*Updated* J&J Facing 37 Pelvic Mesh Trials in December

In an attempt to move the enormous number of transvaginal pelvic mesh cases through his court, Judge Jethicon logooseph Goodwin will consolidate for trial 37 cases naming Ethicon (Johnson & Johnson) to be heard in his Charleston, WV court on December 7, 2015.

Previously filed as 26 cases last month, that was soon updated to 29 product liability cases. July 1, the tally was upped again to 37 cases with Mullins et al 2:12-cv-02952 as the lead case. (See Ethicon Doc 28).

Judge Goodwin is overseeing 78,000 product liability trials naming seven different mesh manufacturers..

(Previously when there were 26 cases, the lead case was  Bryant, et al v. Ethicon, Inc. et al  (2:12-cv-09311).  The plaintiffs can be seen here in Pre Trial Order #182.)

In this action, all 37 plaintiffs allege they were implanted with TVT (transvaginal tape) used to treat stress urinary incontinence (SUI) and that the TVT has caused them a variety of life-altering injuries.

Common issues of law and fact allow them to be consolidated into one trial. All of these surgeries were performed in West Virginia, the home of each plaintiff, but by different physicians. All of the meshes were made by Ethicon, a division of Johnson & Johnson.

Judge Joseph R. Goodwin, Charleston, WV

Judge Joseph R. Goodwin, Charleston, WV

The product liability actions contend that products were defective in their design and manufacture and that the company was negligent in selling the polypropylene implants. The allegations also include negligence and punitive damages.

Failure to warn (the doctor) will not be one of the counts. It’s previously been include in the majority of pelvic mesh litigation.

In a July 1 filing, plaintiffs’ attorneys ask for clarification – Will causation and damages will be included and can the plaintiff pursue a failure to warn claim and breach of warranty later if she so chooses.    (Ethicon Doc # 28, 2:12-cv-02952).

Judge Goodwin is facing the largest number of cases ever filed in one federal court. At this writing there are 77,732 pelvic mesh trials consolidated before him and Judge Goodwin has ordered cooperation from both sides to move litigation and resolution forward.

J&J’s Ethicon division represents the largest number of cases, 26,524, and the defendant has indicated no willingness to offer mass settlements to resolve these cases, outside of settling individual cases, generally during or before litigation.

Legal Standard

U.S. District Court, Charleston WV

U.S. District Court, Charleston WV

Rule 42(a) allows the Court to consolidate actions when there are similar issues of fact or law.

The Ethicon multidistrict litigation (MDL)  2:12-md-2327  was part of consolidation in Judge Goodwin’s court in early 2012.

In creating this MDL, the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation ruled in its Transfer Order that “centralization will serve the convenience of the parties and promote the just and efficient conduct of this litigation.”  The MDL has since been expanded to now include seven defendants.

In PTO # 182, Judge Goodwin states that in West Virginia, a design defect inquiry focuses on the date the product at issue was marketed, for these purposes October 2002, regardless of when the plaintiff received her implant. The question becomes whether the manufacturer used reasonable care in designing and manufacturing the product at the time it was marketed.

The Allegations

Made of polypropylene, a petroleum product, Ethicon makes a variety of meshes doctors use to treat pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI). The company believes its products are safe and effective, despite the fact that it quietly removed four of its pelvic mesh products in June 2012. See Mesh News Desk story here.

The Master Complaint alleges the plaintiffs have suffered the following injuries from the TVT implant:

“The injuries, conditions, and complications suffered by women who have been implanted with Defendants’ [TVT] include, but are not limited to, mesh erosion, mesh contraction, infection, fistula, inflammation, scar tissue, organ perforation, dyspareunia (pain during sexual intercourse), inability to engage in sexual relations, urinary problems, inability to void, blood loss, neuropathic and other acute and chronic nerve damage and pain, pudendal nerve damage, shortening of the vagina, pelvic floor damage, chronic pelvic pain, urinary and fecal incontinence, prolapse of organs, and in many cases the women have been forced to undergo intensive medical treatment, including but not limited to, operations to locate and remove mesh, operations to attempt to repair pelvic organs, tissue, and nerve damage, the use of pain control and other medications, injections into various areas of the pelvis, spine, and the vagina, and operations to remove portions of the female genitalia.”

The women received their mesh implants from different physicians and unlike other trials, there are no allegations of medical  malpractice filed against the doctors. The implant surgeries took place over a thirteen-year span of time.

TVT’s Recent $100 Million Loss

This new wave of cases against the TVT, transvaginal tape, erodes the traditional belief that TVT or “tape”  or “slings” are safe and effective.  The tape hammocks a sagging urethra or bladder improving urinary flow.  In fact, medical societies still refer to TVT as the “Gold Standard”, however, that confidence is eroding.

A TVT  mesh made by Boston Scientific, was the subject of a jury ruling in the recent Deborah Barba case that resulted in a $100 million jury award including $75 million in punitive damages.

The Barba case was the first trial to find the TVT was defectively designed, precedent setting in all mesh litigation.#

Bellwether Trials and other trials

Updated 7/1/2015

By PTO # 184, the court consolidated 37 cases which were filed by West Virginia plaintiffs implanted in West Virginia with the Ethicon TVT product on the issue of the defective design element of the plaintiffs’ negligent design and strict liability design defect claims. The lead case is 2:12-cv-02952. Trial is set for December 7, 2015.

LEARN MORE:

PTO #182

http://www.wvsd.uscourts.gov/MDL/ethicon/pdfs/PTO 184.pdf

140 Mesh Injury Lawsuits to be Consolidated in 3 MDLs in West Virginia, MND, Feb 7, 2012

FDA: Class 2 Recall, August 3, 2011 Pinnacle Pelvic Floor Repair Kit, Boston Scientific

Jury Awards Plaintiff $100 Million in Boston Scientific Pelvic Mesh Trial, MND, May 28, 2015

1. MIMIBOOPS says:

What about Bard? Why nothing from them? Oh that’s right…their CEO, CFO, CIO, COO and all high level managers are too busy dumping their stocks right now to bother with it.

• Bejah B says:

I was feeling very sorry fo myself this morning and went back to bed at 9am and just woke up (a big paw in the face!) and I came here to Jane’s site hoping for news, comfort, solace and I read your pen name “Mimiboops” and had to laugh…that is like getting blood out of a stone on days like this when I just learned Care Credit denied my application. I’ll bet they wouldn’t deny JNJ’s worker bees. I must be a bad person. Thanks for that Ms MimiBoops! In my case it would probably be something like “BBoops” I think. Sometimes I think a sense of humor is if not the best defense, the best defiance. Let’s go see what their stock is doing. “Bless your ears and whiskers” as my grandmother used to say.

• MIMIBOOPS says:

Oh bless your heart Bejah. I am glad you were able to smile a bit. 🙂

• Sue McClanahan says:

Don’t give in to the devil’s despair my dear, you are not alone in this fight against the money grubbing corporations who have injured many in the name of greed. I just got home from my consult with Dr. Jacobs Su (a dermatologist), at Loma Linda University Hospital, in order to find out if I am allergic to the TVT bladder sling, of which I still have a piece inside of me. It seems that since the sling was cut I have had an increase in both physical ailments and increased problems to what I had since having the sling put in in 2001. I now have arthritis in my spine, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, not including the persistent diarrhea and unexplained rashes, which I have been suffering through since after having the tvt sling inserted. Dr. Jacob Su was very helpful in explaining how allergic reactions work and setting up an appointment to have the test administered. I have to try and get a piece of the sling that was removed last year, and has been, hopefully, stored for my lawsuit. My new advise to anyone having the sling removed and having it stored at whatever place they store them at, is to also ask for a piece of it placed in a sterile container for yourself, just in case to need to have a patch test done to determine if you are allergic to it. This will save you the added time it will take, of which it will be over a year since I have requested the test to begin with. Anyways hang in there, my prayers go with you and all who have to go through this rough journey.

• nativespirit says:

Ladies it takes years to do all of this all the cases if you obey the rules are winners its been provin the mesh and sling where bad. Judge is doing in chambers court work for the next 5 years so its going to happen each lawyer has to sit down with each manufacturer and seeif claiment will except amount it takes along time eat calcium bentonite clay or memorolite clay it makes your P H the right number it also rids the body of heavy metals humm my wife has been on it for years it keeps her healthy on the inside the right P H and the body is healthy….. we all have to wait our turns my wife still suffers but im going to keep her healthy the best i can be blessed ladies and men pray for the company that hurt you pray for them to offer the right amount and to settle fast …

2. Anonymous Anonymous says:

Then what J&J settle before it goes to the Jury then it’s another ten to go to trial they lose and settle again then say another twenty and so and so on and so on end it now stop already

How about this scenario – $100 million jury award for the 26 plaintiffs and $10 million each punitive damages, or they could settle. What would you do if you were J&J?

• Suzanne McClain says:

I would rather they award more in compensatory damages to these women. If they live in one of the states where Tort Reform is mandated, they may only see a small portion of punitive damages.

• Anonymous Anonymous says:

As far as I’m concerned J&J should not be able to put gage orders on there settlements isn’t this why the MDL was put together for, to show what was being settled and how much so it gave some sort of information on how much to settle and what would be fair for others pffff.

• Bejah B says:

What I still do not understand is how/wy they are allowed to appeal indefinitely, at least that is how I read it. How can that be? How can that be legal? What is the legal prescedent (sp?). At some point doesn’t a case go to the Supreme Court? I would think that would get us the attention we deserve and need. But I do not know what the path is to a Supreme Court decision in Washington.

Sometimes I wonder how much this country cares about women.

Bejah BTW I am having headaches almost constantly now, and even the narcotic pain medicine does not impact them. It is not a feedback loop pain and I wonder what is causing it and if anyone else is plauged by these headaches which seem to be in the frontal cortex (The “executive” and creative part of the “new brain”) and maybe the left parietal lobe, not sure. I was very depressed today so I went to Von’s and bought chocolate ice cream. It was wonderful.

Love to all,

• jade says:

Jane- J & J is desperately trying to delay the process. And, they are being entertained by the Judicial System. What a travesty of Justice (if there is any). They will delay and delay as much as they can. I do believe J&J will let these go to the Jury, so that they can just Appeal, Appeal, Appeal. But, ultimately this snowball of trials, appeals will just get the better of any of the manufactures who choose this course.. Still, all and all, J & J is tactically delaying the due process, costing millions of dollars, more pain and suffering to their victims. They have NO conscious. No remorse. No ability to see the criminal acts they have inflicted on innocent women. I do believe there is a HIGHER Courts that will sit in Judgement on them all.

• nativespirit says:

no the settlements are starting in december and no the company can only file an appeal 2 times and allowed 2 years for each with any luck this will all be over in 5 years or so 70000 plus cases takes time look at judge goodwins court log for the next 5 years all in chambers court procedings this is how its done i have seen it before judge just does settlements from chambers.. no need for trial it has been proven they are junk slings and meshes pray for the judge and pray for J & J to settle fast and to give the right amount would you all be happy with 10 million each hummm

• jade says:

Jane – I thought the system was to try a few cases from each manufacturer as bellwethers- defined as ” A bellwether is one that leads or indicates trends.”. Not to keep trying and trying them like these 26 cases facing J&J. J&J and the other Defendants, have already determined the “trend” or direction is NOT a good one for them. Thus, how can the Court allow them to keep scheduling trials, wasting valuable time and money which should be compensating the victims. This as, Bejah stated, is beyond criminal. How can our Justice System allow this delay tactic to continue?

But the “trend” method has not encouraged settlements from stubborn defendants who think they will win a few if they keep on trying. They were not limited to 4 bellwethers is my understanding. The system is clearly giving defendants more than a fair chance at justice while women suffer and have their justice delayed and denied. I’m not a lawyer, BTW.

• jade says:

Understand. But, sooner (hopefully sooner) or later, they need to see that even IF they win a couple – they are loosing the majority and paying a BIG price for those – not to mention the cost of Appeals which they always do. Or, even IF they settle before going to the Jury, they are incurring tremendous expense to prepare and go to trial. So, where’s the logic here? We must realize that J&J has the money to settle these cases NOW for fair amounts (not that any amount is fair). I just do NOT understand WHAT they could possibly be thinking. Also, if they settle NOW that would go along way to recover some sort of positive public relations?????

• Bejah B says:

Dear people, Remember the old adage (I love old quotes!) that states that “past behavior is a predictor of future successes” or something like that…maybe we should look to past cases JnJ (Their symbol on in the stock mkt I think) has been involved in to see if there is a pattern. Living entities tend to do what they have done before that has worked so what has JnJ done before in situations like this that has worked for them. That may be helpful to us. We all do this and JnJ is a living entity just as we are, it is just made up of some different stuff. If cases they have been involved in as defendants is public record we should have access, and God knows there are probably a lot of cases over time.

• nativespirit says:

the 100 million award will be 50 mill if that there is a law against the full amount, 10 mill would be enough for all women if you all agree on a number it will go faster but if one person is greedy its all messed up. how much is enough????

• jbroken says:

I was wondering is all the settlements to plaintiffs comming, are they going to put all settlements in one pot for all plaintiffs? Since they confined all companies together. That would be awesome for everyone across the board u think. That would help each of us to survive this crisis somewhat. Any thoughts about that anyone.

This is something your law firm should be explaining. For the most part, there are Tiers of Injury, let’s say one through five, that you fit into. The higher the Tier, the more you are compensated. This is how a MDL is different from a class action lawsuit.

• Bejah B says:

Right, One would think they are delusional or falling out of touch with reality. They may learn that there is great truth in “The bigger they are the harder they fall”, and/or that sometimes Goliath loses and David walks off into a golden sunset with what he treasures leaving the past behind. As the evolution of this wind change takes hold the defendants will surely be forced by powers beyond their contol that compel them to at some point…soon I sense, fall to their knees, to relent, if not repent and submit to equitable settlement, which is by any definition only a symbolic payment for destroying the lives of others, and of so many and for their unconscionable arrogance through all of this.

Please someone tell me why what they have done is not considered by the law to be criminal.

I was pondering their logo on Jane’s site. I found myself absent mindedly studying the fonts. Fonts speak, of course. Notice the “in your face” (appropriately) bold red font in the name “ETHICON”. How appropriate, how telling. And then by contrast, the demure “Johnson & Johnson” which conjurs up images of “Leave it to Beaver, and “the Brady Bunch” and so on…all American. “All American”…I do not even know what that means anymore.

I thought this report by Jane was very comprehensive, exceptionally well put together and well cited giving us many paths to follow for more information.

Bravo, Jane

• msm says:

Emphasis on the “CON” !

• Barb says:

God bless you Bejah!! Hopefully you will stop having headaches omy on top of everything else!! I’m curious on this website who your manufacturers are?? Don’t you think there should have been some kind of clause in these bellwether trials that only so many woman could go to court per manufacturer?? In such a mass tort I believe they should not be able to appeal and go by what the juror’s have awarded!! Costing so much more money in appealing trials only holds up more time for other’s to be heard! Does any one know how long it takes to actually appeal a case?? JNJ will and still continue to use stall tactics but you bet your bippy if one of these high and mighty people had a loved one inserted with one of these devices they would expose them till no end! I personally think we should reach out to every media outlet that was provided when the woman went to New Jersey!! Why are we not hearing of when these settlements awarded under the table?? Do we know how many manufacturer’s have decided to settle out of court? Why are we not hearing what these settlements have been even a round figure? I am pretty pissed at my attorney’s they seem to have no answere’s I cal that BS…………….I want to know what these categories we are being put in, what numbers mean that are being put on each and every medical issue, if settlement is reached out of court are we even going to be compensated for not being made what the side effects could/would have been?? I really hope that if we ever get a settlement offer everything that has been considered to these woman in court are also going to part of our monies!! What’s fair far for one should be fair to ALL……………..Judge Goodwin I believe holds the power to set standard laws for these MDLS> Also I tried to find my MDL number and name could not. not afraid if it’s not there but a question is if your manufacturer has made a plan to settle all or more cases out f court would we still be able to find our names V.S the manufacturer??

• nativespirit says:

You need to try to be positive do speak negative things into this world only good loving positive things words or thoughts be blessed all ladies your time will come and those against J&J we will have our day and our money tell your self that everyday thought is real we can make it happen and yes pray for J & J to end the fighting and get these things settled to go on with buisness and life its coming to you all it says a great change of wealth thats you girls be blessed always love ya Ma Ga

• nativespirit says:

NO they can only appeal 2 times each lasting 2 years so maybe if they appeal it will be 5 at the most this came from a lawyer

3. Janis Urban says:

Do you think Judge Goodwin was displeased with J&J at the Status Conference in June? Judge Goodwin was a little subdued in his closing remarks at this conference.

• Bejah B says:

My guess would be that he grows weary. Perhaps he has been approached by certain defendants and encouraged to violate his sacred oath of office and favor the defendants in his decisions. Or perhaps his demeanor is a sign that he is a man of conscience and all these “slings and arrows of misfortune” are taking a toll on him. Imagine being in his position. I pray he is the person I think he is.

• Donna says:

I would love to read the transcript from the status conference on June 2nd, 2015. I haven’t found it yet, but it will eventually show up just like the last one did. Judge Goodwin sounded convincing when he said he won’t stand for delays. I want to know what he said June 2nd.

• nativespirit says:

He is starting in chambers court work in december for the next 5 years that should help you to see its happening for us.. We all have to wait our turn each lawyer has to sit down with the manufacturer and see if person will accept the settle amount then send it back to court to get approved then they pay the lawyer, then deposits he waits for it to clear then sends you a check if you owe no taxes , if you do they get it then you so it all takes time but hes doing settlements for the next 5 years girls grab a iced tea and chill while we wait our turns pray for the company that hurt you pray for them to offer the right amount and pray for them to settle fast all J J cases that have been won for the women still have not gotten their money J & J are bad people but pray for them so it will help you ! be blessed the companys can only file an appeal 2 times each 2 years apart but Goodwin wants them to start settleing THE JUDGE WILL GET WHAT HE WANTS!!!!!

• nativespirit says:

Also think of the econamy think of how much a dollar is worth before you accept your amount.. also dont ask for tens of millions of dollars think of all the others 10 million would do all of you very good and it would happen fast if all accepted that amount or somewhere near that amount Mrs Perry got 6.7 mill for a person who had no pain no restrictions she got that much my wife has all the problems but to get it to settle fast for all she said all she wants is 10 mill. be blessed ladies its not about breaking J & J its about fairness as much as we can get anyway we love you all be possitive be blessed P . S . the one that got 70 some mill it was dropped to 35 million because of a law be fair to yourself but remimber the others is 10 mill enuf ?? think about it thats plenty for all but its your life….

• nativespirit says:

Yes he is pissed we all know the companys are a no win here thats why j & j Is doing what they are they no this is a no win for them and they are throwing a temper tantrum its ok it will happen for us it will be blessed

4. jbrokenbody says:

When do we see the cases for 1999 trail for slings in court? Just can’t find my name under MDL ligation list. Don’t know the file number either. Hear nothing either.

Go to so district of wv. Go to the mdl you are in. Click on numeric list of cases. Upper right hand corner put in search criteria- Plaintiff. Put in your last name. voila!

• jbrokenbody says:

Thanks I did but not seen. A terrible long list. But don’t have the numbers left side. My eyes go crazy cause they blurr. Thank u for your time. Woman of the TIMES!

• Bejah B says:

It is a massive list. Try again. Are you in a NJ or WVA MDL. It is really easy. I just typed in my last name then first name and it came up almost immediately. If you still have trouble maybe someone can do it for you. I am sure even someone in our community will help you. I will if needed but do try again.

• Bejah B says:

Jane….dumb question…how do we know which MDL we are in?

Bejah

Which mesh? Are you filed in WV or state court?

• Bejah B says:

Found it with Suzannes guidance, thanks. Filed in New Jersey.

• Barb says:

Jane it appears that all AMS cases have been terminated or moved, so far they are the ones who have opted to settle is this why?? Also shouldn’t my attorney know my MDL number and state it’s filed?? So far over 4, 000 cases closed still 19 000 plus have not settled……………….

• Dan says:

Does anyone know what CTI means? It is in a column on J&Js MDL list. My wife is CTI 1 so we hope it means something will happen sooner than later.

• Suzanne McClain says:

If your case is filed under the West Virginia MDL, your name should appear on one of these lists. Here is the link:

In the center column, find your mesh manufacturer, and click on it; the click on numerical list of cases.

If your case is on the New Jersey MDL, you can follow this link:

Click on either the Bard of J&J case list.

To locate your name easily, click on edit (top left corner) and click on find. It should open a box on the bottom of the page where you can type in your last name, and it will pull up all cases in that district with the same last name. It will list out beside this box how many last name matches there are, and you can use the arrows in the “find” box to locate your own case.

5. Stopmeshimplants says:

Great reporting, Jane! Thank you for all the details! This is all good information for all of us

to know.

6. K says:

It is about time! Now it will move along and I hope they get hit HARD! Thank you Judge Goodwin!

7. jbrokenbody says:

Well thank u I didn’t know that. God Bless

8. Mesh Nightmare says:

Go figure….How many years will it take to hear all 26,000 Ethicon cases?

26,000 Ethicon cases divided by groups of 26 plaintiffs = 1000 trials.

How many trials per year could Judge Goodwin preside over?

If 2 trials per week, that would be about 100 trials per year.

If 100 trials per year, that would take 10 years.

Just saying!

• msm says:

Add in the fact that these MDL’s are not his only responsibility and he has to split his time with other court proceedings.

• Bejah B says:

What I thought this might mean is that there is a lead case selected from the group of 26. The others may never go to trial. If the outcome of the trial of the lead case favors the plaintiff the others are likely to be quietly settled. Even the lead case may be settled in the course of the trial as well. If this were the case it would reduce the time needed for the courts to address all the cases. Is this possible? Comments anyone?

9. Hurt-via-mesh says:

I was wondering if any one can tell me me when Boston Scientific goes in front of Judge Goodwin?? Or are they licking their wounds from the 100mil?? Can’t get info from Atty. Its always- we will let you know.

You may want to go to Google- Southern District of WV. Click on the Boston Scientific MDL on the first page. Go to either Bellwether in small print up top or Orders. Keep monitoring it and let me know if you see something. It takes a lot of work to keep an eye on all of this and you’all can help. Thank you!

10. Sarah says:

Lets just hope the cases are strong! A loss of any of the clients can hurt our cases. Although I’m happy for the women of West Virginia disappointed for the rest of us why we sit and wait longer!

• Bejah B says:

Sarah, You have a very good point. If some poorly qualified lawyer on Main Street, USA get his hands on a mesh case he could cause problems for us all. I think that has happened already once, last year. JnJ selected a case (deliberately I am sure) that they thought was weak and poorly represented and the plaintiff lost either because she had bad counsel, some guy who thought he hit the big time and was going to make a lot of money, or because her case was not properly vetted by her own law firm. That is why it is very important that we select high quality representation if we can. I am sure you have all heard that the one with the best lawyers and the most money wins. It costs money to prepare cases, especially cases like this and any intelligent attorney is not going to take a case that does not have sufficient merit to stand up to the defendants counsel.

11. vistor says:

Oncolytics Biotech, Inc?

Judge Joseph R. Goodwin’s Recusal List

April 2, 2015

Judge Joseph R. Goodwin has interests that would cause his recusal from any case: civil, criminal, bankruptcy, or administrative review, involving any of the following entities that could be affected by the case outcome:

Eca Marcellus Trust

Goodwin & Goodwin LLP

Oncolytics Biotech, Inc

Protea Biosciences (PRGB)

United States Attorney’s Office, Southern District of West Virginia

• newbie says:

it is a company that create therapies for cancers

• msm says:

“Oncolytics Biotech Inc. is focused on the development of oncolytic viruses for use as cancer therapeutics.” Sounds like a good investment. Nothing to do with mesh.

• Bejah B says:

Hi msm and newbie, I did a cursory check of these three entities and his law firm. I checked the names and bios of the Boards of Directors and did not find anything suspect. We could dig deeper. I am sure he was vetted by the court before being selected for this assignment too. If there is something there to be concerned about I did not see it looking at the surface of all the companies. He obviously has an interested in biotech which probably represents the field as a still emerging and exciting field for investment. What concerns me is the impression I got from his law firm’s website…a general impression that he does not support the common man in his legal areas of representation and there is a very clear impression of very conservative values which can mean many things, some good, some not so good. My sense is that he is privately inclined to favor business in matters of law. This is just my common woman sense.

The ECA Trust ECA stands for Energy Corporation of America. The company has natural gas wells. I see no indication of oil production (sucking).

Protea Biotechs is more esoteric and interesting (IMHO) in its focus,,,I will say proteins and bio-molecules but I expect that is very simplistic.

Obviously the individual who mentioned this background material on Judge Goodwin had a reason for doing so. I am not sure why he or she is maintaining an aura of mystery but it may be because of their proximity to the core issues we face. Maybe we could have volunteers agree to do a deep search of each of these entities so there is not a duplication of effort and so we feel comfortable that we have reasonably explored the possibility of things like conflict of interest, which the judge should have disclosed.

It may not matter anymore if something I came across is what I think it is but we need Jane to look at it and interpret. Make sure you are strapped in for this one IF I am right.

Have as good a day as you can people,

Thank you “visitor”.

• msm says:

Researching Judge Goodwin as if he is suspected of any bias is a huge insult personally and professionally. There is no reason to think that there has been any prejudice in his courtroom. The majority of verdicts are in favor of plaintiffs and he continues to encourage manufacturers to settle so that women will not wait years for trials followed by years of appeals. Settlements give plaintiffs a choice between settling or awaiting trial. He doesn’t have to do anything but sit back and allow the MDL to go on case by case for decades. Instead, he is working with both sides to move things forward.

• Bejah B says:

msm, Thank you for your comments. I understand but we do not have the luxury of blind faith and if anyone mentions something that may be questionable we must explore it. It does not mean we have lost faith in Judge Goodwin to perform his duties honorably but we must watch, analyze and listen carefully to everyone involved in this. We have at times even expressed concern about eachother. I guess it is just part of the process. Please do not take offense.

12. jbrokenbody says:

I only have phone low end not able to find me. My case number I put in but says invalid so I guess it’s different from when filed. Mesh sling pubovaginal sling with numbers. Can’t look it up either. So someone offered to help me that’s great. I have to urology dr. In a few. So when I return I will know more maybe or not. I’m slow now a days since I’m not a active person or in the working world hurts you more. Thank u all. I’ve been reading these in the last 2-3 mths. I have been shocked in awe. I’ve been afraid to text much. But got brave and now I feel I knew I was right something in my body attacking me. I’ve been labeled. So sad. But yes I could use help to just see my name to see that this is so real. Thank u to all u brave hearts.

• Bejah B says:

Don’t be afraid, fear can kill you. You must be strong and you know somewhere within you can…this strength is about the mind, the heart, the soul, not the body. “Mind over matter”. Have faith no matter what happens. Your case number on the list does not really give us much information so as long as you have that I would not worry. If you need your case number we can help but your legal representative should be able to give it to you. Remember they are working for you so speak to them in strength. If you still need help I will try to help you but I must do so without revealing my identity. We are a community. We help eachother. If sometimes no one responds know that it is not that they do not care. They may be feeling badly, frightened, unsure of what to say to you…any number of things that are not a reflection on you. We are all here, and we hear you. Again, have faith. Remember also that even when you are alone, you are never alone. You can talk to the Father anytime.

• jbrokenbody says:

Amen thanks I do know my legal case number but not court docket maybe. I did have a visit today but not wanting to talk about it. It was exhausting day.

• Bejah B says:

If your case number says “invalid” you must immediately call your attorney and demand an answer if necessary, sometimes we need to be bitchy and if people do not like it that is too bad for them. Also if you can call the court to ask what that means. Remember the old adage, “Get it in writing”. I wonder if your attorney will state in writing why your case number is invalid.

13. Deb says:

Why hasn’t the National News on TV been broadcasting all of this????????? That would be the best thing to happen and maybe they would lose a lot of stockholders

• Bejah B says:

Because JNJ for example is that powerful. We still have free press when it comes to posting recipies but it is a whole other world where serious matters are concerned.

• Deborah says:

I AGREE WITH DEB, THIS WHOLE THING REALLY NEEDS TO GO PUBLIC!!!!! I MEAN LOOK AT ALL THE YEARS, AND NOW GOODWIN IS GOING TO HEAR 27 CASES? BS!

WE NEED TO WAKE UP AND GRAB THIS MULE BY THE REIGNS, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, AND THE STATUE RUNS OUT AND EVERYTHING ELSE THEY CAN COME UP WITH!

14. Pamela Silva says:

One thing I have wondered about, in all this time regarding the list to which you are referring, my clearly says terminated. But, it does not say “closed.

What does this mean? The law firm will not return my phone calls and mine is Coloplast. I just would like to understand. Terminated is not listed by everyone’s name. I am not an idiot. I don’t know what to do , though.

• Informed Source says:

In response to Pamela Silva, sometimes law firms enter tolling agreements on their litigation cases. Often times, one of the requirements to enter the tolling agreement is to dismiss the case WITHOUT prejudice. The tolling agreement will keep you statute of limitations in a holding pattern and if you do not come to a settlement, you will be able to re-file your claim, as long as the tolling agreement is not expired. You would have to check with your firm to see if this was the case, but I know you said they are not responding to your calls, so I thought I would try to help you. This has been the case with many of the Coloplast cases throughout the country, as Coloplast is trying to settle as many cases without going to court.

• Pamela Silva says:

You did, I found a tolling agreement between them that no one told me about before I found this form. I realize we sign forms that they get to act in our “best” interest. But, they have done so much and not ever told me anything. I only ever wanted to understand how it worked. I don’t expect them to train me to be a lawyer. But the could have had the common decency to discuss something this important. They never told me. In fact, everything I learned, was from the public information on the court’s website. I have not heard anything about Coloplast settling for the 40,000. They never even asked me if I would take it. Probably wasn’t enough to pay their fee, I would assume. Tolling expires at the end of this year. That much saw. So, re file as an MDL or re file as get another firm and go to trial? And I thank you more than I can possibly tell you for at long last shedding light for me.

• msm says:

It does not appear that your case filed against Coloplast was terminated. A case against Ethicon was terminated. It might have been filed in error but your attorney should be able to explain it.

Coloplast Corp., (TERMINATED 06/20/2014: Ethicon, Inc., Ethicon, LLC, Johnson & Johnson)

• Pamela Silva says:

Perhaps they could if they would return my phone calls. They don’t do updates of any kind. They have not contacted me in well over a year on their own and I have now called six times to the attorney as I was suppose to with no return call from her.

• Bejah B says:

Dear Informed Source, I know this is a bit late but I catch up when I have the time, the energy. How would you characterize the posturing of JnJ/Ethicon in this matter, if I may ask. It does not seem to aligh with the other corporations producing this material.

(1) Refusing to participate in settlement conferences ordered by the MDL judge

(2) Destruction of a considerable number of documents on judicial hold

(3) Statements such as “We will never settle”.

I find it baffling and almost irrational from my humble perspective. I was implanted with an Ethicon mesh. Thanks very much for any comments that I know my fellow JnJ victims will appreciate.

• Advocate says:

Pamela, your firm has probably started settlement talks with Coloplast. They might have been required to dismiss your case for the moment (dismiss without prejudice) and if they are unable to reach the required agreement with Coloplast, they would refile your claim.

• Bejah B says:

That is awful conduct on the part of the lawfirm you contracted. Read your contract with them very carefully. I would get the name of the person or persons who would not talk to you and report the firm and the attorney to the state attorney general’s office.

I do not know what “terminatd” means but I saw that word next to several names with no explanation. You should also be able to call the court and ask what various terms mean. They may have a list on the website.

Also, I think you can appeal….use a different lawyer IMHO. Don’t lose heart. Keep trying.

• Pam Silva says:

Buffy Martinez is one of the partners. And what is so sad, the older woman she has that answers the phone once in a while. She does not know even as much as those of us in this group. So, there is no way to tell if they are good, bad whatever. They were NOT the initial one I contracted. That firm had so many cases they farm some out and that is what happened to me.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you DO hear from your attorneys, firms, or whatever, in some form, newsletters, phone calls. etc. Mine has been filed for almost two years, I think. And, I wanted to know how an MDL worked. I knew there was no answer to the money. Not unless they were clairvoyant. And, like most of you, I need surgery again, but, I have no one else to help me. Odd statistic isn’t it? Almost as odd, and I was grateful he mentioned this, as the 40% who were on Medicare and Medicaid? Or just Medicaid, I can’t remember, mentioned by the rep for the third party subrogation.

And just fyi, if you utilize google, and make an alert for transvaginal mesh, you will get a lot of notices that hit the real news.

Hi Pam- Please seek out a law firm that is responsive to your questions. Afterall, at the end of the day, they will expect 40% for their effort. You can go to http://www.meshnewsdesk.com and use the Search Bar. Put in multidistrict litigation, for example, and pull up old stories that tell you what it is and how it was formed. There are more than 600 pages there that go through the history of this mesh issue and trials. A wealth of info….

15. Andagain says:

This happened this month also, after the stats conference. I guess i don’t understand, sometimes i think what news we do ger is so vague. Wonder if they are going to start sorting or what.

• msm says:

Cases are often dismissed during discovery because of the statute of limitations or lack of proof of causation and technicalities. Sometimes it is because there is no document in the medical records submitted specifying that a particular product was implanted. It can also happen because the attorney dropped the ball and didn’t provide everything required by the court. The key is with or without prejudice which the article does not address. If the cases were dismissed “without prejudice” then the case can be re-filed.

It is always interesting when this sort of “teaser” suggests that more details are available at a link which goes to a law firm asking you to sign up before you can read the details which probably don’t exist anyway.

It appears that numerous cases were dismissed. All four cases selected for bellwether trials were dismissed by the plaintiffs with prejudice (won’t be re-filed). To further stifle progress all but 2 of the 30 cases selected for the Discovery Pool were dismissed by one side or the other. This seems to have forced the court to move the remaining cases to trial. They will be organized into groups and sent to their respective federal districts for trial.

This is all contained in Pretrial Order #59 under the Cook MDL. This and other orders can be found at the website for MDL 2440 in the US District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia. It’s always good to go to the source.

• Bejah B says:

Dear msm, With regard to your comment that dismissals occur because surgery records do not include the details on the material implanted. There is mounting evidence I am not allowed to discuss that

(1) Defendants have clearly stated in a most unbecomming and cavilier manner (Premeditation) that where most of these surgeries are concerned there is no detail on the material implanted and therefore the case is or should be dismissed.

(2) There are now countless cases where someone in the surgery suites deliberately threw out the identifying information in the trash and never entered it in the surgery record as required by law.

Evdence continus to be gathered that with intention and malice the defendants and their agents repeatedly engaged in this practice creating an undeniable pattern of subtrefuge and deceit. It is their belief that if the detail does not exist in the surgery report the case against them can be thrown out. We believe justice will, in the end, prevail.

• Pamela Silva says:

Again, I am referring to Coloplast, which I never hear discussed in almost anything. But, you are right, info is certainly vague. Especially when “my” own law firm does not return my calls. Just wondered, so thanks. If she calls me back ever, I will ask her. I did wonder if they could dismiss a case and just not tell you for fear the ruckus it would raise???

• msm says:

The above question was regarding an article concerning the MDL involving Cook Medical, Inc.. That is what I replied to. However, if you are interested in Coloplast, you might also find your answers at the source for MDL 2387 in the US District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.

• Bejah B says:

Pamela, Try not to worry so much, it is hard, I know. It is a constant battle for me too but I think it eats away at you, this worry. We should be able to assume your lawfirm would not have taken your case or filed it if they did not believe it had sufficient merit. Sometimes cases are dismissed on the most trivial grounds, because someone in the law office forgot to dot an “i”, etc. I like to think this does not happen very often but it is something that the defendants will pour after searhing for in Discovery. I think we all hold our breath about this at times. And I do not think that the law allows for plaintiffs to not be advised if there is a dismissal. The land is littered with them, history is littered with them, like the wounded and fatally injured on a battlefield. Some are saved and others are lost. Try to be hopeful even when it is hard.

• Pamela Silva says:

Actually, I don’t. I don’t sit around waiting for some miracle or solution to happen. It was only because I just found this website that I asked some of the question that have bothered me. The one that bothers me the most, a law firm that does not have to maintain contact of any kind with it clients. I resent being treated like a charity case just because we are in an MDL. They stand to gain quite a bit if they win. Do most of you find that your law firms update you, or do they all do this?

They could be doing a much better job. I’ve asked for law firms to run press releases through Mesh News unedited, they could reach out to thousands of clients at a time. It would help me in terms of compensation for press releases. No takers so far. Ask your firm, maybe they would agree it is a great way to reach out to many at one time.

• Bejah B says:

This is why our cases must be as airtight as possible. There are many causes for dismissal that fail to recognize a legitimate claim, simply because, as in these cases (Reuters) the plaintiffs counsel failed to properly present them. Remember if your case is denied it is NOT necessarily because there is insufficient evidence that the damage you suffered was because of the mesh. You must be able to prove a causal link. No one is accussing you of pretense. That is not much comfort but at least it is a little.

On the other hand, these kinds of cases attract individuals who have questionable character and motivation. They see it as a path to easy money. These are the people Judge Goodwin tries to identify, These are the individuals who make our lives more painful. They are also the individuals JnJ has the strongest emotional response to, as do I.

• Barb says:

WOW woud be so pissed if I had that attorney firm!! Completely was not prepared I wonder ow many other cases will be thrown out for not having proper documentation!! Either this would have been some kind of set up, or perhaps these woman were just thinking the of the almighty dollar,,,,,,,,,,all around incompetence. I think there will be other cases similar whether cases are settled out o court or trial!! PEOPLE get all your information , when you have a doctors appt get all paper work saves attorneys time and helps moves along cases! I thought before your cases wen t trial you are supposed to have supporting documentation to prove how strong your case is………as well as our attorney’s having many go over our cases before court!!

16. Deborah says:

I have been waiting 5 yrs. explained MDL were multi litigation 26 folks arent gonna get it!

• Deb says:

I was the first one to respond to the commercial 5 yrs ago my lawyer said. I have over 14 sypmtoms in my body and I am dieing, live in boise lawyer in NJ….HELP ME PLEASE…..how can I get help before I die, this has been more than 6 years

I have surgery’s every 8 mo.s now I need other surgery’s . I have mesh in the VAG…bladder and rectum. I can barely breath and have lost 4 teeth so far. It is attacking everywhere in my Central Nervous System. I live in. my bathroom and bed. I have incontinence so bad it happens every 20-30 min. I am dieing without some major repair..Can any of u help me

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!!!!

• Bejah B says:

Dear Deb, I am so sorry and wonder how soon I will be in your position. Be sure your physician(s) keep the tissues and send them to a trustworthy lab for anlaysis as I think this will be important for your case regardless of where you are in Heaven or Earth. Mak sure you have a will and a Trust if you can manage that. Sr. Centers should be able to advise you on reasonable places to have these done. Continue to fight and try to think positive even if you feel it is hopeless. Your body will know if you have given up and will respond to your lead. Try to be brave. I say this wondering if I can be.

Finally, a little story. When I moved into this house after I had lost my mom, and lost her house, and had to sell my house as a short sale due to mortgage fraud and other terrible things I went to the Catholic priest at the local church, an old Catholic church (Love old churches). I am not Catholic but it does not matter. I told the priest my story. I told him I worried that I was being beset on by a Deamon. I asked him to come and cleanse my house. He took my hands and said that I was not being attacked by Satan.He blessed me and performed a cleansing ceremony. He told me my house was “clean”. And then he said that I might consider that Jesus had invited me to share the passion of the cross and thus the cascade of painful and terrible events of my life since 2007 when my blood was infected with MRSA in the ER of a local hospital (an IV). I don’t know but all of this is not unlike being drug through the streets, and beaten and suffering the cross. I have said that it may be true that religion is the opiate of the masses (Karl Marx) but it was not said that it is not also true. I believe that those who inflict unbearable pain and suffering on others knowingly will be brought to justice in one way or another. I leave it in the Fathers hands and this brings me some peace.

17. Andagain says:

Thank you, that all makes sense. And I also noticed the link.

18. jbrokenbody says:

The visit to my specialist said I have to have a hysterectomy and fix my bladder an its going too take some test like caravans and other. He didn’t get into it cause he said he needed to get either gun he works with to see and know full details of what,when,an do. I asked if he could see sling he said no not at this piont. He seemed skeptical. So this is where I’m at. My sling has numbers can’t even pull those up from FDA and year. Saw where it said nothing over three years an archived. Search that real good but no findings. And no my name doesn’t come up. Never could find edit in top left side. But I’m going fishing today to just try too relax. So later I will ask. Its so unreal too believe all of this stuff that it flat blowing my mind mentally. I do PTSD an severe depression. I do take care of myself an keep it under control. However, I have my moments. As all of u sweet hearts an men too. I didn’t do drugs,or drink aclholic,and took care of my body. However I do smoke lol. But at almost thrity I started yaep. Had my own business,home,marriage and it’s alone an struggle for my life somewhat better. Cause they took that. Yes I’m mad,anger,hurt,Unreal u name it. I want the most like everyone else deserves an on top some need prison time. Yes they do this is unconstitutional. We have rights. We had to take drug test to even hold a job or business for safety. They did this. Guilty peoples. FDA SHOULD be held accountable as well. They let it fly without testing. Wrong is wrong. Right is right. These peoples knew they were getting away with it. Enron,Madoff,Wall Street all these peoples got time an made to repay if I’m not wrong. Like a modern day Hitler attack on us. How dare they. I’m sorry for being this way, but can’t help myself, so saddened. Loves ladies an gentlemen.

• Bejah B says:

jbb…try going to the upper left corner and then right click your mouse and see if you get a little box you can enter your last name in. Try calling the FDA also, And call the court to help you. They will want to know what mesh you have, what company produced it. If it is not on your medical/sugery record it should be, it is required by law not that that means much anymore.

19. jbrokenbody says:

I heard of a Dr. In Minnesota, an one in Orgeon that was posted for those surveyed. I saw it on this site. See if u can find them by internet. The one in Minnesota or Missiuor is called the purple heart dr. I recall it somewhat. I’m so sorry,but we all are suffering with u. We have to believe in our higher power. My specialist is going for bladder an hysterectomy. I think it’s ok. Don’t know what to do from fl. But role with it. Just letting lawyer know soon. I don’t hear nothing either. But dr. Said I have to have surgery regardless. Want much help. But u will find surgeons specialist under mesh complications k God Bless u

20. Deborah says:

are these 27 people suppose to be MDL’S? Or are they individual cases??????

They are all filed in the MDL in West Virginia and they are all from WV, that’s why they are grouped together, also they have the TVT. I think you are asking if they are bellwether cases. Not being a a lawyer, I believe the 4 bellwether were a suggestion that we should have some idea of who the winds are going for plaintiffs and defendants after four cases…. but… if a defendant wants to hold out and NOT settle, they may have that latitude. Lawyers? Weigh in here, thank you.

21. Bejah B says:

On the matter of the number of times a corporation can appeal a case…I have pasted in this information but I still do not understand why they are eviidently allowed to appeal indefinitely which seems to me to oppose the rule of law and the spirit of the law. Will someone please explain this? Bejah

HOW MANY TIMES CAN A CORPORATION APPEAL A DECISION

Expert: Jane T (LLC) replied in 2009.

There is no specific number of times cases can be appealed, although cases can only be appealed for specific reasons, such as

1. jury error,

2. lack of effective assistance of counsel,

3. improper judge action (failure to permit or deny evidence, failure to properly instruct the jury, etc.)

…and if those options are not properly appealed then further appeals may be denied. In general, a party can appeal a court’s decision to the next highest court in the system, one time and is supposed to include all reasons for their appeal that one time so if they forget or fail to include a reason for appeal in that one case that may cause them to be unable to bring up that issue in separate appeal.

There may be a difference as to whether a case can to to the “supreme court” (by which I am assuming you mean the United States Supreme Court, not a state supreme court. The US court system is divided between federal courts and state courts. Federal courts (which are district courts, circuit courts of appeals, and then the Supreme Court) normally only take cases that involve federal law (such as HIPAA, immigration, etc.) or US Constitutional questions (such as civil rights, eminent domain, arrest warrants, etc.). State courts, on the other hand, normally deal with all kinds of cases/laws that do not involve federal law or US Constitutional laws, such as family law, contract law, consumer protection laws, and other “state” law crimes or civil matters. State cases are heard, normally, in state trial courts, then appealed to state appeals courts, then (if there are reasons) to the state Supreme Court. If a state supreme court case somehow involves a US federal law or a US Constitutional principle, then the case may be appealed to the US Supreme Court.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/law/18lhg-times-case-appealed-goes.html#ixzz3dewLKCvb

However, be aware that the US Supreme Court does NOT have to take an appeal (caller certiorari) in all cases and the US Supreme Court justices normally pick and choose which cases they want to take.

More information on the US court systems can be found here Information about each of the individual states’ court systems can be obtained by visiting the websites of each state’s supreme court or court system, for example, the CA, NY, and FL courts websites can be seen in the links provided.

Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)

22. Deborah says:

JANE,

WHAT IS YOUR INPUT ON THIS 27 PLAINTIFF HEARING?

It’s a trial and is now up to 29 plaintiffs. It will be very interesting and i would like to be there to see how it works… Product liability missing the failure to warn count.

23. Deborah says:

I BELIEVE, WE SHOULD REALLY START GETTING PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I PERSONALLY ,HAVE HAD ENOUGH, MANY ,MANY ,YEARS AND MANY EXCUSES, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

OH YES THERE ARE STOCKS AND MONEY IS THE MAIN THING HERE, NOT OUR HEALTH!

THIS HAS GOT TO GO, FURTHER THEN JUST THE BLOGS, ETC, GOD BLESS JANE, WE NEED MORE JANE’S, YA’LL CHECK OUT THE COURT CALENDER, GOOGLE, WVSD.USCOURTS.GOV/ETHICON/ , GO UP TO THE LIST AND CLICK NUMERICAL LIST OF CASES, IT WILL TAKE A WHILE HOPE YOU KNOW YOUR CASE NUMBER, FOR ETHICON CASES, BECAUSE IT IS A LONG LONG LIST , IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU DON’T KNOW YOUR DETAILS CALL YOUR ATTORNEY’S THEY OWE YOU THAT INFORMATION, BECAUSE THEY ARE WORKING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

24. dottie says:

you won’t beliee how many lawsuits JnJ has, various products: site: http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/jnj_global_lawsuits.shtml; also has other company info on here.

25. Deborah says:

WHO, IS CALLING THE SHOTS HERE ? J

UDGE GOODWIN, OR J&J

26. jbrokenbody says:

Yap GOLBAL US SUPREME COURTS IN DC. needs this in their COURT.!! UNREAL modern day global Hitchman these company’s. This is a CRSISES for god sakes. Where an why is the national news not jumping on board here. Where is 20-20 at. Daine Shawer I ask u, please help us get this out there. Its wrong,wrong,wrong. I’m broke, I want to do something but facing surgery. We have got to show the nation of evil wrongs to the world. Its corruption at its best AMEN GOD HELP US ALL.

27. Bejah B says:

Jane, the site will not let me post the piece. I think it is too long so I will just provide the link here and hope people will follow it to this very comprehensive article on Vulvodynia, which many of us have developed since being implanted. I promise there is a lot of wonderful information here and I pray the link works:

Bejah

Thank you. I was not aware there is a space limitation, but that is the link for anyone interested. thank you.

• Tammy (KY) says:

Bejah,
      This link is awesome….thank you. You have been peeping in my life. Lol.. Now my sickness has a name. Thank you….you are full of knowledge. Please email me, would love to speak with you…. Tamila.jackson65@gmail.com

• Bejah B says:

Hi Tammy, I will. So glad you are not upset with me for not being able to provide support for June 2nd…now so long ago! I will email you in the next couple of days but not sure you should post your email here…any hacker could use it (I think) to access your computer(s) through your server, right? Am I becomming neurotic? Has the mesh effect finally reached into my brain? Oh, my ears and whiskers! Glad you agree with me about the website with Vulvodynia information.

Take care,

• Tammy (KY) says:

Bejah,

You have always been with us lady. Praying you can come one day. I’d never be upset with you lady. I understand pain, travel, money, unable to sit, ride and many other factor stops us lady. You were there in spirit. Thank you for all your info and hard work. Be blessed….look forward to your email.

28. Bejah B says:

I have another idea that might help us. What if many of us have a history where there are many medical correlations. That may help us answer some of the questions we have and prove to be a catalyst that will attract research dollars, or should I say honorable research dollars. Here is a list of some things in my medical history to start. Please reply if you had any of these also:

Endometriosis

Scoliosis

Malformed internal organs

Severe pain with periods

Excessive blood loss with periods

Anemia

Please be sufficiently vague in the event the defendants representatives are watching. If we begin to see dramatic correspondences we can alter data gathering so that a private email is used and/or people are identified by code numbers.

29. tammy says:

I do not trust any this any more. I’m homeless now for sure sick an I’m dying. We all need together and scream to the top of our lungs. Who is really letting this happen to us i do not trust any of it, they don’t give a damn that is for sure. The devil never sleeps. We are all doomed. That’s it, i just have to face it an die in peace.

• Tammy (KY) says:

You must keep FAITH….. Above all FAITH. God, has a plan. He has already claimed VICTORY!!! Please pray, talk with your Pastor or reach out. I’m praying for you. You can email me anytime…..Tamila.jackson65@gmail.com

God bless you sister. Praying you have a good doctor.

• Bejah B says:

Tammy, Get a grip girl…you can deal with this, remember the Father does not give us what I will call tasks, if he does not think we can cope with them. Remember we can learn from everything that happens to us. And remember to keep your heart pure. Imagine what it must be like for those who have sold their souls to the darkness for $$$$. Instead of grieving too much (very hard) find gratitude for what you have and who you are. The darkness will try to weaken you, to suck you in, to cause you to give up hope but you always have a choice. Choose life, choose light, choose faith. Praying for ya.

• tammy says:

I so sorry for posting up such a desperet blog my life is in the lords hands he will take care of me this is all about greed i have finally woke up an realised that i need to pray an not trust doctors all the time that is just the way it is i pray i can live out the reast of my life not worrying about this lieing mess no more it has consumed to much of my life allready god be with me this iscrazy an they got way more money my life dont mean a thing to them i pray that god will for give me for putting up that desperit blog even though the last six years has been nothing but worrying over this mess im not doing it any more they do not care what this has done to my body they have the money i dont so that is it thank you god for loveing me .im afraid finding out more what this mesh mess can still do to my body.

30. jbroken says:

Yes I understand that some women have had then signs of problems. But myself been told many other kinds. Like pulomanary problems, high blood pressure, blood in urine, pad, Fred, endometriosis, bladder infections, boils good Lord they hurt, heuristics, staff, been in an out of hospital called suspicious in ICU four days an two days an couldn’t tell me what was wrong or what happened. Vomiting out of control, diarrhea couldn’t leave house. My face or legs, ankles swell for no apparent reason, an pain across my whole bottom end, back pain, neck pain, blurred vision on sometimes. Got pictures weighing large to now a small lady now. Coughing when I didn’t smoke, labeled severe depression, PTSD, claim I had a TBI cause they couldn’t find out what was wrong. So I know an complained about something in my body attacking me. So I’m was mental, depressed an pumped so much meds that I had a simply wreck in my car not my fault an cops took my lincenses an still without them. I’m upset too. But now I’m proactive told my doc. That an not long after that they sent a letter to me with all correct address name, but wrote dear ms leech we can no longer etc. As a patient. Go figure. So now new dr. Works well an isn’t drugging me thank god. Amen I know I was right about my body an me. I have to have surgery now an we are exploring what’s up to proceed. I have faith in my law firm an justice. I can say my lawyers do stay in touch. So I’m thankfully. But everyone call your lawyers they will speak to u. They have their hands full. But Bejah u might have good idea on your thoughts of research. That’s a great idea. I pray for us all. I had my own business in trucking an rigs. My ole Dr. Took me out saying bouncing up an down caused my problems an said retire. I couldn’t understand how that was possible. But it came real an my life sucks on this as. I was a two hundred thousand bread winner. Now struggling. Wow I’ve got to stop cause tears are falling. I miss my life of travel. God Bless

• Bejah B says:

Dear jb, Thanks for sending the information on your symptoms. I also have some you mentioned that I did not include:

High blood pressure

Blurred vision

PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder)

I will update you on this effort but if people do not respond there is nothing I can do. I can not go back through commentary and search for data, that would not be ethical or fair. People need to respond to this and if they are too afraid, or weary I understand very well as I often am too, but we will not get very far. We need to be courageous.

And I need to start sending Jane some money every month, even a little so she can cover more events, make our presence known, and report back to us. If you are like me, the more articles Jane writes the more I want!

Fear not that this will give the defendants something to hang their case on…it will not. We may learn why some are more sensitive initially to this petroleum derivitive and others seem not to be so far but we will not know the definitive answer to this question for a long time. What is becomming clearer with every day that passes is that this material is toxic to the human body and to insert it into a woman’s body (and men’s) constitutes a crime against humanity. The criminals who allowed this to happen and directed these programs with intent and full knowledge of the probability for harm, the individuals who ignored or secreted away incriminating information, and even allegedly destroying volumes of evidence, these entities and individuals will be found guilty of these crimes against humanity, against their own people,and they bear the burden of guilt. (I think that was the mother of all run on sentences!)

Any efforts we undertake, in the absence of any respectable academic institution stepping forward to do the research, are only directed at understanding our symptoms and helping others. It is our sacred duty as women, as citizens of our nation, and as arguably the most sentient beings on the planet, to save ourselves, and to help others in need.

It is my personal belief that those found ultimately responsible for this largest Mass Tort in US history be appropriately charged and tried and imprisoned for they seek to enrich themselves at the expense of the people of this nation, at the expense of the spirit of this nation, and in violation of the documents on which it was founded.

31. jbroken says:

Hi Bejah, nice to meet u an Jane. However, I believe u about getting know our systems. But I do believe maybe our blood factors could be a roll in each person’s body, that can have these different symptoms. Like I was never a bloody blender mthly. Pain barriers in different women then too. I believe e cheese is very different. I never grew my hair back after that surgery. My hair on my head was heavy thick curly hair an it comes out in groves lol. Thinning going on an its long. Its took me ten yrs to get it This long past my shoulders. So I believe blood line an body markups play a role. Ur thoughts

32. jbroken says:

Feel free to email me jnwayers57@gmail.com. I believe in justice. I believe in my lawyer too. I do pray for all of us. I’m trying to watch my thought process so I’m not damaging anything. But my problems I’ve always believed from them surgeries I had. The cheese thing in last comment was I was interrupted. Sorry lol. But I do pray for compensation for being a dog or pig for testing humans at least. I feel we are owed that. I can’t change what they have done. But they owe me for being their test dog,pig,goat etc. I’m on their payroll, for that matter all of us no matter the affect upon someone. U feel me.

33. Jbroken says:

We should look at it like this. We should be on payroll being their ginnipeg,dog, etc. We need our pay for being human pig,dog whatever. That’s how I see it. I’m sorry. Strongly feel this way for anyone to have gone threw this. GOD BLESS

34. Deb says:

I STILL NO WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN TO BRING THEM TO THEIR KNEES…… GET OUR STORY OUT TO THE INVESTORS….I NO ABOUT FREEDOM OF PRESS BUT ALL U LAWYERS OUT THERE CAN FIND A LOOP HOLE AND SAY OUR PEACE BECAUSE WE ALSO HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH..SO WHERE CAN WE BEGIN..THINK PEOPLE.

THERE IS A WAY TO RELEASE THIS TO THE PUBLIC . THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THEM.

I AM ALMOST DEAD WITH ALL THE SYMPTOMS ABOUT 14 PLUS, I CAN’T BREATH I CAN’T WALK MY CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM HAS BEEN INVADED IN EVERY PART OF MY BODY.I HAVE MESH IN 3 PARTS OF MY PEL VIC

AND 2X IN A COUPLE OF THOSE AREAS..IT GOES ON AND ON. DOES ANYONE CHANGE THEIR CLOTHES 4XADAY I DO BECAUSE ANY THING TOUCHING MY BODY HURTS

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH!!!!!!!! ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I CONSIDER SUICIDE A LITTLE MORE EVERYDAY BECAUSE OF PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! ” GOD BLESS ALL OF US.” FOR ME, TIME IS RUNNING OUT. LETS HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS THE MOST…..INVESTERS, STOCKHOLDERS, ETC. COME ON, THERE IS A WAY WE CAN SPEAK OUT HELP US PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE U ALL, I WISH THE BEST TO ALL, BUT FOR ME THE PAIN EVERYWHERE IS GETTING TO BE TOO MUCH.

LET’S DO SOMETHING NOW

LOVE TO ALL,

DEB

• Jbroken says:

Too Deb. My heart breaks for u and Tammy an all others. Here is info for u to contact ABCNEWS.COM tell 20-20 here an maybe they will help u sweety. God Bless

• Bejah B says:

Deb, The defendants would be happy to see you commit suicide and so would the dark lord of the underworld. You are being seduced by the darkness. Fight it. You can and you must. With every soul we lose in this way a light goes out in Heaven. Try what I did when I was in the deepest Depression I have ever been in:

1. Keep moving

2. Replace every negative thought with a positive thought

3. Keep your house as clean as you can…it will make you feel better. It will also distract you from suicidal thoughts.

4. Call a suicide hotline for talk therapy

5. Get a puppy!

Stay with us. You can talk to us here…talk therapy helps a lot….what about your church…they often have talk therapy available. If you are not taking anti depressants you need to start. Sometimes you need to try a few to find one that works well.

What I learned, one of the things I learned on that journey is that it is not that YOU decide to commit suicide, it is that your mind shifts and it is as if a different you makes that choice. That is why we say that all things pass and tomorrow is a new day but you cannot be passive in this process, you need to commit to the fight to save yourself and sometimes it will be very hard, and at other times it will be OK, if not wonderful. It is also possible with many types of Depressive Disorder to go into remission and remain stable with the right medication.

• Tammy (KY) says:

Deb,

I’m praying for you Dear. God bless you and give you peace. The TRUTH is coming out, and always does. Trust and Faith. Truth always comes to Light.

• Maria Garcia says:

I went to my neurosurgeon and tried a Lidocaine infusion for my pain because of the same pain you have every day. I have been a dysfunctional nine on the pain scale and in less than an hour my pain went from a nine to a two and I was in tears. I could not believe how it gave me such peace so fast like I use to have before mesh ruined my life. I was almost pain free and it eliminated my other pain I have been having with many other issues. My husband was just as emotional as I was to see me almost pain free and acting like my old self. During this time we were able to do things together we have not been able to do for years. For me the the side effects were ringing in my ears in and high blood pressure a few days later. Most people get low blood pressure and with that I could not get another infusion. I would not allow that to scare you away from Lidocaine infusions because everyone is different and it really works for most people without major side effects. Once you experience the pain fading away it is such a blessing you will be overwhelmed with emotion. The treatment lasts only a few weeks to a month and needs to be repeated but if it works for you without the side effects you will remember me. I wish I could be there to watch the pain leave your body and the tears of joy flow down your face.

Sincerely,

Maria Garcia

• Bejah B says:

Beautifully said Maria, thank you. Hope you have found a viable alternative. There seem to be a lot of options and I think you are right about our physiology being different from the next person…seems to make sense.

35. Jbroken says:

Also when there scroll down to large print ABC NEWS hit an then scroll to big blue bars investigate an hit then do it stories Deb. an Tammy. Maybe this will help u ok

36. Bejah B says:

I may have a new symptom…I have red bumps all over in different areas that come and go. I have put all sorts of treatments on them, but they seem to come back….probably at any given time on 20-30% of my body, legs, arms, abdomen. It is coming from inside, not outside of my body. If anyone else has this please let me know. Thanks.

37. jbroken says:

I get them on hands arms an all over my body at one time with a white liquid if u pop them An a mad itch on bends of arms an take meds an prescribed cream. Yeap inside I don’t know but visible outside its crazy. Dr. Has to give script for it . Hope this helps

• Bejah B says:

Thanks JB….Sometimes I feel like I am rotting from the inside out. Sometimes I just feel like I am dying…it is nothing specific, just this quiet intuitive feeling probably made more troubling by anxiety and depression. The exhaustion is really hard and feeds into this feeling but I just work through it and go do something that makes me feel better like gardening or drawing. I wory though that tomorrow may be the day it gets much worse or I will wake aware somehow of a braking apart of the brittle mesh and the slicing through the bladder or GOD knows what. So I try to live very quietly, no crowds, no loud noises, as if mine is now a monastic existence. It is so strange to wake up in the morning and think, GOD I am still alive. I never dreamed it would be like this, perhaps end like this.

• jbroken says:

You are not going too pass. U are a survivor ok. We must fight for our bodies an mine’s ok. Stay strong. God Bless

38. Andagain says:

The new order has it up to 39 if I read it correctly they removed a few that were not unFer the criteria, and added up to 39

39. jbroken says:

Bejah I wrote u with my gmail but they didn’t post but yes you are so rite an I feel it pain too. Its real,real hiring a new dr. To do as u ask not what they want ok.

40. jbroken says:

jnwayer57@gmail.com anytime we can chat dear.

41. Mesh Nightmare says:

39 women for Dec 7th trial

42. Mesh Nightmare says:

Info found on mdl 2327 site

43. Mesh Nightmare says:

I don’t want to be the grammar teacher, but it would make for easier reading if I post the following:

A and AN are indefinite articles.

Use ‘A’ before a consonant.

A Boy, a Cat, a Dog

USE ‘AN’ before a vowel.

An Apple, an Eagle, an Illness.

AND is a conjunction.

Use to connect words.

A cat AND a dog. An apple AND an avocado. A boy AND a girl.

• Bejah B says:

Dear MN, This is very sweet and I hope people do not take it personally. I see a lot of it, even on the news and it makes me wonder about the value of our public schools and what they are teaching. It is very sad but it is not the fault of these people, it is another way that their nation has failed them but when you pay teachers $20,000 a year what do you expect. When I am President I will force corporations to make significant contributions to public education. It is shameful that teachers are doing such a poor job, and schools are failing children. I tell you our nation is falling apart. Things like this are the canary in the birdcage.

BTW my mother made me write letters to my grandmother regularly and my grandmother would correct the errors in red and send the letters back to me for correction!

44. Andagain says:

Jane go to the orders section under Ethicon MDL go to the bottom of the page it shows the most recent updates and list.

45. Tammy (KY) says:

Does this mean the Nov 2 date is no Dec 7? For J&J?

It appears so…. here is the info from the So District of WV

MDL 2327 Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation
      Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin
      United States District Court
      Southern District of West Virginia
      Local Rules
      Administrative Procedures for Electronic Filing in the SDWV
      MDL Manual
      MDL Panel
      ECF / Pacer
      Court Website
      Court Location
      Disclaimer
      Last Updated: 07/02/2015 10:12:21
      Home | Steering Committees, Lead and Liaison Counsel | Orders | Forms | Contacts | Court Reporter Contacts | Numerical List of Cases | Upcoming Court Proceedings | Bellwether and other Trials | General FAQs About MDL | FAQs About Filing in MDL 2187
      Bellwether Trials and other trials
      Updated 7/1/2015

By PTO # 184, the court consolidated 37 cases which were filed by West Virginia plaintiffs implanted in West Virginia with the Ethicon TVT product on the issue of the defective design element of the plaintiffs’ negligent design and strict liability design defect claims. The lead case is 2:12-cv-02952. Trial is set for December 7, 2015.

Updated 3/27/2015

The trial in Edwards v. Ethicon, Inc., et al., 2:12-cv-09972, has been rescheduled from July 13, 2015 to August 24, 2015, at 8:30 a.m.

• Tammy (KY) says:

Thank you Jane for clearing that up…..

• Bejah B says:

Jane, Thinking of the long list of cases is it true that as Judge Goodwin wades through these selecting groups of 20 or 30 there will be a lead case in each group of cases and any one of us could be selected as the lead case in a group of related cases? If so, as I understand it that is a favorable thing for attorneys for plaintiffs because of the exposure, but should the poor plantiff also consider it a good thing or should she be mortified? Also, is there a back up, a stand in lead case? Who selects the cases, the plaintiffs lead counsel panel or the defense or do they alternate? Thanks Jane.

46. Bejah B says:

Thanks guys! I managed to climb out of the pit somehow.

I showed my pharmacist at the out patient pharmacy at Desert Regional Hospital the red bumps I am getting. He actually knows about the mesh! Imagine that. He said it looks like something internal causing it….and speculated it could very well tie back to mesh as a causal factor. I’m going to an Endocronologist.

I wanted to mention something to those of us who have to empty our bladders every 45 seconds, or so it seems. The rawness in that area may be beause of the constant washing of those tender tissues with urine which seems very acidic or something….so I now use a 1/2 baby wipe after, wish I had a bidet (They are wonderful) or I just rinse…keep a pitcher of covered water there. It helps quite a bit with the external burning pain. Do not ever flush the baby wipes down the toilet. Per a NY Times article they are also causing a lot of trouble in landfills (Probably because of their composition) so this is not the best solution from an environmental perspective but I just can not bear it and I am sick of so many medicines. Personally I have not found plain yogurt to be too helpful but it is soothing initially.

It is really important that we all keep track of our symptoms, even things we do not think could be related, even if we do not share that information here. Please do that.

I hope you all have a happy holiday weekend. I can not celebrate. I feel so betrayed. These corporations watch the good people of this country celebrate July 4th and must chuckle at our seeming innocent patriotism. It breaks my heart.

I watched the now a little old meeting of Futurists Nathan Hagens, John Kronan, James Howard Kunstler (on Peak Oil), and others discuss our probable futures as a species. It is interesting to consider what they said then, I think probably about 2009, and what is happening now. To put it simply our country is printing paper money that is not backed by gold. It is just paper and it is hoped by big business that this will move us away from hyper-inflation but it is not. We are told things are getting better but they are not. We are facing a global economic meltdown in the next ten years or so. We are not the only nation with this problem. I have said these corporations are destroying our nation and they are.

In 1970 the US hit the peak, producing then the most oil it would ever and since then production has been falling dramatically. What happens when we run out? Everything falls apart and finally Johnson and Johnson and all the others fall. No more mesh. Make sure you have some kind of currency to barter, trade for good and services.

Think locally. If you can start now to grow your own food. Even in cities like NY there are rooftop gardens and community gardens in open fields. Keep chickens if you can. John Kronan says we are running out of water which seems strange since this is a water planet. I thought, that is why we should start building de-salination plants but that is a complex proposition as it turns out. He says we live in a water economy, not a currency based or oil based economy.

So if you want to see JnJ and the others fall you do not have long to wait, and I promise you they are far more worried about these issues than about your litigation. John wrote a book called “The disease of too much magic” in which he discusses the water crises.

One of the things that was said I think by Dr. Hagens really resonated with me, the idea of “Cognitive Resonance” and I think we see this a lot where mesh is concerned. It is essentially the inability to comprehend or the refusal to believe that anything is wrong, that the product is unsafe, that this is a big problem, etc. Really interesting.

Maybe if I keep talking too much, I can avoid sliding into that dark pit again! Take care all,

• nativespirit says:

calcium memorlite clay you eat it it rids the body of all bad things it also attacks heavy metals my wife is one of you all.. she uses it and it helps her stay healthy on the inside while we fight these people use the clay to rid of radiation…… look it up creator bless

• nativespirit says:

stop speaking such negative things.. stop we have tried to tell you all for years only speak of possitive you create the negative around you learn our native chants and songs its all about frequency sound!!!! create only possitive speak only possitive creator bless

47. Jbroken says:

Thank u for that info. Already thinking on those terms and teaching my kids adult and grandkids. Chickens are a must. And we’ve seen on tv about the water tables and they asked all Americans to use 25% less of water. Ca. In the red of being the closes to run dry. Sad. Thank u about the red bumps, cause I figured that to be true. I have pills and cream for it which helps but still come. God Bless u sweety.

48. Jbroken says:

And yes I couldn’t get out and enjoy the fourth either. I tryed to garden but the heat is overwhelming. Dr. Say avoid a lot of sun. So limited on everything really.

49. Jbroken says:

Ten million would be off the chart. Yes I would but really three million would be ok too.

Maybe not after legal fees…. etc.

• Bejah B says:

JB, Think not about what you think you might be content with (If that is the right word) but think instead about what your life is worth, and think about money as the only punishment that these defendants take notice of, the only thing that has any hope of altering their behavior, their ways of doing business. We all probably know how difficult it can be to change behaviors. Changing corporate behaviours is just about impossible unless the entity is taken apart by judicial order or all the top levels of management are changed. You will need money the rest of your life for medical care that you do not even have any certainty about in terms of complexity and cost. You may not be able to work and so you will need financial support to maintain your standard of living bearing in mind the cost of living. Remember too that the $3 Million you said would be “OK” will not be that amount when it reaches you after all others have received their percentage. Have a professional and well qualified financial planner help you with this. There are a lot of financial planners who are incompetent and others that are theives so be careful. Remember that generally you get what you pay for. Do not hire someone who a friend or neighbor or relative recommends. Find this professional yourself. Do your homework. Your life depends on it. Trust no one. Money changes people in terrible ways. Do not loan money to people. You will never see it again. Your life is worth a lot more than $3 Million dollars.

50. Jbroken says:

Oh I just haven’t a clue. But if that amount is possible, I’m willing. They do owe us greatly. Blown away with that. I wouldn’t decline. I thank u Jane.

51. Jbroken says:

GM, was just wondering about CR BRAD. When do they start giving their settlements out to the people?

52. jbroken says:

Yes man, u are correct and I wasn’t even thinking really. I sure will need that for healthcare for sure. I’m having problems with ins. As we speak. So I truely hear what u are telling me. I would lose this healthcare and yes foodstamps and probably a cut of social security. So with that larger amount I can survive. And yes to long lost freinds, and corrupted people u are so dang right on. I so thank u for help guiding me. I go alone on this journey at home, and yes I depend on u and Jane and others to help me threw this. I thank u dear so much for your kindness. Maybe one day we all can gather together. Keep up your sweet yourself.

53. jbroken says:

Well to tell the truth if this is an offer, I would be totally satisfied, for I’m not greedy. But if I come out great after all fees too survive my cost of life and medical I would be fine no doubt. I haven’t a clue if this is a offer on table or not but greed will hurt. I could live without worry and get help with my problem is the greatest concern. Being down and out at 57 is no ball game. To have security for my future is what I want and need. And that’s my thought. Awesome thought. Thank u. God Bless lets ROLL

54. deb2125 says:

WHEN will ethicon/jj start sending checks? at this point, after 4 years of PAIN and loss of an active life, i want ACTION not words. I do love reading comments from others who are facing similiar symptoms and problems, because it makes me feel like i am not alone; and it might sound weird or crazy, but it is comforting to me to know i have sisters who can relate to what i am going through. So for that i am grateful for these articles and updates. But from ethicon/jj i have heard enough.

55. deb2125 says:

How do we find out if our case is one that is going to trial? my local attorneys office only tells me that j&j is finally talking settlement but an agreement has not been reached. So of those 37-39 cases for December 7 trial, if those cases settle will those be the only ones who will get settlements? Or will that be the precendent that ALL cases will be settled by?

I would love to know whose desk my case is on right now. The judge? the case master? my attorney? Everything is clear as mud

One day your law firm will say Pay us 40% of your settlement. For that they should be answering your questions. A settlement is different from a trial award coming from a jury. The settlement comes from the manufacturer and is not appealable. Again for 40% they should make themselves available to answer your questions.

• deb2125 says:

Ohhh ok…they keep telling me about Judge Godwin and trials but in the next sentence they say they are talking to j&j regarding a settlement but it takes time. So were they saying that judge godwin would order j&j to start settling but my case is not one before him? my case would be submitted to j&j to determine an amount once j&j agrees to a settlement agreement? all this time i thought my case was based on judge godwin . i get it now..i should be paying YOU 40%!

• deb2125 says:

so my attorneys could possibly reach a settlement with j&j before december, correct?

• jbroken says:

If I’m wrong I stand to be corrected. But I read in the past articles that when they take those cases to trail it stands for all cases. If they win them. And CR BRAD AN ETHICON ETC. So it takes time for all fees from all things takes along time. That seems to be the case here. But in our comments of this year from past post of others before I don’t see them posting no more. Maybe they have got thiers. Hoping they would say hay peoples we got ours hang in there, but nothing of the sort yet. God Bless

• deb2125 says:

Agree.. it would be NICE if someone posts here that they received theirs and how long it took. the amount is inconsequential. i just want HOPE that mine is coming!

• Mesh Nightmare says:

To Deb2125……There are over 70,000 mesh cases. About 25,000 cases are J & J in MDL 2327 before Judge Goodwin. You are one of the 25,000 cases since you would know if you are one of the cases selected to go to trial as of this date. If jury decides in your favor they will decide the award. The award can be appealed and that can take years to be resolved. At anytime during trial J & J may ask to settle. If you agree to that settlement offer, it is final.

J & J has said that they will take each case to trial until they are vindicated. That would take 20 years.

However, they can have a change of heart and announce they are going to offer settlements to 25,000 plaintiffs. That has NOT happened. If it were to happen it would take months, if not years, for plaintiffs to see their share after insurance reimbursements and attorney fees are paid first.

• deb2125 says:

Thank you for the information.. however it has already been 4 YEARS since my surgery and longer for others!! cant j&j and all involved take THAT into consideration when talking settlement instead of it taking even MORE YEARS off our lives??

• Mesh Nightmare says:

Are you saying that surgery date should be taken into account IF there were settlement talks? Since J & J is NOT talking settlements and we’re not attorneys in Judge Goodwin’s courtroom it would be of no value for us to formulate criteria. It’s been 12 years since my surgery.

56. jbroken says:

Thank u for that. U are so kind to give me info on that for my strange rash or red bumps. I will pray for u as well. God Bless That is very good.

57. Jbroken says:

My attorney is from NYC LONG ISLAND. I want to know where is CR BRAD CASES are at. In WVA only or some in NJ OR NYC OR WHERE! Could someone let me know PLEASE. I have TSL PIG TISSUE IMPLANT was needing to know where THANKS AN GOD BLESS

Some are in New Jersey, some are in So District of WV you can visit their website and find your case if its there)… There are likely other cases filed around the country. One case against Bard was heard in Bakersfield California. See the Scott case. Use the Search Bar on Mesh News.

58. Karen says:

I found my name on the list and next to Ethicon it says Ethicon Inc. ET ALS. Can some please tell me what this means?