Welcome MAM – Mesh Awareness Movement Gathers Women in Support

MAMMAM Mesh Awareness Movement

This section is dedicated to all the mesh victims, their families and supporters specifically for organizing, discussing, planning or anything else related to the Mesh Awareness Movement.

This includes dates, times and locations for peaceful MAM gatherings, creating MAM media awareness ideas and sharing links, volunteering, networking, etc etc.

We need to rally together, all the victims, family members and supporters to organize peaceful and supportive gatherings showing our many faces, reminding them (Judges, Defense Attorneys, Mesh Manufacturers and our Attorneys) that we are not just case numbers!

I understand we are not to speak of the details of our case, but we CAN be seen! We don’t need to yell or hold up offending signs. Our presence alone is enough to send the powerful message we need. STANDING TOGETHER, UNITED IN SUPPORT.

J&J awareness, April 2014, Courtesy: Corporation Action Network

J&J awareness, April 2014, Courtesy: Corporation Action Network

I am not asking anyone or suggesting in any way that we jeopardize the outcome of our cases. Anyone uncomfortable about this can simply BE PRESENT at one of the gatherings and not say a word. If we stand together, I truly believe we can make a positive difference.

There are several ways we can do this.

I know most of you are like me, in pain and struggling financially or drowning in debt which makes it difficult to commit to expensive travel or you’re in too much pain to make the journey to West Virginia. Perhaps there’s a solution, all those able could gather at your own state capitol building on July 12th and/or 13th. I’m sure there are enough victims, family members and supporters to cover every state in this country! And if we can get news coverage… even better!

For those who physically can’t make it to their state capitol, we are working on ideas to get you there in spirit. You will not be left out. But first and most importantly, MAM needs volunteers. If you want to help but you’re in too much pain to move, we’ll find a way for you to be a part of this movement from your bed or chair. No one will be left out. You can remain anonymous or use a fictional name, whatever makes you comfortable. I’m volunteering myself to help organize all of this because I’m tired of being stagnate! But I sure could use some help, I have the willingness but not all the “know how” for social communication and media coordinating so I’m asking for volunteers to be on the steering committee. We’ll also need a volunteer from each state to be the lead contact for that state. This will get us started.

Currently we are working on MAM gatherings for Sunday, July 12th 2015 at the State Capitols and Monday, July 13th 2015 at the State Capitols and at the Courthouse for the opening day of the Bellwether Trial in West Virginia.

New Brunswick, NJ, April 2014 gathering

New Brunswick, NJ, April 2014 gathering

We are also working on; MAM ribbons that we can all proudly wear, maybe made from black mesh fabric with a purple felt heart in the middle? (Volunteers and ideas still required) MAM quilt made from squares of fabric donated by and representing each and every victim. This quilt will be taken to the courthouse in West Virginia on July 13th and held with honor. (Volunteers needed to collect/receive all the fabric squares donated by the victims, and volunteers needed with sewing machines to sew them together) MAM is for all of us!

Your ideas, suggestions and opinions are the heartbeat of this movement. I consider myself blessed to be a part of it and I’m looking forward to sharing in the love and support of all the others involved in the Mesh Awareness Movement. Yes MAM Lets do something! Lisa (Florida). Write:  meshawarenessmovement@gmail.com

1. Mari says:

So very appreciative of you for the taking the lead and setting the example for the rest of us to follow. The Banners are really effective.

Is it possible to get camera ready art for banners? How about a slogan that also addresses surgical mesh for all? (not just for women) and different ones for each manufacturer? is there possibly a graphic artist, marketing background person who would donate slogans and banner artwork for each manufacturer (down loadable) so we could send them to local printers to use at the rallys? I and others would likely donate money for printing these banners even if I couldn’t attend.

• Lisa (Florida) says:

Hi Mari, graphic art is a hobby of mine and I have a great program to work with and can provide the high resolution artwork needed for any size banner and I’m willing to make whatever type of banner artwork needed and email it. Then it can be copied to a stick and taken to the printer, ready to print. Just let me know……..

• zoggy (ohio) says:

Yes we can go to Build A Banner. They are very nice and a good price. I used then for all my sons coming home event’s when he was in the military. But we have to get the orders in now. OHIO WOMEN CONTACT ME!

2. tammy says:

I’ve. Been going thew hell the last six years of my life just trying to get better hopeing that my life will get better at this point i was thinking that money. Was going to help me but the lies an the disrespectful. People i have had to put up with is just not worth it anymore to me i was told once going threw this hell that the money that we get would not change my life what the hell was that supost to mean i never got any money just tarment that changed my life six years of this im done i dont want there dam money anymore. thank you so much Jane for letting me vent on here im done i can not wait to get this mesh night mare of of my life an the lies. No money is worh this damn tarment im done i just pray that god will help me get over this for now on because all i have felt is the devil threw all this im a human animals get treated better this is crazy im not going anywhere im sick an these people do not care wether we live are die im on it now for sure it is so time to rid myself. From this madness im fireing an i will not be hireing for what good luck ladies what ever you all. Do im done.

3. Tammy ( KY) says:

Lisa, great work lady. I’m here and you know how to reach me. I’ll be in WV, July 13. There is a few of us from Ky that plan in being there. Let me know what you need me to do. God bless all you wonderful ladies.

4. id like to be the lead for my state…this horrible product needs to be condemned and all suffering compensated..every day it seems to be a little worse im afraid what ill be like in 6 months..

• Lisa (Florida) says:

Jerry, thank you so much for volunteering! Your efforts will help us move forward with this nightmare. Please email me and let me know what state you’d like to lead so I can put you down as the main contact for that state. And like Tammy said, there is a light, hang in there a little longer. Blessings. meshawarenessmovement@gmail.com

5. i am a man and in my eyes it doesnt matter if u have this crap inside of you…it hurts…jobs lost…life lost..the daily agony and the always turned away…sick of hearing nothing iscwrong with me..i feel the clumps of tissue surrounding the intanglement.of mesh..has anyone had any luck of pain management for this?? i need a ligit prescription..that i cancafford..the price i pay for releif is three times what i make..and my family has to suffer financially..ive thot of just exterminating myself to lift the burdon of money …

• zoggy (ohio) says:

Way to step up Jerry! Welcome!

• I’m so sorry for your pain & suffering Jerry !! My heart goes out yo uou & your family . I too have considered the same thing to help my family . The bills & Dr.’s & hospital co pays & deductables are so hard to pay . I only have Medicare ins. now . I’m sure we are not alone in our thoughts of worthlessness. I was really bad last week I faught the mental thoughts of easing on out of here but I couldn’t get my mind off my grandchildren . My daughter died at age 31 from breast cancer . I just couldn’t cause them any more pain than they are already going threw . They stay so worried about me especially when I’m in bed for weeks at a time, walk drawed over, cry often . I have be one so reclusive & I’m sure you have too . I do hope one day we are awarded some money to at least clear up some of these debts we have incurred . God bless you Jerry & thanks for standing up for all of our rights !!

6. Tammy ( KY) says:

Please keep faith Jerry, the truth is coming to light. God be with you.

7. Lisa (Florida) says:

8. Dawn says:

Hello I am a 42 and had surgery in 2009 for years had a slow decline of issues and went to all different doctors finally came to the conclusion it’s the mesh that was placed inside me years ago I live in New Jersey and having a difficult time finding a doctor who could properly remove this I do have insurance but can’t afford to fly to UCLA or anywhere to get this out I’m looking to see if anyone can refer a doctor near New Jersey or Philadelphia I am sick and tied of not living my life I miserable all the time in pain all the time and get so embarrassed when those stabbing pains happen in front of strangers my coworkers are aware so they are use to it and feel bad but again can’t find doctor to do it. My kids are teenagers and I’m get to g worse everyday with pain I never let them see me cry but they can see it all over my face I use to be the mom who went to all there games and cheered them on now I stay at home cause the pain is so unbearable people who aren’t dealing don’t know so hard to explain. I pray everyday that God will let today be pain free and to send a doctor close by to help if anyone can help with name of doctor pleAse help life shouldnt be this hard

• Tammy ( KY) says:

Dawn, what state are you in? Jane has doctors names that can help. I’m in Ky,

• Dawn says:

I live in cherry hill New Jersey

• Tammy ( KY) says:

Dawn, Sorry just saw NJ in first post. I would email and ask Jane if she knows of doctor in NJ. I do in Ky and Indiana. I’m praying for you….be blessed

• Terri says:

Dawn, I don’t know of any removal Dr’s in NJ qualified to remove mesh.. I went from NJ to St. Louis to Dr. Veronikis. I did see a Uro/Gyn in NJ that did actually send a report to my primary that the vaginal pain was from where my mesh ruptured ( He at least admitted that in writing)-shocker- but, he also still puts mesh in women and pushes it..I’ll never as long as I live forget his words regarding his attempt to remove mesh.. He said it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Sickening & they should be put in JAIL that these surgeons will put mesh in women without having the skill to successfully remove it.

9. Lisa (Florida) says:

TAKE ACTION, SIGN THE PETITIONS

Jane and the others have dedicated themselves for many years and many MANY hours paving the path that has made it easier for us to become informed and find each other so we come together as this present time for the support we need and the information to help us help ourselves. I’m sure, like me, you are forever and deeply grateful for their dedication and hard work. So, lets not sit idle and let the others make all the effort that we all benefit from and then complain because its not being done fast enough for us. If YOU want to see results, then YOU must make an effort to get involved!! No one can do this for you, only you can. It is extremely IMPORTANT! I can’t stress this enough.

It takes just a couple minutes of your time and its very easy to do, just click on the links below and sign the petitions that were created for YOU and YOUR situation. Then, ask your families and friends to sign them as well, share the links on any social media you can, Facebook, Twitter, etc. PLEASE! You must take action in order to get a reaction.

My words are not meant to be harsh or offend anyone, its truly not. It comes from my heart with the sense of urgency we need to act.

I simply want to stress the importance of each and every one of us to sign these petitions. If you have already done so, CHEERS to you and THANK YOU so very much! If you haven’t……

Click on each of these links below to sign the petitions and letters we desperately need;

and if you know of any other sites needing signatures, please post the links for us to sign them as well.

10. Yay! Let’s create a movement just as big as the mess mesh has made ! Stand up and be heard show them we are people not just case numbers ……hi I’m Tonia and I’m checking in for Mississippi MAM.MS Tonia on meet up I will do my best to keep this moving forward Feel free to email me at 24ktonia@gmail.com if you are in Mississippi I am painfully aware that doctors in my state are turning a blind eye to our suffering ,…we are not going to go away !

11. Anon Advocate says:

The TRUTH…..

From an advocate for mesh victims;

Get involved! Don’t be afraid. You CAN post your names and your photos and voice your opinion as long as you do not discuss the personal details of your case or post something that could harm your case. As Jan Urban so eloquently said in a previous post dated March 23, 2015

“The only conversations that would hurt your cases would be. “Went out for a morning jog, 5 miles” “Planted the potato’s and peas this morning” Like any of us could possibly do that. Hell just to get a glass of water is sheer torture.”

So… do not be afraid to sign a petition, voice your anger, show up at a peaceful MAM rally even if your sitting in a chair, show another victim compassion and support or ask for it yourself.

Sitting quietly and waiting has gotten you no where and is giving your attorneys exactly what they want; more time to accumulate more hours and expenses on YOUR case taking money out of YOUR pocket that will go into HIS bank account. Of course they want you to stay quiet! Wake-up people!

Your attorney gets paid by the billable hours dedicated to your case, the longer they can drag it out with unnecessary correspondence, motions, schedule frivolous conferences, hearings, phone calls, etc the more money they make!

Think about it, if you signed a job contract making $250 per hour or more, (and that’s what was done when you signed the papers hiring your attorney to work for you) would you be in a hurry to end that contract or would you drag it out as long as you possibly could? Most people would.

And the Defense attorneys are no different. They are doing the exact same thing to their clients. I’ve seen this many times over in status hearings I’ve attending where the Judge had to verbally slap their hands and demand that they move the case along.

It appears to me that Judge Goodwin is beyond that point and has done that.

Lets enforce his actions, lets tell them to move the case along too. We’ve waited long enough!

First off, we need to be seen, everywhere, anywhere and whenever we can, we need to be in their faces constantly. Thru all the social media including; websites, blog posts, facebook, twitter, meetup, youtube, etc. We need to organize and GO TO rallies. We need to flood the media with all the MAM information we can in order to create a tsunami that the media, Attorneys and manufacturers can’t ignore!

Get active any way you can and if you don’t know where to start, just post something on here offering to help however you can. I’m sure someone will snatch up your offer in no time. It’s time to come together and finish this mesh/mess they started!

• zoggy (ohio) says:

Thank you Anon Advocate. We need to all show up in numbers so they will believe it is a problem. J & J will take years unless we turn io the heat. Please ladies of Ohio. I will pay for the banner and posters just I need a commitment that you will support? We have nothing to lose but everything to gain. We wont get our health back but shouldn’t we do this for our future women? Text me 7409721885 or email me cleveland_browns43342@hotmail.com for our rally May 7 in Columbus Ohio. If I need to get a permit someone let me know. COME ON LADIES BRING YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. Or if you have any ideas let me know. I’m sick of doing nothing!

12. MeshSad says:

I am in Texas. I need to find othe mesh women in state.

13. zoggy (ohio) says:

I agreed to lead Ohio for a rally at the capitol building on May 7 from 11 to 2. I will get a nearby hotel meeting room for us to meet first and talk about what we will doing. Do I have to get a permit? Anyone know where? Bring your own things you want to use as props. I will also make up poster boards for us to use. I think May 7 is good cause it is on a weekday where capitol building workers are coming in and out. Lunch time especially plus it is right before Mothers Day. I will contact the news channels and newspapers. I need some commitments from anywhere Ohio or any other States. I also wrote a letter to Dr. Phil so if you all can send a message to Dr. PHIL maybe he will do a story? The more people who write in will get his attention. We can keep our faces covered if we want to be anonymous. Text me 7409721885 if you are willing to participate. Email your ideas or suggestions cleveland_browns43342@hotmail.com bring friend’s family members etc. Let me know if you can make it and how many people. Listen it is going to be years before J & J settle if at all. We have to pull out all the stops! Who is with me on the MAM rally list?

• Lisa (Florida) says:

Zoogy, Thank you so much for organizing the first Ohio MAM rally!!! When you get the “MAMOH” group setup on MeetUp, could you please post it on here so we can keep all the contact information consistent and easy to find? This way, when the Ohio women join the MeetUp group, all your news and updates go directly to their emails and they can stay informed. Thank you again for getting involved and being the Leader in Ohio! Also, I think its a great idea to contact Dr. Phil. Could you please post the mailing address for other women who want to write him as well. CHEERS!

• zoggy (ohio) says:

Just go to Dr. Phil.com and register then send lettervto Dr. PHil the more people who writebthe better chance he will do the story. I just wrote yesterday so flood it!

14. Lisa (Florida) says:

MAM NEWS*

We are currently setting up MAM groups for each state on the website Meetup.com. So far we have Ohio (MAMOH) California (MAMCA) Mississippi (MAMMS) and Florida (MAMFL). This will make it easier for the state MAM leaders to post all their news and updates in one place and it will be emailed directly to everyone in their states meetup group. In addition, please post all your state news and updates HERE as well.

Also, MeetUp is a uniform way to find (or refer someone to) your states MAM group. If your from Texas and you can’t find MAMTX in MeetUp, then we are still waiting for someone to volunteer for that state.

Thank you so very much to all those who have stepped up and taken the MAM Lead in their states. But we still have a long way to go! Any more Volunteers?

15. dinta says:

How do you work Meet Up? Unable to find the groups very interested

16. I am in Kansas. And I also want to find other victims in my State,.

• Dawn says:

I live in south jersey and would love to take to someone in my state who gets it

• Terri says:

Dawn, I am also in South Jersey, 40 minutes from Philly. I know a few others whom also live nearby.

• Dawn says:

If you want send me an email would love to connect with someone who actually gets what I am going through at Askbelievereceive7@ Gmail. Com

• Dawn says:

Hello all today is a horrible day the pain is so bad has anyone found anything to minimize the pain until I can have this removed besides taking pain medication any home remedies just to get to work I’m single parent that has a boyfriend but needs to go work everyday and lately each day is more painful then the day before any suggestions would be helpful if this is wrong forum to ask I apologize but this is the first place I found with people like myself thank you

17. Miss T says:

I am in Ohio. Will gladly go to W, as well as Columbus OH, July 12 -13. Don’t want to publish my contact info on the web. How do I get it to you? Thank you for stepping up and organizing.

18. Miss T says:

Sorry, typo, meant to say would go to West Virginia, as well as Columbus, OH

19. Mesh Nightmare says:

*****DATE HAS CHANGED****

Bellwether Trials

Updated 3/27/2015

The trial in Edwards v. Ethicon, Inc., et al., 2:12-cv-09972, has been rescheduled from July 13, 2015 to August 24, 2015, at 8:30 a.m.

20. Mary says:

My name is Mary have prayed for this moment just ask God for how I would be able to be a voice in Nashville, TN. Count me in to head a rally in my city. I have lived in mesh hell for 13 years and counting. God is able just tell me how to get started. I’m ready to go. And going to do everything in my might to have a bus load of women in WV in July. DREAM WORK TAKES WORK

21. Mary says:

My name is Mary have prayed for this moment just ask God for how I would be able to be a voice in Nashville, TN. Count me in to head a rally in my city. I have lived in mesh hell for 13 years and counting. God is able just tell me how to get started. I’m ready to go. And going to do everything in my might to have a bus load of women in WV in July. DREAM WORK TAKES TEAM WORK!!!

22. MAMOH says:

OHIO women please go to my meetup.com and you will find my site. I have initiated the first meetings with response times to RSVP so that we can get started. MAMOH Mesh Awareness Movement. Come on Buckeye state join us, you can bring family and friends. The more the better.

23. MAMOH says:

I have my meetup.com site set up for all my Buckeye State Women. Please go there to find the latest details. I would like to gather your input there. It doesn’t cost you anything to sign up but I will communicate thru meetup. Come on make Ohio Proud. Family members and friends are welcome. We have a lot to do so I need your commitments! Thanks!

24. Tammy ( KY) says:

Good Morning Ladies, Are we meeting in WV August 24? Have we set a date to Rally the states? Would like to be apart of WV and state meeting. Lisa, I can help with Ky, for you. Can’t wait to meet you in WV. Praying for healing and justice for all of us. God bless.

25. Lisa (Florida) says:

Sunday, August 23rd and Monday, August 24th are the official MAM Rally Dates, unless they change the trial date again. MAM Rallies will be held at the courthouse in WV and nation wide at each state capitol building.

I will be attending the MAM rally in WV.

Meetup groups are being created (on Meetup.com) for each state participating. Tammy if you would like to create the meetup group for MAMKY, that would be awesome! And THANK YOU!

We all need to stay synchronized on this date in order to get the most turnout and the media attention we need!

Some of the State MAM leaders are also organizing additional rallies (MAMOH for example). If you would like to get involved, please check Meetup.com for your States MAM rally details, carpool info, etc.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to post them on here or you can always contact me directly and I’ll be happy to answer anything I can or put you in contact with your state MAM leader.

meshawarenessmovement@gmail.com

Love, Support and Blessings to all those Suffering

26. Lisa (Florida) says:

Suggestions Needed Please

I just found out the Meetup.com is no longer FREE to organizers. The minimum charge is $9.99 per month.

Does anyone know of a similar site that we can use to organize the MAM rallies? OR does everyone want to keep all communications here?

• Lisa I created the group on face book for my page but it is possible to create a profile for MAM as a meeting place and a place to post information on our cause and its free and can be seen by millions ….I requested for people to post An image and statement but it can be any image such as a flower as long as we keep it pg or just post a statement we just need to let them no we are here and we won’t go away thankyou lisa MAM mesh awareness movement on my Fb page at tia Christie or email me at 24ktonia@gmail.com

• zoggy (ohio) says:

I think we should forget about social media and just list our emails or phone numbers and then do group texts or batch emails. I think that is why the July 13 got delayed. Isn’t that the day the FDA in 2011 announced its warning of the hazards? Or Jane do you know the reason. I think States should keep July 13 for our rallies. No one can delay us unless we cant get our permits which I am still waiting.Weekdays well be seen by capitol leaders and news channels. Just like btw 10 to 2 pm lunch time. Then WV in Aug. What do you all think? I was thinking on the pieces of fabric or whatever one wants to send if they are too sick we can glue to our big banner. Just have your message on it. I think sewing the pieces will be too much work. If we had more enthusiasm from people we could move mountains but its just not happening. I’m sorry Jane that you do so much work and we aren’t all a United front behind you. I just don’t get it? Maybe you all don’t want to risk your case’s if so they say so. My lawyer me to use my freedom of speech. It will be years b4 J&J will settle. They have enough money to wait us out. No amount of money will make us whole again. I think being seen and heard will give us great satisfaction and a movement in the RIGHT direction instead of no direction at all. JANE HELP ME RALLY THE TROOPS OR WOMEN JUST BE HONEST WHY YOU ARENT SUPPORTING. I will to countermeasure every reason you can come up with. I am willing to use the last $ I have to help our voices be heard. Why no commitments. We are going to regretnnot doing anything. MAMOH

What can I do to facilitate meetups? I can send out stories on Twitter, which I’m already doing. August seems like the consensus for the next national meeting….. thank you…

• Ronald James says:

Jane, if you are getting anyone for Charleston, wv together, then count my mother, my sister and me in. Just say when. 🙂

27. Hi fellow MAM supporters I need your help ….its time we showed our faces …let them see their victims .,or at least an image …..

I have created a Facebook group for MAM so I need each of you to join its easy just go to MAM (MESH AWARENESS MOVEMENT ) POST AN IMAGE AND A STATEMENT ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL ..NO CASE DETAILS JUST GENERAL STATEME

NT LIKE AND SHARE IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO POST YOUR PICTURE AND COMMENT PLEASE EMAIL IT TO ME AT 24ktonia@gmail.com as well as questions ..please take a stand join me in showing we are people and we won’t be ignored .,…… MAM.MS tonia

• Lisa (Florida) says:

Thank you Tia! I’ll be the first to post a photo!

I’m sure the Atty’s have seen every photo I/we have on FB any way…. and it sure can’t hurt!

I think its a great idea. I hope more women step out of the shadows and stand strong!

28. Or you can find me at Tia Christie on Facebook

29. zoggy (ohio) says:

So are we not using Meetup? I will try to get my $86 back and put towards a banner or posterboard. I would rather we group text so that these lawyers cant postpone trial dates like this last one. I am planning some great items but only 2 women from Ohio. Pretty sad 🙁 Injustice somewhere is a threat to justice everywhere – MLK JR

• Lisa (Florida) says:

Zoogy, please check your email. I sent several emails to you regarding the Meetup.com fees, prior to your post on here. Feel free to reply to my emails. Thanks for all your efforts!

30. Angry says:

The July 13th date in WV has been changed to Aug.

31. jacqui scott says:

is there a link to join please

32. Let me know if I can help Iwill do some research tomorow and locate a nuetrel and free space for sharing info if you would like

33. Me says:

I just went to Hillary Clintons web link and sent a message letting her know there are approximately 72,000 women that are victims of mesh and asked how she thought they would all vote and for whom…. I suggested she became a voice for us she would have my vote….and I am not a democrat!!!

Here is the address….just think if we all bombarded her site with short letters….letting her know she could win that many votes by standing with us…. It’s worth a try…

34. Debc says:

I’d like to know more about this. Is there a MAM website, or FB page, or? I recently started a support group for Upstate NY too – and am hoping to find more in the NY area. I am not sure what I can do/attend – but, I’m happy to share & do what I can.

• Lisa (Florida) says:

Hi Debc, MAM is a new movement and we are currently in the process of organizing everyone. So far most communication has been done here on Janes site and personal emails, but we also setup a FB group and working on a Meetup group. It would be great to combine forces if you’d like to represent NY. Please feel free to email me and we’ll work together and share links, etc. Thanks so much and Blessings!

Lisa

meshawarenessmovement@gmail.com

35. Marlene says:

Anyone in Louisiana? Preparing for my 5 th revision surgery. The constant pain is unbearable and has taken away my life.

36. Dotsdoll Dorothy Carpentry says:

I’ll do what I can, I’m new, live in Michigan, our capital is Lansing, about 2 hours away. Also like to go to WV whenever everyone else does but I agree with Jane, should be August 24. Jane has my email and phone.

37. Lisa (Florida) says:

MAM UPDATE Can anyone make it to WV on June 2nd for the big “Status Conference” meeting? According to Judge Goodwins Order, ALL the Defendants Atty’s “with full authority to make all decisions related to the cases” and “settlement counsel (if any) for defendant(s);” will be there and i think this is the absolute BEST opportunity we have to show up in mass force and let them know just how WE feel.

They will all be there, they have to be, the Judge ORDERED it! Let’s be there too!

The Judge has given us a perfect opportunity here……

• Mesh Nightmare says:

I have no way to get up there.

• Lisa (Florida) says:

Mesh Nightmare what state are you in, maybe there’s a carpool option for you

• Mesh Nightmare says:

I’m in SWF. I emailed you last night.

• MAMOH says:

Hey Lisa Florida did you get my email? I turned the meetup Mesh page over to you. The subscritpion has been paid up for 6 mths. No need for reimbursement justvtake it and run with it. Then all the info for all women can go there for more info. Let me know if I need to change anything else. Ladies go to meetup.com and look for Mesh Awareness Movement for more from Lisa and other state reps!

• Lisa (Florida) says:

Just got it! Thanks so much MAMOH for setting us up! Right now I’m busy working on a Facebook group for us as well. I’ll shoot you a quick email tonight and THANKS AGAIN!

38. Mesh Nightmare says:

Dear MAMOH,

Thank you for setting up The Meetup Mesh page.

May I contribute?

Mesh Nightmare

39. Mesh Nightmare says:

Should we start one of those ‘Go Fund Me’ pages for MAM rally events. I will donate for that cause. Who else is in?

• MAMOH says:

I handed the Mesh Awareness Page over to Lisa for meetup.com. Lisa if we are going to do a facebook page then I don’t know if meetup is going to be utilized if we have 2 places. I know the Pharma companies are viewing facebook for sure. I can cancel and try and get some of my money back. Let me know. I still only have 2 women from Ohio so I doubt I will do any more other than I may come to the rally in WV. I’ve tried to spur some interest in Ohio, offered to pay for items out of my own pocket but still no one seems that interested, maybe that’s why the mesh survivors are starting to take a back seat to all the other problems in the world cause we just do not have enough interest. Maybe you can get some motivation, I really don’t know what else I can do other than self support the cause in my own way.

40. Lisa (Florida) says:

For all of those who have contacted me with support in organizing MAM, Mesh Awareness Movement, THANK YOU! I am currently busy working on a Facebook Group and Go Fund Me for MAM. I’ve also been working on an idea for a video, invitations to rallies, research and networking with other Mesh related groups.

As soon as the Facebook page and the Go Fund Me are up and running, I will post the links here, for all to share. I hope to have them complete by tomorrow. I just want to make sure its done properly and professionally to the best of my abilities.

Thanks again to all those who have taken an active role!

41. Lisa (Florida) says:

Here is the link to the MAM Facebook Group, this will be the primary source for rally updates and announcements. PLEASE JOIN AND SHARE! Blessings

42. MAMOH says:

The Meetup website for MAM has been closed, please go to the facebook page created. Thanks You!

43. Lisa (Florida) says:

*******MAM now has a Go Fund Me! ********

For this movement to be successful, we need to raise money to get as many victims as possible to WV on June 2nd. Please, if you are a mesh victim suffering financially like most of us are, do not donate but instead share the link on as many social media pages as possible so we can get the word out to those who can help donate to our movement. Copy and paste the link on your FB Groups or Twitter, Blogs, etc.

THANK YOU!

Love and Hugs

44. Tammy (KY) says:

Hillary Clinton champion. Office # 646-854-142, call speak to someone about what mesh has done to your life. A women running for head office should want to hear what a product has done to hurt women and men.

45. anonymous says:

I agree contacting presidential hopefuls could be a good thing I am just wondering about any meetings or other victims in South Dakota. Also I know J&J has said they will fight to the end. But what about the rest of the companies like AMS, Bard etc… Although AMS has said they are trying to settle cases I have been fighting them for a long time and I have heard nothing from my attorney about settling. They are located in Minnetonka MN. I would be glad to go to WV if I could but I cant make that long of a trip. With extra meds and a place to lay down I could make it to Minnesota. I am tired of being told hold on the end is near, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The only light I see is a train coming for me. Connie I understand about wanting to give up. Lately I have prayed to God to just take me home. If I am on pain meds I am sick to my stomach. I am on the most powerful meds you can get with out an IV. I am in pain all the time and I can do nothing. Quality of life I have none. But I can take my own life because of what I believe. But there are days I even question WHERE ARE YOU GOD, WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN. BUT I BET THE JEWS ASKED THE SAME THING AS THEY WERE BREATHING IN GAS!!!

If anyone wants to start a group in South Dakota I would be willing to do what ever I have to do. The attorneys have said to be quiet but we can still do several things with out giving our names or personal information. I am tired of waiting and waiting while my life slips away. Even if this does kill me than at least I can say I tried. Believe me ladies and gentlemen when I say AMS is talking a lie to all of you. The ones who have been hurt badly and who desperately need help have heard nothing from AMS. Until I see the cash in my hand paying me for all I have lost I say you are lying AMS! Stalling until you can do some dirty little trick to never pay us. I am willing to sit in front of their building and so what ever I can if you all think that will help. As time goes on if and that’s a big if I can make it I will go to any rallies I can to help to support you all. You all deserve so much more than you are getting. I pray for all of us.

• Lisa (Florida) says:

I understand exactly how you feel! I was also tired of sitting and waiting patiently for someone else to do my pleading BUT after years of waiting I realized, that’s not gonna happen! So, I decided to take all the anger and pain I’m suffering and redirect it into something positive and productive. I can’t just sit quietly and wait any more so I started MAM, the Mesh Awareness Movement. Please visit and join the facebook page, it has a lot of links for taking action such as; letters to Hilary Clinton, petitions to sign and dates for MAM rallies, etc. You CAN do something without jeopardizing the outcome of your case and we welcome another voice in our movement with compassion and support!

46. anonymous says:

I just sent Hillary my story and asked her to help. Maybe if we all send her emails it will catch her attention. So I am asking every one of you and your families or who ever to reach out to her. It cant hurt!!!

47. Lisa (Florida) says:

MAM Rally, Charleston West Virginia, June 2nd, 2015. I contacted the City of Charleston and found out we do NOT need a permit. However, there are guidelines we need to follow such as; No loudspeakers or amplified equipment, we cannot block or obstruct sidewalks or entrances, etc.

We CAN chant and we CAN hold signs/banners. I would love to see enough people there to line-up single, on both sides of the entrance, all the way up to the doors of the courthouse!

• Tammy ( KY) says:

Yes Lisa……I called ABC, NBC and Fox. All in Charleston and will call again week before June 2. Be blessed ladies

• Kitty says:

Many are too old and frail to demonstrate. Please dont forget the the the pioneers–the sisterhood that are unable to make it. Don’t forget them. Its also unbelievable that young women were implanted too The young ones will have to lead.

48. MAMOH says:

Lisa I will be there, I can pick up 3 women from Ohio who needs rides. We can meet somewhere off 77s. If you need a sign I will make one for you. Lisa what do you suggest the signs say? I already have 2 women that may be able to make it so I can take one more. We also need to contact the news stations there to let them know and have one spokesperson. Maybe Jane if she will be there. Im not sitting around waiting anymore. We have rights and I suggest we start exercising them.

• Lisa (Florida) says:

Great! Glad to hear you have a carpool going, so do I and same with the ladies in KY. We have contacted all the local news stations for Charleston and will do so again before the rally (Thanks to Tammy KY)

As for the Banners…

I was thinking, white background with black letters “Mesh Victims” and in smaller letters underneath in purple “Standing Together, United in Support”

That’s just an idea, you are welcome to make a banner saying anything you like, such as…

“Mesh Victims, How long do we have to suffer?”

“All Meshed Up and No Place to Go”

Just remember, we are addressing the Attys and the Judge, not the FDA or the Doctors so we want our legal adversaries to know that we are tired of waiting. Just my thoughts 🙂

49. MAMOH says:

I just wrote to Hillary I suggest we all do that. It only takes a few minutes but tell her our story maybe she will be our advocate

50. Tammy ( KY) says:

Ladies, I know thousands of women read this site everyday. I also know Attys are telling us to be still and be quite. How’s that working out for you? I say we meet June 2 in WV and stand up together. All Attys and Manufacturers will be there. A friend of my has Coloplast mesh. She was just offered 30,000. I can’t believe she was even called for that amount. Please please be your own advocate. Come meet us in WV , June 2. Let’s stand together.

• anonymous says:

$30,000 oh my god what in the world are they thinking even car accidents have a right to get their wages back and medical bills paid and all of that I don’t know if she wasn’t hurt very bad or what but this is ridiculous you go girls I can’t physically be there at all but I will be there in spirit these judges and attorneys are insane I will not settle back until they pay me everything they took from me

51. anonymous says:

I so wish I could join you all!! Tammy can you tell us anything about your friend I mean was she hurt badly why in the world would they offer $30,000 this is just insane people what they’re offering us how can we get them to understand we were hurt some of us for the rest of our lives will never be able to work again never be able to go on long car rides again never be able to do a lot of things I still want to be there with you guys I wish I could. I’m tired of waiting to have the money to pay for the medical treatment I need, to have the money to be able to have more surgeries, please God please God stop this madness and help all of us women

• Tammy ( KY) says:

Anonymous, You will be with us in spirit. If you can come please come. My friend had sling and one surgery. I praying you can receive your treatment. If you don’t have insurance you should apply for a medical card. You do have rights. Be blessed

• anonymous says:

Oh Tammy thank you so much sweetheart I wish I could come but I don’t have the money and I can’t sit very long and I’m always in constant 24-7 pain. I wish it was televised so I could watch you guys will you do it that would be out of this world. just remember each victim regardless of their company I will be there so much in spirit with you guys I love you all I wish we all could get paid what we’re worth

52. Mesh Nightmare says:

Please donate to MAM 6/2 rally: http://www.gofundme.com/rm62j64

53. Lisa (Florida) says:

MAM Solidarity Quilt:

Together we are stronger! I am collecting fabric squares for the purpose of creating a quilt that will represent all the mesh victims united as one. This quilt, when completed, will be carried and displayed at the MAM rallies representing all the victims, including those who can’t make the physical journey.

Please be a part of this, you are not alone. Send a 4inch x 4inch fabric square of your choice, and you can personalize it however you like, such as; sign your name, initials, draw a heart, etc.

The basic color scheme will be shades of purple; lavender, lilac, plum, etc. with highlight squares of black and white checkered fabrics, with a black border.

For more info including the address to send your quilt square, please email me.

Blessings to all and I hope to see you at the June 2 MAM Rally in West Virginia!

meshawarenessmovement@gmail.com

54. Mesh Nightmare says:

You got it.

55. MAMOHIO says:

Lisa (Florida) how many people do you committed to going to the June 2 WV, J & J. Anyone can answer, I would like to know how many will be there and I can make some extra posters. Planning on just poster boards with MESH in bold black with a red circle with a slash thru the word MESH. Just curious on how much interest and commitments. Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well! God Bless!

56. Tammy (KY) says:

MAMOHIO,

I’m coming, I believe 7-9 of us are coming. I ordered a banner with Mesh Awardness Movement. I also ordered t-shirts with Mesh and circle around and line thru mesh. ( antimesh) I’m so glad we are meeting and standing united in peace. Be blessed

57. MAMOH says:

Great see you there! Where are you all staying and what time are we meeting at the ciurthiuse?

58. Tammy (KY) says:

I’m staying close to courthouse, Four Point Sherton. What time is first meeting?

59. Lisa (Florida) says:

I believe there are about a dozen women that will be there for sure. Thank you Tammy (KY) for bringing the awesome banner! The first meeting is at 10am, I would like to be in front of the courthouse by 9:15. The last meeting is at 3pm. It will be a long day for those of us that can’t stand for long periods of time. I’m not sure if they (the city) will allow us to have chairs to sit in for our peaceful rally, but I’m bringing one just in case. Otherwise we can sit on the courthouse steps? They/We will get a lunch break from 12-1 but other than that, I plan on hanging in there until the last Attys get there for their 3pm meeting. For everyone else, do what makes you comfortable, don’t over do it!

I’ll be staying at the Fairfield Charleston Capitol Hotel downtown, it’s only $65 per night for a double room and comes with a free breakfast.

We can all meet in front of the courthouse, I’ll be there at 9:15 anxious to meet my mesh sisters!

I’m also trying to contact some womens groups in Charleston that may want to help support our cause and stand with us for the day. The more faces the Attys see in front of the courthouse, the better! If anyone has ideas or suggestions, perhaps local affiliated Church groups? Please let me know

Love and Hugs

60. MAMOH says:

Lisa I think if the women need to sit bring rollators or wheelchairs. If you don’t already have one ask an elderly friend or family member or a senior citizen housing. I know we got an extra one and Ill bring that for someone. I’m bringing my Mom so any family members we bring the bigger the crowd. See y’all there! Be safe! MamOhio

61. Tammy (KY) says:

MAMOH,

Are you staying in WV on June 1? We should all meet and have dinner together if you are. I’ll be there the 1st. Please email me…..thanks

• Dawn says:

How do reach out to all of the women here I am dealing with mesh issues and missing a lot of work because of this pain. Anyway about two and half weeks ago I got involved with something that has changed my families financial situation I would love to be able to share with these woman because I get it I know am saving to have my surgery thanks to making extra money with this company. My email is feelingconfident7@ Gmail .com if anyone want to email me I am a women of Faith and believe should pay it forward when something that is a blessing

Hope all women can find some relief and if not the money to get this mesh removed

Be blessed everyone

62. MAMOHIO says:

Don’t know yet I am waiting on a job offer and they may want me to start after Memorial day. So if I come send me a text where you plan to have dinner and Ill let you know where I’m at. 740-972-1885. Hopefully I’ll see you all soon. I havent heard from anyone needing a wheelchair so I will not bring it unless requested. Take care and I hope to see you all on June 2. Mamohio

63. Lisa (Florida) says:

MAM RALLY UPDATE: I Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! I just wanted to keep everyone updated on the countdown to the June 2nd rally in WV. Some of the Status conference meetings have been reset to 1pm but the day is still the same and I/we plan on being in front of the courthouse at 9:30am for an all day rally. I will be bringing some extra chairs, cooler of water, we have the 2ftx6ft vinyl banner “Mesh Awareness Movement”, color brochures regarding the Complications Of Mesh, some T-shirts and of course I’ll be wearing purple spirit ribbon bracelets with names of those who asked to be there in support but couldn’t make the journey. Also, we have the local TV stations and News Paper attending! We still have carpool available in some states, please let me know if you’re interested. Can’t wait to meet you there and stand together united in support <3