Attorney Mostyn Takes Boston Sci Counterfeit Mesh Issue to Scottish Parliament

Steve Mostyn and MSP Neil Findlay

Steve Mostyn and MSP Neil Findlay

Mesh Medical Device News Desk, September 19, 2016 ~

The Daily Record, a newspaper in Scotland, reports Houston attorney Steve Mostyn recently took documents to members of Scotland’s Parliament to convince them that Boston Scientific (BSC) bought  counterfeit raw mesh material from China to make its transvaginal mesh implanted in hundreds if not thousands of Scottish women.

from the Daily Record, Scotland

from the Daily Record, Scotland

Mesh News Desk has reported that BSC transvaginal mesh made since 2012 is composed of raw polypropylene resin sourced from a known counterfeiter in China.  The mesh has been tested to show high levels of the mineral selenium.

Boston Scientific supplied National Health Service (NHS) hospitals in Scotland with  its Advantage, Obtryx and Pinnacle products used to treat incontinence and prolapse in women.

Boston Scientific tells the paper the products have been rigorously tested and the documents were ‘taken out of context.”

Mostyn has filed a RICO lawsuit in federal court in Charleston, WV alleging fraud and racketeering influenced, corruption and conspiracy on the part of BSC in transvaginal mesh sales.  Teresa Stevens, a resident of WV, heads the class action.  RICO has long been used to target organized crime such as the Hell’s Angels, the Gambino family and even pedophile priests.

Read the MND story here.

Last week Mostyn traveled to Scotland and met with members of the Scottish Parliament where he presented documents from the Stevens case showing:

• When the original supplier of Marlex material, BSC name for its polypropylene, the company turned to China five years ago.
  • The raw resin comes with a warning “Do not use Phillips Sumika material in medical applications involving permanent implantation in the human body or permanent contact with internal body fluids or tissue.”
  • The mesh was supplied by Chinese company, EMAI which claims it bought the resin material from Texas and imported it to China.
  • Documents show that BSC senior executives warned colleagues against sourcing materials from China.
  • BSC bought enough resin from EMAI to last 25 years.
  • The shipping bags of Marlex had fake logos and the wrong color

Scotland has taken a lead in investigating transvaginal mesh injuries at the urging of the Scottish Mesh Survivors group as well as the front-page news reporting of Marion Scott.  It is the first country to suspend pelvic mesh implants for POP (pelvic organ prolapse) and SUI (stress urinary incontinence) pending a country-wide investigation.

1. Mary Pat says:

Yeah Scotland! You get to show the world what integrity and honesty is! Surely Scotland will do something about the criminal activities of big pharma where as the United States just turns a blind eye. Grand jury investigation, what a joke! The mesh is poison yet the U.S. Allows pharma to continue to sell it and implant it! Come on Scotland, the world is watching you. Lead the way! God bless Scotland!!!!!!!!

2. Sherr says:

At least the Scottish Authorities have some Cojones ! I HOPE our lily livered authorities who are all working for nothing except perpetuating their own jobs will grow some COJONES and follow suit. Great Example of taking responsibility!

3. Jemima Williams says:

Scottish Mesh Survivors and Campaigners are AMAZING! They have stood shoulder to shoulder and never allowed ANYONE to take them down! Scottish Parliament – Cross Party have stood by their Ladies, backing them all the way.
    The journalist Marion Scott has shone a light onto this Campaign, without her enormous efforts this Campaign, would never have been as successful. We ALL need to heed the Scottish example, get. Rhonda their ‘foot in the door’ and push like hell! Stop this evil greed and the needless torture of other women- because that is exactly what a failed mesh implant is, a medieval torture device.
    Thank you to ALL of those great men and women whom are shouting about this from the rooftops in order to raise awareness of this crime against humanity.

You all are a tremendous example of how unity can move forward into the light of day a horrendous atrocity against women. I’m proud of you.

4. charrie says:

Dear Jane . I am so glad SOMEONE is standing up for us I have done everything my doctors have ask me to do…. I wish you would go on my face book page I have changed my eating habits. I’ve quit Smoking I have lost weight I have to Give God the glory for this … But it still doesn’t change the sad Sad Fact. Because of Boston Scientific I still hurt everyday & Most of all I can Never Have a Husband… Boston Scientific I dare you to go on my face book Page in since 2010 my Family is on there my friend are on my page … No Boyfriend… Just look at me on face book… Its not fare. My doc stated to me Sex is not an option for me… You tell me Boston Scientific.. What Can you do for me? I’m pretty Now But All You Can Do is look at Me .. You Can’t Touch Me… I’m still going to Doctor every 2 weeks but I will not let you bring me down anymore I want Justice I will never give up on my Case and My Lawyers Will not Either Thank you Jane for Being our Voice in this world. Love Charrie I hope someone will see this post !!! Thank you God for giving me the Power to Stand Another Day!!!

5. Kitty says:

ASHMA…check out Dr. WEIL. I USE Mullen tea when I have exacerbation..use 4 times per day..seep for 5 minutes covered. Get 100% mullen ..at health food store only.