Young Mesh-Injured Woman from the Northeast Looking for Help

Independent news group logo   170Like so many, this woman has been told not to speak up.  We respect that. It is possible her case will go to trial and she will be deposed.  So she will remain anonymous. If you have any helpful doctors in the Northeast, please let her know. She is suffering…Your comments are welcome!

I, like so many others, have been, and continue to, go thru HELL. I am in my 40’s now and have to live w chronic renal failure, and anemia that began in January after another major corrective surgery.

I am currently running on the low side again, and under doctors care. This will continue forever, anything, such as future surgeries may shut my kidneys down.

This is in addition to the MULTITUDE of other issues that began quite literally, the day after my implant. I have lost count on the number of uti/kidney infections that I have endured. Those infections have filled my kidneys with infection stones, blasting failed and I deal w constant kidney pain from the many stones and damage. I have had 6 corrective surgeries to date, I have another procedure this week to remove a large pelvic hematoma…looks like I have had some internal bleeding. My guess is pieces of the POISON is causing more internal damage.

This bleed/hematoma blasted thru my abdomen with such force I felt like My insides were tearing, and I actually developed a large bruise on my lower abdomen. About two months after my implant I developed a form of psoriatic rheumatoid arthritis where EVERY SINGLE joint in my entire body swelled , and were so painful I could not move, this flares constantly. I have nerve damage and constant pain. I’ve had the mesh wear thru my vagina multiple times, so you can feel it, any sort of intimacy with me is dangerous…who wants that?!

I am now going thru a difficult divorce…and the financial hardships…I go to work everyday, but this has effected my work performance and then the constant doctors appts…my employers think I need to file disability, I guess that’s a nice way of saying we don’t want you anymore?

All this from mesh. I had two issues taken care of with my implant, I had a cystocele and a rectocele repaired. The only concern, or worry, was about the rectocele because this would be a 2nd repair and he was worried about which “fix” to go with. The cystocele was nothing, “get the sling and you’re good to go”. I had to have my first corrective surgery just two months later at which point this surgeon told me that my issues were “above his realm of expertise” and I needed to find a new doctor. How nice. Basically, he implanted me with POISON and then set me free. This needs to STOP, not one more.

And for those of us that have been victimized by these mesh makers, we need help. I don’t want to live like this. I wasn’t given a choice, or information. I want this POISON out of me, I have too much living left to do.

1. Disgusted says:

Oh, I am so sorry for your suffering. Kidney issues are not uncommon with mesh injuries. Dr.’s Miklos and Moore are located out of Atlanta and have experience in removing mesh. I have heard mixed comments about them. They did help Amy Gezon, who has been shown on this site. I’ve heard that they do not have good bed side manners. Which to me is secondary to getting help. I believe it would help to get the mesh out as it is poisonous to our bodies. It degrades. Think about the fact that microwaving plastic wrap is carcinogenic. Microwaving breaks down the plastic. Our bodies break down the polypropylene. I know kidney damage is a huge concern for surgery and you would need someone very experienced. Dr. Raz has a lot of experience, but he is on the West Coast and is probably not within your reach. Plus the complications you are mentioning might prevent him from operating. I too have developed anemia and I will say that seeing a hematologist will help with that. They can give you an iron infusion and find out exactly what is going on with your blood. Unfortunately it seems that you do not have a good support system and going through a divorce adds to the stress. If you are able to get the mesh removed – make sure it is all taken out at once. It is a very hard surgery, but it prevents the mesh from migrating into other organs. Once cut it moves around more freely as the pieces are smaller. It can also fray. My heart breaks for you, as it seems you’re caught in a catch 22. Have they put you on daily macrobid or macrodantin to ward off the infections? The stones are usually formed around mesh that gets into the bladder, I haven’t heard of this causing kidney stones (which doesn’t mean it doesn’t). They are writing the book on us. I have heard of many women who have come down with autoimmune disorders after mesh implantation. Getting it out would be a first step in quieting that down. I will pray for you, wish I could do more.

• Jan Urban says:

OMG it has always trouble me when a man’s reaction to his wife, significant other health has taken a downward spiral and they are so selfish to make it about themselves. The poor little babies crying because we can’t do for them what we once did. These kind of men apparently do not remember their vows or maybe just once to think about someone else. Unbelievable. I so sorry and my heart goes out to these women. So far I am fortunate that my husband is trying. I had spoiled him rotten and never for a moment did I mind doing it. He just turns a blind eye on the many things that are not done these days. I can’t do them, I have tried.

• Jan Urban says:

For the past week I have been writing to the woman senators and congresswomen. All my attempts to request a Congressional Investigation into the Mesh Manufacturers have fallen upon a deaf ear. My address is in Ohio. They do not respond to correspondence from other states and a form letter is sent and no one reads the contents. I spent hours and hours composing these emails. My computer skills are null, I have trouble saving and forwarding etc.. Lets just say I stink at this. Well whats new. We have been ignored for years. I’ll keep trying and I will be heard. Oh, I do have an advocate with both my senator and congressman here in Ohio. I just wanted these women senators and congresswoman to join us and support our efforts to ban this device. Not this attempt.

• Carly says:

My Dr is in Baltimore Maryland……..she is wonderful…she removed my mesh.. Dr Michelle Germain.

Any question please feel free to call me …..410-446-8454 Carly Good Luck

2. Bev says:

Go see Dr Raz at UCLA. He accepts Medicaid. He is the only one that I know that can remove ALL plus anchors.

He did that for me. When he is in your room it is like God entered the room. You can stay at Treverton House for $30.00 per day. Treverton serves a no charge excellent breakfast.

It will take 2 plane trips one for consult the other for surgery.

Do not allow a partial removal it will only cause additional issues.

Good luck;

Bev

• Bev says:

Do not think a plane trip to west coast as costing more than going to someone on the east coast. It does not.

Compute to cost of travel, lodging and meals to travel to LA.

Also if you are on Medicaid they have a not so well known program to pay for your trip. You must convince them that no one in your state can remove mesh. I did that successfully by asking that desk to refer me to someone in state to do a total removal. One day later lady called and approved money for travel, meals and a medical assistant of your choice to go with you to help. That assistant can be boy friend, relative or whom ever you chose.

My out of picket to see Dr Raz was zero.

• Bev says:

By the way my husband when having sex with me would finish with cuts on his penis so deep it would take 10 days to heal it.

Doctors would say mesh is not the problem. Non stop infections again mesh is not the problem. Painfull sex but it is not the mesh. Tired all the time but mesh is not the problem. Pain down the butt into leg but mesh is not the problem. Could hardly bend over walk or just daily functions but mesh was not the cause. One doctors solution was to kill some nerves now no sensation if having sex but it is not the mesh. Admitted to hospital 3 times for a kidney that the dr said looked like hamburger inside but he would not blame the mesh. Been to a lot of Drs in southern Idaho and Utah not one of them would blame mesh. WHY??? Doctors used to speak the truth as they knew it. They don’t speak the truth in regards to mesh. The evidence is absolutely clear on the dangers of mesh. The rate of complications is much higher than Drs or the FDA admit to. We all know but WHY? Don’t tell me it is about the money because it is going to cost a lot of money to fix all of these lawsuits.

It is interesting that after all of this the mesh does not even fix the problem it was intended for.

I have had 4 operations to try to solve problems. No solution till Dr Raz did 5th operation.

3. Jane R. says:

I’ve been fighting to get disability for 3 years. The last letter from SSDI said the acknowledged the surgery has caused complications but as long as I can walk I should be able to work. If they only knew how long in the morning it takes me to function.

• Bev says:

I can assure you that you will need a disability attorney. I finally got mine by calling my congressman.

• Jane R. says:

Thanks Bev,

I think it’s hospital policy to not get involved in making any statements or reports on the mesh. I was there today and posted what she said.

I lost my first SSDI application & appeal with an attorney.

I’m now on my second application and was denied and now in reconsideration. I did meet with my Congressman 2 weeks ago and explained what has happened with these surgeries and lawsuits.

Maybe he can help me down the road, I don’t know.

Hopefully something works out. 🙁

• Bev says:

She definitely made statements regards mesh.

It is safe.

My problem needed help from a mental professional.

She ignored mesh protruding vaginal wall. Said she could not find. My husband found it no problem. Dr Raz found it with in 10 secs.

So she must have violated hospital policy by supporting mesh. How do you do your job if you can not comment on mesh one way or the other?

This whole thing confuses me how you can get an entire industry to get behind a product that has a 30% failure rate. When it fails it causes disabling after effects.

If a car had this kind of after effect it would be recalled in a New York minute.

Yet FDA and entire government sits by and watches.

I will put my soap box away now.

Bev

4. Jane R. says:

Don’t go away Bev you have a lot of knowledge. Was Dr. Raz the only doctor that said the mesh caused problems for you. Both my uro gyn and my pain management center doctors told me they do not get involved in SSDI.

So I cannot get a doctor to say that

1. the mesh causes pain (scar tissue must be pinching)

2. the surgery caused nerve damage

3. I cannot sit for more than 15 minutes

4. Cannot lift 10 lbs

5. Cannot walk or drive etc.

• Bev says:

Until Dr Raz I was unable to get any dr to cooperate. They were united with the mesh manufactures.

I have found one Doctor to break ranks. He is Dr. Gregerson in Nampa, Id. He now refuses to use mesh. Too many complications after surgury. He is now a follower and study of Dr. Raz. One small crack in the syndicate. Google him.

A mesh attorney in Utah may be able to help get SSDI. His name is Rhome Zibrowski, Salt Lake, Ut. Mention my name.

Call Dr Raz’s office tomorrow and get appointment. Worst case latter you can cancel. He is about 3 months out. My appointment was made in June for an oct. Appointment , surgury was then done in Feb. He will make a difference in you life.

• Carly says:

Hi Jane R, I have Pudental Nerve Damage which affects my sitting , standing and walking……….I can sit, stand and walk for about 20/30 mins on a good day and I don’t have many of them at all…….most of my days is in bed…… that has been since my surgery on the nerve……I have not driven my car in about 21/2 yrs. My Urogyn is great she filled out all my paper work for SSDI……I’m still waiting for a court date. What state do you live? Good Luck Jane and Bev

5. Jane R. says:

Thanks I will give Rhome a call. He is the attorney that signed me up for the mesh lawsuit.

He recommended the University doctors. But I don’t think I have ever asked him about SSDI.

I do have a second attorney for the SSDI application that I submitted in April. He’s good. But

our finances are so poor right now and copays are over $4,000 this year for me. Not so good

on the marriage.