J&J Should Break Up

Cramer, CNBC.com

Cramer, CNBC.com

Jim Cramer of CNBC is known for waving his arms about the latest stock trades or dumb business decisions.   Now he is adamant that healthcare giant Johnson & Johnson should break up.  In Monday’s rant, he says the company is divided clearly into three distinct divisions, Pharmaceutical, Consumer Goods and Medical Devices, the latter is bleeding.    They have three different supply chains and should split into three separate companies.

“We’re talking about a great American company not delivering,” he shouts about their latest earnings report.

LEARN MORE:

See Cramer’s latest here

J&J 2 Q Report

1. Tammy (KY) says:

They don’t need to break up, they need to give up. Speak up even, and tell the truth about what their medical device company has done to 100,000’s of women. First do not harm…

2. Suzanne McClain says:

This would be great, IF the damage to hundreds of thousands of women hadn’t already been done by their transvaginal mesh products! Yes, the latter is bleeding, but what he doesn’t say is that J&J knew of these problems for years, and kept implanting women with their garbage.

They should have thought of this years ago, if they really had a concern about protecting their company and their assets. A division now could be detrimental to all of the women with lawsuits filed against this giant!

3. Karla says:

Oh great. Trying to divide it to save money or not have as much access to it. Keen strategy. They are looking for a loop hole again. Hurt women even more. God does not sleep. JNJ will answer for their deliberate harming of thousands of women. Every victim should respond to this.

Apparently J&J has resisted the suggestions that it divide…. it’s keeping all divisions together. I’ve heard outsiders, like this financial watcher, say they would be much more profitable if they followed the lead of other companies that broke up and went their separate ways. No doubt Gorsky is fighting that suggestion for some reason. Stay tuned>> No doubt the medical devices division would have a huge liability attached to its sale. Getting larger by the day!!

• Wendy says:

I see mostly information in J&J cases. Do you know anything about the Boston Scientific Case that they just made a settlement offer for?

I am a part if that group and, have researched everything I could but, can’t find anything concrete on the final settlement. I have contacted the law firm in using and, was told to wait for a letter.

I had TWO of these horrendous objects put into my body and, also had to undergo “removal and, adjustment” surgery because of all the pain, bleeding & complications. The Dr. Could not remove but a small amount because of scar tissue and, said he believes that I’ve got “nerve damage” because of the implants. I still can’t DO anything and, my life has basically been taken away from me. I’ve gone to two different Urogynecologists seeking help to “fix the damage” to not be in constant pain anymore. Both just referred me to a “pain clinic.” Just basically to live on narcotics forever.

I’m now seeking another specialist in hope “God Willing” that this one will be able to help me.

Anyway…. I was just wondering if anyone new anything on the Boston Scientific Settlent at all….

Thanks

Wendy Shipman

Wendy- Please use the Search Bar at the top of Mesh News Desk. Put in Boston Scientific and you will receive much information. All makers are covered in these pages. Thank you.

• Bejah B says:

Dear People,

What is that saying (Referring to Jane’s statement about JnJ refusing to change)…”The.(bigger)……..they are, the harder they fall”. I do not know the source of that, probably common knowledge at this point. Seems like it might apply to JnJ. I also like the saying about bending with the winds (of change) rather than resisting them. It is said that one should plant a young tree without strong staking because moving about in the wind will strengthen them.

I believe there are patterns in nature, across time and space and across the natural world (The classic example of the spiral pattern in a shell and a galaxy). (I hear ya Kitty :-). These patterns can be found in everything including Wall Street and corporate worlds. I see JnJs pattern growing brittle, and to say that Ethicon is “Bleeding” is another way of saying that, of making an organic reference. I am sure it is very difficult for an individual like Gorskey to “bend with the winds of change”, too change at all…his response and thus the corporate response is to become more entrenched. That is not the path to salvation of any kind. There must be some kind of pressure from the Board of Directors, from the key stockholders.

I think that for all of these corporations maybe we should assemble a research team and then each can research the corporation they are assigned to and all of the victims of that corporations products can line up behind the team and they can organize events directed at their respective defendants, rather than our trying to do this as one group. Perhaps we are too “big” (But not too big to fail).

The nation’s economy depends on big corporations to keep it in motion, especially as they continue to drive small business under, but let’s remember that over 80% of our economy is still dependant on consumer spending (IMHO that is way too high) and part of the source of the problems we are seeing.

The modern equivalent of “Barefoot and pregnant seems to be in debt, and no savings. Corporations like us to be dependant on them, for jobs and for products. We do not earn what we are worth and then we are enticed to spend all of our discretionary income. Before we can make America great again (D Trump) we have to make ourselves strong again. We still have a voice. Even if we do not vote (Which we should do regardless) we also vote at the cash register, the check out counter and how we invest. Again I say what would happen if the American people stopped buying JnJ products? We could force ” the changes we want to see in the world”.

Hope we all have a relatively good week….

Bejah

• Bejah B says:

Karla, While I can not disagree with you, God knows, in the end this is a human problem, a failure of humanity. Human beings have been doing this to others, not to mention other species and the earth for eons.

If you look at the Johnson & Johnson through its history it is a tale of carnage going way back. As a rather famous fictional character put it played by Michael Douglas on film, “Greed Never Sleeps”. I can not recall the name of the film…about Wall Street. Do we really think it is going to stop now because of us.

It is the only way this corporation knows how to do business, to stay “On top”, to continue to be profitable. It seems at times like a fat cat about to topple over. I have thought for a long time it should be forced to split, that the FED should force it to split due to well documented Monolopistic behaviors. When we get to the point where corporations run the FED we are in too deep and that may be where we are now in our history as a nation.

Bejah

4. Bianca Martinez says:

They need to pay for all damage. I am one of the victims and my life will never be the same….

5. Michelle says:

Johnson and Johnson should so have to pay for what they have done to us women. I was 31 when implanted with there mesh had three small children well one child was six months. My children have also suffered so much having a sick mom. I have had 9 surgeries including a colostomy. Because the mesh eroded into my colon. But first the mesh eroded into my utreha. But still after all my surgeries I live in pain and will never have my life back. Nor will my husband or my children have the wife or mother I once was. I just hope that these judges see and have sympathy on the victims of Johnson and Johnson. This is my first time ever speaking out on a site I read all of your comments and my prayers go out to each and everyone of you I think we can all say we share a bond that no one can understand.

The longer J&J waits to settle, the more stories such as yours emerge. Thank you for telling it. J&J are you listening?

• Bejah B says:

Jane, I read something interesting yesterday that may have some relevance here. One paragraph states:

“Some of the mesh manufacturers have come to their senses and have started limited settlement processes with groups of firms. None of the manufacturers have utilized the same global claims process that worked well in Vioxx and the DePuy ASR litigation, but it’s progress, at least.” – Max Kennerly, Esq.

I wonder what limited settlement processes means? What is a global claims process outside of meaning that it is the same for all defendants and all are bound to abide by that process? Does anyone know?

You can read the rest, some interesting ideas, etc. at Mr. Kennerly’s law firm’s website searching using his name. Sorry I forgot to note the URL.

It is confusing, some places I read that some firms are settling and elsewhere I read that none are settling at the behest of Johnson and Johnson or not. Where does the truth lie. I expect JnJ does NOT want us to know they are settling at least some cases and post settlement one is forbidden to discuss the case (For fear of being turned into a barn rat). I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle….between a rock and a hard place Logically they would settle the high value cases first and select cases after that. The idea that they would settle one law firms cases over another does not make sense to me but I believe it is clear that the JnJ logic is tempered by something not at all logical, something rather pathological but then I wonder if the core business model for a free enterprise economic system tends toward the pathological. When you see Communist and other rogue and constricted forms of government and their economic systems adapting variations on the American model…as they say on “Ancient Aliens”, “One has to wonder”.

I found Alex G.’s home address, etc. through a white pages link on the internet. One has to pay a nominal sum for the data. Or, we could just enter his dreams. We could agree that we will close our eyes and focus on him and send our feelings to him, our anguish and fear and pain.

He has a long and rather colorful 20 yr history of this evil conduct leaving a trail of blood everywhere he went. . Remember though we can not loiter and we can not harass this person. After all we are not the Paparazzi!

Bejah

• Bejah B says:

Bless you Michelle. I am certain so many of us try to imagine what it would be like to have three small children and be condemned to the life one seems to face post implant. May God watch over you and your little ones all of your days. I sometimes need to be reminded not to rage at the FATHER because HE did not do this, human beings did (Free will). Still it is hard not to think he has abandoned us, left the building, given up on humanity and left us to our own devices but I am always reminded that is not the case and I know better than to think that way. I guess it is human fraility that causes me to sometimes falter anyway. Just the other day I went outside and looked up into the evening sky and said “Why have you (God) abandoned me?” In my head I heard a reply. The voice said, “Oh, ye of little faith”. I went back inside and resumed my earthy life.

Bejah

Bejah

6. Kelly says:

My life was robbed by J&J and the doctors who lied to me about the product. It seems completely in line with their lack of ethics that they would consider separating the company or go for BK rather than do the right thing and make retribution to the thousands of women they have used to fill their pockets.

7. sickandtired says:

It seems Johnson and Johnson over its long and storied existence has committed the seven deadly sins in one form or another

8. annonynous says:

JnJ. Has injured us personaly,emotionally, physically, our lives are so totally different from the time we had this mesh put in.I pray everyday I’ll get better…but the damage is there and can’t be fixed.neither can the time lost with family because I’m to sick to enjoy our time. Most if the time you feel like giving up our quality of life is no longer what it was. Come on attorneys, judges,and manufacturers let’s bring this to a closure