MAM Rally Going to West Virginia for Pelvic Mesh Status Conference

mam banner facebook

Charleston, West Virginia will be the setting for a gathering of both sides involved in pelvic mesh litigation for a June 2 status conference before Judge Joseph Goodwin, and of mesh-injured women from the region who have decided to converge in a show of solidarity to bring an end to the protracted litigation.

Here is the order and here is a MND story.

Mesh Awareness Movement (MAM) conference organizer, Lisa  Mason says it’s important if you are mesh-injured or the family of someone mesh-injured to show your support if you can.

” We plan on being in front of the courthouse at 9:30 am for an all day rally. I will be bringing some extra chairs, cooler of water, we have the 2ft x 6ft vinyl banner “Mesh Awareness Movement,” color brochures regarding the Complications Of Mesh, some T-shirts and of course I’ll be wearing purple spirit ribbon bracelets with names of those who asked to be there in support but couldn’t make the journey. Also, we have the local TV stations and News Paper attending! We still have carpool available in some states, please let me know if you’re interested. Can’t wait to meet you there and stand together united in support.”

The Mesh Awareness Movement will be handing out this brochure  created by graphic artist, Candance Springer, who is hernia mesh injured.

Charleston is the location where 75,000 product liability cases have been consolidated in U.S. District Court, all part of multidistrict litigation.  Pelvic mesh has been placed transvaginally to shore up sagging pelvic organs or to treat incontinence.  It is still used by some doctors, though its popularity is dwindling as some doctors are being sued for medical malpractice.

Plaintiffs contend the mesh is defective, was never tested for safety before it was marketed and should be off the market. A number of juries have agreed that pelvic mesh is defective in its design.

Tuesday, June 2, Judge Goodwin, who is overseeing the cases, will hold a status conference with attorneys from both sides with the authority to discuss settlements. All seven pelvic mesh manufacturers, with the exception of Neomedic, are required to have representatives present.

Last February, Judge Goodwin brought together plaintiffs and defendants to confer on possible settlements with the thousands of plaintiffs. See background story here and here.

Knowing the court was never established to handle this number of plaintiffs, (76,610 as of today) Judge Goodwin has repeatedly urged both sides to resolve their differences outside of the courtroom.  Boston Scientific and Johnson & Johnson (Ethicon) have vowed to continue trying each product liability case trial by trial.

During a February Status Conference Transcript here,  Judge Goodwin said:

“I view the more than 70,000 cases through the lens of my experience and those procedures and laws that I mentioned before. I see disputes that must each be addressed and resolved. Each case assigned to me is assigned for full pretrial development, but the Congress of the United States has only allowed 678 Article III Federal District Judges. We have a few more because of our senior judge system, but, all in all, a paltry few are available.  The entire federal judiciary cannot individually develop and try 70,000 cases within the professional lifetime of anyone in this courtroom. So, we’re faced with a conundrum….”

This status conference is an attempt to address this conundrum.

Judge Goodwin has pointed to American Medical Systems (AMS) as an example  of a company that is ready to put litigation behind it by offering some settlements, usually averaging $40,000 for the lower tier of injury, before legal fees are paid.  He predicted a rocky path for both sides  if settlements were not forthcoming.

Six of the seven mesh makers have been called to the conference – Ethicon (Johnson & Johnson), Boston Scientific, C.R. Bard,  AMS, Coloplast and Cook Medical.

So far, plaintiff product liability trials have resulted in more than $100 million in losses for the defendant companies. #

1. Ann says:

Wishing you ladies luck. I can’t be there but will be in spirit. If you sell time shirts to help with funds I am more then happy to buy one .

2. Carla says:

I have had many complications with mesh used in hernia repair. Twenty small bowel obstructions in 5 years, the first 2 weeks after the hernia repair with mesh. Is this a different area?

Thanks!

Carla- While hernia mesh is made from the same polypropylene material as pelvic mesh, this litigation focuses on transvaginal mesh injuries. That is because the Food and Drug Administration in 2011 said complications are “not rare” from the use of this mesh in the pelvic and should not be a first line treatment. Still it is used today. I wish the FDA would recognize the same for hernia mesh, but it has not.

• Carla says:

Jane, I may have to start the ball rolling. I have had so much pain and so many 4-10 day hospital stays. I called my surgeon to ask what kind of mesh was used and never received a call back. I hope some kind of justice can be reached for all of us.

Thank you for your reply.

Get your own medical records, you own them, they belong to you. Your surgeon may not want to share that info….so do it on your own. And get all of your records!

3. suffering in pain says:

I don’t see a good out come for any of us injured women. I know a lot of us have permanent damage , pain and suffering that will never go away. Who determines what’s fair for us women. Come live with me walk in my shoes everyday, they meaning the judge and the makers of this damn mesh will never comprehend . I’m angry that I was told lies that this mesh was safe . NO IT IS NOT!!!!

I can’t begin to explain the damage The endless nights spent away from my family in the hospital with infections and trouble breathing, rashes and so much more . The loss of family time. The loss of intimacy. I’m not the same person anymore. I cry all the time. I am so unhappy. I was normally out going very active. Life sucks having mesh.

• angela says:

Can you please tell me about the rashes you have had? I have a mesh implant and for the last few years since I have had the mesh I have had really Weird rashes no one can figure out what they are or why I have them. What did they look like? Treatment? Diagnosis? I have been miserable and just need to know how common this is. Thank you for your time

• Toni says:

I have gotten these sores on my legs start out as little blister like sores but they never go away. after the blister breaks they get scailly dry buildup and just won’t heal and go away, Is this anything like what others have experienced.

• angela says:

I have had multiple rashes of unknown origin since my implantation. The most recent one lasting over 2 months. No one can tell me where they are coming from or Why I have them. No cause no cure. Its ridiculous I have been tested for everything from scabies to chicken pox.. The last er doctor I saw said he has NEVER seen the type of rash I have. A dermatologist I saw shortly after said I have a nickel allergy and go figure the mesh has nickel in it. Edna, I to have had the strange cough with no resolution to that either. I have been sicker in the last few years since I have had they mesh than I have ever been in my life all together. Its a shame these companies continue to destroy human beings health and lives. I am disgusted w the fact that they KNEW these products were never to be placed in a human body and did so anyway so they could profit from us. EVEN cigarettes come with a warning CLEARLY on the label. I wonder how these companies would feel if the mesh was in their mothers, wives, sisters or children.

• suffering in pain says:

Hello angela. My rashes started on my thigh then come out on my shin and my chest then my foot. Some were blistery and weird in shape. My doctor never could figure out what it came from. I still get them. I also have that terrible cough. I think I’m allergic to the mesh. I’m also allergic to latex. I’ve been in and out of the hospital with infections vaginal ones unexplained and I passed out in the er. I could not breath. I still get those breathing spells. Mesh has changed my whole life.

• Edna Snyder says:

You put in your comments that you have unexplained rashes and trouble breathing, I’ve been having those problems for the past several years with no explanation. I had a mesh implant in 2008 with removal in 2012. I’ve had the rashes since 2008 but we all thought they were somehow related to latex but I continue to break out for no reason. Nothing helps with the rashes, I have a cough that won’t go away and I’m short of breath all the time for no apparent reason. Is this the type of thing that you are having? I would really appreciate hearing from someone who is experiencing the same issues so that I could tell my doctor that this is somehow tied to the mesh. Thank you.

• Debbie says:

AMEN!!!! you are SO RIGHT!! Like i told my attorney, PAIN does not show up on xrays or mri’s!!!! the PAIN is traveling to all parts of my body trying to find a way to get away from this foreign body inside me. For personal reasons i have not had it removed but as soon as i get a check i am scheduling SURGERY!! i cannot wait. PLEASE LORD LET IT BE SOON!!

as we know from the trials, pain can show up when mesh is below the surface and might not be detectable. Ultrasound is a better way to find the mesh, not an MRI..

4. stopmeshimplants says:

Sending loads of prayers and safe travels for those of you who are making this journey for all. So wishing I could attend but I am currently dealing with another complication from this mesh hell that has come up that will prevent me from leaving my home for any length of time. I believe this is just what the public needs to see and hear. A simple thank to all of the organizers and to Jane does not seem appropriate. I am forever grateful and appreciate your organizing this news worthy event. I will wait and watch for any coverage. Take care……

5. lucille jones says:

I wish all you ladies happy rallying and hope this opens up some ears and eyes to Mesh and that this is a serious issue playing with women’s Health and lives and it needs to Stop!! Be thinking of you all and hope to see this on the big screen!! Go get em!!

6. Jaye says:

Just a little clarification. .. The brochure you say was produced by MAM was created by Candance Springer, a hernia mesh survivor, along with a little help from POP/SUI mesh survivors. It was created so anyone who wished could print it and hand it out to others to alert them to the dangers of a mesh implant. Lisa Mason liked it and chose to use it as well.

I wish MAM a successful rally, now and in the future.

7. Anonymous Anonymous says:

Would like to thank every one who is attending this wish I could be there Thank You so much for going

8. Thank you Jane Akre and Mesh Medical Device Newsdesk sponsors for this important information. Lisa Mason and MAM (Mesh Awareness Movement): Charleston, WV was selected to be the MDL (multi district litigation) federal courthouse so that this issue can be effectively buried from the public and the media. It is costly and difficult to get to the very remote and unpopulated trial location. Please let everyone know how to use social media (Facebook and Twitter – select a unique hashtag) to connect all those who wish to participate on June 2, 2015. Those individuals who perpetuate this PREVENTABLE harm in the name of business or medicine must be named and exposed. They should not be protected from criminal charges by the size of their corporation (cartel) or the monetary power that they use to corrupt our bureaucrats and legislators.

9. sotired says:

although I want this to end, I don’t see how any settlement ill be just. The manufacturers should be liable for our medical cost for the rest of our lives. This mesh is a forever medical disaster! I have already had 8 surgeries due to mesh complications and now I am suffering but haven’t been able to pay off all my prior mesh bills, so I can’t even see my doctor or go to the hospital anymore. And I know this mesh is now poisoning me, but I certainly can’t afford to get it out. The manufacturer should have to pay for all the defendants future medical bills. Anything less is just a death sentence for those of us without the means to pay for these surgeries and doctor bills. I don’t mean to sound greedy, but a settlement will only pay off my lawyers and old medical bills. There won’t be anything left to pay for future care. Make them responsible or we will be forced to sit at home suffering with the pains and infections until we die from this mesh!!!!!

10. Tammy (KY) says:

Please ladies try to come. The more the better. God bless

• Toni says:

Tammy I really want to go can we see about a carpool I am just outside of Lexington at my brothers recouping from surgery. I may be in pain still but I want to see and be seen in the reality of what this has done to me and all of us suffering. Let me know Tammy if we can meet prior to Tuesday?

• Tammy (KY) says:

Toni,

Would love to meet up…..please email me. I’m leaving Monday for WV and will be coming home Tuesday after court proceedings. Please email me and and can plan meeting. God Bless

• Toni says:

Tammy I am hoping I can go but honestly I had surgery sat the 23rd so Monday will be 9 days post. Not sure yet if that may be to much by then. I had 85% of mesh removed had prolift front back and tvt . So needless to say I was fillet and have a catheter in and I am stuffed with guaze until this sunday. Still can’t get around real well. Sunday will tell me if I think I can make it or not.

11. Jane R. says:

Wonder what the price is on a 25 year marriage that probably won’t make 26 years.

And yet another mesh complication.

• Jan Urban says:

No one really knows what the outcome of these MDL’s will be. Like our Pelvic Systems the MDL’s are just as complex. I am 10 weeks post mesh removal. My open wound from infection is now closed. Have started Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy. My advise to women is to find the right Specialist (Doctor in Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery and Urogynecology. These are the only Doctors that have the Skills and knowledge of our Pelvic system to remove the mesh. I went to my Doctor with many of the debilitating effects of mesh. He said he never heard of these issues. I said but now you have, and they are happening to me and 1,000’s of other women and who is is going to help me and them? Well he removed all my mesh and the following week he removed another women’s mesh. He told me last week that I was the first mesh removal he had ever performed. Now some might not like this but he does implant mesh for some patients. I never asked. He said he has not had any of his patients having issues with it. He is a young Doctor and has gave me excellent care. All I know is he got the mesh out of me and we are following through with Pt to restore my Pelvic area so I can walk, sit, stand Just get back what mesh took from me. With that said and my open wound now closed I will be driving down to Charleston WV to the Court House on June 2nd from Canton, Ohio. It is important to me that I go to represent all my mesh injured sisters that can not travel anymore. It is less then a 3 hour drive. I’m am feeling better now. I wish all of you could feel better.. Do not let mesh take your spirit from you. Never. XXOO

12. Reba T. says:

As a close friend of a mesh victim I have witnessed her untold agony for several years . Pain so horrible that she can’t walk or sit , infection so bad that she can’t eat because food can’t pass through her body . Crying and praying without end , when this mesh was placed into her body she was a vital , beautiful , very physically active woman in her forties . After all of the surgeries she is not any better , just more and more scar tissue buildup . Now a suffering bent over shell of a previously vibrant woman . How could this have been allowed to happen to so many human beings in this country ? Are these companies denying their responsibility in the horror they created ? There’s not enough money on earth to make this right but these poor women have lost their normal lives forever and will suffer as long as they live . IN GOD”S NAME HELP THEM !!! I am praying for each and every one of you .

It might be very powerful for someone who has observed the horrors to talk to the media for their friend who may not be able to make it! How many people CAN travel to tell the media what they have observed! You don’t have to be mesh injured to share that story.

13. That 100 mil isn’ t even a scratch to them they threw away more than that!

14. Sonia (FL) says:

Thank you Jane Akre and Mesh Medical Device NewsDesk sponsors for this important information. Lisa Mason and MAM (Mesh Awareness Movement). Would also like to thank everyone who is attending the rally, I wish I could be there. Unfortunately, at the present time I am experiencing pain and it’s time to see my surgeon again. Sending many prayers and wishing you all safe travels for of you making this journey. God Bless.

15. Tammy (KY) says:

If the doctor who implanted mesh won’t give you mesh records, then go to hospital where surgery took place and ask for medical records. Make sure you get pre and post records. Also make sure you get product sticker sheet. This gives your Atty product ID and manufacturer whom made your mesh product. Don’t give up…..you should receive these records free the first time. These ARE your records.

16. Donna says:

Good luck, I wish I could go. Living in California it’s just too far. Thank you for standing up for all of us.

17. debbie says:

FBI probing what J&J knew about uterine surgery device – maybe they should know about the other things JNJ knows about!

18. Mary says:

I am truly blessed for everyone that have been a big support during this time of mesh horror. I have pretty much lived by the grace of God since 2002 when this foreign object was placed in my body. Wanted to go to WV but can’t travel alone and didn’t have alot of luck with people wanting to travel with in my own race. It is a shame we still deal with racism!!!

• Tammy (KY) says:

Mary,

We would love to see you in WV. Mesh doesn’t care what race you are, and neither do I. I don’t care if you blue, green or yellow. Please stand with your mesh sisters. Can meet you the 1st in WV and have dinner. Your not alone. Please feel free to email, Tamila. Jackson65@gmail.com

• Lisa (Florida) says:

I ditto that Tammy (KY)!!! Mesh Warriors regardless of age, race, sex, whatever, We are in this thing together!

19. Mary says:

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR FAVOR

20. Heather says:

I am looking forward to coming to the rally on June 2nd and feel very fortunate that even though I am one among the injured my wonderful urologist has taken such great care of me and made me able to cope with life a little better and be among the women at the rally. I am excited to meet women whom suffer just like me. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

21. Jan says:

Please correct the sentence in the article that describes the brochure. It was in no way created by the Mesh Awareness Movement, they are simply being allowed to use this brochure. It was created by Candance (this is the correct spelling) Springer, along with the Women’s POP/SUI TvMesh Support group brochure committee consisting of Jaye Lee, Deb Jackson Contestable, and Janet Nicholas Beyer. The brochure is a result of months of hard work, and Candance and her team deserve credit for the really great outcome. Thank you.

Thank you- Check out the 5th paragraph, it’s in there…. is it accurate? Jaye Lee already added her comments.

22. Lisa (Florida) says:

If you are reading this, it means this mesh mess has touched your life in some way. It is my hope that the rally in Charleston WV on June 2nd will be the beginning of a resolved end. Enough is enough. We, as victims, may be tired and broken but our voices can be heard and we can make a difference. I am determined to turn all my anger and pain into something peaceful and productive and I hope that you will too. PLEASE join us in support to help those suffering, put an end to mesh implants and let the manufacturers know that its NOT OK to knowingly hurt someone just so they can put more money in their pockets.

For those who have helped rally the wounded warriors to spread the word and those who will be there on June 2nd, my most sincere thank you and I can’t wait to see you there. brightest blessings to you and those you love

23. Mary says:

I have already tried to reach out to other survivors. I am discouraged. This battle is not mine it’s the Lord. If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything…IN GOD I TRUST

24. Diane Elliott says:

Bless you all, thank you. I am in Oregon, recovering from removal surgery. Some complications restrict my travel. I pray for all of us suffering from this mesh mess. Keep talking & sharing, the word needs to get out. THANK YOU ALL WHO ARE ABLE TO SHOW UP FOR THIS PEACE RALLEY!

25. Tammy (KY) says:

Toni,

Call me please 859-421-3998

Would like to meet and would like you to go to WV with us. Be blessed

26. msm says:

I sincerely hope that Judge Goodwin’s rescheduling of the meetings from morning to afternoon is not related to his awareness of the planned rally. There is also no mention in the order of when the individual meetings “in chambers” will take place. They were originally to take place throughout the day following the general status conference.

Original schedule:

…”status conference in all MDLs […] on Tuesday, June 2, 2015, at 9:30 a.m”…

“It is further ORDERED that on Tuesday, June 2, 2015, for each MDL listed below, the court will conduct meetings in chambers as follows:

(1) Bard/TSL & Sofradim MDL 2187 10:00 a.m.

(2) Boston Scientific MDL 2326 11:00 a.m.

(3) Ethicon MDL 2327 1:30 p.m.

(4) Coloplast MDL 2387 2:30 p.m.

(5) Cook MDL 2440 3:00 p.m. ”

Revised schedule:

“… the Status Conference previously scheduled for Tuesday, June 2,

2015, at 9:30 a.m. is rescheduled to Tuesday, June 2, 2015, at 1:00 p.m. At that time, I will

conduct a status conference in all MDLs …”

There is no mention of the any of the other meetings listed in the original order. I supposed that could be a good thing if he thinks everybody is willing to come to the table to discuss settling their cases. I notice that in the original schedule, there is only 30 minutes allotted for the status conference. It makes me wonder if each conference is being moved back as follows:

1pm status conference

(1) Bard/TSL & Sofradim MDL 2187 1:30pm

(2) Boston Scientific MDL 2326 2:30pm

(3) Ethicon MDL 2327 3:30pm

(4) Coloplast MDL 2387 4:30pm

(5) Cook MDL 2440 5:30pm

If this is what will occur, eliminating the lunch break figured into the original schedule, then their exposure to the rally will be minimal. Once into the building for meetings and once out of the building to go home. All completed by 6pm. Perhaps he knows some companies already have plans to settle and won’t need the separate meetings in chambers. That’s all speculation.

I’m not suggesting that the rally played into this rescheduling, I’m sure it is just a coincidence.(?) So, for all of you wonderful, proud, and brave people planning to attend the rally, be prepared for them to run in and out the back door . Don’t let ’em get away! My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Interesting you sy that… there is a front door and a back door leads to the Charleston Town Center, (and Channel 13) It is for officers of the court and office workers. The general public cannot use the back door. I believe the change was made before the rally was ever announced.

• Donna says:

I read and re-read it. It sounds like only MDL 2325 is continued to 1:30 with the rest still to proceed in the AM as scheduled.

• msm says:

Each MDL has an order rescheduling the status conference to the 1pm on June 2.

They are identical except for the substitution of the MDL number and the defendant’s name.

• msm says:

Ok. I think I see what you’re saying and hope it works out this way.

The original order had two orders in one. One for the status conference and the other for the “in chambers” meetings. Perhaps only the status conference was rescheduled to 1pm while the other meetings remain as originally scheduled.

Original 9:30 status conference for all.

(1) Bard/TSL & Sofradim MDL 2187 10:00 a.m.

(2) Boston Scientific MDL 2326 11:00 a.m.

Rescheduled 1pm status conference for all.

(3) Ethicon MDL 2327 1:30 p.m.

(4) Coloplast MDL 2387 2:30 p.m.

(5) Cook MDL 2440 3:00 p.m.

That would, in effect, just start all of the meetings a half hour later. That makes sense. AMS doesn’t have an “in chambers” meeting since they announced the settlement in April 2014 but must attend the status conference.

If this is correct, the rally will likely have a great impact with everyone coming in a little later with less of a lunch break. It will be interesting to see.

I wish all the best for all attending the rally!

27. Jan says:

Hi to all, I’m praying for u all rallying June 2 and wish us all a great out come. But why isn’t this on national news. I just never see it or hear it. Only search it. This should be on the news so unfair for people who can’t read or understand. Where are the news people?????

28. Miss T says:

I am so sorry I can’t be with you all. I unfortunately will be away on an important family trip that was planned long ago. I would be happy to make a donation in lieu of me being present to help some needy attendee’s expenses. Please let me know how I can help. I am so very impressed with you organizers and you FIGHTING MAD sisters! I stand shoulder-to shoulder with you in spirit!

29. Lisa (Florida) says:

All packed and ready to start the 14hr journey to Charleston! I’ll be leaving in a few hours and will checkin with everyone when I get there tomorrow. I’m anxious to meet all the others with Love, Respect and Open Arms and I look forward to standing together, united in support with those present and those who will be there in spirit. Blessed Be

• Heather (OH) says:

Have safe travels to all. I will be heading out later tonight and also look forward to meeting everyone. God bless all who are traveling.

30. Donna says:

Please update those of us who can’t go as soon as you know something. I am with you in spirit. Thank you again!

31. lisa says:

Safe travels for all traveling today and tomorrow. Due to revision surgery once again, lm not able to make the trip. You all will be in my prayers.

32. Mary says:

I Pray Traveling Grace for all those traveling to WV.

“In God We Trust”

Will be in Intercession tomorrow until it’s over.

33. Tambrea says:

Wishing I could be with you! Still having complications from my February 2015 removal of J &J and AMS. Will be returning to California in October for reconstruction and revision of lift w/my fashia. Best of travels and my God be with You! Love from Ohio

34. Dawn says:

My prayer for my MESH INJURED.May you all have safe travels , and may the pain of riding be less these next few days.

Polypropylene , polypropylene , polypropylene !!!!!!

Why all the trials when we know what the problem is being caused by ???

I guess it really must take a genius to figure this out

We are asked at the hospitals if we are allergic to latex…. Why not polypropylene ???

35. Mesh Nightmare says:

To all the participants at The MAM Rally: THANK YOU for representing the mesh injured.

To all of us that are unable to attend: We can have our voices heard in heaven. Let’s pray together tomorrow.

I will pray for legions of angels to be present in WV tomorrow to direct the outcome of the scheduled sessions.

36. Diane Elliott says:

Prayers for safe travels, may all of you who are able to travel to West Virginia be blessed with good weather. Thank you one & all for your courage.

37. stopmeshimplants says:

Wishing all of you a successful day and hoping you get the news coversage you so deserve! Please tell our stories. Tell them everything! Thank you all for traveling and making this trip such a priority. Those of us who could not travel are there with you in spirit.

38. jmorga1970 says:

Prayers and Blessing to the ladies who are able to be there to fight for us. I only wish I could travel at this time. I am 2 weeks post op for having my sling removed. What was suppose to help has been nothing but a nightmare for me. I pray to god everyday for justice against these companies who do not test enough. My nightmare started years ago and I am still living it. I do not feel human anymore I can not get out and enjoy life with my children.

39. lisa r says:

Please are there any updates yet…anything on the news?

40. Dorothy says:

I have all of the same questions as everyone about what went on at the rally today. I know we’ll get the answers in the next few days. So here’s my silly question. As you looked around at those who came, bless their heart’s, did they all have protruding abdomen. Are there other things to mark us as meshies. Skin tags all over our bodies. We’ve talked about so many inside symptoms, I’m wondering about outside things and just letting some pressure off. Drive safe.

41. Louise says:

Good Luck, to all those who were able to attend the rally.Hope the judge will force these manufacturers to pay us, nothing below a million and for those who had a lot of surgeries they will need more than a million…plus pain and suffering…CRIMINALS…

• Barb says:

After speaking to my attorney firm today was not impressed~~Every question I had they had no answere’s for! However they told me that there would be consideration of pain and suffering, also they supposedly are taking in consideration what the family’s have been through. They also said with each issues related to the Mesh issues has a code that also will be taking in consideration. I said wonder if in your Doctor’s notes it states you will never be 100%, all testing, medications, and it seems each time I talk to them I’m told different answere”s!! I asked with these bellwether trials juror’s are awarding for past, future medical expenses will we who are not going to court able to be awarded the same, no answere. I am still astonished that we who have Medicaid/Mainecare have to reimburse the Government and are we sure we will be able to keep insurance!! Seems to me by now they would have more answere’s for us then what they are willing to say!! I was told they hope to start sending checks Nov/Dec 2015 she declined that statement, and I asked what categories have they started based on injuries, no answere. If the doctors are putting cases together based on our individual injuries why can’t they tell us category numbers and what they mean!! So as I feel right now no one in this MDL will walk away with any money to live on the rest of our lives it in fact may put some in much worse finacial situation they what we are in now……..feeling like giving up, depressed

42. lisa r says:

Barb hope this helps you..the way I survive hour by hour is to have hope that all things work out for good

.my faith is strong and even though I have been victimized I will not let it define my identity that is my way of not continually letting them victimize me by their evil lies and unjust comments. Their day is coming in a higher court and justice will served to them by their creator. I have to reply to you because I was led by my heartfelt compassion for you and will pray that you can have moments of some peace. I am a mesh survivor also and have suffered greatly so I can truly relate.

43. Aunt B says:

I had my surgery June 23rd and I’m in pain when I’m standing or walking for too long I feel relief from the infections being gone but still pain .where do I go to tell my story ?

44. Judy says:

I had Ethicon Mesh implanted in 2009. For 4 years I always felt swollen, felt like I was being poked and had electrical shocks. I had arthritis symptoms in my hands for 4 years and had cortisone injections every few months.

In 2013 I had the mesh removed in a somewhat lengthy surgery which also perforated my bladder. So far, the scar tissue has kept my bladder in place. Since the removal of the mesh my hands are normal. Apparently, I was having a reaction to the plastic.

I am left with nerve pain, swelling if I am on my feet for hours and relations are difficult. I use Estrace cream twice a week which helps strengthen the walls.

If you are able to get the mesh removed, I highly advise it. In addition to perforations you also have to worry about osteomyelitis where the sling is attached to the bone. Plastic is not meant for human implantation.