Huffington Post and Steven Brill on “America’s Most Admired Law Breaker” J&J

j&J  brill on husffington post chapter oneMND September 17,2015 ~ Huffington Post has collaborated with attorney and  reporter Steven Brill to produce a 15-chapter expose on Johnson & Johnson.   J&J is frequently in the pages of Mesh News Desk as one of the major mesh manufacturers which promises to be the last to settle its outstanding pelvic mesh injury cases.   Here Brill digs into the drug Risperdal, given to children with behavioral problems even though the FDA told the company NOT to market it to children.  (Check out the Legos campaign marketing to kids).

Here Brill outlines how the muscle of the healthcare giant plowed through the restrictions on any use of its drugs to bring it to blockbuster status. The series is entitled “America’s Most Admired Law Breaker.

Here is an opening page.  Enjoy!

1. mary babb says:

It seems J&J is a company of pure evil its all about money human life means nothing to them shame on them.

2. tammy says:

My life is ruined at this point i do mot understand why i cant file assult charges on this mesh mess my god how i keep seeeing an hearing all the lies it just ant stop they should be in jail im a woman a mother an live in this world this is so sad but im praying god is good.

3. Josie says:

Everybody should ban their products is ridiculous I wonder if any of their relatives have these complications and it said that they won’t do anything about it it has ruined my life I don’t wish this on my worst enemy there’s gotta be somebody in the Johnson and Johnson family friends that is going through the same thing we are and I can’t believe they’re blind to it and want to be the last ones to settle how disgusting is that

4. anna says:

They are stalling but, its even sader that our justice system allows them to continue delaying trials knowing this women have been hurt by their products. Why the constant new confrences, nothing is being settle its all talk. It take a good judge to put them in their place.

• Bejah Blue says:

Anna, I don’t think it depends on the judge any longer. I think that this country cares only about two things:

(1) The economic engine of its economy

(2) Defense and a strong military

(3) Feeding its increasing paranoia by gaining ever greater controls of its people through increasingly expansive rights of “Homeland Security” to engage in surveillance of its own people and making it increasingly difficult for people in pain to have access to medication to address that pain and in the process creating fear and paranoia in the physicians who dispense those pain medications.

Bejah

5. tammy says:

Im with ams an they want settle either after i was told three years ago they were ready to settle all there cases has not happen im going to fire my laywer in the morning i would like them to be looked into for all the lies i have got from that firm it just not right so im going to try to fight for my self but im sure the goverment has alot to do with all of this they do not care about us it was just away to make money ive lost evert thing my home my car an all of my things an the lies just keep coming in so firei’g the lieers might help me there do mot know maybe i will find out .

6. tammy says:

Im sure this is bigger than we know they are not going to do much for us i really get it now but my thoughts are why an how did they get away with all the lies tilling next week next month the end of year in october this has been going on for three years for me the lies mind games they all should have something done to them it is just so sad what ive been put threw an no help in sight im ready to foght so if there is anyone out there that has been done this way please let me know i feel like a blinde sheep being led some body please help no one should have live like this

7. Still Standing says:

Tammy. Think very carefully about firing your attorney. You absolutely can do that but look at your original contract,with them. Most have clauses that you will have to pay their current costs of representing you over time, sometimes with interest,_although It appears that they have not done a good job managing your case. They more than likely have that spelled out. So , you will have them attach a lein to your eventual settlement or they may request that you pay them before releasing your records. You also should hire your new attorney before firing the one you have now. It may be hard to find one.who will take over your case but please do some investigating first. I would look at the names of the lead attorneys for plaintiffs in the MDL and contact one of them. You can find that info on the MDL website. Good luck, Tammy. Ill be thinking of you. Do you have any urgent “now” needs that someone could help you meet? It sounds that you feel overwhelmed, and rightly so.

8. tammy says:

Thank you this is all just hell i do not know what too do any more i just cant stand the lieing anymore i truely have lost every thing im beging now wemon are really being treated so bad these days very sad i do not have the money to the good doctors an thats the way it is my firm has one but he does not know anything about nerve damage i have always had that from the minute it was put in me really why is that just now coming out this os all so crazy some one needs to help us an stop lying please

• Bejah Blue says:

Dear People, Can we set up a fund for Tammy, what is that “GO FUND ME” so she can have a little place to live, a sofa, a comfy bed, a door that she can close and feel safe. Tammy elsewhere I mentioned going to the local county housing authority as they seem to have many options for housing that probably could help you a lot. You can go to the weekly grocery distributions at community centers and some churches do this as well. Also the disabled and the elderly (Anyone over 50 per AARP) can get free bus passes and even sometimes coupon books for local farmers markets. Try these things and let us know what happens. Take care, remember GOD is in your heart and you must care for HIM too.

Bejah

9. Josie says:

I’m sure we will probably die before I will see a dime from Johnson and Johnson it’s disgusting how Congress can’t force them to compensate us for suffering they will just keep appealing and appealing may God have mercy on them I wonder if people in their family are going to the same issues I’m sure somebody is they should do a show where are swimming can go on TV to expose them even more I can’t believe some people still don’t know what I’m talking about when I tell them I’m having problems with vaginal mesh and complications let’s educate the people through TV

• Bejah Blue says:

It’s true Josie, I finally made an appointment with a gynecologist after not seeing one for several years (opting for Urologists instead due to my complications) and the women in the office had no idea what I was talking about…shocking. That is why it is so important that we all engage in word of mouth. I don’t care if they think I am crazy or they do not care, I keep talking until they do care. This is an example of something we can all do.

I just had an idea…purple armbands (more visible than wristbands but either would be good and not too costly). Comments? Thoughts, ideas….hello out there.

Bejah