Bell Law Firm Investigates Pelvic Mesh Injuries as AMS Agrees to Settle

SPONSORED CONTENT

bell logo

The Bell Law Firm Continues Investigations into Pelvic Mesh Injuries as American Medical Systems Agrees to Settlement

The product liability litigation surrounding Endo American Medical Systems’ pelvic mesh devices continues in the wake of a settlement agreement for 20,000 cases, The Bell Law Firm reports.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. – Product liability lawyers at The Bell Law Firm, in cooperation with Motley Rice, continue to investigate injury claims related to Endo American Medical Systems’ (AMS) pelvic mesh devices after the manufacturer issued an agreement to settle approximately 20,000 cases for a total of $830 million (1).

According to a report published April 30, 2014 by the Wall Street Journal, the settlement amount will be distributed to plaintiffs over time. Harry F. Bell, The Bell Law Firm’s founding partner, noted that more information on individual settlement offers will be available soon.

“Clients will receive information from their lawyer within the next 60 days that will have more details about the AMS settlement offers, which have been extended to significant numbers of people,” Bell said.

Bell believes that the Endo AMS litigation brings the important issue of women’s health to the forefront of the public conscious.

“We’re very proud of the excellent work shown by the attorneys of our co-counsel Motley Rice,” Bell said of the litigation. “Joe Rice has done a superb job in negotiating on behalf of our team. We applaud the efforts of Henry Garrard and Clayton Clark, who I serve with on the executive committee. They have done great work regarding the MDL.”

Bell also noted that no such settlements have been agreed upon in the C.R. Bard, Boston Scientific, Ethicon, or Coloplast cases, and that Judge Joseph R. Goodwin is putting forth an “aggressive schedule” to hear these cases in West Virginia in mid-October.

Bell serves on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee (PSC) and is Plaintiffs’ Co-liaison Counsel in the pelvic mesh cases currently being litigated across the country. The PSC is comprised of attorneys who help to direct the litigation in cases with multiple plaintiffs who have similar claims. These cases include In Re: American Medical Systems, Inc. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation MDL 2325, In Re: Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation MDL 2326, In Re: C. R. Bard Inc. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation MDL 2187, In Re: Ethicon Inc. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation MDL 2327, and In Re: Coloplast Corp. Pelvic Support Products Liability Litigation MDL 2387.

The Bell Law Firm is currently offering free legal consultations to any person who believes they may have a pelvic mesh injury claim. The firm welcomes questions or concerns from consumers, who may contact The Bell Law Firm through its website belllaw.com or by calling 1-800-342-1701.

About The Bell Law Firm, PLLC

With the legal and technical resources necessary to litigate the most complex personal injury cases, The Bell Law Firm is proud to represent injury and accident victims from their office in Charleston, West Virginia. Having recovered millions of dollars for personal injury victims, the experienced attorneys at The Bell Law Firm work closely with their clients to successfully deliver justice on their behalf. For more information or for a free, no-obligation case review, visit belllaw.com or call 1-800-342-1701.

The Bell Law Firm

30 Capitol Street

Charleston, WV 25301

(304) 345-1700

Contact Information:

Alexandra Antonopoulos

(561)337-3947

pressrelease@pmpmg.com

Learn More:

Endo Reaches Agreements in Principle to Settle a Substantial Majority of AMS Litigation Cases, http://www.marketwatch.com/story/endo-reaches-agreements-in-principle-to-settle-a-substantial-majority-of-ams-litigation-cases-2014-04-30?reflink=MW_news_stmp, April 30, 2014

1. msm says:

You have GOT to be kidding me! Notice he says,

“superb job in negotiating on behalf of OUR TEAM.”

I guess the “team” doesn’t include the plaintiffs. 60 days before we hear from our attorneys? Where are the ethics? They wouldn’t wait 60 days for information if it was their family.

It’s as if it is already a done deal with NO COMMUNICATION WITH PLAINTIFFS PRIOR TO ENTERING INTO A SETTLEMENT. A contract agreeing to a settlement signed by a plaintiff before a settlement is proposed is not binding. If that’s not correct, please correct me.

• Kitty says:

My question is: Do any new clients to this law firm share in the $830 million or is the $830 million for the 20,000 victims already noted?

• pam says:

YOU CAN BANK ON IT, FOR SURE , YES, THOSE THAT HAVE CASES THAT ARE FRAUDULENTLY FILED. There are thousands of damaged women, but to bog down cases, they have those fraudulent cases also that have been filed by crooked attorneys and doctors to bog down courts to prolong suffering hoping more will die before they get to see justiice, THE WAYS OF THE RICH AND POWERFUL IN AMERICA THAT ABUSE THEIR POSITIONS OF POWER.

• pam says:

msm, what do you expect from attorney’s in states that employee people in their states with chemical companies of mesh that did this. Don’t you know they also have invested in these chemical companies that all got rich and so greedy not caring for people suffering with mesh? so sad same reason that courts can stop truth coming out in courts, and make decisions to gag truth. but happens in all states, even politicians that got money from lobbist of these chemical companies. without the whole truth, being told you have distorted truth , that is how the throw out cases in courts, I HAVE SEEN IT TOO MANY TIMES , GUILTY WALK FREE AND THOSE INNOCENT AND SUFFERING NEVER SEE JUSTICE.

2. Richard M Howden(AMU) says:

While I am glad that these victims are finally getting compensation for what has been done to them, what about all of the men and women who have a mesh product, are in dire straits physically and financially, and cannot get a Lawyer to represent them? I am sick of Lawyers picking and choosing from the ‘crop’ of victims, meanwhile so many of us are left destitute and hopeless. 20,000 sounds like a lot of mesh victims. But I can tell you that there are 100,000 plus, right now that are suffering from pain, dis-figuration, loss of bladder control, loss of sex, loss of reproductive function and are destitute. When will the rest of us be able to celebrate and start to believe that we are going to be at least able to pay our bills? I realize that these cases are complex ( as we keep being told ) but with every case settled the Lawyers now have gained more information and a better idea of how the manufacturers have been able to get away with this for so long. The idea that these manufacturers will be able to retire to some nice beach somewhere while we, as their victims, are left with nothing, is criminal to say the least.

I was contacted 2 weeks ago by another Law firm, spent an hour talking to a very nice guy and was told that he would get back to me whether or not they would represent me. As I said, 2 weeks ago! That is as close to having representation as I have had in 5 years! Still waiting……

3. pam says:

RICHARD, your double talk to what women are being compensated shows you, are not see4ing that women are not getting compensated at all, except for the one that got 11 million, but these getting a million and a little more . Do you know after attorneys get their part and they keep adding attorneys , maybe up to 8 and 10 attorneys confusing to clients by the way. and other law firms that have theirs, ins saying they want money bacl out of money given by courts, then travel coasts if a woman gets to a doctor , trips that cost them into thousands, doctors that keep them under microscope for life, These women are not getting anything, money going back into states that would not help them , politicians paid off that will smile with money they get, and lie where the money coming from, not telling the blood money of women suffering. .true, picking and choosing, to show people if some don’t get compensations , that I doubt deserve it have those in power that will fight for them as we know some do. get your blinders off, Look at the whole picture and the ROOTS of how this started, the fda, those that were placed , judges that were placed, hmmmm, attorneys that also were chosen to corrupt and distort truth in and out of courts, NOW DO YOU SEE WHY NATIONAL TV AND MORE WOULD NOT GET INVOLVED AND GOVERNORS WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING EITHER. HOW MANY PEOPLE IN POWER , WASHINGTON D.C. AND STATE HAVE PHONES BEEN HUNG UP ON YOU ? THE FDA? ATTORNEYS THAT SAID WE DO NOT CARE WHAT DOCTORS AND NURSES, HOSPITALS ARE DOING TO YOU AS THEY LIE AND SAY WE ARE GOING AFTER CHEMICAL COMPANIES, , WITH WORDS OF WE ARE DROPPING YOUR CASE BECAUSE YOU DO NOT TRUST US. AFTER YOU TOOK A BACK LASHING FROM DOCTOR THAT YOU WERE TOLD TO HAND DELIVER, DOING THEIR JOB. WHY? JANE YOU WANT TO SEE THE PRROF OF WHAT i HAVE TOLD YOU GOT IT. SOME WOMEN ARE NOT AND HAVE NOT GONE THROUGH WHAT SOME WOMEN CHOSEN TO TAKE HELL , more than others. richard , not being mean at all to you, just saying, it’s called truth, distorted truth, that courts and attorneys are stopping and records I have read of lies and distorted truth is exactly why corruption has always been the main focus and the women are getting nothing even for a couple of million. they come out with nothing after all take money for their pain and suffering. if tobacco can settle for billions, mesh women lied to and suffered , years of ijnfections and life destroyed should get more than billions, no less. if anyone should take less, states, and attorneys that allowed the companies and courts to prolong women suffering, they should get less since they have a train of attorneys they want tyo take money away, why does it take for 1 woman 15 to 20 attorneys? and investigators also that careless. and state leaders that did nothing but the first are states that refused to stop mesh, put the blame where it goes,

Pam- Please don’t shout at Richard.. He too is mesh injured and hernia mesh is not getting the attention pelvic mesh is… just my request. Thank you.

• pam says:

I am not shouting at richard. I read what he said on another topic of mesh to me, knowing what I said to him, not knowing until I READ HIS STORY TODAY THAT HE TOO WAS MESH MESSED UP. i TOLD HIM i DID NOT MEAN TO BE MEAN IN WORDS TO HIM. but thought he was not one messed up with mesh. I APOLOGIZE TO HIM.

I DID NOT KNOW HE HAD SUFFERED ABOUT 2 YEARS LONGER THAN i HAVE, I don’t know about others, but I just got some more records and read more lies of more doctors , that were cruel, I CALLED CONG, SEN. YESTERDAY after so many years telling them about mesh and no one would do anything, I TOLD ONE ALL YOU DO IS LISTEN TO LOBBIST FOR THESE COMPANIES AND GET MONEY AND THEY GIVE MONEY, you are closing your ears to what people damaged are suffering and more. OH BY THE WAY, i told them, that you were younger, if they did not want to believe me that you could explain better than I could, since you have talked with women and men and doctors and been in courts, I told them to google you and mesh web sites and listen to other women besides me that have been lied to and more, I TOLD THEM i WAS NOT THE ONLY 1 MAD AS DAMMNED HELL AS OTHER WOMEN SAY IT. ON MESH. CAN I SAY IT TOO JANE??MY CAPS DO NOT MEAN i am shouting at all, it is just my way of posting. I DON’T FIT IN TO ANYONE’S MOLD EXCEPT THE 1 THAT GOD MADE FOR ME. Richard I WILL STAND BY YOU ANY DAY, ,WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, IF NOTHING ELSE WE KNOW WE CAN BE FRIENDS. Jane do not get mean with me. , (smiles)

Pam- Generally all caps is considered shouting. Please respect everyone including your editor. (Big SMILE back!) Thank you.

• Carol says:

Hey Pam FYI nurses are not included in your anger. I am a nurse and I am mesh injured too. I understand your anger and frustration with the medical community but keep it placed where it belongs squarely on the MD that implanted you and the company that sold him the product they are the ones making millions. Not nurses we are paid pennies and we get abused by doctors, patients and families of people who are sick and frustrated. WHY because we are the people you have the most contact with when you are sick. We are there taking care of your needs, sometimes even when family and friends have gone or think your nuts. We are all suffering and being taken advantage of here. I refuse to let this anger consume me or make me bitter. I have lost a lot. Things I will never get back mostly my health. But I am thankful for Jane and others I have met along the way that have helped and shown kindness in ways that I will never be able to repay. Jane doesn’t have to do this but she does.

4. msm says:

Richard, if you ever get someone to help you (and I really hope you can), make sure you know the truth about “compensation”. While $830 million sounds great to the public, they don’t know the facts.

That figure is divided amongst 22,000 plaintiffs (and growing) . Out of about $38,000, each attorney gets 40%. Each attorney then get their expenses (plus interest usually). Then, all of the insurance paid out is reimbursed to the companies (many of us have had multiple surgeries while some have none). Then the state you live in may demand a cut. IF there is anything left, the medical and travel expenses paid by the plaintiff have to be recouped and in many cases this involves loans plus interest. Maybe a plaintiff will break even.

There is no compensation for the years of pain and suffering, loss of earnings, loss of consortium, future medical expenses, etc. That’s what the public doesn’t know. They just see $830 million. So, if you ever are able to get some help, go into it with your eyes open. I had know idea.

• Kitty says:

It seems that the attorneys arte p–ping for clients. The 830 million should be for 20,000 victims that have lawsuits on file. And of course the money should be in tiers of injury. I didn’t have AMS– I don’t see much activity on the blog–so i’m thinking many of the victims are gagged already Its really sad. I too started to tell you all about the evolution of my illness with mesh When I read it back it was frightening. I was very strong and was an avid walker—had a strong immune system–never realizing the pain et al was due to meshy—. and was able to ward off erosion of mesh through vagina for 10 years–but eventually the truth always come out.—no pun intended.

PS Richard I can’t imagine what pain you mush be in. mesh eroding thru p— or scr–. T I hope you get some help

5. karen says:

We should only accept Billions!!!! Like you said their’s not enough money there for future problems. You best believe the insurance company have already stated there lawsuits were beginning last year . My health insurance is bcbc they told me they filed already. So this is not a good day for those people that have to take pennies and not good for us who have had our lives changed for tring to have a healthier life. The FDA should be included in all these lawsuits, they gave them the ok.

6. Richard M Howden says:

I am sorry that my post was misconstrued. The amounts of money that is being touted as what other “Mesh Victims” can get is ludicrous. The 11 million dollar settlement is now in appeal. Who knows when that money, if ever, will make it to the victim.

What I am saying is this. The Lawyers are picking and choosing who they will represent out of the ‘pool’ of victims that have signed up for litigation. The victims that DO NOT fit the criteria that the Lawyer wants, are culled out and now have no representation or any part in that MDL or litigation. And it is my understanding that if this has happened to you, your chances of ever being able to get compensation in another MDL or litigation is about nil. So, out of say, 300,000 victims ( I am just pulling that number out of my head. It is not a statistic! ) maybe a third of them get to go to court. Then they are divided up into categories and the Courts and Lawyers decide how much each victim gets according to his or her mesh damage. The amount I have heard of as an average compensation in these MDL’s is about $14,000 before lawyers fee’s and any subjugation that may be in effect. And at that time it is a “take it or leave it” situation. If you do not accept the settlement amount, you may not get anything at all because the Lawyer may drop you or leave you hanging wondering what the hell is going on!

And everybody else that is a mesh victim and unable to get representation, for what ever reason, is out of luck. The Manufacturer’s have been ‘punished’, the Court’s have done their job and the Lawyers have a great payday. That is what I am upset about. All of us that have been lied to and implanted with a supposedly “Safe” medical device should be compensated in such a manner that we should not have to worry about losing our house or paying the bills or buying prescriptions. WE have been experimented on! WE have been guinea pigs for the mesh manufacturers and the FDA drags it’s feet to investigate and make changes. Every one involved is getting big bucks and the mesh victim is forgotten! That is what I am talking about.

$11,000,000 looks great as an advertisement for the Lawyers when you do not have to say the the decision is under appeal and who knows when it will be resolved. $848,000,000 sounds great for 20,000 victims till you read the fine print and discover the court costs, lawyer fee’s, legal fee’s and subjugation and, finally, how is the court determining how much each plaintiff gets? All of this sounds great to the mesh victim that is struggling physically and financially. Hoping that the money comes quickly to pay the bills and get out of debt only to discover later that all is not as ‘Advertised”.

I apologize if I was not more succinct. Best Wishes………

7. Sandy says:

It makes me mad that on my TV they advertise about a woman getting millions when we all know she will never get that. They make it sound like a great pay back for all our suffering, pain, bill collectors calling, houses being taken away, family and marriages destroyed! No one can ever repay me for all the loss I have had. But as Karen says billions would not be enough. I will settle for less but it will not be $40,000.00! I would rather lose my house than let these people screw me over anymore. I now have to travel a long way just to see if I can get rid of the daily pain. This doctor is my last hope. For 3 years I have suffered and lost my life. I have thought about suicid, but that let’s them win too. How can attorney say they did a great job with such a stupid settlement. My question would be this to my attorney — why should I pay you for such a sick sad settlement? I can’t believe theses case are complicated. I believe these are people who had issues, had the mesh removed and that was the end of it. I know what I have been through and still have to suffer through yet. I will not accept a slap in the face and accept 40,000.00. None of you should. This has been the most horrific thing I have ever been through in my life and no one can tell it is not worth so very much more!

8. Jane Akre says:

Hello All– You may have noticed this is Sponsored Content, meaning Bell Law has sent me some support to keep this site going. Please be kind and respectful. If you all sent in $3 a month I would not have to seek support elsewhere.. I’m hopefully putting this situation in perspective for you. My pacer bill alone this month was $250. How many of you have contributed to the Mesh News Desk? I’m not a nonprofit and I don’t have a trust fund to keep this going, so show respect toward the few sponsors who have stepped up. Thank you. ~ your editor, ja

• Kitty says:

Jane I need your address or PO to send money I wasnt able to get on pay pal.

Thank you Kitty… the Paypal on the front of MND is one way. if you dont have paypal.. PO box 3553, ponte vedra FL 32240. Thank you!!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!

• Carol says:

Jane I get paid on Friday I will send money too. I am sorry that you have had to shoulder this alone. I didn’t even notice the Paypal on the website. Again my apologies.

Carol RN

9. Richard M Howden says:

Consider this my last post on the newsdesk.

We are a group. We all have been damaged by mesh. What I am now discovering is that Hernia mesh and men in particular are not considered as part of the mesh damaged at least when it comes to protests as happened with the J&J stockholders. Some of the responses I have received have said I do not have the same level of pain or damage that women have gotten from what ever mesh they had therefore not viable in the mesh discussion on here.

I have said many times that WE are ALL in this TOGETHER as a group victimized and damaged by the same manufacturers and materials. But it seems, as in many things, there is the belief that because you are a women damaged by mesh your cause should stand alone. I have read “sisterhood” and such. Granted, I did not lose bladder control or my reproductive function ( apparently losing a testicle does not count) but I am a mesh victim. We cannot separate by gender or mesh type or amount of damage done etc and expect to win the fight against mesh. But that is what is happening. And as long as their is that distinction and exclusion, as in the J&J shareholder meeting where Hernia Mesh never came up, we are all going to lose in the end. So, I will fight for the Hernia mesh victims because that is who I am. I wish you all the best in your fight for women’s Gyno mesh victims. Sorry we cannot do this together as a group with the same interests in mind. Truly a shame.

And as far as Mesh Attorney’s go? I think the majority are vultures. That is just MY opinion…..Best Wishes.

• Kitty says:

So Richard You finally said it and it is awful that the mesh eroded in that area—I think you have been incredibly brave going along with us and I hope you stay with us. I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the sisterhood and we love you and need you.

• stopmeshimplants says:

Dear Richard,

I hope you reconsider. You must know that your belonging to this group validates our arguments that mesh is bad for everyone including men, women, grandparents, sisters, etc. People who are at the beginning stages of these mesh discoveries are not clued in to what many of us have known for years. We need you and your genuine, sincere thoughts and brilliant suggestions to lead this group. I am certain this is difficult for you to try to get your point across with a bunch of women, but we really do need you. I have read your posts for a while now and consider you as to be an excellent resource for this group. Your comments always give us something to ponder and suggestions on how to deal with this mesh mess. I appreciate you! Take care.

• Mary pat says:

Richard, don’t leave us ! Your contributions are invaluable. I hear your pain. When I first got into this meSh mess I did not know that hernia mesh caused the same pain and damage. I have learned so much from you. Now when I warn people about mesh, thanks to you, I include hernia mesh. WE, all mesh victims, are united. You keep up the good work, keep educating us and the world. Hang in there. You know better than anyone how difficult this battle is. Don’t give up. Keep fighting the good fight. Stand with us. We will stand with you. (God knows, none of us can sit!)

• Carol says:

Richard, I love you and you can be my sister any day. Way to go BRO. We are all bound by Mesh. and by the way I love reading your posts they say so much of what I can not always find the ways to verbalize things myself. DONT GO STAY PLEASE STAY PLEASE

10. Kitty says:

Jane would you post your address if possdible I tried pay pal and I couldn’t get it. I would rather send thru the mail

• Kitty says:

Pam I hope the scolding you got from Jane didnt scare you off. I learned so much from what you have to say–even though you do get a bit—lets say descriptive. We should all send money to Jane. Im going to –daughter and son in law in DC this next week and then NY for grandson’s graduation. I hope I don’t have to climb too many steps or walk too far. Besides the pelvic cramping— I had pain going down my R leg in the middle of the night last night. It was the worst pain I ever felt–as bad as transitional labor pain. It only lasted about 10 minutes. I had SUI mesh taken out in Jan I still have POP in. . I dont want to describe the bowel problems from failed rectocele—and then redone. It was quite depressing reading about what Richard had to say about MDLs and $14,000.00 per person. What is the point of not being quiet and not naming names. A book should be written with the stories from Janes blog, Denises story Dr Margolis and Linda Batiste et al— You are so right Pam about the lies It scares me to tell what was said to me this last year and what I heard behind closed doors. Amen

If Jane doesnt answer me and give her PO Box or address i

ll have my daughter help me get on to pay pal.

11. SDS says:

Dear Jane,

Your super human help is much appreciated. In future show full financial disclosure. I felt humbled to send you what I could, but re-thinking the process. No information isn’t free, especially at the rate you turn it out. But I am truly uncomfortable with you being sponsored by law firm(s), especially the latest case that was settled… My question to you, of the 40% paid to some firms upon settlement! your part of that payout. It appears you are robbing Peter to pay Paul! Your opinion is welcomed.

I’m truly uncomfortable with not being able to pay my mortgage! (LOL) As you may have noticed, the advertiser-based media has worked well for decades as long as there is a firewall between editorial and advertising. In my About Us page that is stated! I don’t think I should take a vow of poverty to produce news free to the public but would be very happy to take on more advertising from BMW, Consumers Union or pet products… (Almost) everyone is welcome. Perhaps you have some ideas how online news can be self supporting and if so please give me a call… Thank you. Jane Akre 904-613-2828 BTW- neither firm is involved with the latest settlements.

• Mary pat says:

Whoever you are, STOP picking on Jane. We love her. You strike her and you are hurting us. God knows we all have too much hurt so if you want to be a bully go away!

I get nothing from a settlement but thanks for asking… ..

12. Jane Akre says:

Richard- Please do not go away… You are absolutely right that we must stick together. The J&J Hurts Women campaign is named just that but I promise I will do more to relate all mesh as the same PP material. You have done so much. I hope no one has insulted you here. You are valued. thank you. ~ ja

• Kitty says:

Thank you Jane I will get money to you next week when i’m at my daughters–she will help me with pal site. As I mentioned I wan’t able to get thru on that site. Richard come back. and GO JANE GO JANE SEE JANE Go. Go Go Go.

13. pam says:

Richard, I apologise, Just reading, and saw that I had not. MY caps not intended to be yelling at all, IT is just my style.

Kitty, Jane can scold me, ( thanks for the laugh) Jane should know me by now, Jane is a spit fire too, and I know she stands her ground, that is 1 thing I look for in people that I DO WANT TO TRUST, TRUELY. I ALSO LIKE RICHARD , KNOWING HE IS IN THE BOAT WITH US, i AM NOT GOING TO ROCK THE BOAT WITH ME AND HIM IN THE SAME BOAT, I know I do not fit in most people molds, I don’t try to fit. I AM 1 THAT HATES LIARS, KNOWING LIES DESTROY LIVES, TRUTH, AND CORRUPT ALL THINGS, AND A LIE CAUSES PEOPLE SUFFERING AS WITH MESH.

now, IF any mesh damaged people, will google these chemical companies, look at the money given to those in washington and state leaders for campaigns, ( and those that have investments throughout the usa, doctors, nurses, gov, attorneys, judges, cong, sen, reps, and more, NOW YOU CAN SEE WHY THEY ARE NOT GETTING WHAT PEOPLE DAMAGED WITH MESH FOR LIFE. ALSO CR BARD HAS COMPANY IN GEORGIA, that , I am sure makes the political power in georgia to smile as they take and steal on people suffering, those in states , I have found many from Tennessee, names that got money and support to for chemical companies, look at boston scientific, stationed company in the state of Mass. Now look where cases were sent, also who profits more, ? by lying, for chemical companies, treating clients evil and adding to their suffering. NOW IF YOU STILL HAVE BLINDERS ON, WHAT JUDGE IS GOING TO ALLOW THE TRUTH TO COME OUT, AS AMERICANS ARE PROMISED , THE TRUTH THE WHOLE TRUTH, AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. AS RULES THEY MADE AND LAWS TO WHERE THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT IN COURTS. NOT THE FIRST TIME i have ever been denied to speak in a court room, because of those that abuse their positions of power, THIS IS NO DIFFERENT, SINCE MOST EVIL LIE AND TRY TO KEEP TRUTH FROM BEING TOLD, EVEN IN MURDER IF SOMEONE IN POWER IS INVOLVED FOR FAVORS. SO MANY LIES AND EVIL, BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO STAND, AGAINST LIES AND EVIL. i can , can you. 1 thing for sure , I will give them a good fight as the bible says to do. I MAY NOT HAVE THE BEST EDUCATION, BUT 1 THING FOR SURE i KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG, AND i DO NOT HAVE TO LIE, TRUTH WILL STAND WITHOUT TELLING A LIE, WHILE LIARS HAVE TO TELL ANOTHER 1 , AND ANOTHER, .

MAKE A STAND AND GIVE THEM A GOOD FIGHT, TELL THEM HELL NO , FOR WHAT THEY WANT TO SETTLE FOR LIFE TIME SUFFERING. WHEN YOU HAVE DONE ALL YOU CAN DO, STAND, STAND FOR TRUTH.

14. Linda says:

I am new to this conversation and when I heard about the $830,000.000 settlement and the majority going to the lawyers, and I have been noticing they have brought on more lawyers in the past few months. I am damaged goods, I have lost so much with 2 surgeries and always symptomatic. They called me and asked me if I have been to see any other doctors?? which I called and they will not remove the mesh. The dr. that put it in is scared to death to take it out because it was too complicated for him. He is a young dr. that thinks he is going to get in trouble with the lawsuit. Aren’t I lucky. I called 2 other Dr’s and they will not touch it. So now I am still on the search for a Dr. to take it out. I have done 2 surgeries already. Now vaginal prolapse. Blood in the urine, no intimacy in years, pain, bowel problems, back pain, pelvic pain,

etc. I have been waiting for years also for this settlement. To hear that we are only getting possibly $40k and now possibly $14k is a big disappointment to add to the depression this has caused me. Fellow mesh sufferers, I don’t think they are going to do anything about it. They won’t give up any of there approx$ 380 million. I am truly bummed and like some others say, to get another attorney will be hard. I am not giving up but feel for all of us together. I pray for a better outcome. It’s in God’s hands now for me.

15. ED says:

I just found out from my attorney’s secretary that I fall under a tear 5-b. can you please tell me exactly what this means as far as where my case is at and going, and what type of settlement they will be offering me, money wise ? The secretary also said that my case should be settled by the end of July 2015

I’m disappointed your law firm didn’t explain this to you. THATS WHY THEY ARE MAKING THEIR 40%- TO BE RESPONSIVE TO YOU! (anger there). It’s a Tier system, in other words the degree of injury. Tier 5 being the highest generally and negotiated on a case by case basis. But again, it differs among law firms, i’m not a lawyer and you should remind them you require further explanation “That’s why I am paying you xx% ” Please explain and also send me something in writing, you might say.