AU Mesh Trial Introduces Bleak Picture of Money Driven Physician

Joanne McCarthy, Newcastle Herald

Mesh Medical Device News Desk, July 10, 2017 ~ In a class action trial of 700 Australian women who claim injuries from pelvic mesh, Johnson & Johnson documents reveal the sales pitch used to urge physicians to readily adopt the pelvic mesh implants.

It’s estimated 8,000 Australian women were implanted with pelvic mesh beginning in 2005.

Here is a review of the recent coverage of this precedent setting trial.

In an Opinion piece in The Herald,  Saturday, July 8, reporter Joanne McCarthy writes about a revealing document introduced in the first day of this class action trial, expected to last six months.

Entitled, “The Practice-Driven Physician,” it was an aggressive marketing campaign authored by Ethicon in 2010, that was intended for physicians who would be the ready and willing market for upcoming pelvic mesh devices to treat incontinence and prolapse.

The J&J target doctor was highly motivated to succeed and to grow a positive reputation as well as revenue by adopting the eight-minute procedure to treat incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse.

Ideally, the doctor could charge more and perform four procedures before lunch.  There is no mention of the patient in this sales pitch.

As an example, the ideal doctor is quoted as saying he, “just got back from a week in St. Moritz- fabulous ski conditions. I picked up the Lamborghini on Friday. An amazing machine.”

That kind of doctor.

Two women, who have had to stand during much of the trial due to their pelvic injuries, were met by McCarthy outside the courtroom, visibly shocked and horrified by the description.

McCarthy equates mesh injuries to child abuse carried on by institutions she reported on in Australia.  Both involve abuse of power and a lack of consent.

She writes, “Doctors do not want to hear this, and some will no doubt be angered by the comparison. But the medical industry – for that is what the mesh device scandal exposes – has to face what that Johnson & Johnson document says. Women patients have been reduced to things.”

ABC.net.au reports a lawyer for Johnson & Johnson, Steven Finch SC told the court that transvaginal mesh has been used to treat a wide variety of pelvic-floor problems, including urinary incontinence and organ prolapse.

“All devices have pros and all have cons. It’s not defective if a device has a con,” he said.

“The fact the device is associated with a rate of failure is simply one of its features.”

J&J TRIES TO SPIKE REPORT

Reporter Christopher Knaus, reports that the case of 700 women is being heard before Justice Anna Katzmann in federal court in Sydney, Australia.

In week one, The Guardian reports the plaintiffs’ lawyers told jurors women were used as guinea pigs after J&J tried to stop French health authorities from publishing warnings about the use of untested pelvic mesh.

Just as occurred in the states, the Australian version of the Food and Drug Administration, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), did no testing and required no clinical trials before the mesh devices were placed on the market.

Ethicon, the medical device division of Johnson & Johnson, told doctors the devices were inexpensive and simple to implant in women.

There would be many women in need, especially as the baby boomer generation aged. More devices would mean more income to a medical office. But there was a problem – without randomized controller clinical trials the scant testing on dogs, sheep and cadavers was insufficient or too short-term.

Barrister Duncan Graham SC said “It was sell first, test later. The women who had them implanted were part of an experiment, they were guinea pigs.”

Outside federal courthouse, Sydney, News.com.au

THE FRENCH REPORT

In 2007, Ethicon was concerned about a French report.

It concluded clinical research was needed on Ethicon’s pelvic organ prolapse (POP) mesh Prolift, before the pelvic mesh could be approved or cleared for market.

At that time, Prolift was already being sold in Australia and had been for two years, reports The Guardian.

Minutes from an Ethicon meeting said the company feared the report “Could have a major impact on our business if made public.”

SAFE AND EFFECTIVE

New England Journal of Medicine article published in 2011, Anterior Colporrhaphy versus Transvaginal Mesh for Pelvic-Organ Prolapse, was supportive of the mesh devices.

Two years later, JAMA revised the reportadmitting the study was edited by Ethicon.

The authors, Daniel Altman among them, had been paid consulting fees. Ethicon reviewed and edited the pre-submission draft of the manuscript.  The conflict of interest disclosure did not contain that information.

There were significant differences to the articles.

The article said the mesh could be implanted in a standardized technique, negating the complexity of the surgery beyond the skills of a lesser-trained inexperienced surgeon.

Instead, according to an article in The Lancet in December, women with pelvic mesh implant were roughly three times more likely to suffer a complications and twice as likely to require revision surgery compared to women who had surgery using sutures alone.   ###

1. Bejah Blue says:

I feel so sad, in a world that seems to be falling apart, in a nation facing another very serious potential impeachment of a sitting President, where money can buy almost anything and anyone how can we ever hope to make things right, to make the nation what we promised the world it would be, to be the people we wanted ourselves to be? I am assuming that we (Americans) are not allowed to consider JnJ actions in this matter that have been brought to light in Australia. I feel like those who would struggle to find justice have their hands tied behind them in an America that increasingly is not one where governance is “of, by and for the people”.

Seems like the bottom line is money in politics and money in medicine, no?

• Kitty says:

Quit slamming the president. You were all for him prior to election…dont u remember the letter?? Bleeding hearts yada yada. This is a great country. I am proud to be an American

• Bejah Blue says:

Kitty, I am critiquing an administration that does not seem to support the needs and desires of the people, and I am concerned about the impact that may have on our community and the possibility that Medicaid may be cut considerably is an example of that. I believe that is a relevant and reasonable comment. For the record I did not vote for Mr. Trump.

Bejah

You’all,,,, let’s leave politics for Facebook okay?… too much rancor when we get into that…. we are all Americans! Thank you for understanding. You all are so wonderful!!

2. Anon says:

It truly sickens me worse than the pain and trauma we have been put through to read the blatant disregard that JNJ has for women. We have been implanted with a torture devise that they knew but ignored warnings doctored up research to sell it to basically doctors who could not perform a surgery because they lacked training and expertise. If the citizens of this country were aware of the fraudulent criminal negligence of this company they would demand a shutdown and criminal charges against these monsters. They are spending billions defending themselves instead of helping the victims of there fraud and cover ups. When is enough enough this country is all corrupt with money hungry companies lawyers judges elected officials media . everyone will profit on the lives they have distroyed . the lid needs to be blown completely off there defense. Its reprehensible the amount of cover up,were is our voice, our media, our justice. Is there no main stream media that has the balls to go after these companies. I dont want hush money I want true justice for myself and all my mesh sisters suffering in pain and mental anguish for our lives theyve distroyed. Mine was the very same pprolift they are discussing in this article. And as many mine was long before the FDA was even aware of the product . mine was Jan 06 and FDA wants to slap there hand and approved it long after it was implanted in hundreds of thousands of women. How in the hell does this even happen. Yes I am angry my life has been ruined and to them its just business and money. I wish that there was some way to get this out mainstreamed so everyone in this country know about the corruption . boycott every product JNJ makes. Even baby powder is unsafe. Think about that when we use it on our children baby’s. Come on world open your eyes. We are all gineah pigs to these people in corporate america. Just a paycheck to themselves. Outragous bonuses to rape the unknowing people around the world. There is little to no humanity in these people. They hide behind the lawyers and there money. They should sleep in prison not there beautiful homes they bought on the backs of all the people they have harmed for greed. Its not just mesh victims but all the people who have been harmed by products that are untested or were tested but they ignored the truth to sell sell sell. That is what this all comes down too.

3. Anon says:

I am surprised they didn’t just train monkeys to do the surgeries on us. Hell why not just give us the mesh and let us implant it after a weekend of training. Then they could bypass the expensive seminars and fancy resorts they put all the doctors up in while being trained.

4. Anon says:

If we all take there hush money there will never be any justice. If we all tell them to shove it we may actually see some true justice. But shutting up is exactly what they want because they know the scope of the harm there done. They should be afraid of truth coming out very afraid of what it would do to there reputation if these truths were made mainstream. This is huge and its worldwide destruction of women mothers nieces children wives . Its going to come out because these other countries are not gonna let it be swept under the rug. They are reporting.

An on- I believe history will show that the great hush imposed on injured women kept this story from reaching front page news. Yes, it is easier to negotiate a case when the plaintiff has not talked to the media, but it also puts negative pressure on the manufacturers, just my opinion.

• Cecil says:

Rejecting a settlement offer is not “telling them to shove it.” By not accepting compensation for your injuries, you are doing exactly what these companies want! You just become one more person they do not have to pay. Foolish choice

• Still Standing says:

Interesting comment, Cecil. It is important to recognize, however, that what may seem like a foolish decision on your part does not make it a foolish decision on other women’s parts. I don’t know where you come from, so I can’t comment on what you decide. Some women have had what they considered decent settlement offers. Others have been completely discounted by the manufacturer and they feel that taking their offers is degrading and demeaning. Making this decision is a personal decision that can only be made by her. To call a decision that you don’t agree with “foolish” does not help those who are navigating this emotional dilemma.

5. Anon says:

Jane you are a true saint because you care you report you stand up. Just wish we could get you and many spokeswomen on talk shows 60 minutes wall street and every media Chanel there is. I feel sorry for the women who’ve been bullied into shitty settlements and made to shut up and take it. So unfair.

6. Daniees.311@gmail.co says:

Hi, could someone explain why is the health report on vaginalmesh from the French authorities so importat ?

the French helped develop the TVT in Europe before it was cleared in the US. The French also had some concerns about the product which they voiced to Ethicon and which was ignored.

7. MarieAnn says:

Johnson $ Johnson took away my Constitutional right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I am a Prolift “clinical trial…” it has not turned out so well. I am not even half the young woman I was. Future is bleak and full of pain and suffering. Praying that God will deal with this evil company and its minions.

• Kitty says:

Marie Ann… Take care and fight for your ability to get back to work. It may take years..but Try as hard as u can to get back to your vocation. Pray to St Anthony if you are Catholic.

• Me says:

Thank you for your concern. I have been injured since 2009 and not able to work in the medical profession.Chronic pelvic pain. I can not lift even a gallon of milk. Immune system is failing. Have a non-healing pelvic wound at the present. Yes, I pray to the Lord for healing daily. God bless you!

• Bejah Blue says:

Indeed, not only our Constitutional inalienable rights but our GOD given rights have been denied by this corporation that seems to clearly exert disturbing influence on even the DOJ. I would warn those JnJ employees who would cry out that they were only doing their jobs when the time of punishment comes that there will be no sympathy for such excuses. Religion may be the opiate of the masses but it is also the source of truth. If you sell your soul to Satan there is no going back.

Bejah

8. Bejah Blue says:

Forgive me people, for I know many had high hopes for this administration, but the truth is that now we have one of these corporate CEO types running our nation. GOD help us.

It has been said that a nation is only as great as its capacity to care for its most vulnerable citizens. I believe the current administration seeks to eliminate Medicaid. Could that possibly be true?

Remember when, in the beloved Christmas tale, says that the poor and sick should just die and relieve the surplus population and elsewhere one of the ghosts of Christmas opens his rich robes to reveal two starving haunted faces of children and cautions the world not to ignore them for they would destroy the world? I am reminded of this tale when I think of our nation today and certainly “the west” referring to westernized nations.

GOD commanded us to be our brother’s keeper. Are we? Each of us in our own lives, are we doing this?

• Kitty says:

Jane doesn’t want us to talk politics..but my main mantra was to keep people that really don’t appreciate western values out of this country. All these companies that did these trials will eventually come to justice…..this is not third world. I love my country and love my young service members. Thank g.d for the USA..no matter what problems we have.

Most people no matter where they are from want the same things… to love the people in their lives, take care of their children and provide them with opportunities.. kindness and community – aren’t these universal values for most sane people? Acknowledge there are insane sociopaths… timothy mcveigh comes to mind. The OK city bomber. Do we condemn his religion whatever it was? ….. probably not. Don’t seek reasons to hate please… enough for these pages. They are intended for those looking for answers who are in fear of their life. I’m taking a little rant liberty here. Peace and love to all!

• Bejah Blue says:

I do too Kitty but we must be vigilant about her compass heading. I would ask you about “Western values” but that would probably be off topic so I will restrain my curiosity.

Bejah

9. MMA Docs says:

On the topic of “trained monkeys”….
    You’d be shocked to find in your medical records the presence of sales representatives in the operating room. After 15 years in the medical records business, it still makes my hair stand on end.

• Bejah Blue says:

Yes, when I learned about this I was furious and shocked. And the hospital does not even think it appropriate to ask us for our permission. At trial can we call on these individuals to testify? I noticed there was no mention of this in my medical records, BTW.

Along the same lines I have been told that the doctor will make personal notes during surgery that do not become part of the medical file. Can we supponea (sp?) these?

Bejah

• Still Standing says:

Bejah, this study linked above is chilling. Hard to really believe a salesman is ever permitted into the O.R, but it is quite common, though the patient is not informed about this. I don’t ever plan to have anything else implanted in my body but theoretically I would insist that no device rep be present. It may not be a big issue for some, but I think we should be informed and have the right to choose. Really, why should a device rep have the right to my personal medical information? Just too creepy. I would be interested to know how many women with mesh complications had a device rep present at their implant surgery.

• Bejah Blue says:

Dear SS, I fear too many. I wonder what else has been kept from us in this arena and others.

I am scheduled to have a spinal fusion at UCSF in the coming months (Doing extensive pre op now) and I will have a serious discussion with the surgeon about device reps and also insist that a Neurologist be present which in the case of this kind of spine surgery may be done anyway. Here we go again! Evidently if I do not do this my spine may collapse. I am reminded that as a species our bodies did not ever evolved to allow us to walk upright…an interesting subject for serious research. Thx for your comment.

• Bejah Blue says:

SS, I am reading through it, downloaded it. Will say something when I am done. Thanks again.

• Bejah Blue says:

So the sales reps from Ethicon and by extension JnJ have our medical records and a record of our surgery including perhaps film footage. What don’t they have? What they accidentley burned up? Any ramifications for that? Unbelievable. When/if I have spine surgery I am going to insist that I do not want any sales reps in the surgery suite and I will make them sign off on that.

When is your surgery scheduled..? We want to send you good thoughts, prayers etc.

• Bejah Blue says:

Thanks Jane. It is not on the calendar yet. We have not finished pre-op. I still need to see Neurologist and have xray of spine. Because it is so hot here now, and because I have to go by bus it takes longer. I am almost done so I am guessing surgery will be in January maybe. The surgeon has already accepted me (Sigurd Bevard at UCSF). Thx!

10. Lordhelpus says:

I’ve asked my attorney’s office this from the get-go as to why these Dr’s are not being held accountable as well. My dr. implanted me during my hysterectomy after we had both agreed that I didn’t want it. I found out the next day when he broke the news to me. I asked him why and he said that it was the best thing for me. Two days later I felt a horrible pain and then a tear. Still after all of that he tells me that I just have to get used to it. Yeah, so it’s true, they are all money hungry.

• Bejah Blue says:

OMG. You can and should file a separate suit against the doctor which I think Jane told me you will want to do in the state court. You are not the only one this has happened to. Beyond reprehensible, it is criminal. I am sure you will get lots of good advice and emotional support here. My heart goes out to you. Contact a few top law firms and ask them to send you a proposal/contract. Choose the very best one with the best terms and have someone look it over for you before signing and mailing it back to the firm. The law firm you select can make a big difference. Please do not choose from the yellow pages or the attorney with the little office in town. I believe this would be considered a high value case based on what you have said so select counsel with that in mind.

Bejah

• Still Standing says:

Medical malpractice claims are difficult to bring and have very strict statutes of limitations in each state. Most have a year from injury or discovery to a maximum three years from injury. They are high cost litigations.

• Bejah Blue says:

But that does not mean that if one has a high value legitimate case they should not pursue it if they can secure representation by a good law firm. The standing of the firm is especially important in these cases.

• Bejah Blue says:

Sounds like we may need to have surgeons sign a promissary document before surgery in future stating what is and is not allowed. And where was the hospital employee who is supposed to make sure patients are cared for properly? Do we need to expand their responsibilities? I certainly hope this was reported to state medical board. IMHO patient reporting to AMA is useless, worse than useless.

11. Bejah Blue says:

I am feeling so frustrated this day. When I was originally subjected to testing to determine if my bladder was functioning normally the results indicated it was not, not emptying all of its contents as it should making me a candidate for the killing mesh. Now again my bladder is not releasing all of its contents so what was the point of that surgery in 2010? It will be a cold day in HELL before I have another surgery like that. So infuriating. So evil. I will just go try every 10 minutes for the rest of my life if that is what I must do. Grrrrrr

• Still Standing says:

I know you are frustrated, Bejah, but please, trying to push out urine is the LAST thing you want to do. That will only make your problem worse. You might have been diagnosed with neurogenic bladder and you are unable to completely empty your contents. This can and does lead to frequent UTIs because urine doesn’t empty and breeds bacteria.This is often caused by hypertonic pelvic muscles caused by the mesh trauma. . I don’t know if your doctor has addressed ways to mitigate this, but he/she should. There are many ways to address this condition. Pelvic floor physical therapy, muscle relaxers, and other medications can help. Creating an awareness through biofeedback of other mindfulness techniques are helpful. My bladder stretched to 4x normal size one time and landed me in the hospital but now I have things under control thanks to great medical care. I did have to self cath for a while, which I didn’t Iike at all, but somewhere in the middle of all of this, we run out of favorable options. Let me know if you want any more information about my (pissy) bladder issues. I’ll be glad to share.

• Bejah Blue says:

Dear SS, Yes please hold my hand! I thank Heaven for you most days.

Bejah

No doctor has not mentioned this as I recall. I think he is a good guy, went to a top med school and compassion is one of his assets. Why can’t I remember his name?

PS

How can I have pelvic floor PT when I have malformed kidneys…I am afraid they will be hurt, my poor little kidneys. I wonder what else is malformed.

• Still Standing says:

Bejah, are your kidneys in your pelvis. Pelvic floor PT really just works on those muscles and fascia below the belly button. It is a complex area of many major muscles that crisscross in that area. Pelvic floor disorders are much more common than most people realize, up to 25% of all women have pelvic floor disorders. I have no idea why a doctor would put in pelvic mesh if you couldn’t empty your bladder before sending you to PT. I would think that should have been his first treatment option. In Europe, all women who have any abdominal surgery are routinely sent for pelvic floor PT. They recognize how closely women’s health is tied to the pelvic floor and it is. Things that put us at risk include childbirth, trauma, lifting, wearing tight clothes, bicycling, the list is endless. Your doctor may have seemed compassionate, but recommending surgery before trying non invasive treatment options is not in his patients’ best interest. im going to be in San Diego for an Academy of Integrative Pain Management conference in October. How close do you live from there?

It would be wonderful if you two could meet! I need to make a trip there too….for family stuff. Maybe we could all meet up!

• Bejah Blue says:

SS, October sounds wonderful. I live near Palm Springs (about 25 miles up the mountain/hills) but I can meet in Palm Springs or arrange to be in LA for the day (I always stay at a wonderful little place in downtown Santa Monica a short walk from the pier. There is a nice one downtown LA also but I feel more comfortable in Santa Monica and I can walk on the beach. Would love to get together!

Bejah

• Bejah Blue says:

Also, the Urologist I see now is NOT the one who led me by the ring in my nose to surgery at UCLA, that was Ha Jong Kim. My Urologist now is Gary Leifer, M.D. I did not know of what you have told me about one’s bladder. Sometimes I wonder if my bladder is malformed since so many things are, perhaps from DES exposure in utero, or perhaps also from sexual abuse as a child (male parent). So many of us have suffered so much in our lives and isn’t it extraordinary that the body can carry on as it does, dear body. My list of things that would put me at risk for bladder issues might include the fact that when we moved I wanted to be a modern independent woman so I always helped carry boxes, never thinking about their weight, I used to windsurf in San Diego and then the boards were large more than heavy, not like the wave boards now. I also had a 10 lb 10 oz baby but did not gain any other weight, delivered naturally somehow. Now he is 6’3″ and very handsome and healthy! I am 5’9″ and was about 125 lbs, oh to be that weight again! Now I know I should never have lifted anything more than about 25 pounds. Why are girls not taught these things in school.

• Bejah Blue says:

Gary Leifer, M.D.! am going to take a copy of your email to him if that is OK so we can discuss some of your thoughts. THANKS SO MUCH.

• Still Standing says:

Of course take what you want. I wish you had a good urogyn on your case. They just see things with a different perspective. A urologist is of course focused on the mechanics of the system and obviously your is unusual,with your kidney placement. However, Imdont see how abdominal massage, pelvic floor manipulation could hurt, but your doctor needs to have that conversation. We often don’t understand how synchronized the pelvic floor has to be to be healthy. As the bladder empties, the rectal sphincter is closed. After that bladder muscle is through then the sphincter open up. The vagina is quite a miracle itself. A plump vaginal area helps shield the urethra from bacteria. I assume most mesh women who have constant UTIs could be helped with just several applications of estrogen cream a week. Digestion play a roll, too since our gut health determines so much of our health. The medical world is now calling the gut our second brain because it is so important. If you eat the wrong foods and don’t pay attention to your gut health, you can develop constipation,which is a major pain trigger with mesh and women who have chronic constipation develop prolapsed pelvic organs can develop. Tense pelvic muscles can lead to,vulvodynia and other pain conditions. It is just important to take a step back and look at your health from a point of holistic wellbeing. Learning how to keep everything working as a whole is truly a key to healthy nd well being.

Gut health is very important…. Do you have a gut flora supplement you recommend?

Urologist is Gary Leifer, M.D. B

• Bejah Blue says:

I think I looked for Urogyn here that I felt comfortable seeing. Maybe I should check again now to see if the landscape has changed. Very interesting about Vulvodynia…I do use digitally applied HRT three times a week. It does help with the pain but it has been my understanding the primary purpose was to strengthen tissues. Much to learn. The “leaky gut” issue is something I do not understand well and need to study esp. as it relates to the women’s issues we are all concerned about. BTW I now take my B12 sublingual and have told a dear friend to also, he was exposed to Meth about 10 years ago and now tries to take good care of himself but did not know to take the B12 this way so special thanks for this information. Thanks friends!

12. Bejah Blue says:

Notes from deep in the night: It is around 1:00am and I am up because I feel that certain sickness that tells me my blood pressure is high so I take my emergency Clonidine, don’t know what I would do without it. Wanted to mention to you all that I was watching a PBS channel earlier in the day and the guest was a doctor I think talking about longevity. He said that once a person gets an autoimmune disease they are more likely to get another. Is this something we know/agree with. Tossing this out for comment.

13. Anonymous says:

To those of you who think that saying no to an offer is foolish I can only tell you you don’t know my situation. I was offered very little although I’m catastrophically hurt is how they labeled me. But because of certain deadlines they’re not looking at everything that I’ve gone through until much later after I agree to a settlement and then they’ll decide how much I’m worth . Completely disabled in pain all the time auto immune deficiencies and the list keeps going on. For those of you that are offered $100,000 or less once you pay your attorneys and all the fees you walk away with not even enough to replace a salary for a full year. How can you say women are foolish for not accepting an offer like that. Although I’m sure the expenses that go to trial cost a lot why is my body my injuries any less noteworthy than those who have gotten 2.3 million or even 11 million dollars. How do you judge one person worth and value compared to yours when you may have the same injuries. The only difference is going to court and not going to court. I never dreamt that I would get millions of dollars but at least I want my offer to be fair and for them to replace everything I’ve lost. You’re right we have lost the pursuit of happiness the American dream is gone and women have been referred to as things and not human. By not accepting the offer I am making a very large statement I will not be treated this way and have you make me completely disabled and take away so much of my life and then just say here’s a penny go shut up. NO!!! I never asked for this I don’t want it but it’s my burden to bear now. And just remember ladies it’s not just J&J even though there are some of them that are settling or you have to be quiet not saying anything there still Bard, AMS and others out there that are trying to get us women to keep our mouths shut. I wish Jane could get on one of the talk shows 60 minutes or whatever I would get on the first plane and be there with her. I want our Senators are legislators the people of this country to know what is happening to to many women. Only when you can bring to light the demons and the devils tricks and what they’ve done to us women will they ever be held liable for what they are doing. To keep quiet and take a settlement does not send a message it just lets them continue to get away with what they want to do. Jane what can we do as a community how can we get it on TV what do we need to do this is ridiculous. There are newspaper articles in other countries why can’t we get a good one going? Day by day I die slowly from this catastrophe that I’ve been through no one seems to care everyone just seems to say sit wait be quiet. No the people of this country don’t care about lives anymore they only care about how much money you make how big is your house what kind of car you drive and what clubs do you belong to. Human life has been devalued so badly it’s not even funny.

• Bejah Blue says:

Dear Anonymous, I so admire your conviction, your courage…I just hope this works out well for you. Bless you.

Bejah

14. Bejah Blue says:

Strange, I just started writing something to SS and Jane and it just went away and I was back at main page of Jane’s site (Spooky action not at a distance, ha!). I will try again….SS my little kidneys are not where they are supposed to be, they are right where the mesh is. Jane and SS I would love to get together…I’ll bet we could open a cafe in the morning and close it at 2am talking straight through! Or we could lounge on my very comfortable sofas (Beware of dog hair). Or we could go to the polo club and borrow three of my friend Marcias horses and wander around the polo club (it is where the Coachella Music Fest. is) Love ya, B Bejah