Court Schedule for Bellwether Trials Posted in Upcoming Transvaginal Mesh Cases

Jurors in Cisson trial

Jurors in Cisson trial

The federal court in Charleston, West Virginia, that has more than 33,000 defective product claims consolidated in something called Multidistrict Litigation (MDL), now has a new section on the website for each MDL bellwether trial.

Each of six transvaginal mesh manufacturers will face off with plaintiffs in four jury trials intended to test legal theories and determine the future of these product liability cases.  A loss for the defendant mesh manufacturer might signal it’s time to offer a settlement rather than continue to lose in front of a jury. Often that becomes simply a result of a cost vs benefit formula, derived by accountants.

Judge Joseph R. Goodwin

Judge Joseph R. Goodwin

The  Honorable Judge Joseph R. Goodwin is overseeing all of the transvaginal mesh cases filed in his court.

Four manufacturers  have posted a schedule for bellwether cases – Ethicon, Boston Scientific, C.R. Bard and American Medical Systems. The two smaller manufacturers, Cook Medical and Coloplast have not set bellwether trial dates.

Here is the website:

aaabard logoThe next case is November 8 at 8:30 a.m. the fourth of four cases against C.R. Bard. The first (Cisson) ended with a $2 million verdict for Mrs. Cisson. See background story here.

The second case (Queen) settled for an undisclosed amount.  Background story here. The third case (Rizzo) was dropped by the plaintiff allegedly because of problems with an expert witness.   The Jones case set for November 8 will be the last bellwether naming C.R. Bard.j & j logo   200

In June 2012, Christine Scott won her lawsuit filed in California state court naming the Bard Avaulta mesh. She and her husband were awarded $5.5 million. That case is on appeal.

The next trial date is Ethicon (Johnson & Johnson) on February 10, 2014, with the second trial scheduled for June 23, 2014. Last February, plaintiff Linda Gross was awarded $11.1 million in her trial naming Ethicon and its Prolift mesh. That case is on appeal.

Boston Scientific logoBoston Scientific has two bellwether’s scheduled, March 10 and July 14, 2014.

AMS logoAMS, American Medical Systems has April 7 and May 5th as the date for the two bellwethers scheduled so far. Last June, Endo Health Solutions settled an undisclosed number of  AMS cases for $55 million. Background story here.

So far the defendant mesh manufacturers have not won a single case before a jury whether in state or federal court.

There are 33,730 product liability and failure-to-warn lawsuits consolidated in this federal court.  Elsewhere, thousands of individual cases have been filed in state court around the country.

Additionally, mesh manufacturers are facing litigation in Canada, and the UK.

The Court informs  Mesh News Desk (MND) there is no judicial order appointing a settlement committee on the website, despite a well-circulated story from Bloomberg that settlement talks are underway.

Transvaginal mesh is a polypropylene-based product implanted in a woman’s pelvic region to shore up sagging pelvic organs.

In July 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a warning that the risks of transvaginal mesh may exceed the benefits. Mesh is still used in women to treat pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI) in the U.S. and around the world.

Learn More:

So. District of West Virginia Court Here

Bloomberg, Bard, Mesh Makers Said to be in Settlement Talks, September 30, 2013

FDA Safety Communication: UPDATE on Serious Complications Associated with Transvaginal Placement of Surgical Mesh for Pelvic Organ Prolapse, July 13, 2011

1. jade says:

This process is unending! My implant surgeon wanted to be paid within 30-days of the surgery. Then he charged me for a “revision” surgery which did nothing! I spoke with Dr. Mark Conway in New Hampshire AFTERI had the revision and Dr. Conway told me my implanting surgeon obviously was aware that just nipping the mesh arms was not going to solve my problem. So, I went through an totally – UNnecessary procedure by the implanting surgeon which he most likely KNEW would not work. And, he wanted more money, which I paid, for that revision which DID NOT work! When I called his billing office to complain about ANOTHER charge for the revision surgery that was necessary because of his ORIGINAL surgery – she said “Are you saying he (the implanting surgeon) made a mistake?” I replied “You said that. I did not.” This is a nightmare – a TOTAL nightmare – who needs the Twilight series! My POINT is: If the implanting surgeon was paid in a timely manner even though he did bodily harm to all of us with these UNyielding medical devices – WHY are we (women) being put through such humiliation AGAIN by having to tell our intimate stories so we can at least be compensated for our medical expenses – not to mention the loss of our life as we knew it. I read one victim’s story from England – and, I quote, she said “When I do leave this World – there will be two dates carved into my tombstone – the date of my actual physical death and the date of my implant surgery, when I lost my life as I knew it.”

• Ginger says:

Jade I have not seen Dr Conway yet my revision was done by Dr Whiteside in Lebanon NH he has since moved to Ohio … It is hard to find a competent Dr who can do this surgery so much is at stake and a very delicate area… My first Dr who implanted told me it was all in my head meaning the erosion and not to believe what you hear on the internet…

2. Teresa says:

My implant surgeon TOTALLY turned

his back on me and told me that no matter

What he would not do another surgery on me!

I went for several years in pain, bleeding, infections,

& unable to have intimacy with my husband. By

The time a doctor did do surgery to remove, the damage is

Horrible!!

3. Linda Ammons says:

I think I am so confused by all of this. What do the Bellwether cases mean to me and my case. How do they pick those cases? Are they going to set precedence? I really don’t understand. Can someone please explain all of this? I ask my attorney, who I hired in 2008, before everything went public. Or at least as far as I knew. I only knew I was having a hard time with the implant and the repair surgeries. I was in pain and bleeding and unable to have sex with my husband. I had no idea this would become this big. So if anyone can tell me what these cases mean to the rest of us waiting to see what happens, I would appreciate it. Also, I have multiple products implanted from the original and the repairs, in case that makes a difference. Thank you ahead of time. Linda

• Bejah Notrettu says:

Linda, Forgive me if I sould critical of your attorney but what has your attorney done to help you since 2008? I ask you to ask yourself, not tell me but is this person helping you? If they have done nothing and you should be given copies of documents related to your case, then they should give you in writing a statement of what they have done and what they plan to do. I believe it is your right to release your attorney from a representation agreement if they have done nothing, or not fulfilled the agreement as stated. You also want to be sure this is not someone who would seek a pay off from the defendant under the table. Be very careful who you trust. If you Google “Bellwether trials” you will learn what they are or check WIKIPEDIA or a law school site. I think Jane has a decent summary on this site also. If there are tens of thousands of cases they need to be organized somehow in order to handle the volume and so that the court can get a sense of how jury response will play out so I think that is at least part of the purpose they serve. I do not think they are a bad thing but it may depend on the Devil and its details! Make sure you keep all original records safe and sound and organized. Never give anyone an original doc. Not even your attorney. Be organized and stay informed and up to date. Educate yourself because you may get different answers from different sources. Sorry to hear of your complications. God knows you are not alone if that is any comfort. I wish there were a support group in my community that I could go to once a week or two to talk through things….I do not understand why we are all so isolated. I am sure the defendants love that.

• g guest says:

what the courts need to know how some attorney’s are lying to clients women, not answering their calls and provoking women to more anger. THEY ARE COVERING UP FOR THE CHEMICAL COMPANIES IN SOME OF THE CASES NOT ALL , WHY? tHEY KNEW WHEN THEY ADVERTISED ON TV THAT ALL THEY WANTED WAS INFO. FROM THESE WOMEN TO TURN ON THEM AND DO EVIL AS THE COMPANIES , DOCTORS AND NURSES, FDA AND MORE.

yES THE WOMEN LIKE ME THAT GOT LETTERS SAYING THEIR CASES WERE DROPPED,, AFTER STATUE OF LIMITATIONS THEY CANNOT FILE ANOTHER SUIT, OR GIVEN CHOICE TO GO TO ATTORNEY’S ONLY , i SAID ONLY IN THAT STATE OF ATTORNEYS AND WE KNOW HOW COLLEAGUES OF EVIL COVER FOR EACH OTHER IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , the chemical companies do not have to pay for damages to some women, and any judge that would not see through what even attorney’s in cases lying to clients not answering phones , except to tell them they are dropping them because their clients do not trust them.

would you trust even news media that won’t tell how some women, not all are being treated that reached out to other women on internet , even trying to find their case because sorry lying attorneys go in favor like snakes to cover for chemical companies in their state that gave money to politicians and lobbied to make humans to be used as guinea pigs in america for greed? lying don’t act like an angel and lie like the devil to people, then you can be trusted.

4. g guest says:

Get to the ugly truth and roots of what those in power covered for these to make billions and billions off of women , lying doctors and nurses and fda. THE SARCASTIC REMARKS THEY GAVE TO WOMEN WANTING ANSWERS.AND THOSE BOUGHT OFF. the cruelty of some people that said to me, everyone has to die, I responded I AM NOT DYING FROM NATURAL DEATH, OR AN ACCIDENT, My life was destroyed by those greedy people in politics and attorneys and I know some judges , doctors and nurses, so evil , suffering from what people that were suppose to be trust worthy, that lied , it is called legalized murder of those in power that can cover up the truth for those of their colleagues and more that bend and bow suck up kiss ass , and truth and justice will not come to some because of these. THEY WILL NOT GO AFTER ALL OF THOSE GUILTY THAT LIED AND COVERED FOR THOSE EVIL GREEDY , RICH EVEN THE STATES WANT TO TAKE MONEY FROM THOSE WOMEN LIED TO, THAT MEDICARE AND STATE INS PAID SORRY LOW LIFE LYING DOCTORS AND NURSES, THAT SMILE AND LIE LIKE THE DEVILS THEY ARE, TELL THE TRUTH OF THE ROOTS OF THOSE GO AFTER THE GUILTY , NOT THE WOMEN LIED TO THAT THE MIRACLE MESH DESTROYED THEIR LIVES NOT KNOWING ONE DAY TO ANOTHER WHAT THEY WILL SUFFER, SINCE THE MESH WENT INTO OTHER PARTS OF THE BODY, this did not start yesterday look at the years that those in power and media tried to stop the truth from getting out to warn people, the courts so evilly gaged women to tell them they cannot reach out for info and express the anger and rage of lies and damage they have to deal with the rest of their life.

5. g guest says:

believe me linda, and I have a hard time smiling like some of you, I am more than damn angry, out raged as 1 doctor said he would not see me because I said the word shit to his nurse, when I told her my bowels went out of control and I was shitting in my britches because the mesh has gone into back part in buttocks , she said I was being vulgar. I said here we go again. I said woman I was not being vulgar with you at all, I used plained english straight to the point of telling you why I could not get to pharmacy to get my anti biotic, damned if we do and damned if we don’t for some of us.

6. Betty says:

Yes. This is horrible, I too have been lied to, told that I was not in pain, saw many Dr.’s in denial. I watched the history channel the other day with my husband about the tabacco industry. Eventually they lost, but they were able to keep the information from getting out for 3 decades. I commented “This is mesh”. The ability to cover-up the truth for 3 decades seems impossible during the internet age. But as we are seeing – it is not! The love of money being the root of all evil, we are just dealing with evil. We have been attacked in our most private areas, that denigrate us as women (and men). Some good Dr.’s are even buying into this product as being good. They are not on Jane’s site, nor do they want to be. Ignorance is bliss. It’s nice to tell yourself you’re helping women to feel better about themselves because incontinence and prolapse are just unacceptable. We become a social stigma. Who says??? Well, we do, we bought into it also. We were lied to and sold a bill of goods. It is fraud. Causing death, maiming and misery. I still do not understand how criminal charges are not pending. Bard was actually shown to use materials “that were not suitable for human implant use”. It seems that in our government and those in authority that no one even blinked an eye. It is about to get worse. It is hard to trust a Dr. I double check everything I’m told. I have a long list of specialists, most who are told by myself what I need and how to give it to me. My friends are amazed that I direct the Dr. in what to do. If you get to this point, you have to. We need to be our own patient advocates. We need to know the facts. I have learned anatomy and have a lot more to learn, however in some cases my knowledge surpasses the specialists I am seeing. They look in shock at me, and I’ve been asked many times if I’m in the medical field. I have not, nor do I intend to be in the medical field. I am just a desperate person trying unceasingly to get the help I need. I don’t like being held down and I hate being in pain. Necessity is the mother of invention. I find it necessary to learn whatever I can to get through this and come out on the other side. I pray for all those injured and I hope you have an advocate like Aaron to help you through. I don’t know how some of you are making it!!! This is the hardest trial I’ve ever been faced with. Do not give up.

7. g guest says:

I THOUGHT THE ATTORNEY’S WERE SUPPOSE TO INVESTIGATE THE DAMN CHEMICAL COMPANIES , MY LETTER BEING DROPPED SAID WE HAVE YOU ON CAMERA, WOW , BUT HE DIDN’T SAY WHAT HE HAD ME ON CAMERA DOING! JANE TAKE A BITE OF THIS ONE PLEASE.

i have not had any one to do any work for me, and pay people, I have got weak since the last doctor lied and butchered me in nashville and the lies go deeper. I have not had a husband boy friend and have had to pay some for work I could no longer do. maybe he should have put camera’s in my home too. I have a strong voice and I know my strengths and weaknes, the work I have done, most women would not do. I have weak hands but strong muscle in arms thank god I did the work I did when I was younger, but even after raking and picking up brush to burn, he should have seen me at night the pain from lifting and the mesh feeling like it is coming out of my buttocks , that lifting took me off of my feet for days until I got strength , enough and the mesh was not causing as much pain to do work that I was strong enough to do and had to do as a single woman without husband or boy friend. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE WITTNESSED SORRY LOW LIFE ATTORNEY’S LIE THESE ATTORNEYS THAT SET OUT TO TAKE SOME OF THE QWOMEN OUT GATHERED INFO OF THEIR PAINS. HOW MANY OF YOU WOMEN WERE ASKED TO HAND DELIVER A LETTER TO YOUR DOCTOR? AND WHEN THE NURSE READ THE LETTER YOU GOT THE BACK LASH FOR DOING THE JOB THAT NO ATTORNEY WOULD HAVE ASKED THEIR CLIENT TO DO THEIR WORK, THAT DOCTOR LIED AND BUTCHERED ME . THESE SORRY ATTORNEYS ARE ONLY TAKING INFO FROM SOME WOMEN DAMAGED THAT MESH HAS GONE TO LONG AND THEY KNOW IT, TO STAB THEM IN THE BACK, AND THEY WANT WOMEN TO TRUST THEM???????? WOULD YOU? THESE JUDGES IF THEY ARE NOT EVIL AND CORRUPT WOULD LIFT THAT GAG, AND EVEN ORDER INVESTIGATIONS AND MAKE CHEMICAL COMPANIES , AND DOCTORS AND NURSES AND ATTORNEY’S MAKE AVAILABLE FUNDS IMMEDIATELY VEFORE THE MESH MOVES ANY MORE IN WOMEN , SURELY THERE ARE DOCTORS AND NURSES, THAT TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THEY WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED , NO LIES, TRUTH ONLY.

SO THEY TAKE CAMERA PICTURES OF ME THAT FOR DAYS DOING WHAT i HAD NO PROBLEM DOING EVEN 3 YEARS AGO THAT LAST BUTCHERING TOOK ME DOWN, WHAT DO PEOPLE EXPEWCT THE WOMEN TO DO , GO TO BED AND LAY AND DIE? MAYBE RIGHT NOW , AN EXAM THAT ANYONE CAN SEE, THE SCARS AND WHAT i HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS, NO WOMAN’S STORY IS THE SAME FOR SURE THIS ONE IS MINE AND JUST THE TIP OF HELL i was put through by evil lying people. those that said trust me with smiles.

8. g guest says:

I TOLD THAT ATTORNEY i WOULD RATHER DIE THAN TO GO INTO ANOTHER DOCTORS OFFICE AND LIED TO AND TREATED WORSE THAN AN ANIMAL. i HAVE INFECTION , AND IF IS VERY APPARENT BUT TO GO IN AND A DOCTOR NOT TALK TO ME ABOUT ANYTHING AND LIE. i just cannot, how can they show any mercy these that I HAVE SEEN THEY DO NOT HAVE A HEART OR CONSCIOUS. TO EVEN KNOW HOW EVIL THEY WERE SO GREEDY TO BUT OFF PEOPLE IN POWER AND SAY YOU ARE CRAZY, YOU HAVE NO MESH PROTRUDING OUT IT TOOK WAY OVER A YEAR TO GET A DOCTOR TO SAY IT, i HAVE THAT REPORT AND WHEN SHE TOLD ME THE TRUTH HER COLLEAGUES AT CLINIC PUT RED FLAGS UP ON ME SO SHE COULD NOT SEE ME AGAIN. WHEN i CALLED TO SEE HER TO GET ANTI BIOTIC AND TO HELP WITH INFECTIONS AND PAIN, i WAS TOLD SHE COULD NOT SEE ME THAT HER COLLEAGUES PUT A RED FLAG ON ME. THAT IS THE MOST EVIL MEDICAL COULD EVER DO TO PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPOSE TO SAVE LIVES, i NEVER HAD ANYTHING BUT RESPECT FOR FOR TALKING TO ME AND TELLING ME WHAT SHE FOUND. BUT HER COLLEAGUES SO EVIL SAID NO. DO NOT TELL THE TRUTH TO THE WOMEN WITH MESH , LIKE CONS IN PRISON THEY ALL HAVE EACH OTHER’S BACK COVERED IN LIES./ IT EVEN GET MORE UGLY THE DEEPER YOU GET TO THE ROOYTS OF THOSE BOUGHT OFF , INVOLVED FIND OUT WHAT POLITICIANS AND MORE THEY GAVE MONEY FOR THEIR CAMPAIGNS, FOR COVER UP. THIS IS NO PART OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE AT ALL, BUT LEGALIZED MURDER THAT MEDIA COVERS UP, .

9. Cindy says:

I am sorry but G guest you have to calm down and your negative vibes dont help you or anyone else that reads on here. Its ok to put your story out there and what has happened but its also ok to put some positive hopeful thoughts out there as well. We all have had doors shut in our faces and Drs eyes rolling as we speak and its frustrating when you dont feel anyone believes you, I get it, we all get it, lets keep reading success stories and this will help us find the medical professionals that do want to help and that are helping..

10. Cindy says:

SOMETIMES THE STRONGEST AMONG US

ARE THE ONES WHO,

SMILE THROUGH SILENT PAIN,

CRY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS,

AND FIGHT BATTLES NOBODY

KNOWS ABOUT.

-Unknown Author-

• g guest says:

cindy, tell me your story of how doctors and nurses lied and treated you cruel and would not discuss with you in mesh, after surgery. HOW YOUR ATTONEY LIED TO YOU GOT INFOMATION OF ALL HELL YOU WENT THROUGH AND THEN SAID LIKE DOCTORS , , YOU ARE CRAZY AND YOU DON’T TRUST ME. AND THEY DROPPED YOUR CASE , because I like so many women were not getting information they should have gotten years ago. HOW SOME ATTORNEYS ARE DROPPING CASES , TO WHERE MESH COMPANIES AND THOSE BRIBED , DOCTORS AND NURSES, POLITICIANS DON’T LOSE MONEY BRIBES THEY TOOK. WHEN IS THE NEWS MEDIA GOING TO EXPOSE THIS? ATTORNEYS KNOWINGLY TAKEN CASES , AND DROPPING THOSE LIKE ME THEY LIED TO, AND WOULD NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS.

tHIS NEEDS TO BE EXPOSED, OF ALL THE CORRUPTION AND WOMEN LIED TO NOT JUST BY DOCTORS AND NURSES , AND NEVER BEING TOLD WHY THE MESH IS STILL STICKING OUT AND GONE INTO OTHER PARTS, NO FUNDS TO GET TO THOSE DOCTORS THAT WILL NOT LIE TO THEM AND TREAT THEM LIKE HUMANS AGAIN.

CALM DOWN????? SOME WOMEN HAVE NOT ONLY GONE THROUGH PURE HELL FOR YEARS AND LIED TO, BUT NOW ATTORNEYS KNOWINGLY THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DROP SOME AND NOT DEFEND SOME TO GET PAID OFF, AND CHEMICAL COMPANIES AND THOSE GUILTY GET OFF FROM PAYING AND CRINAL CHARGES BROUGHT AGAINST THOSE SO EVIL THAT LIED AND EVEN POLITICIANS AND MEDIA COVER IT UP,

ANY JUDGE THAT DOES NOT SEE THE CRIMES NOT JUST COMPENSATION OF THOSE DOCTORS AND NURSES THAT LIED ,THAT DRAINED INS. OF MEDICARE AND STATE INS AND MORE AND GO AFTER THE FDA FOR ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN, AND NOT SEND OUT A STERN WARNING ABOUT THE MESH AND DAMAGE NEED TO BE HUNG. AND KNOWN AS CORRUPT AS THE CHEMICAL COMPANIES , FDA, DOCTORS, NURSES AND ATTORNEYS THAT HAVE LIED AND PAID OFF FOR YEARS TO KEEP IT QUITE.

i know what those evil in power that abuse their power and authority can do to those not guilty. live it and then tell me to calm down, I have face book and I have told on face book , the hell I was put through, by these same people in power in rural area of tennessee, and what price you pay when they get those to do their dirty work to you when you do not bow to their evil corruption. I cussed out some today that are still in office here that should have went to prison with the judge, that abused his power, and distorted truth and lies as news would not expose the truth, in book power to hurt. trurth needs to be told, what peoplel in power paid off and do favors to cover up, even doctors and nurses that do their dirty work for those in power , to someone not guilty. live it and then tell me to calm down, wear my shoes for awhile.

11. jade says:

Jane – Are you able to provide any details on upcoming trial?

Carol Lynn Fawcett et al. v. Boston Scientific Corporation, case number 2:12-cv-07497

Thank you.

12. g guest says:

also cindy SILENCE , ONLY ALLOWS TIME FOR MORE TO BE DAMAGED AND LIED TO AND HURT, SORRY i CAN NOT DO THAT, NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY IS INVOLVED , IT IS NOT WORTH PEOPLE SUFFERING, TO TELL THE TRUTH THAT THOSE AND MEDIA WILL NOT EXPOSE. HOW CAN YOU SAY BE SILENT , KNOWING IF YOU DON’T TELL, THE TRUTH, OTHERS WILL BE DAMAGED AND HURT FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES, SORRY BUT i AM 1 THAT CANNOT KEEP SILENT TO LIES COVERED UP. THAT THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE ALLOWED A BLARE NEWS TO WARN PEOPLE THE FDA AND MORE WERE COVERING UP, LOBBIST PAID OFF POLITICIANS ATTORNEYS ORGANIZATIONS AND MORE.

money is evil when you refuse to speak out and warn others, I am thankful for the web sites that women started , I though , I was in this alone, , that I had already lived through many times and those in power courts and more lied and covered truth up. a very long story , that would take months to tell. god doesn’t do this to people those evil with no conscious , greedy liars for power and money, like politicians that do not listen to we the people, they listen to the rich that give money, to cover their lies they tell people/ god help us. this is crimes that those need to be charged with all of them involved and exposed before it goes any further .

13. g guest says:

they showed no mercy to me, I have none for them.

14. Darcey says:

I am only using my doctors covered by my insurance to treat my pain and get diagnostic test. I have found a doctor that is experienced and treating the women doing the reversal, I would not let any of the local doctors attempt to do any of my pelvic floor surgery. I had a urologist suggest that maybe I should go to a orthopedic doctor

I though, WOW sure am glad I have better sense than that.

Darcey- Please let us know the name of any doctors who are fully capable of doing a mesh explant. There are so few around the country that women would like to know. thanks you!~ ja

• Jennifer N. says:

I just had a complete removal surgery by the wonderful John Miles in Atlanta. This was my second revision. I had the first last year, not even five months apart. The first surgeon took out less than 5 cm total and Miklos took out nearly 40cm. I am extremely early in my recovery and it has been rough. The pain seems like most of it is regular postoperative pain. I lose my job because of mesh. Lost my life as I knew it. Please have Miklos remove. He is the only one extremely experienced in total removal via lap. He has wonderful bedside manner.

• guset says:

Darcy, I cannot go to doctor’s in this state at all, when you go to local doctors and nurses, they cover for those doctors in this area and lie more, it is so hard to find a doctor that stands on his own merit of doing his job and not lie and cover for others. HAVE YOU EVER HAD TO BEG FOR AN ANTI BIOTIC FIGHTING INFECTIONS WITH MESH? i HAVE. I have gone from one doctor to another in this state local, big cities and more lies. I begged during time of infections, with needing an anti biotic, it helps for a short time, he said no, you do not have a infection, I said will you a least give me a cream that might help again he said no, I TOLD HIM i WOULD NEVER CALL HIM A DOCTOR, NOT EVEN A MAN THAT SAYS HE CANNOT HELP A WOMAN IN SUFFERING , i DID NOT ASK FOR PAIN MEDICATIONS AT ALL AND DO NOT TAKE , ONLY WHAT I NEED, 2 DAYS LATER HIS NURSE CALLED AND SAID YOU HAVE GET TO A PHARMACY , AND GET THIS ANTI BIOTIC SOON, THE INFECTION IS NOT GOOD AT ALL. i said I told you, I AM NOT A LIAR, AND ONLY ASK FOR WHAT i NEED IN PAIN AND SUFFERING.

THIS HAS GONE ON FOR YEARS NOW, i do not have a doctor, I CANNOT TAKE BEING LIED TO AND TREATED LIKE AN ANIMAL AND LATER READING RECORDS WHERE THEY LIED AT WHAT TRULY HAPPENED.

READ:INFLUENCE EXPLORER WEB SITE OF ALL OF THE MILLIONS THAT THESE COMPANIES GAVE POLITICIANS AND MORE IN FUNDING CAMPAIGNS, BOTH PARTIES, FOR FAVORS AND COVER UP OF WHAT THEY WERE DOING, ASK ABOUT THE SECRET VOTE, OF POLITICIANS AT 3:00 IN THE MORNING WITH HEALTH LOBBIST OF THESE COMPANIES THAT WANTED VOTES , FROM POLITICIANS AND THOSE RICH , GOT MONEY FROM THESE COMPANIES, I SAY, IF THEY HAVE MILLIONS TO GIVE TO POLITICIANS AND MORE TO COVER UP WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO AMERICANS AND MORE, THEY CAN LET GO OF BILLIONS NOT MILLIONS TO THOSE THAT HAVE DIED, IN SUICIDE TOO, SUFFERING FROM MESH, ALL GOT RICH, BILLIONS AND BILLIONS, NOT MILLIONS , WHAT WE SUFFER FOR LIFE THEY SHOULD LOSE ALL OF MESH MONEY AND DOCTORS AND POLITICIANS AND FDA THAT LIED FOR THEM. NOW YOU SEE WHY LAWS ARE MADE TO STOP TRUTH FROM COMING OUT?? TO PROTECT THE GUILTY OF THE RICH AND POWERFUL IN AMERICA TODAY. TELL THE TRUTH AND DO NOT BACK UP, STAND, HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE WROTE TO YOUR CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS AND REPS, GOVERNORS THAT ARE RUN BY HEALTH CARE, WHERE DOCTORS SAY DO AS i SAY, NO QUESTIONS ASKED , OR WE WILL NOT SEE YOU, AS THEY DRAIN MEDICARE AND MORE INS. SENDING YOU FROM 1 DOCTOR TO ANOTHER.

PUTING YOU ON MEDS THAT CAUSE STROKE AND HEART ATTACK, and then say wow you got to have medical research heart surgery to try out new devices, that we are experimenting with,. more money in doctors and nurses pockets, as a nurse bragged at how much she made to me, , what she did on state time, not seeing patients, 0ver 100.00 an hour for over time, and a disease waiting to happen with what she did getting paid by state , by health providers for the poor and common people health care they never got. just like politicians and courts to me.

I am ready to smoke a peace pipe, with out forked tongues , covering truth up. MESH WARRIOR!

15. Ruth says:

I have had 2mesh implants The 2nd because the first one failed But now i can feel the mesh from inside my vagina and sometimes there s blood Is this not normal? Coul this be a sign of erosion?

• Betty says:

Hi Ruth, I am not a Dr. but yes this is a sign of erosion. Not all erosion causes pain, it depends on what nerves it comes in contact with. The vaginal area is full of nerves so it is funny (weird) to me that this can happen without pain, but I have experienced this as have others. Mesh moves – despite many Dr.’s telling me otherwise – I’ve witnessed it first hand. Bleeding is not normal. I suggest you find a Dr. to remove all the mesh at once. Once it starts moving it will continue and I know way too many who have it in their organs, intestines, bladder, urethra and more. It is not worth the risk. The longer it is in the worse the chance for full recovery. In continence has a great chance of recurring, but considering the alternative I’d take the incontinence every day of the week. Some find that their incontinence does not return. I wish you the best, may God be with you.

16. Ruth says:

Thank you Betty for your reply I have been getting some abdominal pain and camping I donot kow if this is linked to the mesh but I am going to make an appt with a doctor I know it has nothing to do with menstrual cycle because I no longer get my periods. That has not happened for several years. That is one of the reasons I get very concerned when I see bleeding I did mention this bleeding problem to the dr that did the implant and he said I should not be concerned. I think I need to find another dr. As for the cramping and abdominal pain should I be concerned about that?

Thanks for your help

Ruth

17. candysalvo says:

ladies, it is awful to know , we probably want ever see any help, either will a doctor fix’s what has been done, these procedures were all unnecessary all together , I still believe due to people having insurance were all told they needed it done for the (greed) of money by the doctor’s, I was only 33yrs old and was told first visit to the obgyn that I needed this mesh put in , however I think when the product didn’t fit ,the doctor’s made it fit somehow, I had very little removed last year ,even the doctor didn’t want to tell me and my husband he couldn’t get it all out…..so I still have a lot left inside me….that’s not good!….I have suffered so much that im over the fact that me and my husband will never be paid what damage’s have been done….I had a life until this mesh was put in….if I live to see any settlement from my suffering it will be by the grace of the almighty GOD…. no amount of money could ever fix’s my marriage ,my family, my health, my mental state, and just my well being …..

Hi Candy–That’s why so many women are concentrating on their health first and trying to get back what they had. Do you have competent medical help? I hope so….let us know if you need to reach out to patient advocates who maybe can direct you in your area. Also do you have your medical records as well as insurance? Thanks for writing.. I’m sorry.

18. Ruth says:

I am haing an issue with the dr. The dr that I am going to now is part of the same practice as the first dr who put in the mesh for the second surgery. My first mesh rwas done in Mass It eroded and I had bleeing and lots of irritation So a urologist had to remove it. Then I moved to NC and suffered from inncontenence once again and went toa uro dr here and he suggested another sling telling me this one was much safer. I have since been dealing with bleeding periodicly, hematuria, lots of irratation, some abdominal pain and cramping and this dr tells me that some bleeding is ok and not to worry about the hematuria. These drs try to make you feel like your insane or just a crybaby. But I need to go outside of this practice to get help.

19. Richard M Howden(AMU) says:

The fact that Doctors are not giving full disclosure about a Mesh product does not necessarily mean that they are hiding something. As in the case of Hernia mesh implants, the Doctors went through a weekend conference where they did a virtual implant of the ‘product’ to be able to start putting mesh in patients as soon as they got home. I do not believe they ever went through a seminar concerning mesh erosion, migration, bulging, bleeding and frequent infections. What I have experienced and many victims I have corresponded with say as well is that when they do present their Dr. with medical information about mesh they are met with incredulity. You as a patient are supposed to believe everything the Dr. tells you and questioning his/her knowledge or medical integrity is an affront to their position and standing. Also, in their mind you are now fishing for a malpractice lawsuit or to involve them in a suit against the product/manufacturer. It is unfortunate for the mesh victim in this case because you are now suspect and a liability to the Dr.. I believe this also extends to surgeries where the Dr. is taking a mesh out. As in the case of the ‘tethers’ or ‘wings’ the Dr. is trying to get in and out as quickly as possible and by taking out the sling takes the majority of the mesh, right? But we who have mesh know, our body is fighting the ‘foreign’ object 24/7/365 and you still have those ‘wings’ inside you. So when you tell the Dr. that you can still ‘feel’ the mesh, he looks at you as if you are nuts. I go through that scenario all the time as I work my way, slowly, to get a mesh removal surgery. As Jane said in a previous post, any Doctor who does a ‘great’ job removing the surgery and all the while being upfront and understanding about your concerns(especially after educating yourself) is worth their weight in gold! We as Mesh Victims have a long way to go both personally and in educating the public about the dangers of mesh. You would think that with the thousands of Lawsuits brought by women against all the different manufacturers, the FDA would be doing something about it. Combine that with the 100’s of 1000’s of Hernia Mesh Victims, none of this should be ignored by our governmental protectors, but it is. With every new trial, I hold my breath in hopes that this will be ‘the one’ that blows the cover off all of this. I hope that day is soon. I will again reference what Jane has said, your health should be your main priority now. Best Wishes……

• HE says:

Hi all, and Richard,

You do make some great points. I also hope the lid gets BLOWN off on mesh and that the pieces go far and wide and hit all those who are guilty. It is frustrating and does feel hopeless at times because of all the silence surrounding mesh victims (or any other 510k victims I assume). I believe that some Dr.’s are responsible and some are hiding the truth. I have seen too many who won’t look at the evidence. One Dr. just said straight out “mesh doesn’t cause pain, period.” I was sent to him with a pathology report that showed foreign body reaction. He said it was a bogus pathology report. He is the lead guy in a famous institution. He knew about Dr. Raz and told me he was an idiot. Therefore, he is one example of a culpable Dr. I know many other like him. It is amazing that they can continue on in their practices, it seems to me that if they are culpable in this area they don’t have much integrity and probably are sleazy in other areas as well. I had one Dr. I saw who was incredulous about the mesh causing this, but admitted it was so. She told me she was sorry and that this “should never happen”. She continues to use it, albeit she tells everyone about “me”. She believes it’s rare or rather “wants to” believe it’s rare. Even with evidence mounting to the opposite. I think she honestly believes that she is doing the best for her patients, they don’t have a 3 month recovery time. She asked me right up if I was going to sue – it scared her. So I am just confirming some of what you are saying. It’s not cut and dried and clear. It bothers me that many of my Dr.’s are still using this product, but as my spouse said “you can’t afford to confront everyone of them or you’ll cut out any help you’re getting.” I cannot stop myself when I get going about this product. Thank God he has some good sense, or I’d be in bigger trouble. I find that giving this information to pharmacies and primary care Dr.’s is a good way to get the word out. They are open to the truth and they post it and warn other patients about it. I print out some of Jane’s site and the FDA warnings and some links that they can check. My primary care has warned many women away from this. Now she is seeing other women with issues coming into her office. She is in a small town, USA so I think the lid is only going to be on for some time. The word is getting out, it can’t help it – so many are continuing to be injured. My big prayer is that those with “golden parachutes” don’t get away with it and are held accountable.

Thanks for your input.

20. GA Guest says:

Dr. Moore in Atlanta removed my mesh. He is wonderful. He is in the office with Dr. Milkos. I highly recommend Dr. Moore.

21. GA Guest says:

Advantage Fit

As far as the arms, I don’t know. How would I find out?

22. guest says:

Who is fighting for the doors to be kicked in of the chemical companies to make availabklle funds to be set up so that women like others can get to some of these doctors that women praise that treat them like humans? why isn’t a judge saying set up funds to these chemical companies so women can know what they have to face more surgery . not just a hand picked few. suffering in silence when this mesh has moved even more and my kidneys in back are hurting so bad. hard to stand on feet and sit long they know women will die but that will be news won’ty it for someone to pat their self on the back, when truth needs to be told,

heard someone with heart pace maker say they have scars from that, saying cases of mesh should have no merit. I ASK, IF THEY GET INFECTIONS CAN THEY GET MEDICATIONS TO GET RID OF THE INFECTIONS, MESH WOMEN CANNOT, WHAT ABOUT SCARING FROM INFECTIONS AND THE MESH MOVING AND CUTTING INSIDE , INTO OTHER BODY PARTS AND NOT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO AND EVEN GET A DOCTOR THAT WILL TALK AND TREAT THEM AS HUMANS . SAYING WE WILL DO YOUR THINKING FOR YOU NO QUESTIONS ASKED, OR i WON’T SEE YOU AGAIN. SOME JUDGE NOT CORRUPT KNOWING THE PRESIDENT IS DOING NOTHING AND ATTORNEY GENERAL ARE DOING NOTHING , POLITICIANS ARE DOING NOTHING , GOVERNORS, ALL COVER BECAUSE THESE RICH MURDERING CHEMICAL COMPANIES GAVE MONEY TO THEIR CAMPAIGNS. TELL THE TRUTH, WHAT JUDGE WOULD CORRUPT THESE COURTS IF NOT INVOLVED AND INVESTED IN THESE EVIL LIES TOLD TO AMERICANS? SICK OF LIES AND COVER UPS. BEING SILENT NEVER RESOLVES ANYTHING, CALM DOWN, SMILE THROUGH ALL THE EVIL LIES AND COVER UPS, YOU MUST NOT BE SUFFERING AND HURTING LIKE i AM.

23. guest says:

SORRY ABOUT THE MISSPELLED WORDS AT THIS POINT i am not wanting to put on a clowns face of deceivment had enough of the circus.

24. guest says:

There are 2 things I hate 1 is a liar and another is someone that is covering up the truth. bull chit richard and he, wise words ?????? Are you saying that women should not ask questions to a doctor and have a 2 way conversation, of truth, no lying, as so may women were lies to and doctors that did the implants would not tell the truth to women and the women had to wait so long years to find a doctor to tell them the truth no lies. All they got was cruel and inhuman treatment and lies, sarcastic remarks, don’t lie and cover up for these lying doctors

, there sorry damn colleagues lied and covered up enough for them for years to thousands of women that they got rich off mesh implants.

women gagged by courts , told that after years of suffering they cannot get on internet and tell anyone about their mesh why , oh wise words ???? women could not tell anyone of their suffering, no relationships , being called names because they turned down dates. and everyone in medical lied and covered for them, no law suit threats at all begging for anti biotic , cream, and being denied what I am other women needed, hown cruel can doctors be that we misunderstand, sorry for your sympathy you have for low life lying doctors and nurses. but6 my pain and suffering and lied to and cover up by their sorry colleagues, get no sympathy from me.

I WANT TO SEE A DOCTOR NOT L;IKE THE VAST MAJORITY THAT SO MAY WOPMEN HAVE BEEN DEGRADED, TO AN ANIMAL. DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS OF WHAT WE DO , YOU DO WHAT WE SAY WITHOUT QUESTIONS , YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT YOUR TEST SHOW, AFTER RESPONSES LIKE I AM MOPRE WOMEN GOT TO THOSE DOCTORS AND NURSES IN TENNESSEE . GO TO HELL. SORRY JANE I DON’T SEE WISE WORDS AT ALL BY RICHARD AND HE.

25. guest says:

i say every lying doctor that lied to women and did nothing but were cruel with sarcastic remarks and everyone of them need their names blasted on mesh web sites . I would like to be the first to give doctors names cruel and lied, how ABOUT IT JANE? i will give those doctors names that put mesh in me, here in tennessee since we will never see justice and they are so high and mighty and got rich off mesh, they need to be cut down to the lying evil in medical we trusted,. and were lied to, and treated cruel. paid off, crime that women will never see justice for only hand picked by who? more liars and those that cover up, investors and politicians,

LET US EXPOSE THESE DOCTORS AND JURSES, ON WEB SITE OF HOW CRUEL AND HOW THEY LIED TO WOMEN, USING SARCASTIC REMARKS, COURTS ARE STOPPING THE WHOLE TRUTH IN COURTS, ANOTHER WAY TO BUY TIME AND COVER FOR THEIR RICH INVESTORS AND PAY OFFS IN POWER. IN EVERY STATE GET TO THE ROOTS OF IT IT GETS UGLIER .

26. guest says:

WHAT MERCY HAVE THEY SHOWED TO ME AND OTHER WOMEN, EXCEPT TO GAG US FROM SPEAKING OUT6, SHOW THEM THE SAME MERCY WE WERE SHOWN. ALL WOMEN NEED JUSTICE WITH MESH NOT JUST SOME HAND PICKED . BY COURTS

AND DRAG ON WE NEED HELP NOW TO SEE DOCTORS NOT LIKE YTHE ONES WE HAVE SEEN AND LIED TO.

27. Dixie says:

Hi all,

I have been reading comments for several months now on mesh problems. It has been a nightmare for me as well as it’s been for other ladies. Couple of years ago my GYN said I need a mesh sling for my incontinence. I had never heard of a “mesh sling”, didn’t know what it was. He told me it would stop the leaking whenever I coughed, sneezed, laughed or strained. So, I trusted him, I mean he was my doctor, most trust their doctor’s. A few week’s after the implant I started having UTI and bleeding, I phoned his office and went in and they did a urine test and detected infection, so he gave me a prescription for infection. The infection cleared up for about a month, then I started having pain and more bleeding. I phoned his office and his nurse said I needed to see a Urologist. It took 2 months to get an appointment to see the Urologist! The Urologist said I would need surgery to correct the sling because it was implanted incorrectly! So, I had the surgery and had to wear a cathera (excuse spelling) home for 8 days til my follow-up appointment. When I went back to the Urologist he told me (after more tests) I would need another surgery and this surgery would be the removable of the mesh sling, that the sling was causing me all the UTI’s , pain and bleeding. BTW, I never the pain, infections and bleeding before I had the mesh implanted. The Urologist told me I would have to stay a couple of days in the hospital when he removes the mesh sling. The nurse was going to phone me with time and date for my pre-op and surgery. I phoned his office to get an appointment to see him before the 2nd surgery, because I was in so much pain I needed help. I told him I was hurting in my lower back and groin area and had trouble empting my bladder. He came right out and told me I was not having pain in my lower back and groin area and the bleeding will stop in time, just wear Depends! He did a 360, a complete turn around! At 1st he said the mesh sling was giving me the problem, and had to come out, the next time he said it was all in my head. Bleeding and UTI’s were not in my head they are in my abdomen from the mesh implant! Why are the doctor’s having second thought’s about trying to help? He said acupuncture would help. What is acupuncture going to do with the UTI and bleeding? I am at my wit’s end, this is been going on for about 3 years now. Can someone tell me if acupuncture will help? But the mesh sling that is causing the problem’s will still be here. I was wondering if our bodies are not willing to accept a foreign object like the mesh sling’s.

So sorry for a long comment but I just had to get tis off my chest.

28. Ruth says:

Hi every one Ive been on this before Quick history- had a sling done in 2006 had erosion and irratation with vag bleeding and had an excision done in 2009. The dr only removed mesh. Then after the return of incontenence had another sling put in after different dr suggesting that this would be safe and tnat it was a different material. This eas in 2010. I have since had problems with irratation, vaginal bleeding, gross hematuria, back pain and now i am experiencing moderate and sometimes very bad bilateral groin pain. My dr says that it probably is not due to the sling although i had exrays to check for artritis and there was no obvious signs of arthritis. I have been dealing with this groin pain now for months and sometimes it is difficult to walk or sit. Could the dr be right in telling me that it is not from the sling? The dr i saw was not a urologist just my primary. What should i do from here?

29. Traci Rizzo says:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CASE OF DIXIE MONEY VS AMS ???