Welcome to Mesh Medical Device News Desk, aka Mesh News Desk

mesh news 150Mesh News Desk, March 2016 ~ If you are new to the mesh mess you have come to the right place.

There are about 100,000 lawsuits currently filed in the U.S. to address the injuries that come from pelvic mesh.  You may know in 2008, after thousands of reports of complications came into the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the FDA declared mesh complications were “rare.”   By mid-2011 the FDA reversed that stance and said complications were “not rare.”

If you are one of the unlucky ones who has a complication, which can occur at any time, you may not agree that a pelvic mesh sling is the “Gold Standard” the term still used by some doctors to explain mesh slings.

Listen to Project Censored interview your editor recently.  They asked very good questions. Listen here.

What’s very disturbing is the doctors who have been advised not to use polypropylene mesh as a first-line repair, are still doing so.  We have been told by women recently implanted that doctors say things like “it’s not the same mesh,” or the troublesome mesh “has been recalled.”   Frankly, these things are not true. Besides manufacturers quietly removing some polypropylene mesh from the market for  “economic reasons,” most remain on the market.

See the story “Top 10 Myths Women are Told Today about Pelvic Mesh” Here

If you are told you need polypropylene mesh to correct prolapse or incontinence, you will need to direct your own medical care and be a truly informed consumer. We hope these pages help you toward that goal.

For those of you considering having a pelvic mesh implant, or a hernia mesh implant for that matter, please ask your doctor if he or she knows how to do an alternative procedure.  Unless and until one can predict who will react negatively, the Precautionary Principle is advised.  jane three

These pages will attest to that.

New Design

You may have noticed a new design on the website.  MND is advertising a new partner, Sundown Marketing. David Moyers of Sundown to help those of you who are suffering complications find a lawyer.  He has been doing this a long time and the first question anyone asks is how do I find and choose a lawyer. Moyers can help with that.  Long-time readers who are already represented will not be impacted by the change.   You will also see additional stories that review the basics of how we got here.   That will help the new readers get up to speed, as many readers have been following the issue for a long time.

Onward Friends!

Jane Akre, Editor,  Mesh News Desk

Please sign up for the Mesh Newsletter to keep you up on the latest. Here.

1. Tammy J says:

Thank you Jane for all you do.

God Bless.

2. stopmeshimplants says:

Thank you, Jane. Without you and this website people harmed by mesh would not know where to begin in researching this mesh mess. I am grateful and appreciative of all the news you bring to us.

3. Mamohio (sad & disappointed) says:

Jane can you email the first names of women or men who have passed contributed to this mesh? I would like to just honor their names on my poster board for the rally. They cant be with us in body but I want them to be their with us in spirit. If not, that’s ok too. I will find a way to honor them respectively. Thank you!

I’m aware of two women but the MAUDE database has more… maybe they do not want to be named? Ask Robert Fish if you can name his mother? Anyone know Joy P?

• Angela Ryals says:

Hi my name is Angela iam a mesh victim since 2007 serval surgery but would like to go to rally in April I live in ga if u know any contacts in my area like to attend contact me need information on rally never been thanks Angela Ryals 912-258-1398

4. Mamohio (sad & disappointed) says:

I don’t know Robert Fish or Joy P. But anyone reading this would like their loved remembered and join us at the Apr 11 rally please do so. I would honor them by first name only. If not, I will still honor them by attending and standing up for them in spirit. God bless!

5. Jamie says:

I have been hearing about this pelvic mesh fiasco for years and have wondered if perhaps the same problems have occurred with hernia mesh, but this is the first site I’ve seen where someone actually made mention of the hernia mesh being a big problem as well. Can you enlighten me with some of the key symptoms, please? I had an upper abdominal hernia repair done with a mesh “patch” about 13 years ago. Haven’t had any really big problems, but I can feel that the mesh has begun to fail. I just figured this was normal; that maybe these things had a certain life-span and then needed to be replaced, but if they actually cause greater harm than just simply tearing apart, I definitely need to know. Any knowledge you could share with me would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jamie- You might want to call Bruce Rosenberg 954-701-5094 who is hernia mesh injured and has a nonprofit. He knows all about mesh, treatments and procedures etc. Good luck