only thing you have to know is this, our government is so very corrupt that it makes my head spin when I read about the things that happen behind our backs moment by moment. If we all really knew what the government was doing we would all just give up. I believe the pharmaceutical companies have the politicians in their pockets and i dont believe any thing can stop or change that. Just listen to the stories that come out every day. The only thing that can help us is the return of Jesus. I pray each day for this. Glen Beck, Ran Paul and many more will tell you the truth about what is happening. The sad thing about this is most of us will never be paid for all we have lost. HEAR ME NOW. I DONT WANT ANYTHING MORE THAN THEM TO PAY ME FOR WHAT I HAVE LOST AND WILL LOSE AND COVER MEDICAL. WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND AND AGREE ON. I NEVER EVER WANTED TO GET RICH OFF OF THIS. THAT WOULD BE SICK AND ANYONE WHO WANTED THAT HAS MORE PROBLEMS THAN MESH. BUT TO BE PAID FOR WHAT WE HAVE LOST WOULD ONLY BE FAIR.

KEEP UP THE FIGHT LADIES. SOME DAY MAYBE SOMEONE WILL LISTEN. BUT REMEMBER WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE AND TOLD NOT TO SPEAK OUT BECAUSE IT MAY HURT OUR CASES. SOMETIMES IF FEEL LIKE I AM IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY. AS FAR AS STOCKHOLDERS THEY DONT CARE AS LONG AS THEY GET THEIR MONEY IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. MONEY HAD BECOME AMERICAS NEW GOD!!!!

• Janis Urban says:

We are bigger then our anger….it is a part of us…..We are not a part of it. It disappoints me that 83,000 mesh injured Women can file claims against 7 manufacturers but can’t all take a stand and say they have had enough. So many of the women who are advocating for Mesh Awareness get very little support. It is Pathetic. Our leg wasn’t broken…it your whole body and you will never be well again, ever. The core of your body has been permanently damaged and very rarely can it be restored. It’s takes years and years of constant medical care to treat all the adverse effects of this mesh. We are physically unable to travel….But why not get all 83,000 signatures on several different statements, Petitions and requests for say a Congressional Hearing an Investigation, Justice Department. there are all kinds of petitions we could sign and you don’t even have to get off your chair to sign this. If your child was being bullied in school you would not stand for that and you would take action. This is your Life. I don’t understand. There could be a Worldwide Petition that would be 100, 000’s more signatures. How hard would that be. We are being ignored by most of the Medical Community because we are a “LIABILITY” and it is WARNING KEEP OUT HANDS OFF TOXIC. Until we take a stand there will be little change in how we are cared for. We are Labeled, Branded you can’t even mention the word MESH when you are asked about your Medical History and most of the time they already know you have a mesh implant or have had one. We remain in this in-between place struggling to hang on knowing that change is necessary but are afraid to do anything about it. WHY?

Janis- Unfortunately, many women have been told by their doctors to lay low and stay quiet. Some women do just that. The truth is however, most will not go to trial, you become a line item to the defendant. I believe speaking out is vital, but I don’t have a lawsuit so my opinion may not be valid. That’s what the power morcellator folks did and that what the Essure folks did. There are so many mesh women and so many divisions, a coherent presence would work wonders in my opinion.

• anonymous says:

Maybe it is time. I am getting nothing any ways and I have AMS. We are being held hostage basically because if we speak out we get nothing. But I’m tired of being treated like some dirty lab rat. You get a petition together and I’ll sign it

23. MAMOHIO says:

Dear Still Standing, I am the one who took the petition that was put together to get signatures and added what I know is the truth because I have read the stories, researched the info that Lana Keeton, Jane Akre and many others have already verified. I have read all my mesh sisters and until you walk in our shoes don’t pass judgement, write a letter for us and we would be happy to edit it for our own stories. I am not an English major nor do I give a crap what is misspelled or the punctuation. Who Cares? I put the pertinent information out there for other women to copy and edit and put in their own personal story. I didn’t wait until I saw the TV ad from lawyers to know I had a problem either. Some women didn’t know because like me my dr that put it in didn’t tell me it had eroded cause he didn’t want to be sued. I tried to sue the pharma co when my new gynecologist found it eroding into my vaginal wall. Yes my husband and I knew something was wrong but didn’t know what. I was going to the gynecologist who put it in and he examined me for 2 yrs never saying a word. When I tried to sue in 2008 after I knew I had been used as a guinea pig and the Phrama co used hernia info to pass this woven fishing line to be put inside a woman in an area that is considered a ” contaminated” area. I could not sue in 2008 because the FDA did not have enough evidence and their was no warning put out so no lawyer would take my case. It was originally put in 2005 and revised and an addl sling put in 2008. No education, no video, no info either time. So I have been very involved and we have tried many avenues to get our stories out but basically no one gives a shit but the women and men affected by mesh. I take it you probably aren’t, if you were then where is your letter? your contacts? and what have you done to get us any justice? I think you should support us since you are “Still Standing”. Most of us are laying cause we are too sick to stand or sit for very long. I know we have lost jobs, marriages, insurance needs, livelihood, etc. The letter was intended for the women to edit and add their own individual story. Everyone has their hands in the Pharma companies pockets and after the lawyers and insurance get their % we will prob end up with nothing but I surely am not going to sit back and wait anymore for someone to be our advocate. If you read the bottom of the letters, they included our websites and contact information. Maybe you need to read the whole thing before you pass judgment and then put together a correctly spelled, punctuated letter that helps our cause I’m sure that will make a whole lot of difference. Let us know when you gather your research and read the trial info. Educate yourself and then maybe you will see that doing something is better than doing nothing but being critical about grammar. That’s the last thing we care about. Get your priorities straight before you attack me for trying to do something .Yes you def made me angry, instead why don’t you make a difference. Maybe you should get out your spelling book cause I see nothing that has any misspelled words.

• anonymous says:

Still standing is a severely severely hurt mesh victim and like we all do have bad days and maybe said something you didn’t like but she is not standing at all she lays in bed suffering most days so please don’t assume that she’s not a victim she’s as frustrated as the rest of us as to what to do because no one does freaking listen no one cares ladies let everyone remember let’s not lash out at each other let’s not assume anything but yes I wish our story could get out but it never will we will all never get the justice or the publicity that we deserve

24. Mamohio says:

If so and I am sorry if that is true. But to try and discourage us should not be a.comment like the one still standing posted. If still standing has so much experience then like the othersnwe would be happy to cut and paste her reaching out to all her connections and support her. I would thank her for trying not criticize English. No one cares about that let only our requests to many people to he us It has fallen on deaf ears. I just took the petition that has been going around (I did not create) and just add the top few sentences of my own personal story. I was trying to save other women time of recreating the wheel and then edit for themselves. The same for Dr. PHIL. I got more praise and thank you from the facebook groups saying it was well written. They edit for their stories and keep sending the same letter daily to Trump and Dr. PHIL. They can also use to send to their govt officials. God Bless you still standing but if you know so much,. You should be our advocate. We will gladly support. After reading the #14 comments by still standing and Bejahs remarks sounds like you both know how it should be done and how to write a proper letter to get it to the proper channels. Please put your 2 heads together and write a letter supporting all of us. We would be happy to sign it and add our own personal stories. We could use it to send to our gov. officials. Happily waiting to see your letter so I cam step beside you in support not step on you.