Mesh Support Group Meets in Phoenix Thursday, March 19

Thanks goes out to the dynamic women who are making this happen. In this case, a support group has been organized for those suffering with mesh complications. The plan is to gather for a lunch in Phoenix on March 19th.  Here are the specifics.  Please respond with any questions/comments and the organizer, who wishes to remain anonymous, can contact you.

phoenix meeting

1. tammy says:

I would. Love to go im about to be homeless. I really hung on as long as i could waiting on the help we totally. Deserve these people should be in jail to say the lese i have been nothong but lied too animals get treated better but when your poor it don’t. Matter. I just wish that doctor would have told me about how mesh would destory my life once again i was deceived by the devil. That never sleeps all i can do is pray to God i get threw this i really can’t take the lies anymore. .

2. Bonnie says:

hi Tammy, yeah I’m getting booted out of my home to. and I still have at least one or more surgeries left. I pray and pray, I just hope someday this pain will not be with me anymore. I lost my husband during the middle of this, and I know this played on his death, because of his worry for me.

3. tammy says:

What makes me so up set is they say they are ready to settle really!!!!it has been two years four months i was told that i was butchered in 2010 had to get the mesh out in 2012cause it was making so sick pain rashes my gums are bad teeth falling out just sick all i do is cry my kids are grown but threw all this hell they have neeed me but i have allways had to be a strong person cause im poor but im really ready to give up cant take the lies no more this is crazy ..they really do not give a damn.

4. its an epidemic. even tho im a man mesh was implanted in me bellybutton..for a hernia..neverctold a thing as to what it couldvandchas done…pain…having to buy street priced pain killers because no one will give me any…the Dr asshole who preformed the surgery told me to quit being a pussy…be. a man..told you it would hurt..well hospitals say. you’re here for pain killers. get out…well no shit really..every rude coldhearted person who has said this to me obviously doesnt have a 4×6 peice of hell twisted in there abdomen..this shit sukks it hurts a man as much as a woman…sorry forcthe language ladies but..if it werent for having kids i wouldve killed myself a long time ago…suffering…just not silently…jerry mcanally tucson Arizona

5. tammy says:

All this is just sad i will never go too a doctor again lies an gread god be with us all im done

6. MMN says:

Starting a local NY group too… Please share…

Are you from the Upstate NY area, and dealing with surgical mesh complications? Maybe after having pelvic repairs (SUI? POP? bladder?) or hernia repairs? If yes, please join the Mesh Me Not – Upstate New York Support Group! (https://www.facebook.com/groups/656468787809132)

We are looking to connect others in the Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany and nearby areas so we can meet in person for support and information. I know you must be out there, even though so many of us are told we are “the only one” having such issues.

This group is NOT affiliated with any lawyers, doctors, or marketing agencies. This is strictly for support.

Please SHARE this info, and join if you are from the NY area. Thank you!

7. Donna says:

I will be there.

8. Thank you Jane for keeping me updated. I honestly thought I was nuts! when I tried to get help after my mesh eroded and told the Doctors everything I was suffering, they actually told me it was in my mind. My doctor actually cut a piece of mesh that was stuck to my wall hanging out right in his office! It killed me and I bled so bad! Then I had surgery thinking he was removing it all. I had no idea he only took out the rest of what was in my vagina because of infection, and left the rest of the mesh in me somewhere! Needless to say I got divorced 4 yrs ago and I haven’t dated since. I had to give up even dreaming of being a woman. It’s humiliating on top of the pain and depression. My bladder falls out and now I’m told revision is major and only lasts 7=10 yrs, but I’m so afraid of picking up mrsa, or cre or what if they cut something accidentally, death from sepsis? I’m torn apart. Meanwhile my mesh maker believes they have the right to fight damages? I Wonder how many of their wives are suffering. What would they do then. How they get away with destroying lives is what I don’t understand. How they have the nerve and audacity to walk into a courtroom and act like they have no idea why they are there. I can show them if they want to take a look.

9. Terri says:

I have experienced severe pain for years now. I have had three surgeries and countless doctor appointments. I have undergone nerve blocks, physical therapy and have tried so many medications none of which help with pain. I have applied for social security and was denied. I appealed that decision and lost an appeal. I don’t think that anyone is listening to us. I think the sad thing is that when I call my attorney to see if there are any updates they make me feel bad for calling. REALLY!!!! I signed up with an attorney here in Michigan and they send me bullshit newsletters by email once a month but I can go four to eight months without ever hearing from anyone in that office about my case that they will take a nice piece of some day if we ever get anywhere with the company’s we are up against. As I write this letter I have to look up my third pain management clinic to see if they can help me. I’m at a loss for words most days when this subject comes up and I’m so sorry for all of us who have had to go through this ordeal.

• kitty says:

TERI–Have you seen an immunologist. You may have developed Fibromyalgia. I believe you would be entitled to SS. Or see an M D that works with Arthritis. See an attorney ASAP to help you.

• Terri says:

Thank you so much for that reply. That has come up from a doctor at University of MI, so I will follow up with that and see if I can get some kind of help in any way. It really feels good to have people help guide you in any way due to the fact that we are fighting just an uphill battle.

10. Diane Elliott says:

Ladies, Have a great day. I hope and pray that all of you will keep in touch, continue to support each other. Bless you all. Diane

11. Lisa (Florida) says:

IT’S TIME TO DO SOMETHING! There is strength in numbers!

Hello to all those suffering along side me, both physically and emotionally. I’ve been monitoring this website for some time now, reading similar horror stories and taking some comfort in the fact that there are so many others out there that can relate to my situation and can also take comfort in the fact that we are not alone! It helps me feel…. not so isolated, forgotten and discarded. But now I feel it’s time to stop sitting idle, it’s time to take action! We’ve been quietly suffering, waiting, hoping for others to take action on our behalf when we should be the ones making noise, taking a stand and saying “enough is enough!”

I would like to organize a PEACEFUL protest/gathering of support, either at the Johnson & Johnson Corporate Office, or better yet, in front of the courthouse during one of the Bellwether Trials. If we get as many victims, family members and supporters together in one place at one time and let them know we are REAL people, not just a case number and WE ARE NOT HIDING IN THE SHADOWS WAITING ANY LONGER! We have waited and suffered long enough and we have the right to a speedy trial.

If anyone is interested in participating in any way, or have ideas, suggestions, ANY thing, please contact me. I’m tired of this stagnate existence and I know most of you feel the same way. If we pull together, we CAN make a difference! I’m willing!

Contact me at meshaction@mail.com

I will respect your privacy if you wish to be anonymous

12. jaque 10 says:

Hi,

How I wish I lived in the USA and could go to these meetings. Here in the UK there is nothing, you are on your own, and ordinary people here do not know anything about mesh even though they put 6 a day in, in fact I feel that people think you are making it up which does not help. I cannot get dental treatment here, They will be using mesh here 10 years after a worldwide ban.

13. yolanda says:

Hello ladies im glad im not along after reading some of the stories im so in shocked I started reseaching because I started having complication of the TVT MESH I went for my 6 weeks checkup and boy I wasn’t expecting the bad news because I thought that it was gone help me but it mad things worse. The pain omg missed that in the memo it feels like they went through my belly button and not to mention all the cramping and pressure.I can’t find a lawyer to represent me because of the criteria they go through so I hope that someone is reading our stories and pick up on all of our cases..that’s just the half of mine no one needs to go through the stress and pain…

I don’t know if your implant was recent, but i’m hearing from a few women who had a mesh implanted recently… what in the world are doctors telling women?

14. Wendi Hill says:

Would like to know if this group is still meeting in Arizona and obtain information on when they are meeting.

15. Bejah says:

Whoops! I guess I should read other pages on Jane’s website more often. I completely missed this. I would like to come next time (From Palm Springs, CA)/ Please let me know. How was the meeting? Thanks.

Bejah

• Bejah Blue says:

Seriously, I am sick that I missed this. What a wonderful idea. I can not drive my car for now but if it were in Tucson I could have taken the train as it stops there. Or, there must be mesh wounded women and men in LA…why can we not do this here????? Is anyone in the Palm Springs area or Riverside or Orange County, San Diego, Santa Barbara….please let’s have a gathering and hopefully regular ones after that. Those of you who may be high profile entertainment folk, we will give you our word of honor to protect your identify…we will be like a secret society. Maybe we can met at the Magic Castle as I have a friend whose father is a member. Really, how much could it cost for us to meet for lunch? I volunteer to help coordinate, just let Jane know you want to come. Bravo to who ever organized this in Phoenix. Does anyone know Beverly? If so please send regards, thinking of her, praying for her, (Remember Beverly we made a vow to meet for lunch in Phoenix or Tucson and I am holding you to that dear lady).

Bejah