Happy Birthday Mesh News Desk!

birthday cakeIt’s hard to believe when you are having so much (fun? is that the right word?)  but Mesh News Desk  aka Mesh Medical Device News Desk officially turns three this month, which also happens to be the month of your editor’s birthday.  In that time 500 pages of copy have been turned out which is available through search bar query.

See the About Us page to see how we work.

That is the good news. A lot has changed during that time and a lot has stayed the same.

In three years the FDA has held public hearings on pelvic mesh and put out an excellent White Paper alerting everyone to the potential for harm.  The first Petition by the FDA to reclassify mesh for POP (pelvic organ prolapse)  just closed and within months, it is likely POP mesh will be reclassified to class 3. That is a death knell for POP mesh.  No company will spend the million to have it tested only knowing that it cannot possibly pass clinical trials. The dangers are too apparent.

Thanks should go out to Corporate Action Network which has partnered with MND to rev up these campaigns. They are savvy online campaigners who lent us their expertise for no charge. Thank YOU!

Things staying the same?  The bulk of the medical establishment continues as it always had with  its “gold standard” rhetoric which is another way of saying “bread and butter” for their practice. When medicine is for profit, we see patients of secondary concern, among some docs at least.

Now for some thoughtful comments. Increasingly this site has become about YOU.  I’ve asked for and received lots of articles written by an amazing group of mesh-injured folks and other professionals who see the light and want to speak truth to power. Frankly, I’d like to continue that trend of contributions and turn over the pages to everyone who would like to contribute. Talk to me.

Trial coverage- should it continue?

We are at a crossroads.  If there is any value in trial coverage, readers or their law firms may want to help write off the costs of coverage.  Travel and accommodations, even modest, are costly.   I’ve used my own mile and credit cards, but that is not sustainable.

Expect to see some paywalls go up for businesses as well as an offer to provide exclusive coverage to any entity that would like to be associated with Mesh News Desk.  A surefire way to up your profile and credibility. As an alternative, copy on the court proceedings can be provided in a newsfeed to be repackaged for your website.

Of course those of you who can, submissions through PayPal on page one of the site are most appreciated.  If a cellphone and cable is of value, isn’t Mesh News Desk?

My co-editors think so!At least one person is listening

Note* Morcellator Injuries and Hernia Mesh Injuries are new pages added to Mesh News Desk and I’m hoping to attract more advertisers that way.

There is a lot left to do – stories that NEED to be told as well as investigations that need to see the light of day, more trials to be covered and of course, your Patient Profiles that are needed to Put a Face on Adverse Events.

Stay well everyone. I’d love to hear your thoughts.   Let’s carry on shall we?

~ Jane Akre, Editor

Mesh News Desk

janeakre@meshnewsdesk.com

1. top_bard says:

Happy 3rd Birthday Mesh Medical Device Newsdesk. Your still just a baby but so grown up. Thanks and happy birthday to your Mom Jane, awesome is all I can say. Keep on trucking we will prevail. Everyone can relate to Mash series globally so think on for one Hawkeye there are too many Frank Burns we are heading in the right direction to redress that situation many happy returns

2. stopmeshimplants says:

First, let me wish you a very Happy Birthday, Jane! Next I want to tell you how grateful I am that you have been writing about this devastating topic for the past three years. I have benefitted from your coverage and continue to read everything posted every single day. I have no idea where I would have gone for the information provided on this site and what I would have done to get my answers. This is like the glass empty or glass full kind of experience. We can say we a lot has been accomplished and yet we all know this is far from over. I just know that every single man or woman harmed by mesh will be better informed after viewing this site. Thank you, Jane.

3. Aaron Leigh says:

Happy Birthday Jane and MND! If not for you, I could never have learned the amazing amount of information about mesh injury, medicine and law that I have. Jane, you have been so fundamental to this community. Thank you so much, and thank you for staying with it through all of the rough patches. God bless you Jane!

4. terri white says:

I was deathly sick for 14 months before I found out what was killing me. If this web sight had been available during that time. I may have been able to know faster or avoid it altogether. This horrid thing called mesh. I shutter to think of the women that may have died not knowing what was happening to them. Mind you now my rotted mesh was only found ,because I had an old caring surgeon,who gave a damn. So thank-you, thank-you JANE for you truly are a God send. Oh and Happy Birthday !!

5. Mary pat says:

Dear Jane, Happy Birthday to you and to MND. I doubt if you will ever see how far reaching your research and contributions have been to the entire world! In three short years you have accomplished so much! You have revealed truth and information that has been lifesaving to say the least. You have been a lighthouse guiding drowning and hopeless mesh injured people to a place where they get validation, truth, direction and hope. No one could possibly find words to thank you for all that you have done. The best gratitude we can express is our continued support of your tireless work. Hey everyone reading this, let’s bless Jane with a monetary birthday gift to encourage her and her most excellent work!

6. Sandy says:

Happy Birthday Jane. I am just waiting to hear back one more time from my doctor and will be getting back to you. You have helped more than you ever know. One question however, is there a site to fine out if my doctor ever recieved kick backs from AMS or not, or ever consulted for them. I really need to know. Again you are an angel to many many women sweetheart. God bless you!